Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Has that been 100% proven? Please tell me it has, I want to believe that there's a checklist on some whiteboard and none of it has been rubbed off for 3 years including :
Goons, deal with them

Sandi e-mailed that one journalist dude screenshots of his posts ITT lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PlaneGuy posted:

star citizen

:drat:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Kakarot posted:

I just laughed at this catte pic:

That's no cat, that's the Midgard Serpent!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Whoa. New procedurally-generated gameplay footage shows combat in a canyon! NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Oh wait. That's a concept video? For an upcoming sale, maybe? So it's not actually representative of anything you'll be adding to the game in the near future?

Not cool, guys. Not cool.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I just thought you guys should know that our friend zecumbe has upgraded the "gently caress Off Goonie" thing:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

PlaneGuy posted:

star citizen
:holymoley:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol zecumbe and wesha are going to be amazing to follow as star citizen fails

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

Whoa. New procedurally-generated gameplay footage shows combat in a canyon! NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Oh wait. That's a concept video? For an upcoming sale, maybe? So it's not actually representative of anything you'll be adding to the game in the near future?

Indisputable proof that the game is farther along than we all think and that everything runs in REAL-TIME. :qqsay:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh its fremdschamen

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

what's that German word where you feel embarrassed for someone on their behalf

Starts with an s

Fremdschämen. The s-word you're thinking of is schadenfreude, which means "happiness at the misery of others".

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
German has a lot of words for miserable things. Really makes u think...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Their suicide notes will be required reading for school children in the stimpire.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Star Citizen: Be happy we get anything

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AugmentedVision posted:

Yeah I mean for a people with such a a rich and happy history I'm kinda surprised

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

Star Citizen: Be happy we get anything

Next will be someone taking a picture of sandi taking a picture of a devs computer with the caption "new content soon!"

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

G0RF posted:

Well, they gotta get SOMETHING on sale soon. They've not been selling at least one limited ship for days now. The free fly isn't generating enough revenue to keep them revenue positive. The Reliant (ship in the foreground) is due to hit the hangars soonish so they need a new banner image to go with that announcement & associated sale. So there's that.

Still terrible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fremdschämen. The s-word you're thinking of is schadenfreude, which means "happiness at the misery of others".

Yes and yes

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ROTFLMAO!! I am not logged in atm; so is he banned?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

ROTFLMAO!! I am not logged in atm; so is he banned?

I like how Derek's posts let me re-live happy posting memories from 20 pages ago.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is the "The Commanders" expansion going to be the big multiplayer thing or did that already happen? I kinda want to fly around with friends and explore space, find hostiles, and blow them the gently caress up while making money.

You can already do that. It's a pretty fun game, good core mechanics but the layers above are being built slowly.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Check this immersion out.

You have to make "your own fun".

paaarpppp

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
light hearted comedy for all commandos to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D6bHMMX9-4

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

paaarpppp

That ship looks like it's screaming in pain

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I think I love you.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Lime Tonics posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/23Ut6kn.png[/img]

paaarpppp
I know I already made the joke, but this game is literally Goat Simulator, except in space and 10 times worse in every way. $110 million.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :five:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Romes128 posted:

That ship looks like it's screaming in pain

You'd scream too if you'd been filled with ghostly noodles by two clones

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

To put a myth to bed, most of the grunts in the UK actually really like Sandi and think she's a nice person, I'm being serious, and I know different ,but just saying ....
As you can see 'Im catching up on the thread and last I was around I think Sandi hate was still raging?
Also bare in mind that UK residents are the most cynical bastards on the planet so she is clearly doing something right , she just doesn't seem to be able to transfer this likability over to the colonies.
Our Hun friend has not yet announced to the general populace that he is leaving but it will be out there soon enough.

They only "like" her because they don't get to interact with her much. Being over the pond and all.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Is this in the OP yet, because goddamn!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ag9G9

Fourth Pass Version 1.

How many times has this loving thing been un-approved?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fourth Pass Version 1.

Why would you need more than one attempt at something this generic?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fourth Pass Version 1.

what's the point of that helmet if you keep getting hit in the face anyway

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Khanstant posted:

why does he have to bring the phone so close to his face?

Ben can't read, stop shaming him.

Still a better conversationalist than Sandi :v:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

My favorite German thing in the world :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG62zay3kck

Thanks for the "Landing succfl" Pgabz.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Gilganixon posted:

what's the point of that helmet if you keep getting hit in the face anyway

Well at least they got rid of the blinkers on the side.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How about the fact that they won't even begin to figure out how to incorporate private servers until the game is done and live. I am not an expert but that doesn't seem like the kind of thing you can slap on to the end of development.

It's not. It's an entirely different architecture which warrants a completely different code base. They're never - ever - doing it; so nothing to worry about.

caveat:

seeing the poo poo that's their "persistent" universe, I won't be surprised if they trash all that and go straight to player hosted client/server model, with a server browser. If they do - and keep the PU (in whatever lovely state) - then they'd probably split the game again. Star Citizen (PU), Squadron 42, Star Shitizen (server browser).

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

It's not. It's an entirely different architecture which warrants a completely different code base. They're never - ever - doing it; so nothing to worry about.

caveat:

seeing the poo poo that's their "persistent" universe, I won't be surprised if they trash all that and go straight to player hosted client/server model, with a server browser. If they do - and keep the PU (in whatever lovely state) - then they'd probably split the game again. Star Citizen (PU), Squadron 42, Star Shitizen (server browser).

Great Derek you're giving them more ideas

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

D_Smart posted:

caveat:

when they shovel this turd out the door in whatever state it's in when they go broke, the PU is going to be at best a spreadsheet that keeps track of player account balances and maybe a rudimentary good/evil system that influences which line of dialogue some NPCs say when you walk past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

lmfao

Blizzard shuts down your bnet account for charge backs, and rightfully so because if that is a serious post then you are a huge human being.

oh no I wouldn't be able to play blizzard games again (Diablo 3 sucks, SC2 sucks, WoW sucks, TeamFortress2 already exists, did I miss anything?) But no, I wouldn't seriously do a charge-back because of their new changes, but I would want to do a charge-back to get my money back and get banned from bnet games in the future. I also wont do that because I'd have to like call the bank or go on the website. gently caress that keep my money, gently caress your game

The last great game a company named Blizzard released was in like 2003 and Blizzard essentially literally a different entity now. I have WC3 on CD anyway

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 6, 2016

• Locked thread