Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Oh, one more thing: could you all add your max/current Luck to your headers too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I'm still okay with our characters discovering this stuff and reacting to it!

EDIT: I hope everyone is enjoying storytime with Agerios. He can tell you about how democracy is the downfall of a society, too!

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 25, 2016

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
So, I get a brain load of that merchant & caste memory from having picked up his armor?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I want to use CON for my defy danger roll here but I'd really rather have a shield to do it with than tank the bolts with my poor unarmored torso.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

StringOfLetters posted:

So, I get a brain load of that merchant & caste memory from having picked up his armor?

I think that was the implication, yes. Or rather, When I asked you if you recalled any memories, you 'beamed' that memory to me? So it could go either way.

Gosh, a trap master would come in useful about now!

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 25, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

No cross party memory beaming, just conversationally came up.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm ok with rock falling on Dom. He's strong, he'll catch it! (Or try to, anyway.)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Do I have my signature spear and my armor back if I touched the icons Odessa left for me? And just to be sure, the offer for 50 souls in return for a set of armor still stands? I'm thinking about dropping the armor for Odessa again when I find enough souls to take you up on that offer, unless retrieving the items from Odessa voided it. In that case Agerios will feel silly.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

You get your signature weapon and armor back when you touch the icons.

Anyone can replicate any other's item for their market value. We'll say all you need to do is be in hand range of any consenting person from whom you want to learn manifestations.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Ah, that's cool. Fantastic, thanks!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

There's a slight time paradox, as Dom's weight was part of the trap trigger and he was also in the line of fire. What does he do? He has all his equipment.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Deltasquid: wasn't sure if the silverblooded are all warriors too. If so, think I'll change the laughter of the harpies' to that of a foreigner.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
The Polis doesn't 100% parellel Plato's republic but it's close enough. Bronzeborn are military auxiliaries (like those of silver souls in The Republic, if I remember correctly), Silverborn are the 'real' warriors (like the Gold souls in the Republic) and the Gold souls in the Polis are Philosophers (and maybe later Philosopher-Kings) though they were also gold in The Republic.

But yeah, I added an extra tier for the Polis so I could put Agerios one step lower on the caste system. I split the gold souls into two different castes and bumped every one else down a notch. In the Polis, silverborn are professional warriors.

If you wanted to go for "shrill aristocratic lady laugh" then either foreigner or rich casteless (since they're the only ones allowed to touch money, though they could certainly have a lot of it) would fit best in Agerios' experience.

EDIT: yeah that's good.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 30, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I'll go with Producers of fine art then. Edited.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

PS: I will be noting the Soul Bank, because everyone cashes in on all of it when you all reach a milestone. No matter who fails, everyone profits eventually. Take a look at the "Aid or Interfere" move for some ideas on how to exploit this.

The milestone XP and, more importantly, bond resolution XP are not multiplied by the number of players in the game. They are gained when everyone reaches or resolves one, respectively, as a group.

Everyone gets the total number of souls in the Soul Bank, no division, when a milestone is reached. Souls have to be spent at a bonfire or NPC to do anything.

10 souls added to the bank no matter whose failure, 10 souls added when everyone has resolved one bond, 10 souls added when everyone reaches a milestone together (last should never be a problem).

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Thanks for reminding me about that other addition to the soul bank. I'm always relieved to be corrected because I hate finding out myself that I've hosed up.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Delta: roll damage, these flies are defending themselves now.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Fixed it. I assume this is the damage I dealt to the flies hanging on my body, right? The ones I (hopefully) crushed with my bare hands like a true Olympic Champion? :v:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah two of them are dead for sure. The Temple is some distance away though.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
If anyone takes a significant amount of damage now, just yell for Agerios and I'll use my 1 hold to half the damage coming your way.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

The Other Thread posted:

The vision ends, and you know the grisly death that awaits Dominik and Odessa. What do you do?

I'm not clear on what this means. Mikaela just hero'd us out of having to decide who gets squished, right? Or does this just mean some of the many other ways in which we're probably going to die?

If I misunderstood and we still need a tribute, I'll volunteer.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 31, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

The grisly death was more a general "if anyone falls on the ground and the beetle gets over them they are superdead," but in addition to that there is also one more beetle to contend with. Mikaela flipped the immediate threat: the one that at the torch and was turning around to eat you. That one is dead. But the other one is still charging Agerios to eat the two flies he killed. That one will also want to eat you after them, and possibly him if he fucks up his DD against the charge. I was gonna wait until Agerios dealt with it, but I probably should have clarified/brought it up then.

There's still going to be someone closer to that other beetle, so you can still volunteer for that, since Dominik and Odessa have equal luck. Once anything falls the beetle queues it up in the "things to eat" because it loves souls and killing things that are having trouble staying upright. Like a fat fly, even if it tries to flutter away the beetle will chase it.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 31, 2016

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I'll make us all rich. :suicide:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Delta: looking around for a second isn't enough to trigger DR.

quote:

To discern realities you must closely observe your target. That usually means interacting with it or watching someone else do the same. You can’t just stick your head in the doorway and discern realities about a room. You’re not merely scanning for clues—you have to look under and around things, tap the walls, and check for weird dust patterns on the bookshelves. That sort of thing.

Also there's still a beetle charging Agerios to get the flies he crushed.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yeah, I figured. I didn't realize there's a beetle still! Let's deal with that.

EDIT: make it rain!

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 31, 2016

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
If there isn't a body for me to lay my hands on, how do I revive (or try to) Odessa? Just kind of lay my hands in the air?

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Finally found an image that looks like my character.

If I get re-formed, can I take a toke from the bad mystic vessel to finally get spells? Or will that need a proper Recovery, since the wording was 'restore spent spells.'

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

If there isn't a body for me to lay my hands on, how do I revive (or try to) Odessa? Just kind of lay my hands in the air?
There's a faint trace of Odessa where she was destroyed that you couldn't see from your point of view. Actual Odessa is floating around in spectator mode.

I doubt you guys were going to take long to revive her, but if she desires she can instead leave spectator mode, return to the Nexus and antagonize/kill NPCs while the rest of you continue to fart around, or return to the land she was just destroyed at in a weakened state until she got to where she died and reconstituted herself, or she could enter another land at full power to explore.

If she decides to explore her own land, as the Human leader she'd be able to Backtrack, to maybe get a Second Chance instead of just getting destroyed, and to traverse Mist Gates.

In fact, since she has no Souls, there is no real risk to going to her own Land. Nothing to lose there, whereas as a lone Spectre exploring other lands, if if she died there they wouldn't be at 'full power' the next time she went there.

Either way, going on a little solo mission is also a great way to keep stacking the soul bank. At this rate you guys are going to level up twice after one milestone.

StringOfLetters posted:

If I get re-formed, can I take a toke from the bad mystic vessel to finally get spells? Or will that need a proper Recovery, since the wording was 'restore spent spells.'
I meant for you to start out with spells, whoops. The power was within you all along!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Sorry for the holdup. I normally like to keep my posting up but I came down with a case of being down.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
No probs. So I'm supposed to take the 8 damage I healed off Odessa while bringing her back here, right? Just checking to make sure.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, it transfers the damage: no reduction from anything applies.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Discern Realities - roll on IRC was 2d6=11. The question Mikaela wants answered, since she hasn't read the DW rulebook, is 'How do we get past the trees?'. Not sure which if any of the questions on the standard list best translates, let me know if I need to ask a different question altogether.

http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/moves#TOC-Discern-Realities

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

StringOfLetters posted:

While I'm holding the story stick - and stop me if I overstep - I don't think it's much of a leap to assume Mikaela will notice she's alone, usher the group to catch up to her, and briefly fill everybody in on what she's noticed about the trees.
She's about to be messed with by harpies, so not quite.

Each player should focus on what their own character does: I'm guessing Odessa's action would be something like telling everyone to follow her and following Mikaela. That gives Bacon more to work with and doesn't step on their toes.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

You don't have to end your turn just because that's when everyone else shows up. It seems courteous but imo it just gives people less to work with. Keep being proactive or bad stuff, like harpies will catch up to you. So, did you mean to ignore them and focus completely on poisoning the tree? Or were you trying to poison the tree and get away before the harpies got you and/or dodge them? The latter would be Defy Danger (Dexterity) to "act fast or get out of the way."

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Yeah girl, do your knife thing, I got your back.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

delta did you want to try busting the beetle open or should we just go fight harpies?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I'll post when home but let's go after the harpies!

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Sorry, all, but I think it is best if I drop from the game. I apped at a point when (as it turned out) work was in a lull; nowadays when I arrive home I have no brain to focus on roleplaying. Best of luck to everyone.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been following this game and am interested in subbing in. Where should I head on IRC to do some chargen rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

#castersupremacy

• Locked thread