Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ronwayne posted:

Welp 90,92 with a reroll. :suicide:

Oh oh oh wait I forgot the forums support webms now.

http://i.imgur.com/A2jgMNU.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I dunno, I'm kind of for keeping the inquisitor around as a foil. especially since we can't loot a vaporized body

"Consssssider the following:"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I dunno, I'm kind of for keeping the inquisitor around as a foil. especially since we can't loot a vaporized body

I'd say you didn't learn mandozer's lesson it appears. Granted it would have been hard seeing as the second time he left the game, he decided to replace all his posts with a Gif from Top Gun, so I can't post an exact link to his post. But it involved a Nazi.

Basically, Nazis are only cool when they're been killed, or Neo-cons are being compared to them, so find a better loving picture to get your point across.

Seriously, what is wrong with goons?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Aaaaanyway:

How about instead of risking them shutting down the plant by blowing a few charges early, I just use Thought Sending's "indiscriminate broadcast" setting to send everyone within 4 kilometers a nice little Chaos spiel about how we've seized the power plant, their leaders have failed them, prepare to die, etc. Throw in some imagery of 8-pointed stars and Space Marines atop mounds of corpses, season with evil laughter to taste.

If that doesn't get everyone running outside in a panic (and into our guns) nothing will. Plus it'll probably incite panic and rioting around the plant, maybe even set off a few latent psykers down in the hive, and generally further the impression that the planet's current government is a failure and they should definitely vote for our benefactor. Win-win.

I'm doing this regardless of whether or not it would work, by the way.

e: And I doubt it'll happen, but if we get a chance to take the Inquisitor alive and drag her into the water with us, that'd be quite a prize to take away from this planet. Especially since I have Mind Probe. Assault on Watch Fortress Erioch, anyone?

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 6, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Werix posted:

I'd say you didn't learn mandozer's lesson it appears. Granted it would have been hard seeing as the second time he left the game, he decided to replace all his posts with a Gif from Top Gun, so I can't post an exact link to his post. But it involved a Nazi.

Basically, Nazis are only cool when they're been killed, or Neo-cons are being compared to them, so find a better loving picture to get your point across.

What. At what point did it come across that I'm not for murdering space nazis like a spikey B.J. Blazkowitz? I just wanted to have her do that Col. Clink yell of despair. Doing it right before she blows up is also okay.

And what dasch said, IF we can grab her. The simplest option is to wipe out the sec staff, cackle over the air waves, and run.

I especially like the Free Radio Chaos idea.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 6, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Kidnapping sounds good if we can.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ronwayne posted:

Werix posted:

First off, it was a giant Nazi chainsaw robot destroying Tokyo from the show Danger 5 that set it off, and he used the Top Gun eject gif to leave.

Second, I have corrected the image in the most patronizing manner possible to reduce any more knee jerk overreactions.

It is just now an anime chick wearing smiley badges leading her smiley soldiers to the obliteration of her foes on the unsmiling western front.

Third, all joking aside, I don't get that he wanted anything to do with Nazis, that was just an image he felt suited the moment. He wants to turn a good woman into an evil woman and have her wrecking poo poo for Chaos. That is what the image is meant to convey.

I have no idea what the quote is meant to convey other than maybe he knows anime quotes better than I do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the free radio broadcast should try and convince them that we are in fact the distraction for something much bigger. Lure an inquisitor and a team of first-founding Deathwatch to a planet where gently caress all is going on, and then keep them focussed there for an extended period? Without immediately spending all our resources on killing some/all of them?

drat, those Dark Eldar must have paid us a fortune for this.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Nah, avoiding that is exactly why I want to make sure we lure them here so that the Inquisitor and pals end up dead and/or tied to a chair on our ship. Bossman should get elected soon, and if they're alive and poking around for more Chaos that risks them figuring out what really happened.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Except that directly contradicts the entire reason for this ruse: we have to "die" so that the big "I" closes the case, rather than sticking around (or worse, coming down even harder) to possibly figure out that the new President is down with Chaos.

Edit: This is directed at Goatface's post. The one above this post snuck in while I was typing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, ok. Just call her out. Tell her to bring her underlings and we shall see who is the superior force on the planet through the time honoured method of good fights.

Which we will then "lose" so we can overload the generators out of spite.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I just realized that I forgot to adjust the extra damage from Mighty Shot to reflect my new BS bonus with the Unnatural Ballistic Skill from Warptime, so I dealt an extra +2 damage per shot to the Chimera, which means 53 damage total after armor. It's dead as hell.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Will you guys get pissed IC if I spend most of this combat hiding? With a bolt pistol and being a squishy human there isn't a lot I can do other than maybe target leaders.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Yeah, go for it.

In fact, you might better off suppressing someone? But even though that is less likely to -cause damage-, It'll probably get you shot at. Up to you.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
But hey, as a Slaaneshi, you take a whole -1 damage when in LoS of my Rapturous Standard!

So there'll probably be enough left to bury, is what I'm saying.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

Yeah, go for it.

In fact, you might better off suppressing someone? But even though that is less likely to -cause damage-, It'll probably get you shot at. Up to you.

I doubt he'll be able to suppress a horde or a chimera. That said, you can still shoot that pistol at the horde and do some damage. Like I said, they're going to target whomever is doing the most damage to them, so unless you think you and your bolt pistol can outclass dachshund, the sit it out.

Also don't forget your demonic plasma pistol. That could still do something to a Chimera.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

Like I said, they're going to target whomever is doing the most damage to them, so unless you think you and your bolt pistol can outclass dachshund, the sit it out.

I can at least hit Space Marine levels of horde murdering with metal storm rounds, which is why I'm as far the gently caress away as I can get from the hordes.

With a high vantage point, no penalties for range, and a flash suppressor maybe those idiots won't be able to even see me. :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am planning to write something, but rush of work etc. It will basically be Boli firing a frag grenade and Nico floating towards them in the dark. Changed my mind.

goatface fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 12, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Very long drive today. Will post when I get there or a bit after.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gonna try to update tomorrow. Giving dyne a little time to post. If he doesn't then I'll just have him shoot at a horde.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah, voting we run once these guys are dead. If I could find away to prevent its vaporization, I'd leave that drat possessed plasmagun as evidence.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Sorry for not posting lately, been stuck on what to get for my thing things and where to spend the exp. Was thinking of more minions but I don't want to put an imposition on werix.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Sorry for not posting lately, been stuck on what to get for my thing things and where to spend the exp. Was thinking of more minions but I don't want to put an imposition on werix.

Well since a lot of you are having trouble spending exp, then I know I don't have to award you any more exp from this point forward. :v

As for minions, they aren't an imposition. I'm totally fine with minions, I think they are kind of under utilized and have no problem with them in theory, it is just this group's love of giving all your minions incoporial and phasing that is at issue. Well only an issue in a combat minion. If you want an incoporial minion who is a floating forbidden lore skill monkey, that's neat and fine.

Plus you all get as much out of your minions as you put in. I am not going to just assume your minions are always around and post on their behalf, that is your job. So it is clear, As long as your minion is near you you can act out your minion as another character. If your minion is not near you, then you must pass a loyalty test. If you do then you can continue to act as your minion. If you fail the loyalty test, then I take them over, and probably have them go get drunk.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

Well since a lot of you are having trouble spending exp, then I know I don't have to award you any more exp from this point forward. :v

I have 0 issue spending XP, it's the acquisitions I'm hosed by.

I'll trade my acquisitions for other people's XP though :v:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Okay, spent some time thinking about it, and had some ideas. Will get on it after work. Might even spend 750exp to buy us someone to do seneshel stuff while we're off being chaos-y.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Post half done before work. Will get up after it, 6-7ish pm CST. Unfortunately I'm situated in a panopticon situation in the cube farm and can't (or rather should not) browse SA. Been on deathmarch lately so super sorry about the ridiculous delay on my part.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 1, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I should be the one apologizing. I haven't posted yet since I'm waiting on someone to say let's go do something. Seems the group wants to take care of the warrant situation, so I'm probably going to put up a post railroading you all into a meeting with Gramsh tonight after work.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
It won't be tonight it seems, but it will be this weekend.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nobody else have any good ideas? I did consider 'proving' that she wasn't actually his daughter and was just an opportunistic gold digger from a rival family, but I'm not sure how we would do that. Some-sort of tweaking of the central gene-bank?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Nobody else have any good ideas? I did consider 'proving' that she wasn't actually his daughter and was just an opportunistic gold digger from a rival family, but I'm not sure how we would do that. Some-sort of tweaking of the central gene-bank?

She is not a daughter, but a niece. The warrant holder had no known kids, and all his siblings are dead, leaving the title to go to the eldest niece or nephew.

That's what the SL heraldry was for, to see if you know any other relatives. Since no one has made the test, you'll have to get the info from elsewhere.

That elsewhere will be your meeting with Gramsh.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Finding a closer heir and corrupting them sounds good, as does tracking her down and corrupting her. I mean, Octuv's a big smashy marine but he's also a Slaaneshi with access to Mind Probe and Delude. We don't necessarily have to be completely subtle about this; we can track her down, do a smash-and-grab, spend a week with her tied to a chair while we play Good Cultist/Bad Cultist until her brain snaps, then have her "escape" her kidnappers.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Update will be coming tomorrow or this weekend. This month is going to be crazy for me at work, so chances are most of my updates will be coming on the weekends until June, as opposed to my normal Monday or Tuesday evenings.

These fights you're up against now is part of an experiment to see if combat can be more streamlined by throwing fewer, yet stronger, things at you. If it works expect combats to consist of one horde and then 1-2 elite or master level enemies.

Also I am going to focus on fear more, on both sides. You guys are some fearsome assholes. So if you haven't already, list your fear ratings in your combat blocks, so I can have daemons running from you.

If these battles stomp you all into a pulp, well back to the drawing board.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
drat, I knew I should've invested in Fearless :v:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well the book has all these fun disorders, but you actually need to be frightened first to get them. :vomarine:

Keep in mind that Corvax has command, and the terrify use can counter fear. Lastly, I might have it be in situations where someone in the party has a fear rating equal to or greater than your enemy you won't have to make a fear test (or vice versa), but that house rule isn't set in stone yet.

Werix fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 5, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Speaking of needing to invest in Fearless...

Anyway, I don't know why that characteristic thing wasn't clicking for me. I even double checked it to make sure it wasn't that, and yet it just didn't get through my skull. Post edited. Gorsha's probably about to have a bad day.

Edit: Wait, poo poo, hosed it up again, gotta fix it. Fixed. Forgot the Full-Auto penalty, ended up scoring more hits on the reroll anyway.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 8, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah sorry, this week is the week from hell at work. When I come home I've just been wanting to do nothing productive. I am going to try and post tomorrow though, because tomorrow is:

:toot:Rogue Crusade's 3rd Birthday!!!:toot:

It is hard to believe this game is three years old. In a world where most of the 40k games last about three weeks, this one has been going strong. I also want to give a special thanks to Olanphonia, Jolinaxas, and goatface for sticking around this whole time.

Typically I give out exp, infamy, and corruption as a birthday gift, but this year I want to do something different. I want to give everyone a gift.

The Ramoran Pattern Bolt Revolver

Class: pistol Range: 45m RoF S/-/- Dam: 1d10+10X Pen:6 Clp: 6 Rld: 2 full Spcl: Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3) Avilability: Unique

This bolt revolver is based on a design deemed heretical by the priests of Mars, since what kind of bolt gun isn't clip fed? The designs are considered a work of art, and as such, they are always of Best quality. These bolt revolvers have higher stopping power than even a heavy bolter. How the gun manages that while still firing astartes sized bolter shells is a mystery, as is the fact that the weapon can be as easily used by a human one handed as an astartes, with the trigger guard easily removable for use by astartes.

While unable to be fired semi-auto, and having a longer reload, these weapons have been in demand by heretical forces as weapons for officers, duelists, and as a "big game" revolver. The problem is the Dark Forge world that was building these weapons was visited upon by Exterminatus, destroying the knowledge of how to make the weapons. As such they are incredibly rare, typically used as a museum piece and not actually fired.

For the six of you to get these weapons indicates someone greatly admires your work and dedication.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

As someone who actually uses his bolt pistol, yay.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Aww thanks, Werix! I've enjoyed this game immensely over the years. I appreciate the work you've put in to make it a successful one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As someone who can't use a bolt pistol (Boli has quite a few, but not that one. I considered getting him heavy weapon training and a heavy flamer at one point, but I think he was too weedy to actually carry one) and has 25 BS, thank you.

A suitable tool for shooting people while shaking their hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

As someone who can't use a bolt pistol (Boli has quite a few, but not that one. I considered getting him heavy weapon training and a heavy flamer at one point, but I think he was too weedy to actually carry one) and has 25 BS, thank you.

A suitable tool for shooting people while shaking their hand.

Everyone who does not have bolt weapon training is considered to have the Weapon training ( Ramoran Pattern Bolt Revolver) talent. As for if you can't hit the broadside of a Broadside, well that is your concern.