Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Samizdata posted:

Seriously? Oatmeal? Boil water, add to oatmeal. Stir.

$120 to save me that work?

Seriously? You have that much money to throw away on useless stuff, you need to become a backer. Seriously.

He's talking about steel-cut oats cooked to perfection.

I have a Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 and it's honestly my most-used appliance. I have had it for over three years, and I use it at least 6 times/week, and it still makes absolutely perfect rice, to any consistency I want. The convenience of being able to set a timer and come home to the best rice I have ever eaten makes it more than a worthwhile purchase.

Fuzzknot, you keep saying that a Corningware dish would be versatile. Japanese rice cookers are versatile. Rice, porridge, vegetables, oats, rice puddings... the list goes on an on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007J5U7?keywords=zojirushi&qid=1454685418&ref_=sr_1_20&s=kitchen&sr=1-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

darkarchon posted:

I checked, and the first step is to try to do a resolution with the seller, in this case, Twin Bros GmbH. Guess what, I bet it gets denied there as well. Not sure if I should try it or not. It's only 44€ but still.

What's the contact info for twin bros? Isn't that ortwins company?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Wait. What?
Why? How?

I'm confused. How is that an insult?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Wait. What?
Why? How?

i wonder if he's intending to imply a wish for sexual congress with the beer god on our parts

and, i mean, yes, but he's implying shame in that

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

darkarchon posted:

I checked, and the first step is to try to do a resolution with the seller, in this case, Twin Bros GmbH. Guess what, I bet it gets denied there as well. Not sure if I should try it or not. It's only 44€ but still.

I don't know how all that EU stuff works, but you should report them to whatever consumer group is applicable for denying your refund (and being extra scummy about it).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

darkarchon posted:

:smuggo:

quote:

Hi rootdarkarchon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am very sorry you felt the need to perform a chargeback, however chargebacks should only ever be used for cases of genuine fraud, where you have had no recollection of making the payment yourself. Using a chargeback as a means to gain a refund is a misuse of the system, and damages both us, and your own ability to use the payment provider in the future. Unfortunately if you decide to do this, I will have to take a note of this down to provide the information to Paypal.

I apologise that we cannot offer you a refund, however as stated by my colleagues before you are outside of the 14 day grace period and are not eligible for one. If you require any further assistance please let us know, thanks.

Best Regards

Amy
Billing Support Representative
Cloud Imperium Games

So SA, see this, what do?

I took a stab at it:

quote:

Hi Amy,

I have pursued all reasonable means of coordinating with you in the resolution of this dispute. Clearly those reasonable means have been exhausted. I firmly expect PayPal to review all of the evidence and find your company at fault for both failing to deliver a product and also drastically altering the nature of that product from what was purchased.

1. The original release date for the product was November 2014, with a 365 day grace period as specified in your terms of service. That grace period has now been exhausted, and rather than acknowledge that your company has simply changed the terms of service to give you more time.
2. Your company has refused to provide a new date for the expected delivery of your product.
3. The product that you intend to deliver is not what was originally marketed. Most notably several key features originally marketed have been removed from release, including drop-in drop-out co-operative play from Squadron 42 and private servers. There is also some question as to whether or not Virtual Reality support, another cornerstone feature promoted from the beginning, will be available at release (or even properly supported).
4. What you have delivered is not a substantial portion of the product. Your own community managed, Jared Huckabee, is on record (https://t.co/jm2Uun5aRs) stating that what has been provided is not even an alpha by industry standards.
5. Your refund policy is arbitrary and inconsistent. There are numerous examples of your company providing refunds to many backers who request them. In fact there is an example of your company refunding an individual who did not request one (http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Email-to-Derek-Smart-from-RSI-700x350.jpg), and another example of your company offering a refund before the individual even requested it (http://i.imgur.com/ZWFeWdx.png).

Enjoy your day.

- rootdarkarchon

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Wait. What?
Why? How?

beer4thebeergod, the evil traitor holding up crobbers perfect vision of the bdsse! only he and his legion of filthy alcoholic beer-loving goons stand in the way of progress!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'm not sure why I did this

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Because it's the lord's work.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SelenicMartian posted:

Jar Jar knows...

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Solarin posted:

I'm so sorry I couldn't stop myself

Hahahahaha, dying.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

you need ben

They said "fetch" not "fetch a dozen pizzas and stick you with the bill"...

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I took a stab at it:

That's very good. Although it's too late and they are denying my refund completely and won't answer any further questions to it, citing the 14 days grace period.

ether
May 20, 2001

A ship-showroom you say, not unlike another shipsalesman with fast-moving hands. At least both have products that are on par with each other.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I took a stab at it:
That's perfect

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Oh man. If they used some of your stuff, you really should consider issuing a DMCA takedown notice on their video.

The map I linked is straight from the data extracted from that data dump Agent Disco provided. The best part? As far as I can tell the only thing CIG did was swap around which systems were connected via jump point when they released their big map on the web.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

darkarchon posted:

That's very good. Although it's too late and they are denying my refund completely and won't answer any further questions to it, citing the 14 days grace period.

That's fine. Use the information I provided as part of your chargeback dispute.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

what was the thread

T'was no thread, was the CIG stream where I got banned for asking if a guy was Gary Oldman then made a new account, came on and proclaimed that I could only jerk off while listening to other peoples voices live on Twitch and never got banned for it. I was then 24 hour banned on all my accounts because the account I asked if someone was Gary Oldman on was reported by the CIG moderators.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Yolomon Wayne posted:

someone check if hes banned,
if so the lowtax refugee policy should kick in

He did call Lowtax a loser afterwards though for reading Warcraft Comics apparently.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I wonder how long before CIG turns this into a full blown MLM scheme.

That's the next logical progression. Get money for recruiting more backers and get a portion of what they recruit as well.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Goobs posted:

T'was no thread, was the CIG stream where I got banned for asking if a guy was Gary Oldman then made a new account, came on and proclaimed that I could only jerk off while listening to other peoples voices live on Twitch and never got banned for it. I was then 24 hour banned on all my accounts because the account I asked if someone was Gary Oldman on was reported by the CIG moderators.

I don't see why you'd be banned. You didn't even mention Hitler.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Same but I also hosed his mom.

No reason to brag. So did I and so has pretty much at least half the planet.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

What's the contact info for twin bros? Isn't that ortwins company?

Yeah that's Ortwins & if i remember correctly didn't our lord and savior D_Smart want people to e-mail him if there refunds were from Twin Bros.... ?

WebDog posted:

Now to explain Twin Bros. GMBH, this appears to be who the PayPal account has registered with. So you're getting emails from Ortwin because PayPal disputes are arriving in his inbox.
I wonder if there's a difference if you're an early backer or a later backer to which Pay Pal account account name you got.

Soas it stands Ortwin sits across several companies as President/Director/Shareholder and seems to be the man with the actual money that he dishes out to all of the other companies as a private VC and secure other backers.
No doubt performing accounting miracles to keep something in the bank and stop this from going under.

Roberts could also unwittingly be making Ortwin a lot of money under the pretense that Ortwin is arranging for him to have the backing for the game company of his dreams. Much like how he had facilitated Roberts dream of being a movie mogul.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's fine. Use the information I provided as part of your chargeback dispute.

Done and done. Paypal dispute has been started.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

darkarchon posted:

Good luck, Commando.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Warcabbit posted:

Yer in Texas, Fuzz, you know both are perfectly possible. Have some barrel-cooked strip-steak?

There's a rumor that Ted Cruz cooked bacon with a machine gun, which I doubt is true. It's not like I think he's not that insane, it's just that you'd wind up with bacon bits and massive amounts of carnage.

My aunt had a book on how to cook roadkill with your car. I'm NOT doing that.

D1E posted:

Fuzzknot, you keep saying that a Corningware dish would be versatile. Japanese rice cookers are versatile. Rice, porridge, vegetables, oats, rice puddings... the list goes on an on.

But not in the oven or fridge.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

Make sure to tell Paypal you offered to send the ships back in unchanged condition

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good luck, Commando.

Thanks. Interestingly there are no 'open cases' in my conflict dispute resolution part in my account although I just filed it… oh well, let's see and wait.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hmm…

Does anyone have (or could anyone be bothered to figure out) some reliable sources for the development costs and receptions on release of the games the Citizens like to compare SC to? I'm thinking about including those in my chart just to put the time and results into perspective, but costs in particular seem hard to come by since the companies like to hide those.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

ether posted:

A ship-showroom you say, not unlike another shipsalesman with fast-moving hands. At least both have products that are on par with each other.

Check out these leaks of what CIG has been working on!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

darkarchon posted:

May the force be with you. :cheerdoge:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

fuzzknot posted:

There's a rumor that Ted Cruz cooked bacon with a machine gun, which I doubt is true. It's not like I think he's not that insane, it's just that you'd wind up with bacon bits and massive amounts of carnage.

Surely he didn't shoot the bacon. The sensible method would be to lay the bacon over the barrel and then fire on full auto so it heats up.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

fuzzknot posted:

It's possible, we tried it with the C6 when I was still a Combat Engineer with the Canadian Army. You fire full auto until the barrel glows red then place the strips length wise down the barrel. We also used to heat up our mre's by hanging them off the back of a tank and letting the exhaust do the work.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So I had an interesting conversation with a coworker yesterday. We're a small company that does white collar PI work, mostly vetting resumes and social media poo poo for companies looking to hire, a little insurance investigation. He's been doing this sort of thing for a few banks since the mid 90s and he told me that there's a really good way to gently caress over shady businesses. When they fight you on chargebacks, complaints and unauthorized charges you call both the bank and the card company (like if it's an Amazon card, you call chase and Visa) and show them what laws are being broken and what part of their sales terminal agreements are in violation. If they look it over and decide it's bad enough, they can actually shut down the offending company's credit card terminals until they comply with the demands and investigation.

He says it's mostly used against gas stations and restaurants that require a purchase of X amount to use your card, which is strictly forbidden in every single terms of use contract available, but it also has been succesfully used against super belligerent businesses who are actively participating in scams

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Romes128 posted:

Wow so cig blatantly lied about the use of chargebacks in that email, as well as threatened to tell PayPal on you (lol) in hopes you'd back down.

What's that thing in the back, a film projector? Is it some RH merch, too?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

blueberrysmith posted:

This is a fully featured game with animations that aren't clipping through everything and take under 2 seconds to complete. So really this would never pass muster in the Croberts Fidelity Test of Spaceships

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Hmm…

Does anyone have (or could anyone be bothered to figure out) some reliable sources for the development costs and receptions on release of the games the Citizens like to compare SC to? I'm thinking about including those in my chart just to put the time and results into perspective, but costs in particular seem hard to come by since the companies like to hide those.

I'm interested in their operating expenses

Like, their server instances can handle 16 accounts atm. Like with 10,000 commandos in-"game", this would require 625 instances. is there any way to figure out what this would cost them?

If they got something legitimately playable out, they'd have to handle at least ten times that

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
I think i'm on to something...
Chris roberst keeps on hammering the fidelity... what if...

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

blueberrysmith posted:

Welp :shepspends: see you guys in the verse commandoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

I can make a game where you have to press 100 buttons to start your ship but it really doesn't mean anything because you're not simulating anything real.

:goonsay:

• Locked thread