Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nicotine isn't really a carcinogen - or at worst a pretty impotent one

Being Swedish I'm a snus user of course

See, that's alright because to me, that looks like some Elder Scrolls Skooma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

No matter how you spin it, snus stays in the user's mouth and bothers no one else - unless said user is an idiot and leaves used snus around

Salty liquorice is a Swedish (also Finnish) delicacy. Will ship at cost to anyone in the 'universe (you won't like it)

I'm guessing it's similar to Dutch zoute drop? It's good but an acquired taste (lots of people don't acquire the taste)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EightAce posted:

Equally as disgusting. Also that horrible liquorice,fishy salty poo poo you eat that looks like lovely candy but most definitely is not.
Worked with my many very talented Swedes by the way

I'm a big fan of liquorice and must have tasted over a hundred different variety, from raw roots to candies from all over the world.

I tasted british salty black liquorice once

Never again.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Whenever you see someone vaping, just give them a big thumbs up and pantomime vaping at them to let them know they're killin it

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EightAce posted:

I said grunts ...twice. I am not a grunt

Careful, man. Statements like this will get that special agent FBI hot on your tail. :ohdear:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

aleksendr posted:

I'm a big fan of liquorice and must have tasted over a hundred different variety, from raw roots to candies from all over the world.

I tasted british salty black liquorice once

Never again.

Was he sporting a baseball cap with the legend 'money's on the front

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Natron posted:

This is especially stupid when you consider that the game takes place in the distant future. I feel like in the future you could just set the cockpit right at the center of the ship and have camera arrays all over it that a pilot could switch between while using some kind of helmet. Basically like an occulus rift (which we'll have at the end of May or something) with a 360 degree camera on the outside. The pilot and crew would be protected better, and they'd have perfect sight all around the ship. What's the point of having glass on the ship at all?

It's just a lack of imagination, really.

They could have done things a la Titanfall and actually have a universe with some character, but NOOO, lovely 'metal' windows in space.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

CrazyLoon posted:

Careful, man. Statements like this will get that special agent FBI hot on your tail. :ohdear:

Some tin pot ex sheriff from the colonies has no jurisdiction here...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

cocaine dad show posted:

I'm guessing it's similar to Dutch zoute drop? It's good but an acquired taste (lots of people don't acquire the taste)

I'd imagine so, though I haven't heard of zuote and wouldn't eat anything named zoute in any case

The salty liquorice taste is from Ammonium Chloride

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

<<<USE>>> Sky Space Mall Magazine

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

:vince:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Barnsy posted:

They could have done things a la Titanfall and actually have a universe with some character, but NOOO, lovely 'metal' windows in space.

Titanfall has the most plausible form of full field viewing for sci-fi poo poo.

But then again, Titanfall wasnt made by a literal manchild Chris "I WILL SAVE PC GAMING BY PORTING TO PS4" Roberts.

Also, just made some rice, didnt fail! At least until ir ealized i have literally nothing to go with said rice except ketchup. This is gonna be.. delicious.. :(

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Does Swedish salt licorice actually taste salty? I saw Snowy Shaw eat some that was supposed to be 'the strongest licorice' and he seemed fine, but you'd think that kind of thing would dry out your mouth.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

EightAce posted:

Lol :golfclap:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Listen up all you people who clearly don't understand Game Development. The in-game cash shop will take UEC, not real money. You will be able to buy UEC with real money, and there's no trade system in the game yet so no way to increase the amount of UEC you have without real money. Furthermore,

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

darkarchon posted:

Totally reasonable and realistic views of the game. It's everyones' fault that the game will flop. Yup. It's simple as that.

Some sanity in there though.

Overhyped. Have you read 'Rendezvous with Rama'? If not, pretty good hard sci-fi book.

Nah but i'll look for it thanks.

Wafflz posted:

It will be a janky mess just like everything else but since it is designed to suck more cash from whale wallets it will definitely be released and the payment system will work.

Cig would sell fire extinguishers that shoot fire instead of foam "Foam was too expensive and you know the phrase fight fire with fire? well"....

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EightAce posted:

If i were a gay man the implication that i'm a globe trotting, jet setting cockmongler would be flattering.

But i'm a boring, married cis-white male, and sadly never got any money shot to spew out of a liquorice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

Titanfall has the most plausible form of full field viewing for sci-fi poo poo.

I'm partial to just jacking directly to your visual cortex. Cheaper and should give you a faster response time.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Whenever you see someone vaping, just give them a big thumbs up and pantomime vaping at them to let them know they're killin it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Solomonic posted:

Does Swedish salt licorice actually taste salty? I saw Snowy Shaw eat some that was supposed to be 'the strongest licorice' and he seemed fine, but you'd think that kind of thing would dry out your mouth.

It doesn't taste exactly like salt, if that's what you mean - but it does have a very distinct flavor that can't really be described any other way.

And yes, we've got some very caustic liquorice that will melt your gums :getin:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Goobs posted:

Instead of inhaling carcinogens through a cigarette, you can now inhale fruit loop flavored carcinogens through a robot's dick.

e: it also has the added effect of letting people know you're a douchenozzle

EightAce
May 10, 2015

It doesn't taste exactly like salt, if that's what you mean - but it does have a very distinct flavor that can't really be described any other way.

A genuinely appalling concoction. That leaves the surrounding Swedish contingent laughing whilst you swear and vomit.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

will we be able to vape in the 'universe?

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 4, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

How much would you want to send a sampler packet to Canada ? Do you take jpeg ?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

Listen up all you people who clearly don't understand Game Development. The in-game cash shop will take UEC, not real money. You will be able to buy UEC with real money, and there's no trade system in the game yet so no way to increase the amount of UEC you have without real money. Furthermore,

"I felt that it was important that we should make clear what are in-game items, earnable via game play. This was the whole reason of segregating these new items into the Voyager Direct store rather than the pledge store. We intend for players to be earning UEC in a limited fashion as early as the dogfighting module (say for fighting so many test battles, or winning a team battle competition) and felt Voyager Direct would be the first step in getting the basic systems in place. Ultimately you will be purchasing all these game items inside the game from in-game vendors on various planets but this won’t come online until the Planetside module. Since the web team at Turbulent had already built a store interface and the team here was already creating items to outfit the hangar and ships, it seemed like an easy option to create Voyager Direct now to allow all of you to play with and check out some of the game items as they are created rather than waiting for Planetside module to see them in engine. The concept was that people that wanted to show their support and contribute towards the development cost of the game could buy some items to play with in their hangar but by establishing the prices in game terms it would also make it clear that these items are all earnable in game. I should also point out that Voyager Direct is intended only to sell cosmetic items or basic ship items that would be available on pretty much any planet – the better items will always have to be bought by actually flying to the appropriate planet or earning the via gameplay. There is no need to buy anything from Voyager Direct – it is all OPTIONAL and should be viewed the same way that you view paying for a subscription or buying a skin. All of this will be earnable in the game, without too much time invested.

I’m very opposed to having a game where ANY of the items, outside of your initial game / ship package can be only purchased with cash. I hate the bifurcation of items in most online games, even when they are just for flair items. I want Star Citizen to allow players to earn everything they need in-game for ships, upgrades and even flair."

Croberts, sometime in august OF 2013.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13241-17-Million

paaarp

The poll on the bottom is telling as well.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

cocaine dad show posted:

Dubbel zout or nothing

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Loiosh posted:

I check in from time-to-time, but I feel it would be inappropriate to comment further until I actually go for the refund, otherwise I'm just a prap'ing person, and that's something I try to avoid. Meanwhile, I've been reading. Finished the Parasite series by Mira Grant, The Bands of Mourning and Mistborn: Secret History by Brandon Sanderson, Gyreworld by Eve Forward/someone, rereading The Expanse (that TV show is great, by the by), and currently reading City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett and Poseidon's Wake by Alastair Reynolds at the same time (alternating chapters between the books).

The last two weeks have been crazy in terms of entertainment, a novel and novella from Sanderson, the sequel to one of my favorite books ever (City of Stairs), and Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witness and Firewatch all coming out. On the SC front, I haven't seen anything that's bettered my opinion. They have such a long way to go, meanwhile, far more entertaining experiences are here to have, so I'm having them.

I also watched all of Arrow and Flash during the Christmas break and found that I really came to like Arrow by Season 3. I find The Arrow to be one of the best shows on TV by the end of that season, especially in how they handled the relationships vs how CWish the first season was (and Flash Season 1). There's nothing I dislike more than the love triangle trope and associated monogamy/jealousy drama.

You probably already read it, but if you like City of Stairs, read Perdido Street Station (and the rest of that trilogy if you like it). It's astoundingly good, is written in a similar style and has quite a few similarities (the mystery aspect and amazing world building for example). I prefer China's prose, but that's a personal taste thing I'm sure. I found Mistborn to be a little too teeny, but good nonetheless. City of blades a good followup to stairs?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

I just coughed a mouthful of tea onto my lap, and almost hit my cat with it.

Bravo :five: :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

Don't do this. I already feel like a big enough rear end in a top hat, thanks.

RE: Loiosh - We all Parp down here, commando. Parp away.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

One of the pilots in my old squadron is flying the F-35 now in Yuma, or as he puts it "Spending some time in the simulator and wondering if I'll ever see a cockpit again"

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

^ Or any poodle hybrid.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EightAce posted:

Some tin pot ex sheriff from the colonies has no jurisdiction here...

You say that but one of our governors made you guys invade Iraq and Afghanistan on a lark so I wouldn't be willing to risk it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

aleksendr posted:

How much would you want to send a sampler packet to Canada ? Do you take jpeg ?

Looks like I could send about 250g of horrible candy for 12USD shipped

CIG's policies have scared me off using jpegs as currency. Would accept Paypal or a pack of clove cigarettes in return

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ash1138 posted:

no no no no not a used car dealership. this is some fancy car dealership or something where they serve champagne

because in star citizen, you're a somebody. see you in the 'universe, commandos o9

For now. There will be a standard one with terrible coffee in Styrofoam cups next (for the nobodies).

Colostomy Bag posted:

It really is bizarre.

It is beyond loving up rice stage at this point.

Everyone seems awfully curious about that little disaster, so I'll explain a bit.

Bootcha was instant messaging me while I was at work asking how to cook rice. This is how it began:

Bootcha: it calls for 4 cups of rice
fuzzknot: that means cooked
Bootcha: So I'm going to measure out the 8-ish cups of water
fuzzknot: NO
fuzzknot: 4 cups water and 2 cups uncooked
fuzzknot: Otherwise you'll end up with a gallon of rice.
Bootcha: so I'm cutting back to 2 cups of rice?
fuzzknot: You're not cutting back; this is how you get 4 cups rice.
Bootcha: I'm . . . not following.
fuzzknot: "4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice"
fuzzknot: that means 2 cups uncooked
fuzzknot: it becomes 4 cups after it's cooked
Bootcha: so I'm using 2 cups of rice from the bag, 4 cups of water, and at the end of it, this turns into the cooking measurement of 4 cups of rice?
fuzzknot: Yes.
Bootcha: Okay.

It went downhill from there. I told him to try it in the oven so he could just leave it alone, but he wanted to do it on the stove to keep an eye on it. I then forgot to tell him to cover the pot after reducing it to a simmer, meaning it needed a lot more water added to it. Then it somehow turned out half mushy and half gritty. I would not eat it.

We're going out to eat tonight. Or at least I am.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Revelation 2-13 posted:

You probably already read it, but if you like City of Stairs, read Perdido Street Station (and the rest of that trilogy if you like it). It's astoundingly good, is written in a similar style and has quite a few similarities (the mystery aspect and amazing world building for example). I prefer China's prose, but that's a personal taste thing I'm sure. I found Mistborn to be a little too teeny, but good nonetheless. City of blades a good followup to stairs?

all of that trilogy is great, The Scar is one of my favourite books

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nice to see you're still around, Loiosh

EightAce posted:

There is an Astin martin garage very close to the office i will be watching the clientele closely .........

The development pipeline really is whatever was the most recent thing to grab Chris's attention, isn't it? He must have the attention span of a goldfish :negative:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Sandi seems like she really doesn't like Ben at all

Nobody likes Ben. gently caress you Ben.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Goobs posted:

Instead of inhaling carcinogens through a cigarette, you can now inhale fruit loop flavored carcinogens through a robot's dick.

e: it also has the added effect of letting people know you're a douchenozzle

I love idiot markers like that; it saves me from wasting time conversing with them.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

You say that but one of our governors made you guys invade Iraq and Afghanistan on a lark so I wouldn't be willing to risk it

Hell yeah! USA, USA, UEE... Er stimpire.
Booyah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

I love idiot markers like that; it saves me from wasting time conversing with them.

quote:

One of Baker’s most popular e-juices. It’s described as tasting like “grape, watermelon, a bit of sweetener and some menthol” – and that’s a pretty good description.

-Review of the "Thug Juice" flavor.

• Locked thread