Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They probably just have a Zoolander spam filter to try and keep it out of recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Gyges posted:

They probably just have a Zoolander spam filter to try and keep it out of recommendation.

I have a Lord of the Rings movie story too, where I was dating a girl, and she dumped me after watching LOTR:TT. I found out a few months later she was pregnant at the time (not mine). She ended up giving birth to a deformed baby with a flipper hand. I have it in my drafts folder and i keep hovering over send but I'm not sure.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

precision posted:

I mean, you're not wrong.

"So he's dead", pops up so much and it's always funny.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I have a Lord of the Rings movie story too, where I was dating a girl, and she dumped me after watching LOTR:TT. I found out a few months later she was pregnant at the time (not mine). She ended up giving birth to a deformed baby with a flipper hand. I have it in my drafts folder and i keep hovering over send but I'm not sure.

So did she give Gimli or Legolas the credit for killing your relationship?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Gyges posted:

So did she give Gimli or Legolas the credit for killing your relationship?

Basically yes. She was in love with Orlando Bloom. During the movie I just looked over at her and realized this was going nowhere, and I just left the theater for a couple hours. I came back near the end of the movie and sat down and she didn't even look at me. Later in front of her place she dumped me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Basically yes. She was in love with Orlando Bloom. During the movie I just looked over at her and realized this was going nowhere, and I just left the theater for a couple hours. I came back near the end of the movie and sat down and she didn't even look at me. Later in front of her place she dumped me.

So you left her in the theater during a date for a few hours?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Sir Fat Tony you lived a charmed life

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

thrawn527 posted:

So you left her in the theater during a date for a few hours?

I did yes. I went to the arcade and Babbages. When I came back with a Babbages bag she didn't even look over. She really didn't like me, and it was completely obvious. Probably because she was banging some other dude at the same time and was two months pregnant during our date.

Firstborn posted:

Sir Fat Tony you lived a charmed life

You have no idea.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Yeah send that in, I'd love to hear their reactions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What did you get at Babbage's?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

What did you get at Babbage's?

Oh man, this was Dec 2002, since it was The Two Towers . I'd gather it was a Gamecube game, Metroid Prime maybe?. I don't remember the Babbage's purchase, however I do remember going to the mall arcade and playing Marvel vs Street Fighter. That arcade didn't have a Marvel vs Capcom, the newer and superior game.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 5, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sleeveless posted:

The last version of Scooby-Doo was Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated which was basically the Venture Bros only with actual Hanna-Barbera licensing and it was rad as heck. Scoob and the gang, among other things:
-Go to an abandoned underwater Nazi base and fight Nazi robots
-fight a zombie ska band
-team up with the Blue Falcon, which is played as a Frank Miller-style vigilante.
-meet Harlan Ellison, voiced by himself. Also an H.P. Lovecraft analog voiced by Jeffrey Combs
-visit the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks, complete with Michael J. Anderson having a role
-had Patrick Warburton in a recurring role as the town sheriff. At one point he summons some Cenobites by accident after solving a puzzle cube.
-Built a Cabin In The Woods-esque mythology out of the Hanna-Barbera formula of groups of teenagers with wacky mascots solving mysteries, which led to crossovers with everything from Jabberjaw to Funky Phantom and culminated in the series villain being the predecessor to Scooby-Doo, an owl voiced by Udo Kier.

I need to watch this.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I did yes. I went to the arcade and Babbages. When I came back with a Babbages bag she didn't even look over. She really didn't like me, and it was completely obvious. Probably because she was banging some other dude at the same time and was two months pregnant during our date.

It's probably because you left her alone for several hours on a date and returned with a videogame.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't wait for them to read that email!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gyges posted:

Zoolander is amazing, but the sequel looks like a real Stay Tuned.

Don't forget to make your listener requests before time runs out! I submitted the Cenobite episode of Extreme Ghostbusters to Animation Damnation and nominated Detention (2011) for WHM proper just for the sheer :wtc: factor of it and the fact that when it was on Netflix the thread was perfectly split between people who loved it and thought it was irredeemable garbage.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I can't wait for them to read that email!
No, I can't wait for them to read that email!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Tender Bender posted:

It's probably because you left her alone for several hours on a date and returned with a videogame.

Yeah I'll give you that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tender Bender posted:

the implication is that the chicken predates the egg here and that he did this because it was a completely boring and worthless relationship. :v:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Put in my listener request. The line was surprisingly busy for 9 in the morning

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I've been wanting to see the guys go further back into film history, so I requested this 1938 turd.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

poparena posted:

I've been wanting to see the guys go further back into film history, so I requested this 1938 turd.

28 Blondie movies in the span of 6 years? Marvel's got step up their game.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Do you think Independence Day is "too good" to request? It's a really fun movie with some good moments, but there's also so much stupidity and potential for humorous riffs that I think it would fit well in the "We Love Movies" pantheon with stuff like Hard Target.

Ditto Con Air, I can't believe that one hasn't make a summer blockbuster list before.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I think they like Independence Day a little too much to do an episode on it, but I would buy an ID4-mentary in a heartbeat. It'll even be topical this summer with the movie coming out!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm going to just request they rewatch and do another episode on Blame it on Rio

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm going to just request they rewatch and do another episode on Blame it on Rio

It is a drat shame we don't get to hear Eric's view on it or Steve's opinion on Easy Rider: The Ride Back

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I still refuse to believe that Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back is a real movie that somebody made for real.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

poparena posted:

You know, I've heard 1938 was the year audiences began to realize Hollywood was making poo poo, and not caring as long as it made money.

Then Gone With The Wind, Stagecoach, and Wizard of Oz happened the next year and prevented the industry from dying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

poparena posted:

Wow, I knew Blondie was old but drat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was thinking about requesting King of Kong because, while they like the film itself, I feel like there is pleeeeeeeeenty of jokes to be made there.

e: like "I recently turned 35 and retired and now I play video games every day. I'm gonna have 10 pieces of well done bacon, 3 hard boiled eggs, and play some Donkey Kong" Hey Brian, you're supposed to write suicide notes down, not just randomly blurt them out

e2: oh Lord I never thought about it before but surely Brian Kuh and Robert Mrcziak are goons :tinfoil:

precision fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 6, 2016

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

precision posted:

I was thinking about requesting King of Kong because, while they like the film itself, I feel like there is pleeeeeeeeenty of jokes to be made there.

e: like "I recently turned 35 and retired and now I play video games every day. I'm gonna have 10 pieces of well done bacon, 3 hard boiled eggs, and play some Donkey Kong" Hey Brian, you're supposed to write suicide notes down, not just randomly blurt them out

e2: oh Lord I never thought about it before but surely Brian Kuh and Robert Mrcziak are goons :tinfoil:

Sounds like a pretty chill life to me

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I called in to request Staying Alive. I was surprised they didn't cover it already.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

Chasing Ghosts is way better in terms of sheer cringe. The dude who collects pinup art and has one scene that's like a two minute cut of him unwrapping and proudly displaying a painting of a woman fingering herself is just the most awkward thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sleeveless posted:

Chasing Ghosts is way better in terms of sheer cringe. The dude who collects pinup art and has one scene that's like a two minute cut of him unwrapping and proudly displaying a painting of a woman fingering herself is just the most awkward thing.

That part made me burst out laughing because I wasn't expecting it at all, even with what I knew about that guy up until that moment.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Yeah, that's Robert Mrcziak, and that part is some serious :stonklol:

He was the guy who "has to watch that 3 day Nibbler performance" too. Also in King of Kong he's the guy who comes up with "there's a white gummy substance on Steve's Donkey Kong board, obviously he cheated".

Like I said, no way he isn't a goon.

e: I'm halfway through Mortdecai and that is absolutely what I'm calling in because what the gently caress am I watching

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

e: I'm halfway through Mortdecai and that is absolutely what I'm calling in because what the gently caress am I watching

The best thing about Mortdecai is that it was advertised as basically Master of Disguise 2 but is somehow rated R.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Corek posted:

The best thing about Mortdecai is that it was advertised as basically Master of Disguise 2 but is somehow rated R.

It's really baffling because Depp, McGregor and Paltrow all try their damndest with the material they're given but it is such a mess of a goofball fest I can't imagine who thought it was a good idea. It's almost literally a Hudson Hawk remake.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

28 Blondie movies in the span of 6 years? Marvel's got step up their game.

TBF, they didn't have TV and the films where 70 minutes long, so they could afford to make about two or three of them a year and put them into theaters and expect to get a return on it.

Also, it's more like 12 years, since the last film ended the series in 1950.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the year of the love guru :getin:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

Yeah, that's Robert Mrcziak, and that part is some serious :stonklol:

He was the guy who "has to watch that 3 day Nibbler performance" too. Also in King of Kong he's the guy who comes up with "there's a white gummy substance on Steve's Donkey Kong board, obviously he cheated".

Like I said, no way he isn't a goon.

I think they were trying to do a modern version of a madcap 60s comedy, but hosed up by forgetting to put in jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think they were trying to do a modern version of a madcap 60s comedy, but hosed up by forgetting to put in jokes

Also, why would you want to replicate the least funny time in Hollywood history?