Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

runsamok posted:

Evidently if you have a bed you can log out away from ports of call. If you don't have a bed once you disconnect they turn your real-world-money ship into an AI entity & have it pilot to the closest safe landing zone. Hijinks may ensue whilst your ship is still in-verse but you are not.

Does the AI have a chance to crash to desktop too

Page 1767 catte: https://gfycat.com/RipeImpishDarwinsfox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

ShredsYouSay posted:

"I would buy a Gary Oldman airhorn!"

That lasted all of 2 seconds before I got banned...lol

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

runsamok posted:

Evidently if you have a bed you can log out away from ports of call. If you don't have a bed once you disconnect they turn your real-world-money ship into an AI entity & have it pilot to the closest safe landing zone. Hijinks may ensue whilst your ship is still in-verse but you are not.

lmfao is there a source for this? lol just lol at the idea that the default plan is to have AI takeover, which is somehow easier than the stretch goal of removing the ship from space on logout.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Agrajag posted:

only if he proves that he isn't Ben "the fats" Lesnick
Maybe is Eights Aces is Ben's wife?
I mean think about it... Ace hates Sandi... Females are immuum to females...
Maybe's she's spilling the beans because she's pist how Ben is falling for CR's crap and Sandi for that matter while ignoring his marriage?

Yup i'm convinced.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mendrian posted:

I love it when they refer to this money as a donation. Seriously they're like magicians over there. Sometimes they're a multi million dollar game company that needs top of the line gear and sometimes they're a boostraps charity lol

I'm pretty certain that the language on their site, EULA, and TOS, all refer to them as purchases. Which makes it funnier they claim they're donations etc. given that they themselves are calling them purchases in their legal language.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Hmmm...

Every one of those days is a net loss for CIG. A (very) rough estimate would have their burn rate require around $100K per day to stay even.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Has Sandi killed yet?

Not yet, but she will. It takes time to drain the hope and life out of all 300+ CIG employees without them getting suspicious.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every one of those days is a net loss for CIG. A (very) rough estimate would have their burn rate require around $100K per day to stay even.

No worries, they announced new concept ships coming soon!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

AugmentedVision posted:

lmfao is there a source for this? lol just lol at the idea that the default plan is to have AI takeover, which is somehow easier than the stretch goal of removing the ship from space on logout.

quote:

Q. What happens on a disconnect or rage quit? Do I lose a life?

When you disconnect (or otherwise quit in flight) the server attempts to take you to “auto pilot”. If you’re in a space instance (i.e. not already in warp/ auto pilot) and close enough to a hostile the server will attempt to gain enough separation to enter auto pilot. If it’s successful the server will then place your ship back on the planet you last landed on. If not, and you haven’t managed to reconnect to your AI controlled ship before the hostile destroys your ship it is assumed you ejected successfully and will be returned to the last planet you landed on. If you have insurance will have a new hull waiting for you. We will monitor player’s disconnects and if we feel like you are “gaming” the system we may enact a “death” penalty on you and decrease your internal life count.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The game has lives? do you insert another quarter ten thousand dollars when you run out?

Also none of that bullshit will ever happen.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Daztek posted:

No worries, they announced new concept ships coming soon!

Now available only in-game at Astro Armada: The RSI Firetruck3000. Because space is full of fire. And evidently oxygen.

(Guess that's why the helmets seem optional in Crusader?)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

15 goons in auroras all disconnect at the same time, instance crashes due to increased AI load

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol a half-blind manchild is better at delivering lines than sandi gardiner with all her "training"

also xcom 2 is a fukken good game with spaceships and aliens and the shotguns notably do not cause crashes

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Ok, is it just me or doe Hibernation Mode sound like a standard feature any open world video game should have? Either Crobberts really hasn't seen a video game in the last 15 years or they're just stupid.

How can CIG use your computer to remotely mine Buttcoins if you are able to conveniently save your progress and close down SC any time you like?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Happy Sisyphus posted:

someone make an 'Eight's Aces' gang tag

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Daztek posted:

I vote EightAce for new Internet Warlord

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wish I would have stayed up later last night to buy and start the XCom 2 download. Now I need to do that when I get home, wasting precious gaming time.

That's my Star Citizen story.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I wish I would have stayed up later last night to buy and start the XCom 2 download. Now I need to do that when I get home, wasting precious gaming time.

That's my Star Citizen story.

What's the download size? 30GB?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Colostomy Bag posted:

About that. Mine just finished this morning.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Colostomy Bag posted:

Something like that. Still smaller than a Star Citizen patch.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Can't wait for the 10 part netflix documentary/expose Making A JPEG

Steve Avery is innocent and I write to him in jail all the time and we're going to get married someday.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Why does everybody call it an MMO, it won't be an MMO. There will be a live support staff to respond to tickets and griefers and monitor individual deaths for insurance fraud, but you see

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

c2usaf2004 posted:

Anyone see this?!?

Info before the change of link status I'm spoiling you lot....

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

runsamok posted:

Speaking of stretch goals & documentary films, wonder how the $14M stretch goal is coming along.

How do you turn a 4 year long slow motion trainwreck into a feature length documentary? Shouldn't they be getting Ken Burns on the case? 18 hours of jpegs sliding across the screen with a voice over is what this glorious event deserves.

I'd put money on them claiming that RTV/ATV/10ftc fit that criteria. They're all "professional quality" after all, and there's definitely hours of content!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mendrian posted:

Why does everybody call it an MMO, it won't be an MMO. There will be a live support staff to respond to tickets and griefers and monitor individual deaths for insurance fraud, but you see

Don't you know 16 players is massive?

Some ships will need 5 instances to crew! So massive!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

Info before the change of link status I'm spoiling you lot....

For those who wish to see the page in its naked flesh https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317154

Now is your chance.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

For those who wish to see the page in its naked flesh https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317154

Now is your chance.

Patrick posted:

Thanks, Chris and Erin for making Star Citizen real.
Ok, that HAS to be a joke.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

^^ I think it was a snipe at Sandi with the lack of mention.

Yeah, that thread won't be open for long.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 5, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

fuctifino posted:

^^ I think it was a snipe at Sandi with the lack of mention.

drat EightAce, you're gonna need to start writing some missives so you get the respect you deserve.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
MMO goons still have star citizen beat for drama

Did I tell you guys I was asked to be a MMO HMO mod? I thought better of it tho

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yay Cobblers is posting here?
I really liked that dudes posts on the brown sea :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Yay Cobblers is posting here?
I really liked that dudes posts on the brown sea :toot:

:same:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm afraid I skipped a few pages, but I know it's already been referenced.

If anyone hasn't seen EP 1: of Versebusters, Ben and Sandi's new show, you have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9dEVNhqrk

I thought this was satire at first, and had to double check it was the official channel.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are all these shows just to pad Sandi's resume, and Ben's in them because he's on payroll with nothing better to do?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

If anyone hasn't seen EP 1: of Versebusters, Ben and Sandi's new show, you have to.

I thought this was satire at first, and had to double check it was the official channel.

:laugh:

Open development

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are all these shows just to pad Sandi's resume, and Ben's in them because he's on payroll with nothing better to do?

Yeah.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Why is she still looking at her paper every 3 words

in a prerecorded video

that has been edited

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Sandi should dedicate more of her time to running Team Sandi imo, we could both do some great activities if she put more work into the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

"Comments are disabled for this video."

You finally learned....you finally learned....

• Locked thread