Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

These people are crazy :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Was he sporting a baseball cap with the legend 'money's on the front

:bravo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4432nu/money_spent_on_sc/czne85r

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Why positive number me no understand.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:notpay2win:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It's nice seeing posts like this being upvoted more on Reddit now

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

BLASPHEMY!

The foreman grill is amazing. :colbert:

the Foreman grill stinks for anything other than grilled sandwiches...
Grilled peanut butter and jelly was my go-to when I was a Halo-marathoning stoner.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Bensday with Batgirl and Ben eps 42

This is one of those interesting "read between the lines" episodes that is both boring as hell yet pregnant with interesting tidbits. At least for those here paying close attention. If you have a beer nearby, the drinking game for this video is (surprise) "Wing Commander" mentions. (Do not use a distilled spirit.)

Challenge accepted.

Not working tomorrow and i'm in a happy mood. Spirit of choice will be 15 year old Cabral Tawny port.

Annd i cant loving do it. I'm 7 minutes and a few sips in and even good port cant compensate for how boring those two are. What they talk about is a complete exercise in futility. Absolutely nothing get answered simply or clearly.

I'm going to finish my port watching the Expanse.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I'm honestly shocked I didn't get downvoted to oblivion.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Is there a word in German for being so surprised you're almost knocked on your rear end, but at the same time, you're really not surprised at all? Because that's how I feel about CIG's latest cash-grab.

Nothing works, they have no game, they've been slicing off features left and right, they've earned far more money than they have any business making, and with nothing to show for it. So here's a virtual shop so you can give us even more money.

That's where the development time is going. That, and SQ42. So two things nobody wants, but both with an eye on making more cash. This is worse than microtransactions - at least those exist in the context of a game that is playable. There is no game here.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EightAce posted:

Was he sporting a baseball cap with the legend 'money's on the front

I really served you that one on a silver platter...

I blame the Swedes and their Licorice.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Shitizens really hate being called smarties when they post anything that isn't 100% sucking CIG. It might be cheap but it's incredibly effective. :laugh:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
You assholes on p45, please STOP posting. I got sidetracked back on p1701

ktnx bye

ps: In case you missed this in my tweet this morning

quote:

mentioned a few weeks back that more Austin departures would soon be public. Lee Amarakoon, Snr VFX Artist is gone. linkedin.com/in/amarakoon

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/440epc/what_was_the_ilovecreamsoda_debacle_about/

I don't understand why these people don't simply repost the "threat assessment" as their own and then when DS threatens them with ill intent to maliciously harm they could have him arrested.

rear end-clowns and their revisionist history. And fantasy law.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

the Foreman grill stinks for anything other than grilled sandwiches...
Grilled peanut butter and jelly was my go-to when I was a Halo-marathoning stoner.

Bacon cooks just fine on one, same with burgers and a lot of other stuff.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

Shitizens really hate being called smarties when they post anything that isn't 100% sucking CIG. It might be cheap but it's incredibly effective. :laugh:

Also, saying "anyone doubting you're a goon just needs to look at your posting history" works great because it drives the target into a tizzy and no one actually bothers to check the posting history anyway.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Someone on the Hard Light forums posed a question, which is how did CIG manage to build so much hype? And more importantly, how did they sustain it for so long? It's so out of whack compared to other games, and "built-up demand for space games" doesn't really cut it as an explanation.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

D_Smart posted:

You assholes on p45, please STOP posting. I got sidetracked back on p1701

ktnx bye

ps: In case you missed this in my tweet this morning

Please send your contribution to Bootcha Goon-de-yada video. He said often that it would be his last video project concerning SC.

You are withholding closure to a man who is unable to cook rice.

Please

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Bensday with Batgirl and Ben eps 42

SHIP PIPELINE
Boring, but later, there's this part. Where Batgirl starts to ask Ben POINT BLANK for estimated completion percentages for a list of ships she wants to read to him-- and his mouth drops a bit before he steers back towards her earlier questions...

Eventually, she steers him back and asks for progress reports on 5 ships.... Each one "needs more passes", "graphics passes", "balancing passes", "another pass, someday, down the line", etc. Then he just flat out saves himself the trouble and says "basically every single one of our ships will have another pass for components, and for variant constructions in the future."

---
"TURRETS ARE NOT FUN."

Ben concedes the point. Unsurprisingly, there's a "big pass coming up on turrets!", then details some of what CIG feels is missing in the Turret gunner experience. As he describes potential plans they have to remediate this problem (and there are a couple they're considering, thus they don't really know yet...) my mind drifts once again to the Spaceship Salesfloor...

This is one of those things that really says a lot. I think Beer posted a big picture showing all of the ships lined up and had their "completion" level indicated on it. There were lots of ships, and there were a ton of them that were just in whitebox phase, and a lot in the "reworking" phase. It looked like they were around half done.

The problem is that's only the ships. Sure, ships are a big part of this, but what about all the other poo poo they have to do? There are space stations, comm arrays, satellites, landing sites, planets, and all kinds of other poo poo. I haven't heard anyone even mention them really. If they're only halfway done with the ships, the thing that they make all their money on, how far out is the rest of it? One of the whales was defending CIG about the used car lot saying that not all the artists are busy making ships, but they sure as hell could be making space ports or whatever else needs doing.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

2DCAT posted:

There are a number of U.S. distillers that use the "whisky" variant. Off the top of my head: Balcones, down in Texas always goes with that variation; Hudson Valley in NY has a new "Chancellor's Imperial Whisky", Syntax's big cat whisky (think they're CO?), Wade Lyn has a really lovely product going with the "whisky" variant now too.

I've got a bottle of Balcones Baby Blue sitting on my shelf. Pretty good stuff. Quite a few different whiskey places down here anymore, and still growing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Omi-Polari posted:

Someone on the Hard Light forums posed a question, which is how did CIG manage to build so much hype? And more importantly, how did they sustain it for so long? It's so out of whack compared to other games, and "built-up demand for space games" doesn't really cut it as an explanation.

Other games don't promise you can be an nurse, a farmer, an insurance investigator or anything you could dream off.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Natron posted:

This is one of those things that really says a lot. I think Beer posted a big picture showing all of the ships lined up and had their "completion" level indicated on it. There were lots of ships, and there were a ton of them that were just in whitebox phase, and a lot in the "reworking" phase. It looked like they were around half done.

The problem is that's only the ships. Sure, ships are a big part of this, but what about all the other poo poo they have to do? There are space stations, comm arrays, satellites, landing sites, planets, and all kinds of other poo poo. I haven't heard anyone even mention them really. If they're only halfway done with the ships, the thing that they make all their money on, how far out is the rest of it? One of the whales was defending CIG about the used car lot saying that not all the artists are busy making ships, but they sure as hell could be making space ports or whatever else needs doing.

What's the point of making space stations, comm arrays, satellites, landing sites, planets, and all kinds of other poo poo if you don't have the ships to fly there? Will you really begrudge some poor sap the Banu Merchantman he's been waiting for years?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

EightAce posted:

You won't believe what they are working on now...

I'm pretty sure I would. I just watched ATV, where a guy is working on the Cutlass LODs, when last I heard the Cutlass was being redone.
Its one thing to to remake a ship 7 times, but to make a ship and go through a whole bunch of other processes 7 times is another story.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Sandi seems like she really doesn't like Ben at all

Alice will never like Eve. But Eve loved Bob first.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Natron posted:

The best part is that they have yet to complete a single ship that has a different role than "go there and kill thing" or any of the real big (Orion, Reclaimer, Idris) one. No ship with any of the mini games, be it research or drink mixing has yet to come out. Not even a dedicated cargo hauler.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Natron posted:

When you think about what they do have, it's not very much at all, even if you buy into the narrative that they've only been at it for 2 years. They have:

- A single spaceman model
- A handful of ships with inaccurate physics
- One space station
- A couple of copy/pasted comm arrays where you can push a button
- A couple of guns that don't work properly

...and that's it. Pretty loving anemic if you ask me. And all of the above exists with no persistence, no economy, no player inventory, no storyline, and no purpose. And it's bugged to holy hell and back. I know Derek tosses around the statistic that they're not even 10% done or some such, I say they're not even 1% of the way. People are trying to frame it as them building the foundation, and that once it's solid, it's just a matter of bolting on all the assets, but that's a bunch of poo poo. This is not a foundation - it's an attempt to build an engine. A failed attempt. If they scrapped everything they've done and started over completely, throwing out the "immersion" factor and just deciding to have loading screens and a different engine, they'd be closer to a completed product than they are today. I don't think I've ever seen a game as mismanaged as this one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9iN_g3o3rM

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Soo much easier to catch up on this when I only fall 900 posts behind. Sucks for Derek being 40 odd pages back now.

:gary::parrot::yarg:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :smith:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

When you think about what they do have, it's not very much at all, even if you buy into the narrative that they've only been at it for 2 years. They have:

- A single spaceman model
- A handful of ships with inaccurate physics
- One space station
- A couple of copy/pasted comm arrays where you can push a button
- A couple of guns that don't work properly

...and that's it. Pretty loving anemic if you ask me. And all of the above exists with no persistence, no economy, no player inventory, no storyline, and no purpose. And it's bugged to holy hell and back. I know Derek tosses around the statistic that they're not even 10% done or some such, I say they're not even 1% of the way. People are trying to frame it as them building the foundation, and that once it's solid, it's just a matter of bolting on all the assets, but that's a bunch of poo poo. This is not a foundation - it's an attempt to build an engine. A failed attempt. If they scrapped everything they've done and started over completely, throwing out the "immersion" factor and just deciding to have loading screens and a different engine, they'd be closer to a completed product than they are today. I don't think I've ever seen a game as mismanaged as this one.

Im blitzed off my rear end drinking champagne at the car dealership. See ya in the verse.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :smith:

I am getting fed up of this now and it is all my fault and I never learn

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Up $1000 :toot:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

:australia::hf::smith:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Eonwe posted:

Up $1000 :toot:

Almost to an Idris...keep betting son.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011
In case anyone in here has E:D but not Horizons, picking up Horizons before tomorrow gets a golden Asp skin and access to the Cobra MK IV

aleksendr posted:

The best part is that they have yet to complete a single ship that has a different role than "go there and kill thing" or any of the real big (Orion, Reclaimer, Idris) one. No ship with any of the mini games, be it research or drink mixing has yet to come out. Not even a dedicated cargo hauler.

How do we know they haven't completed them 4 or 5 times by now?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Wulfling posted:

I've got a bottle of Balcones Baby Blue sitting on my shelf. Pretty good stuff. Quite a few different whiskey places down here anymore, and still growing.

Both baby blue and true blue are really good. Garrison Brothers keeps putting out some really good stuff too, especially the cowboy bourbon. I've been really impressed with the Texas whiskeys as of late... They're like the new Colorado!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I'll pull it down and sort it out tomorrow, a plan b is required

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

You must have forgot to include "I don't own the video or the music" in the description.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Your videos always bring a smile just before heading to sleep.

Question : Do you play for like 2 hours and only give us the best part or do you only have to log in for 15mins and already have enough material ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

:pgabz: no, dancing cat stick with plan a! this is why there are proxy sites, to get around things like this! :pgabz:

edit: like this one i just found http://www.unblockyoutube.co.uk/

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 5, 2016

• Locked thread