Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Goobs posted:

Don't forget about the night club scene. They're putting the finishing touches on that too. I just imagine a dark room with an awkward disco ball, a FUTURISTIC jukebox playing the same lovely song on loop and a barman that just scrubs the same glass over and over again while furries cyber-bang in the corner.

Don't forget the 16(MAX) identical male characters standing motionlessly around the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Loiosh posted:

Yup, that's why I'm staying away, and will do so again after this post. Until I do that, I'm just another person saying things without actually going through with it. That experience is still one of the more unfortunate ones I've had. I haven't launched the game since that point.

CIG pretty much denies all refunds at this point unless you live somewhere that can reasonably give them trouble for it. You missed the last few helicopters out of Saigon friend.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm always so torn with e-cigarette/vaporizer/robot dildos. On the one hand, I use one and finally helped me kick my smoking habit, which is great. On the other hand I loving hate everyone I see who has one and it makes me resent myself. At least I go outside to do it though, nothing is worse than standing somewhere and some dude pulls out his giant lightsaber hilt and takes a Cheech and Chong comedy-sized bongrip off it, filling the entire room with strawberry.

It makes me hate myself a little bit less than smoking did though, so there's that.

I'll run it by him as soon as he gets out of his very important meeting with DJ Seahorse.

would pet

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Loiosh posted:

Yup, that's why I'm staying away, and will do so again after this post. Until I do that, I'm just another person saying things without actually going through with it. That experience is still one of the more unfortunate ones I've had. I haven't launched the game since that point.

Don't be ashamed man. It's not your fault you have to go through all this poo poo to get your money back from grifters. Don't blame yourself man - you're the victim here. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to bother.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I guess the showroom is the stupid thing EvilAce said was coming, since it has no purpose or even practical use, and was clearly never intended based off stretch goals and necessary to throw into the game. at this point or any

seems the next thing they're working on is to add the showroom to that terrible cart racer social module. They prioritized a place to sell more ships. Shocker

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

FrankieGoes posted:

Lmao that these people think we all play Derek's games.

Derek even made a thread for LoD on this forum and no one gives a poo poo, plays it, or posts in it. Explain that reddit.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Beet Wagon your dog rules and I like how his legs look like a muppet while he's sleeping

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

REALTALK: A ship showroom is not a big deal in and of itself since everything is first person and naturally you'd go to a place like that to buy a ship, but there is a staggering amount of content to be done for Star Citizen that it's almost insulting to hear THAT's the priority. And I swear I'm experiencing Déjà vu right now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm always so torn with e-cigarette/vaporizer/robot dildos. On the one hand, I use one and finally helped me kick my smoking habit, which is great. On the other hand I loving hate everyone I see who has one and it makes me resent myself. At least I go outside to do it though, nothing is worse than standing somewhere and some dude pulls out his giant lightsaber hilt and takes a Cheech and Chong comedy-sized bongrip off it, filling the entire room with strawberry.

It makes me hate myself a little bit less than smoking did though, so there's that.

I'll run it by him as soon as he gets out of his very important meeting with DJ Seahorse.

I understand for some people its a great thing. It helped my mother kick cigarettes as well so i think they are awesome in that sense.

But, its those fuckwit douchebags who use them in INSIDE stores/public locations/businesses etc that drive me nuts. Sorry for the rant, dealt with a co-worker who thought it was A-OK to use his marijuana-smell vape stuff inside our retail store in front of customers and staff.

Back to Star Citizen: The Scammening!

It never ceases to surprise me that the followers have put so much trust in these devs no matter how much they get poo poo on. The very idea that they are working on the Showroom for sales before the game is even loving released perturbs me to no end. They are preying on the mentally challenged and its disgusting.

I know a little bit about game development and i fully understand that animators/etc get moved to different things when they are done with their primary job but working on a god drat sales room while most of the game still isnt complete is just... I cant even comprehend the level of shitbrained crap going on in those offices.

"One of our primary blockers are animations for X, Y, and Z! Hey, get the animation team to just stop working on that poo poo, have them mocap and make a sales floor. We can offset the costs of the animation blocker by selling more jpegs."

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Decrepus posted:

Derek even made a thread for LoD on this forum and no one gives a poo poo, plays it, or posts in it. Explain that reddit.

There are other threads?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

No way on the vapes, it's about the only thing that keeps me sane where I work. Check it out though: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/03/pax-labs-juul-e-cigarette/

It's a prebuilt, functional, non-intrusive device that's about the size of a thumb drive. Not one of those bizarre dick-sticks I see people waving around.

Edit: I also make sure to use a flavor, like mint, that doesn't bother anyone. And I only use it in my office. Seems the dickhead behavior stems more from an "AHA LOOK AT ME I CAN DO THIS WHEREVER I WANT" instead of just a bit of loving common courtesy.

I love to vap some bruul on my juul.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mendrian posted:

You forgot like 4 awkwardly dancing npcs. I hope it approaches Bloodlines dancing levels.

Bloodlines had some real good music

gently caress I'd throw money at a Troika kickstarter

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

trucutru posted:

I love to vap some bruul on my juul.

maybe i'm just getting old, but what in the gently caress is this nonsense?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

blueberrysmith posted:

good marketing

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Loiosh posted:

Nice to hear from you.

You can still hang in for the food, the cocktail talk and the catte pictures.

Asking for a refund if your in deep is something we recommend because few of us beleive you will ever get your money worth out of this dumpster fire, not as a necessary sacrifice before allowing you to post.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

blueberrysmith posted:

Instead of inhaling carcinogens through a cigarette, you can now inhale fruit loop flavored carcinogens through a robot's dick.

e: it also has the added effect of letting people know you're a douchenozzle

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xanif posted:

Posting from page 1730.

Rogue system does exactly this. The cockpit has no windows and the surrounding is rendered by displays all around the cockpit.

Of course you have to be a massive sperg to play that game. I kind of like it though.

Edit: I suck at numbers

There's actual IRL loving planes that do this. But nah, can't do that in the future!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blueberrysmith posted:

I like to smoke some crème brûlée flavored nicotine juice on my Jewel e-cig.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
I got busy with work and just checked back in on the thread, and I must say, I was NOT expecting a space used car dealership.

Just when you think it can't get any more ludicrous . . .

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Midnight Voyager posted:

There's actual IRL loving planes that do this. But nah, can't do that in the future!

Not to be a douche, but name one. Simulator can KINDA do this, but I've never heard of a plane doing it

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

It might be the same process but it's not industry standard to wait 2 years before dealing with credit card fraud. There's gotta be a reason for that but like gently caress will Ben have any clue about it he's a forum moderator with a sticker on his shirt that reads "Developer"

I'd guess the reason is the only fraud is on the part of CIG. I'm not sure, but I'd guess the chargeback was done as a last resort by someone who had their legitimate refund request denied. CIG has no excuse for denying the refund in the first place, and trying to squeeze more money out of that whale comes of as extremely desperate. The worst part is he will probably pay up rather than lose some/all of his ships.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

Instead of inhaling carcinogens through a cigarette, you can now inhale fruit loop flavored carcinogens through a robot's dick.
Nicotine isn't really a carcinogen - or at worst a pretty impotent one

Being Swedish I'm a snus user of course

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

fuzzknot posted:

I got busy with work and just checked back in on the thread, and I must say, I was NOT expecting a space used car dealership.

no no no no not a used car dealership. this is some fancy car dealership or something where they serve champagne

because in star citizen, you're a somebody. see you in the 'universe, commandos o9

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not to be a douche, but name one. Simulator can KINDA do this, but I've never heard of a plane doing it

The F-35 has this tech, or will have it

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/07/magic-helmet-for-f-35-ready-for-delivery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fm5vfGW5RY&t=230s

Chalks fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 4, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Has it occurred to these people that somebody will have to be programming the interfaces and connections for the in-game cash jpg shop? This isn't like, the artists are working on this because they don't have anything else to do. This is the only stated development priority. With this, they have obviously crossed into a territory that's scummy even by AAA publisher game standards.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

F-35 with its special helmet when working as sold. Unsure how close we are to that right now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fuzzknot posted:

It really is bizarre.

It is beyond loving up rice stage at this point.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nicotine isn't really a carcinogen - or at worst a pretty impotent one

Being Swedish I'm a snus user of course

Equally as disgusting. Also that horrible liquorice,fishy salty poo poo you eat that looks like lovely candy but most definitely is not.
Worked with my many very talented Swedes by the way

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'd rather die of lung cancer with a cigarette between my fingers and still have some goddadm dignity than of whatever bullshit kills those jackasses who suck robot dick for tuti fruity flavored fart

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I hope you can take the showroom ships on a test drive so I can crash them into the show room

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BeefThief posted:

Has it occurred to these people that somebody will have to be programming the interfaces and connections for the in-game cash jpg shop? This isn't like, the artists are working on this because they don't have anything else to do. This is the only stated development priority. With this, they have obviously crossed into a territory that's scummy even by AAA publisher game standards.

Well the work can and will be used for other in-game content, storefronts and such

Content creation pace accelerates with every finished asset after all, until we reach the singularity where content creates itself

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Well I just finished reading hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.......yeah that was loving rubbish.

And this champagne and ship buying room is definitely happening? or are they *planning* to make it happen? *meaning it won't happen* ah who am I kidding? nothing ever happens....

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Totally reasonable and realistic views of the game. It's everyones' fault that the game will flop. Yup. It's simple as that.

Some sanity in there though.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Well I just finished reading hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.......yeah that was loving rubbish.

Overhyped. Have you read 'Rendezvous with Rama'? If not, pretty good hard sci-fi book.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And this champagne and ship buying room is definitely happening? or are they *planning* to make it happen? *meaning it won't happen*

It will be a janky mess just like everything else but since it is designed to suck more cash from whale wallets it will definitely be released and the payment system will work.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

BeefThief posted:

And i can tell you the sales module will work perfectly on day one. Smooth shopping experience all the time and even just visiting will spawn a few random ship brochures in your (soon to be coded in, two weeks tops) inventory.

I can even bet they will put in a system to teleport a sales rep from CIG CS team in when a concierge level backer cross the door.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'd rather die of lung cancer with a cigarette between my fingers and still have some goddadm dignity than of whatever bullshit kills those jackasses who suck robot dick for tuti fruity flavored fart

It's not Tutti Frutti. It's new radical x-treme flavors like "froot", "choko", and "churrios".

quote:

I’ve heard all the hype about Churrios, so I finally decided to try a bottle. MAN! It is so drat yummy I just bought another 2 bottles! Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn’t tried it, or has no working taste buds left. To me it’s like biting into a hot fluffy churro at Disneyworld. You get that very specific taste of freshly fried dough with powdered sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top, finished off with a nice bit of creaminess. BAM… thats churrios. Love it, love it, love it!

I really don't mind smokers but the combination of smoking (which is indeed cool) and nerdo-gadgets is pretty funny.

quote:

Gangbanged my mouth so hard I cried. I like sweet dessert juices. This juice tastes best warm. Exhale through the mouth and you get a strawberry twinky flavor. Exhale through the nose and you get more of a strawberry grahamcracker type flavor. I believe if something deserves recognition, I should give it. 10 out of 10, I would get gangbanged in the mouth again by Mother’s Milk!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Equally as disgusting. Also that horrible liquorice,fishy salty poo poo you eat that looks like lovely candy but most definitely is not.
Worked with my many very talented Swedes by the way

No matter how you spin it, snus stays in the user's mouth and bothers no one else - unless said user is an idiot and leaves used snus around

Salty liquorice is a Swedish (also Finnish) delicacy. Will ship at cost to anyone in the 'universe (you won't like it)

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

this is a good comparison as the F-35 is basically the pentagon's star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

aleksendr posted:

F-35 with its special helmet when working as sold. Unsure how close we are to that right now.

Two weeks

• Locked thread