Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

IGNORING THE FACT Star Citizen doesn't exist as a game, the checkmate will be when Frontier adds multicrew stuff if it includes walking around and exiting the ship. Because honestly at that point why the gently caress care about SC?

On that note, I really with MWO would add tanks and elementals and stuff. It might be enough to get me back into it.

the amazing SQ42 story :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bootcha posted:

So it turned out alright, a nice medium with plenty of juice seared in, though it was leaking out at the resting phase.

It seems like it'd be easier to grill it outside or broil, but I did want to try pan sear. It was also a case of the extra bits of seasoning burning in the pan and oil.

Wasn't the butter, had that and olive oil in a separate pan on medium.

Steak & Skillet

Tools
Cast Iron Skillet
Not-lovely Oven Mitts (I use Welding Gloves)
Not-lovely Spatula

Food
1" Thick High Quality Steak Cut
Kosher Salt
Freshly Cracked Pepper
Peanut Oil

Meat Preparation
1. Brush one side of steak with peanut oil.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Flip steak.
4. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
5. Allow steak to come to room temperature.

Skillet Preparation
1. Turn on broiler.
2. Put skillet as close to broiler as possible.
3. Leave skillet in over for 20 minutes until stupid hot.
4. Set burner to high. If using an electric burner, pre-heat the fucker so it's glowing before the next step.
5. Disconnect your smoke alarm, open windows, turn the vent on max.

Food Stuff
1. Take skillet and put on hot burner.
2. Add meat.
3. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
4. Flip meat.
5. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
6. Place skillet in broiler.
7. Allow meat to cook for 2 minutes.
8. Remove and allow to rest on a plate lightly tented with foil for 10 minutes.
9. Eat your medium rare steak.
10. Thank me.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
When multicrew comes out for E:D, will the shitizens blame Mr. Smart?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Greatest thread. We get to watch bootcha learn to cook and don't have to deal with GWS

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
I would love to know what Braben thinks about Star Citizen.

On multicrew, if CIG is pushing hard for SQ42, everything that will come out will be single crew focused. It is likely that there will be no multicrew progress at all by the time Elite has multicrew working.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

IGNORING THE FACT Star Citizen doesn't exist as a game

so what the gently caress have I been playing, then?

have you ever logged in to it?

because making an argument as if you were pretty certain of what you're saying, without really being certain, is a bit demented

I wonder how many goons in this forum will be diagnosed with schizophrenia five years from now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

janssendalt posted:

because making an argument as if you were pretty certain of what you're saying, without really being certain, is a bit demented

I wonder how many goons in this forum will be diagnosed with schizophrenia five years from now

GAME DELIVERED AND PROMISES FULFILLED

NO REFUNDS

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

janssendalt posted:

Lol. We need a new breakdown. Please begin yours now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jaegerx posted:

Lol. We need a new breakdown. Please begin yours now.

i think he's mocking citizens dude

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

janssendalt posted:

beautiful question

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

When multicrew comes out for E:D, will the shitizens blame Mr. Smart?

It's like night and day with SC and Frontiers forums, one forum is actually talking about in game stuff and able to do it, and the other forum is "well in 2 weeks we will have it".

on Cooking ,If you want to have a decent meal plan every day though, learn stir fry.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

janssendalt posted:

Me stealing you're ship over and over and killing U with it or crashing into nother ship kaboom haha. I hate those hardwire mapped keys and take my vengeance

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

i think he's mocking citizens dude

I can't tell anymore. I'm ruined because of star citizen

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sperglord posted:

On multicrew, if CIG is pushing hard for SQ42, everything that will come out will be single crew focused. It is likely that there will be no multicrew progress at all by the time Elite has multicrew working.

There was a interview posted like a month or two ago and he was extremely nice and a bit sarcastic when mentioning star citizen. Brabs and crobs pretty much ignore each other and when their games do get mentioned it's like "yeah, it's a nice thing."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Illegal Move posted:

I just thought you guys should know that our friend zecumbe has upgraded the "gently caress Off Goonie" thing:

Es ist Zeit für Rache!

Es Ist Zeit zu säubern.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Glory to the stimpire

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jaegerx posted:

I can't tell anymore. I'm ruined because of star citizen

it really is hard to tell. usually effective trolling is taking a person / community's hilarious behavior and amping it up to 11. citizens though are already pretty much fully retarded.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I forgot to mention, stir fry is cool because it's like a meal you can make with all the left over junk you can't use up.

Or make soups out of it.

I can't wait to see the used car lot in star citizen though, before the game dies. Only thing to look forward to really.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Haskell9 posted:

posting from page 1347 - betting zecumbe outs as a goon.

I called that poo poo on Jan 19. Where Poe's Law is concerned I am Tom goddamned Bombadil

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Brilliant.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Now allow me to SpergRage for 38 paragraphs why he should have been in the first trilogy.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
It would be really funny if someone took the code from this and changed the trumpet to a paaarp and changed the person to someone at cig.
http://trumpdonald.org/

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Nation posted:

Derek might of hit a vending machine but ben assaulted one

No need to check the coin dispenser for change, new sale just around the corner after all

the backers never fail

Alternatively: Ben is testing out one of the more popular (and only) game modes, 'known shipables'

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6325558/#Comment_6325558

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6325901/#Comment_6325901

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6327646/#Comment_6327646

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Steak & Skillet

Tools
Cast Iron Skillet
Not-lovely Oven Mitts (I use Welding Gloves)
Not-lovely Spatula

Food
1" Thick High Quality Steak Cut
Kosher Salt
Freshly Cracked Pepper
Peanut Oil

Meat Preparation
1. Brush one side of steak with peanut oil.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Flip steak.
4. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
5. Allow steak to come to room temperature.

Skillet Preparation
1. Turn on broiler.
2. Put skillet as close to broiler as possible.
3. Leave skillet in over for 20 minutes until stupid hot.
4. Set burner to high. If using an electric burner, pre-heat the fucker so it's glowing before the next step.
5. Disconnect your smoke alarm, open windows, turn the vent on max.

Food Stuff
1. Take skillet and put on hot burner.
2. Add meat.
3. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
4. Flip meat.
5. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
6. Place skillet in broiler.
7. Allow meat to cook for 2 minutes.
8. Remove and allow to rest on a plate lightly tented with foil for 10 minutes.
9. Eat your medium rare steak.
10. Thank me.

You could also sous vide like a civilized person.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

A Captain B'tak post a day keeps the psyche ward away.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
What's funny about B'Tak is he talks like some defense contractors:

quote:

This begins to coalesce around ‘Spherical Situation Awareness’. Bringing in the ‘Z’ axis is an important stroke that allows interoperability re-engagement across the force. If we can get sensors to share, and leverage our precision system; we have enough persistence in platform positioning instruments that we can align off of each other and fight in degraded environment.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Page 1776 :911:

Edit: gently caress star citizen; bunch of scammers if I do say so myself...

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 6, 2016

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Sperglord posted:

At the start I bet Braden thought about SC a lot, thinking about ways that ED can stand apart from SC. At the beginning ED and SC had a real competition, even if they were going for different takes on the same idea. But as time went on and CIG failed over and over again, it seems like Frontier went, gently caress it we can do it better, and so CQC was born. Now I very much doubt SC is even a blip on Branden's radar.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

star citizen fans say stupid poo poo all the time and i would lay down my life to protect their right to :911:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I'll get in on the 1776 action

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So apparently there was a monthly report posted.

Some interesting tidbits:

CIG Santa Monica

quote:

Engineer Mark Abent has been industriously creating parameters for ammunition. With many of our systems moving away from strict XML and moving towards our own internal data management system, there’s a need to convert projectiles to this new management system. While outwardly, this will have no visible impact on the game itself, it changes how the parameters are loaded and allows us to move away from the XML project path.

I guess they got rid of the physically based damage stuff then?

quote:

One of the most anticipated ships so far, the 890 Jump, has just had its technical design documentation completed by Matt Sherman. Creating technical design documentation for the ship provides the artists with a template of specifications. Requisite information such as dimensions, hard points, internal volume, and various functionalities will ensure the artists are incorporating all of the necessary design elements.

Well hell then maybe they should update the ship stats page and let people know what they spent hundreds of dollars on!

quote:

Further development on the Xi’an Scout has reached the ‘grey box’ tech design phase. While the technical design documentation is akin to a “letter of intent” in that it is providing an idea of how the ship will function, the grey box stage is where the nitty gritty details of the ship begin to take shape. Lead Tech Designer Kirk Tome has given the Scout its overview such as its variants, characteristics – a comparison of various aspects of performance based on other ships of similar mass and design – and an idea of how the ergonomics of the cockpit will be laid out.

This ship has been in development hell for years now.

quote:

While Kirk continues with his design work on the Scout, he has also taken on the hefty task of refactoring the mass of every ship in-game. Definitely not a job for the faint at heart, Kirk has researched how to properly calculate the mass of our ships, and is now looking to apply these findings. With functional realism an end-goal of Star Citizen, we want to make sure all ships are using calculations ideal for the kind of materials our universe will contain. Whether they are far-future composite materials yet to be discovered or are composed of tried and true iron and steel, every one of these items will affect how ships move through the void.

Translation: We have no loving clue what we're doing and will continue to pretend that our ships are engineering models and not the creation of artists. How do you "properly calculate the mass of a ship" when the materials are bullshit?

quote:

The MISC Reliant has been an all-hands-on-deck effort by the CIG LA Art team. Elwin Bachiller and Daniel Kamentsky have completed the exterior POMs and decals as well as generated almost all the geometry require to destroy it.

Why does this ship get the royal treatment when there are countless examples of older ships being outright ignored or left to rot? Who the gently caress decides the priority on this bullshit?

quote:

Balance master Calix Reneau has also taken on a juggling task worthy of a traveling circus show. With our shield system being further iterated upon, Calix has created a metrics system to quantify shield performance. By allowing the Tech Design team to analyze these performance numbers, we can further fine tune how shields function not just as a whole, but also how they respond against various weapon types whether they are kinetic projectiles, energy-based attacks, or other exotic weapon types.

So in other words Calix is trying to balance things against systems that aren't even implemented yet. Good job CIG, I'm sure this will be time well spent.

quote:

Concept artist Gurmukh Bhasin has been creating large renders to wallpaper our new building as we are still getting settled in to the new location. Each conference room will be given a different theme based on a ship manufacturer, and Gurmukh has been designing renders for how each room should look when the installations are completed. If you ever come by to take a tour of the place, make sure you check out our giant mural featuring the Vanguard. Given how much time we spend here, the investment in morale is well worth the effort!

Funny, I would think delivering a loving product would produce a decent amount of morale. I'm sure programmers and technical designers really give a poo poo about what the walls look like.

quote:

Senior Producer Eric Kieron Davis is truly a man of many talents. One week he is in Austin, TX assisting the production team with Persistent Universe processes then another week he is spearheading the beautification of the new Los Angeles CIG office, all while keeping his eyes on the target of 2.1.0 and 2.1.1.

The Senior Producer for a project that is over a year past schedule is also apparently responsible for making the office pretty. Anyone who wonders why CIG is hosed? That's why. Because the SENIOR PRODUCER is responsible for MAKING THE OFFICE PRETTY.

quote:

Production Assistant Darian Vorlick now fills a support role for the CIG LA team by providing data analytics, logistical reporting, as well as relieving any extraneous loads that may fall on the shoulders of the other producers.

Did Darian get demoted or something?

quote:

In addition to writing Jump Point articles and News Updates, Associate Writer Adam Wieser tackled a pretty massive S42 task: conforming the scripts to accurately reflect the dialogue recorded during last year’s performance shoot. A laborious process for sure, but now that it’s complete, the designers will no longer need to hunt down footage to see how scenes played out.

Remember that massive loving script Chris was so proud of? Apparently nobody loving read it.

CIG Austin

quote:

The keyword for this month has been ROADMAP. Lots of scheduling and planning has been going on this month for 2016, and we’ve made good progress in laying down a roadmap for features and content. Mark Skelton and Tony Zurovec have been in LA the last couple of weeks meeting with Chris Roberts, Erin Roberts, and others to ensure that all of our goals are lined up and clear to everyone.

Nice to know that after four years of development they can really get into roadmapping and planning.

quote:

In Ship Land, Chris Smith and Josh Coons have been chugging away on the Xi’an Scout (or Khartu-Al). Emre has been working with them to finish up his initial lighting pass on it and it is looking pretty slick. We’re aiming to finish up this ship in the very near future, at which point we will move on to our next focus, revamping the original 3 ships in Arena Commander (the Aurora, 300i, and Hornet) to match our current quality standards.

gently caress the Cutlass.

CIG Manchester

quote:

One aspect of the planning was trying to give the concept team a smoother ride; in the past we’ve had to adopt a fairly reactive flow, whereas this year I’d like to know 3-6 months in advance – we have the work that’s for sure!

You'd like to know, but in reality Chris will unapprove poo poo starting in about two weeks.

quote:

The pressure is on! Forrest has been visiting and giving the guys a good understanding of the new pipeline and has done a stellar job on working with associate producer Andy to get a comprehensive schedule together.

Forest is the guy that David Jennison stated was one of his primary reasons for leaving.

quote:

There’s plenty of spaceship action going on at Foundry 42! We’re getting in to the final art stages of production with the Sabre and StarFarer. The StarFarer is rather large with lots of interior work so she’s going to take a little longer but we hope to have the Sabre flying around Crusader very soon.

The Sabre was a concept back in November. Now it's almost flight ready.

quote:

Wow! January went past at 100 miles-an-hour and the UK design team have been busy in all areas of the game. Systems design is still refactoring the UI for the HUD to give new players a less steep learning curve into the game. It’s not just the HUD that needs an easy option as we are also looking at all of the usability aspects of the game in relation to new players, such as USE prompts, inner-thought, controls unification, better on-foot navigation aids and augmented reality.

Every time CIG talks about "refactoring" a system, take a shot.

quote:

From this month we are going to have a dedicated Ship Balance Designer who can act upon feedback in terms of where ships fit in the overall game. This is going to be a very important role going forward and will require a lot of trial and error before the ships feel how they are supposed to, but it’s great that someone is now going to be responsible for this on a daily basis.

I wonder if he and Calix get into fights since they apparently have the same job.

quote:

Here in the UK we have been working on core FPS player mechanics.

Because gently caress Illfonic.

CIG Frankfurt

quote:

We came up with a good solution in which we all believe in and have started to implement. The idea is to design a system which knows your local data, knows what data should be in the build, and then selectively downloads and updates your local data set to match the one of the build.

Innovation!

quote:

Also the updated metrics for ship mounted and personal weapons have been completed after being evaluated by various departments and are ready to be used.

Guys we're TOTALLY sure about how big poo poo should be this time.

quote:

This month Robert Stephens has been concentrating on the escape pod used in the Javelin Destroyer. Even though it’s only a small / minor craft in comparison to some of the larger ships, we’re spending the time we need to give it the level of detail fans and backers have come to expect. A good amount of time was spent on how the pod doors will open / close, we want to have both a complex and accurately stylize locking mechanism that the player can easily use and recognize. Some of the challenges with something like this is making it look as though it would work if it existed in real life, and also balancing that with the requirements of other departments such as animation so that the character can actually get in and out of the pod easily.

Well I guess that's better than beautifying an office. It should be noted that the Javelin has not even left whitebox. Why the gently caress are they prioritizing poo poo this way?

Behavior Interactive

quote:

Greetings from Montreal! Here’s what we’ve been up to in the last month:

Basically it's all marketing bullshit.

Community

quote:

We’ll keep it short and sweet this month, as by the time you’ve gotten to this section your eyeballs may be ready to burst.

And also because we don't actually do anything.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Freedom 1776.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
If I could ask Chris it would be, "What position do you need the most? Because I'll learn it."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still catching up but I had to repost this:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you can probably tell where I am in the thread by that

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

1500 posted:

Now I very much doubt SC is even a blip on Branden's radar.

In my eyes, the best way to view Star Citizen if you're a game's developer is to look at the state of the project, the community, the staff...and ground yourself in reality. Just really take in how many things have gone catastrophically wrong and how CIG brought it upon themselves every step of the way. The moment you believe you own hype, that's when you're doomed. The moment you get fixated at the cash in your hand instead of the product in the customer's hand (or should be), you're doomed.

It must be nice, when you're losing a firm grip on what's important in your games development project to be able to look at CIG's bizarro alternative universe and think, 'Thank gently caress this didn't happen, there's still time, I can still save Christmas" or something.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

For those that haven't been following along on the CIG forums, Logical Chimp is a total retard with severe cognitive problems that is incapable of doing anything other than licking CIGs balls.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

BadOptics posted:

Page 1776 :911:

Edit: gently caress star citizen; bunch of scammers if I do say so myself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Also god drat it, I was just about finished reading this thread when Beer and Bootcha make posts. I have to sleep at some point you know.

I think we're all certain what the fate of Star Citizen and all those involved will be at this point.

The accumulated fidelity of all their stretchgoals and jpegs will foam up about their waists and all the shills and shitizens will look up and shout, "Save PU!" and goons will look down and whisper

'Derek Smart was right'

• Locked thread