Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

EightAce posted:

3 directors of CIG Manchester (In the heart of Wilmslow Cheshire) have public share holdings in a company that has just had 15 million dollars shipped into it.
One is a Roberts the other a lifelong childhood friend and the other an ex prominent member of staff at Gizmondo. Not to mention the whole thing has been actioned by the new CFO another childhood friend and ex CFO of Gizmondo Europe. Its all right there in black and white.

There is an Astin martin garage very close to the office i will be watching the clientele closely .........
From a few pages back but :eyepop:

:horse:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wafflz posted:

We should start a pool on how much clothes will cost in real dollars, since you know they are going to be selling them for real dollars.

I'm going to go with:

T-shirt: 10 USD
Pants: 10 USD
Hoodie or Jacket: 25 USD
Hats and Shoes 7.50 USD
Military version of anything above add 10 USD

I'll buy the winner an avatar of Sandi with an evil mustache mspainted on.

Fedora: 25
Browncoat: 50
Fursuit: 125
Not-Jedi robes: 100
Guy Fawkes mask: 42

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This is unbelievable.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Oh really?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Or maybe Chris Roberts fashion designer finally got ahold of Ben. Black is slimming, never wear anything else!

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Sandi seems like she really doesn't like Ben at all

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Natron posted:

This is especially stupid when you consider that the game takes place in the distant future. I feel like in the future you could just set the cockpit right at the center of the ship and have camera arrays all over it that a pilot could switch between while using some kind of helmet. Basically like an occulus rift (which we'll have at the end of May or something) with a 360 degree camera on the outside. The pilot and crew would be protected better, and they'd have perfect sight all around the ship. What's the point of having glass on the ship at all?

It's just a lack of imagination, really.

Posting from page 1730.

Rogue system does exactly this. The cockpit has no windows and the surrounding is rendered by displays all around the cockpit.

Of course you have to be a massive sperg to play that game. I kind of like it though.

Edit: I suck at numbers

xanif fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 4, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EightAce posted:

to quote myself
' What they are working on now is unbelievable'

I thankyou ....

I still don't believe it. Seriously. It's not even polishing brass while the Titanic sinks. It's trying to sell someone a cabin upgrade while the Titanic sinks.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol at anyone who listens to this interview with Pressley and thinks this game is coming out this year or any year.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BeefThief posted:

This is unbelievable.

An everyday phrase.

Yet, it occurs. RtV should be a good one.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Or maybe Chris Roberts fashion designer finally got ahold of Ben. Black is slimming, never wear anything else!

Maybe i'm the one with glaucoma cause I don't see poo poo!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

xanif posted:

Posting from page 130.

Rogue system does exactly this. The cockpit has no windows and the surrounding is rendered by displays all around the cockpit.

Of course you have to be a massive sperg to play that game. I kind of like it though.

Ah yes, Rogue System, the developer who missed the point of DCS.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lmao that these people think we all play Derek's games.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

Oh nice, I forgot about the browncoat, they will definitely charge over 100 for that.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

https://youtu.be/33ToZW4o9AE?t=968

Wrap it up guys, there is no more PU or baby PU or PTU. What you have now is officially Star Citizen.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

KiddieGrinder posted:

Also about UK people liking Sandi; as an American living in the UK I can confirm that most British people are basically miserable as poo poo. I guess it's the weather or something, or just another British'ism, but that might put a twist on "EveryoneThe peons love Sandi here!" angle.

As a Brit who's lived and worked abroad I would agree and say a lot of it is down to Brits liking non-Brits as partners.

As you say most Brits are miserable male and female, all you need to do to stand out from the drab grey crowd is wander around with a smile on your face (real or otherwise) and the miserable Brit women are instantly in the shade, add an interesting accent and somewhere new to go on holiday with exotic local food and drink and Sharon from Birmingham is suddenly not worth the hassle.

I haven't dated another Brit since I first went abroad.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Daztek posted:

The ATV Interview with Luke Pressley is interesting, if you listen between the lines

I was thinking the same thing, they spent a lot of time making the editor show what they wanted to show. Not that it could do it, just that it would show what they wanted. Same with Crusader, also didn't he just say the map was only the size of Jupiter?

Also if you ever wanted proof that Sandi reads SA and that SA effects CIG, jump to 14:06, when an "outtake" happens and Ben explains that Sandi is so good because she reads her lines. This is of course after I and others pointed out how much time she spends reading her script.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Imagine you're a stylist and your canvas is fat dopey moron with hair that looks poo poo no matter what, I'd shove him in a black turtleneck too because he will look insanely lame in any item of clothing so might as well just go for the least offensive

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

Oh nice, I forgot about the browncoat, they will definitely charge over 100 for that.

cost are (in-game) monthly rent of course.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yep, first thought I had. We put in our best guesses. Getting bottled water, champagne and mo-capped hotdogs while we sign loans in the showroom and get stuck with clear coat protection was outside out of our meager minds.

doobie involvement confirmed.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

trucutru posted:

Fedora's will be a RARE commodity in the future since the art of making them is Long Lost in the 'Verse. They will cost $250, doubling in price for each one owned by a player.

Guy Fawkes masks will be rare for GOOD ones. Most will be made from foam plates and sharpy markers, but will still cost a fortune because Sharpy's disappear at regular intervals on streamers cameras. $100.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'm the waitress stuck in a t-pose holding a glass of champaign, slowly clipping through the floor of the showroom

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

don't cry for me fellow commandos

I have sniped my share of pages, none of them with good posts

o9

No sniping like poo poo sniping, amirite, commando?

o7

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I love this dog. Can we make your dog the official thread mascot?? Derek Smart is adorable but not quite as much as the pooch

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Phi230 posted:

Ah yes, Rogue System, the developer who missed the point of DCS.

How's that?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

grimcreaper posted:

Fedora's will be a RARE commodity in the future since the art of making them is Long Lost in the 'Verse. They will cost $250, doubling in price for each one owned by a player.

Guy Fawkes masks will be rare for GOOD ones. Most will be made from foam plates and sharpy markers, but will still cost a fortune because Sharpy's disappear at regular intervals on streamers cameras. $100.

Fedora's
Beards
Adventure time t shirts
full sleave tats
Pervy weird anime 3d prints on desks

and loving vapes

should be banned in any game dev environment.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

cocaine dad show posted:

I'm the waitress stuck in a t-pose holding a glass of champaign, slowly clipping through the floor of the showroom

Hi, I'm wulge. I have a few pics and ships to show ya...

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The game is so clearly a base attempt to bilk idiots I love it

Next major spacejet feature will be racing. Not trade/cargo, although it's great how many people are streaming themselves pushing the vending machines around until they crash. It's so great they're going to sell the vending machines for your hangar!

Sandi is also one of the worst actresses I've ever seen in my life. After the segment with the bald guy, Ben leads it back in and SANDI READS THE LINE HE JUST READ. Good LORD.

E: Money is editing this, right? Dude, tell whoever's filming to get another take when that kind of poo poo happens. It makes the whole organization look terrible.

Sandi learn the lines.

This is a goon.

BeefThief fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 4, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

EightAce posted:

Fedora's
Beards
Adventure time t shirts
full sleave tats
Pervy weird anime 3d prints on desks

and loving vapes

should be banned in any game dev environment.

I totally agree.

Especially the drat vapes. I work retail, and those things are loving awful. You can always tell someone is a douche when they pull their loving vapor out and just start using it in the middle of a work environment or on a sales floor. I want to punch these people becuase i dont want to breathe in their lovely vape smoke poo poo.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So, I just saw that bit that they are working on a virtual showroom to sell the virtual ships. Anyone want to take a bet that the exclusive Whale club will link directly to the showroom?

Edit: ^^ So glad my office has a no smoking policy that covers Vapes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

I like how he types like this

You obviously have no background in post design.

(alpha Post Universe 2.9.1.3.7.1.4.6)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

grimcreaper posted:

I totally agree.

Especially the drat vapes. I work retail, and those things are loving awful. You can always tell someone is a douche when they pull their loving vapor out and just start using it in the middle of a work environment or on a sales floor. I want to punch these people becuase i dont want to breathe in their lovely vape smoke poo poo.

UK law prevents them from using a vape indoors but my god they look a pack of dick heads standing around outside puffing away. Stinking the place up like a candyfloss stand

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Did lando just compare the tutorial to real life military scenario that his dad said was just like the real thing?

my head is full of gently caress.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I edited and added a bunch of stuff because this in game salesroom floor thing-- if I understood jake ross correctly-- is really worth examination.

I should state upfront-- this isn't a criticism of the developers at all. Jake seems like a right gent as do so many of the mid and lower level folks at CIG. He clearly is following the priorities set for him from above.

It's the priorities themselves that just are so drat cynical. Prioritizing an in game Ship Salesfloor is like doubling down on the already misguided fast tracking of the Million Mile High Club.

The PTU looks like this:

And the FPS looks like this:

Yet they prioritize crap like this:

Because all they really care about is this:

The fact that Chris Roberts has the power and responsibility to prioritize the development goals, and that an In-Game Ship Showroom is a front-burner concern for not one but apparently several devs tells the backers everything they need to know about where CIG's priorities lie.

The funny thing is, it was only last week (I think it was last week) that Jake Ross said they hadn't really decided yet what the development goals would be for upcoming updates to the PTU. Then the summit in California happened. And now Jake and others have their marching orders. And it's a virtual sales floor -- with NPCS salespeople, NPC customers, and champagne apparently being handed out.

And the exciting thing is, we finally just might see some of new fruits of the Mo-Cap work with this update! It just may be that the first NPCs with robust animations and (maybe) more sophisticated player interactions besides bouncers with eye-ball tracking or bartenders who polish wood and then strike a hangdog look of embarrassment while running their hands through their hair may be Salespeople in the game, pitching players on buying more ships. Maybe the first women we finally see in game will be hottie eye candy passing out the champagne, tittering and blushing when a player walks up and presses the "USE" button.

What a sick joke it all is.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

EightAce posted:

I said grunts ...twice. I am not a grunt

I hope you get out without much trouble once things start crashing down. You have ideas for an exit plan I assume?

I read the game dev megathread on this forum and it sounds like game dev is a nightmare everywhere. I'm a software developer myself, head of a product for a small company in the UK and it's astonishing how much more relaxed writing business software is compared to games. You'd have though the games industry would be more relaxed and fun but it sounds simply brutal.

It sounds like you've climbed high enough that you're not going to be homeless once this thing implodes though so I'm glad.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 4, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
One more thing, I like how they are putting the 3 or 4 mo-cap studios to good use. Best use of resources ever.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

BeefThief posted:

The game is so clearly a base attempt to bilk idiots I love it

Next major spacejet feature will be racing. Not trade/cargo, although it's great how many people are streaming themselves pushing the vending machines around until they crash. It's so great they're going to sell the vending machines for your hangar!

Sandi is also one of the worst actresses I've ever seen in my life. After the segment with the bald guy, Ben leads it back in and SANDI READS THE LINE HE JUST READ. Good LORD.

E: Money is editing this, right? Dude, tell whoever's filming to get another take when that kind of poo poo happens. It makes the whole organization look terrible.

Sandi learn the lines.

This is a goon.

Nah that was staged, it was a very poor attempt to show how impotent it is that Sandi reads (and not learns) her lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
No loving way. No way. No. Hahahahaha a loving ship showroom is what they have been working on. Hahahahaha

Bahahahahahah

• Locked thread