Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Princess just got pinned from missing a vader bomb... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Niebla was pulled from the show so RIP worst team ever.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thunder is the worst wrestler I've ever seen holy poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I absolutely love Thunder's complete lack of fucks given about wrestling. It's great.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

coconono posted:

I absolutely love Thunder's complete lack of fucks given about wrestling. It's great.

Evan Marie

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/duyarvish/status/689309432820428800

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Supposedly Thunder's from Australia, which makes this even better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Supposedly Thunder's from Australia, which makes this even better.

It's amazing Lucha Underground hasn't hired him to be their next fake Mexican.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

It's amazing Lucha Underground hasn't hired him to be their next fake Mexican.

If he was in AAA instead of CMLL I honestly wouldn't have been shocked to see him wind up as Matanza.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Goddamn Thunder is the laziest piece of poo poo I've seen in a long time. I cant wait for the Thunder/Rush match :allears:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like that Thunder started wearing pads on his back to cover up his disgusting bacne because it's not like he ever bumps

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

I like that Thunder started wearing pads on his back to cover up his disgusting bacne because it's not like he ever bumps

what do you call this then

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/682647094629429248

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

loving love this guy. Rush vs Thunder is gonna be awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/01/27/lucha-underground-returns-tonight-cmll-results-and-other-notes/

Good News: The Tuesday Arena Mexico shows are going to be streamed every week now.

Bad News: There's a good chance we won't be getting the big Friday Night shows for more than a couple more weeks.

quote:

I think it is now fair to wonder if maybe there won’t be three teaming CMLL shows for long. CMLL officially announced they start on TDN on February 14th. If they’re airing Friday shows, as was originally reported by +Lucha, then that’d be on at least a couple day delay. It doesn’t help TDN if those matches are airing on the internet 48 hours prior and it seems reasonable Claro would pass on airing these Tuesday shows. This is not certain, but maybe things will change around in February.

It's obviously a good move for the company but this sucks for the foreign fans.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Dave posted:

Lucha Libre Elite is coming hard after the key talent like Fenix, Pentagon Jr., Electroshock, Daga and others, but AAA has been signing a lot of the talent up of late. Plus, with Fenix, Pentagon Jr. and I believe Daga under contract to Lucha Underground as well, I can’t see them succeeding. .. At this point there are no plans for Rey Mysterio Jr. to return so now all four of the guys that were the keys in the company rebuilding (Mysterio, Alberto, Perro & Myzteziz) are gone. It also looks like they are going to be booking far less foreigners, since they had none at Guerra de Titanes, because of the cost involved

Holy poo poo. Even during that brief period where all four of those guys were around I struggled to enjoy their product as much as CMLL's (or LU for that matter) but it's a shame to see them collampse so badly after appearing to have so much promise a year ago. Hell, if you would've asked me 12 months ago I'd have guessed they would've been the definitive world #3 at this time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AAA is good for a couple flippy tag matches a month, and a handful of great singles matches a year and that's about it. It's been that way for a while.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Is Gran Apache still good? I know he's still wrestling but I haven't seen him in ages.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

Holy poo poo. Even during that brief period where all four of those guys were around I struggled to enjoy their product as much as CMLL's (or LU for that matter) but it's a shame to see them collampse so badly after appearing to have so much promise a year ago. Hell, if you would've asked me 12 months ago I'd have guessed they would've been the definitive world #3 at this time.

Court Bauer killed AAA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Main looks very good and the semi main could at least be the funny type of bad

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
AAA could be on fire right now if they'd just push the right guys. I'd like to see Pentagon Jr. go elsewhere but I don't know how successful he'd be without the gimmick. Maybe he could just pull an LA Park and change his name and nothing else. Also in fairness I imagine CMLL would manage to make him stop feeling special pretty quickly. The US indies would really be the best place for him.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Rush vs Thunder is tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCvyvihSYs

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This was just retweeted by thecubsfan so it's apparently credible:

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/rey-mysterio-aaa-disappearance-due-to-money-owed/

quote:

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Rey Mysterio is in the midst of a contract dispute with AAA and we’re told it’s the reason he’s been nowhere to be found on their recent shows.

Multiple sources close to the situation tell us the hold up appears to be over 2 reasons … money being the first, and what Rey perceives as shady business practices being the second.

Our sources say Mysterio’s deal with AAA is based on number of dates he’d be away from home — whether it’s a house show, TV taping or media appearance — but despite the agreement, Rey’s no longer being paid for every trip he’s made for the company and is unhappy about the situation.

The former world heavyweight champ had been building a program with Johnny Mundo before the dispute began and it appeared like they’d do battle over the title Alberto Del Rio left vacant.

Mysterio’s last AAA appearance was in December though, so it’s unclear if that will continue.

We made multiple attempts to reach AAA for comment. No word back.

More signs of instablity and money issues from the recent Observer:

quote:

Konnan on his radio podcast said what has been pretty clear of late, that he’s virtually out of the loop when it comes to booking and his role with AAA is being an agent. You can see that with the changes of late such as the Americans being eliminated and nothing with Rey Mysterio Jr

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

How can a company this poorly run produce Lucha Underground

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because it doesn't produce lucha underground

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Smoking Crow posted:

How can a company this poorly run produce Lucha Underground

Don't they just contract the talent out? I'd imagine Lucha Underground wouldn't be nearly as cohesive as it is if their creative team had to work with the whims of AAA's owners.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

Don't they just contract the talent out? I'd imagine Lucha Underground wouldn't be nearly as cohesive as it is if their creative team had to work with the whims of AAA's owners.

Dorian Roldan (the younger Roldan that's in the big amorphous AAA heel group) is an executive producer and may have some say but Eric Van Wagenen and Chris De Joseph seem to be the guys mostly in charge of LU creative.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 6, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, and here's tonight's CMLL card:

Looks pretty solid and my advice would be to enjoy the Friday night streams while we can since there's a good chance they may not be lasting for much longer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

where the gently caress is Thunder, CMLL??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Dorian Roldan (the younger Roldan that's in the big amorphous AAA heel group) is an executive producer and may have some say but Eric Van Wagenen and Chris De Joseph seem to be the guys mostly in charge of LU creative.

Don't pretend to know much about Lucha or this complex situation. But they're essentially brand splits. Same ownership and investors with only difference being MGM TV and El Rey don't have a stake in AAA BUT two billionaires do. Rey Mysterio's situation was described to me as a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" deal between AAA and LU. Rey isn't the only one who has had this happened to. Contract breaches all over the place and lots are legally free to play the field. Just a lot of disappointment going around.

Rey is probably likely WWE bound. Rey thinks he could bring Konnan with him but we can all agree that's VERY wishful thinking.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
its a shame that if Rey were to come back to WWE, that he wouldn't make it before WM because of LU

I think there's a decent heat for a Kalisto/Rey match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Rey goes back to WWE he better push for limited dates or no one will ever see him wrestle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If he comes back to WWE, what remains of his knees will be dust within a year.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Would they even clear him to wrestle? I could see a thing where they booked him for like one or two matches at Rumble/Mania or whatever but that dude's legs are totally shot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

If he comes back to WWE, what remains of his knees will be dust within a year.

he hasn't had knees in like 20 years

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
The main event of last night's CMLL show was good. I wish all those guys were in main events all the time. Well Mephisto I could take or leave.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Wow next Friday's card looks great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is he actually back to being called Mistico now?? :psyduck:

So let's see. Mistico > Sin Cara > Sin Cara Azul > Myzteziz > Caristico > Mistico

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Chris James 2 posted:

So let's see. Mistico > Sin Cara > Sin Cara Azul > Myzteziz > Caristico > Mistico

I'm glad he's mistico again

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

No, lovely Cara is still Caristico. CMLL's Mistico is a different Mistico. Their Mistico is Rush's brother, used to be known as Dragon Lee (not to be confused with the current Dragon Lee who is actually Mistico's and Rush's brother as well, who used to wrestle as Drago (not to be confused with current LU Drago)).

In short: Lucha seemingly has way too few gimmick names for way too many guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's Mistico II and the new Dragon Lee is Dragon Lee II