Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shortspecialbus posted:

Nvidia Inspector Guide for SGSSAA and better Antialiasing than the in-game settings:

I just downloaded NVidia Inspector and ATS has a profile there. It's mostly blank, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kilonum posted:

fun ATS fact: you can copy all the *.sii files in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Profiles\<profile> and paste them into Documents\American Truck Simulator\Profiles\<profile> and all your controls will be mapped to what you had them mapped to in ETS2

For anyone else doing this. Just don't copy the "profile.sii" file or else your game won't be able to load saves.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

Hogo Fogo posted:

Just a while ago I got a speeding fine just as I was turning to the weighing station in order not to get fined for avoiding it :negative:

Yeah, that sudden drop from 80 to 20 dinged me too. Next time I'll just blow on past! My papers are perfectly in order!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

HardDisk posted:

I just downloaded NVidia Inspector and ATS has a profile there. It's mostly blank, though.

Ok. It didn't as of 2 days ago. For now, I'd say to continue with my instructions. I'll monitor and update. Thanks for the heads up!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I tried again today. I took out a bunch of loans, bought another garage and truck and hired a driver. Gave the lovely Kenworth to the hired driver and bought myself a new Peterbilt. Much better, especially in the rift. I'm closer to the wheel now and the guages are really easy to read. Not to mention you can change the dash display to show the current speed in a big font. The Kenworth has the screen for it but it doesn't work. I was able to turn off the route guide and just use the GPS in the truck. Was a lot more enjoyable.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I tried again today. I took out a bunch of loans, bought another garage and truck and hired a driver. Gave the lovely Kenworth to the hired driver and bought myself a new Peterbilt. Much better, especially in the rift. I'm closer to the wheel now and the guages are really easy to read. Not to mention you can change the dash display to show the current speed in a big font. The Kenworth has the screen for it but it doesn't work. I was able to turn off the route guide and just use the GPS in the truck. Was a lot more enjoyable.

That's pretty much where I'm at right now, except I keep it on the mileage or fuel screen. The Kenworth really does have a crappy dash. I'll re-recommend the route advisor mod I linked a few posts back. Give that a go and I think you'll be super happy with the results. Glad to hear you're liking it better!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I tried it but it seemed to crash the game when I pressed drive. It probably doesn't play well with the rift. I'm able to get by without it though. The route advisor pops up with any relevant info like weigh stations and whatnot, so it's manageable.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Owlkill posted:

I've just got this and am setting up controls on a 360 gamepad - am I missing something or is it impossible to assign anything to the trigger buttons?

I'm about to do this myself, and from what I remember from ETS2 the triggers are in the setting as axis and not as buttons.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

I looked at it, and it did pull a playlist file down.

Here's the link I got from it. Seems to play in VLC. Haven't tested it in-game though.
http://c4.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/1929/playlist.m3u8

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

HardDisk posted:

I don't know if the ATS profile has the settings but it's easier to just do the ETS2+ATS since it's got the stuff that makes it work and also assumedly can use it with ETS2 as well.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Welp, this game made me go sign up for my CDL.

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Mr Scumbag posted:

So, I've just added a bunch of map mods, and according to the in game map, they've all loaded fine and are now in the game. Problem is that there are no jobs available that use the new map area. Is this a problem I have to fix or do I just have to wait for the job selection to "catch up"?

Not even in quick jobs? Is this happening on new profile?
Try to rest in the game.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Owlkill posted:

I've just got this and am setting up controls on a 360 gamepad - am I missing something or is it impossible to assign anything to the trigger buttons?

LT and RT are considered an axis by most games, unless the developer has specifically added Xbox gamepad support. ETS2/ATS does not have specific support, so each trigger looks like an axis. The easiest way to tell if a program has support is to look at the way buttons are mapped. If the button map shows the actual button instead of just a number, then the program natively supports Xbox controllers.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Multiplayer is coming out today. This will bee insane with how tiny the map is.can't wait

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cowman posted:

I don't know if the ATS profile has the settings but it's easier to just do the ETS2+ATS since it's got the stuff that makes it work and also assumedly can use it with ETS2 as well.

I couldn't add the ATS executable to the ETS2 profile because the Inspector complained that the ATS executable already had a profile of its own.

But yeah.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ARGH! There is no loving way cops can instantly know you are "speeding" by 1 mph! Bullshit. :argh:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Poil posted:

ARGH! There is no loving way cops can instantly know you are "speeding" by 1 mph! Bullshit. :argh:

I remember my very first speeding ticket in the game. Going down a ramp onto the main highway, I apparently broke the 35 mph speed limit and a cop car down on the highway "somehow" discovered it, even though they were going parallel with my direction and were lower in the terrain than me. And, of course, the highway had a speed limit of 70 mph, which I was far below. Pretty sure there is no way you would get ticketed for that in real life. The triggers definitely need reworking.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 6, 2016

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I wonder if the cop's direction affects tickets. When I pass a cop going the other direction on a 2-lane highway, at about 120, they don't flash their lights.

:shrug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

LT and RT are considered an axis by most games, unless the developer has specifically added Xbox gamepad support. ETS2/ATS does not have specific support, so each trigger looks like an axis. The easiest way to tell if a program has support is to look at the way buttons are mapped. If the button map shows the actual button instead of just a number, then the program natively supports Xbox controllers.

Which sucks because I want to bind my right stick to functions rather than an axis.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Which sucks because I want to bind my right stick to functions rather than an axis.

There is undoubtedly a 3rd party program you can download for this. I can't for the life of me remember what it is but I think it might be xpadder? Maybe that's something else?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Welp, this game made me go sign up for my CDL.

Added to testimonials!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'm done with ATS for now. Visited every city, covered most of the map. It just doesn't have the zen feeling that comes with ETS2. Between the infuriatingly insane time compression, the constant speed limit changes, oppressive policing and a claustrophobic map, it feels like a twitchy meth fueled speedrun bonanza instead of the laid back, mellow sightseeing journey. If I wanted to pay attention to every sign and brake and accelerate like a madman, I'd leave home at 7am and join the morning commute.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

xergm posted:

I looked at it, and it did pull a playlist file down.

Here's the link I got from it. Seems to play in VLC. Haven't tested it in-game though.
http://c4.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/1929/playlist.m3u8

Did not work. Seems like my local stations are not going to work with ATS.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

I played the hell out of ETS2, and I'm currently playing the hell out of ATS. I can't wait until they release more areas, I'm creeping up on 90% of the map explored. Just grinding out the bux so I can buy more garages and hire more people and finally realize my dream of running a drug smuggling totally legit trucking company! Anyways, here's some screenshots I took:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh c'mon, it's no worse than trying to drive around France.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Any advice for not accidentally bankrupting yourself when buying a truck / hiring people etc? I've finally played this enough that it will matter if I screw up.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Multiplayer is out http://truckersmp.com/

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Can I play with and without multiplayer on the same profile interchangeably?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

Any advice for not accidentally bankrupting yourself when buying a truck / hiring people etc? I've finally played this enough that it will matter if I screw up.

I wrote a quick and dirty guide on the previous page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post455922009

If that link doesn't work, click the question mark under my avatar and it'll be in there somewhere.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
It's worth noting that, unless they changed it for ATS, you can't actually bankrupt yourself. You can always take quick jobs, and at some point the bank will be like WELP and stop charging you interest until you dig yourself out.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

FredMSloniker posted:

It's worth noting that, unless they changed it for ATS, you can't actually bankrupt yourself. You can always take quick jobs, and at some point the bank will be like WELP and stop charging you interest until you dig yourself out.

Immersion ruined. If I'm not being curb-stomped by corporate America then what is even the point?

Some simulator.

0/10

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Harmburger posted:

Can I play with and without multiplayer on the same profile interchangeably?

You can use the same profile, but you will want to use different saves unless you are a filthy cheater. The real vs. sim time means you get billions of dollars.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I was on Highway 99 entering Stockton and the speed limit went from 70 to 40 to 35 to 65 to 30.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManicJason posted:

You can use the same profile, but you will want to use different saves unless you are a filthy cheater. The real vs. sim time means you get billions of dollars.

Don't do quick jobs, you NEED your own truck to play online

Also be careful with alt-tabbing out.

I started my first quick-job after connecting to try it out, and alt tabbed a few times to see if there were any special things I needed to know about running multiplayer

By the time i got to my destination (100miles or so), it said my trip took 15,000 hours, and my driving was now some insane number :lol:

I guess alt-tabbing REALLY fucks with the time compression or something

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

I love eating a burger at "Burger". What a great diner.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

shortspecialbus posted:

I wrote a quick and dirty guide on the previous page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post455922009

If that link doesn't work, click the question mark under my avatar and it'll be in there somewhere.

Heh, the one time I don't check back through the thread before asking, it is one page back.

The only thing I am still wondering is what is the 20K for? Just in case a job goes awry? Do you get in trouble if you have an interest payment and it puts you into debt? (I know in real life this would, but I don't know about the game.)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I have another question about ETS2 with a bunch of map mods (Thanks for all the help I got on that earlier to those who responded to my questions): It doesn't seem possible to be on time with a lot of deliveries, unless you never sleep. I've been pretty thorough in experimenting before I complain, but whether it be a 900km contract or a 2000km contract, it seems that if you have to snooze, you lose. It's forced me to turn fatigue simulation off, which I didn't want to do but I don't want to be dinged for being late, even when I'm constantly speeding to make up the time.

So my question is: Is this a problem with map mods or something else? I have to confess that I haven't played vanilla enough to know if the same problem exists, but it really doesn't seem possible to be on time at the moment without just not sleeping, which can only benefit you so much and isn't viable for the really long hauls.

On another note, though, even with 20:1 compression, ETS2 with map mods is truly massive and incredible. I can't wait until we have a similar playable area in ATS, especially with DLC/mods that go to Canada and South America. I really want to drive through actual jungles. Give me a 1-2 hundred mile straight shot parallel to the Amazon River. I don't care how authentic the road is, I just want to drive it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have another question about ETS2 with a bunch of map mods (Thanks for all the help I got on that earlier to those who responded to my questions): It doesn't seem possible to be on time with a lot of deliveries, unless you never sleep. I've been pretty thorough in experimenting before I complain, but whether it be a 900km contract or a 2000km contract, it seems that if you have to snooze, you lose. It's forced me to turn fatigue simulation off, which I didn't want to do but I don't want to be dinged for being late, even when I'm constantly speeding to make up the time.

So my question is: Is this a problem with map mods or something else? I have to confess that I haven't played vanilla enough to know if the same problem exists, but it really doesn't seem possible to be on time at the moment without just not sleeping, which can only benefit you so much and isn't viable for the really long hauls.

On another note, though, even with 20:1 compression, ETS2 with map mods is truly massive and incredible. I can't wait until we have a similar playable area in ATS, especially with DLC/mods that go to Canada and South America. I really want to drive through actual jungles. Give me a 1-2 hundred mile straight shot parallel to the Amazon River. I don't care how authentic the road is, I just want to drive it.

That sounds an awful lot like a mod problem. I have yet to come across a regular contract using any of the official map DLC that would let you take impossible contracts. I suppose that if you had maximum bad timing — i.e. you're forced to sleep both at the very beginning and very end — on a contract that is just about to expire, you might run across something that'll be tricky to finish, but even then, you'd most likely be able to make up for it by speeding a bit.

From what I can remember, the estimated travel times (which are the basis for whether an offer is available or not) are based on an average speed of 60kph. If you drive at 80, that means you have a 25% time buffer to fit sleep, temporary speed limits, and the occasional back road into (I'm not counting city travel since the time compression is lower there). That should be plenty for all but the most extreme cases.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Tippis posted:

That sounds an awful lot like a mod problem. I have yet to come across a regular contract using any of the official map DLC that would let you take impossible contracts. I suppose that if you had maximum bad timing — i.e. you're forced to sleep both at the very beginning and very end — on a contract that is just about to expire, you might run across something that'll be tricky to finish, but even then, you'd most likely be able to make up for it by speeding a bit.

From what I can remember, the estimated travel times (which are the basis for whether an offer is available or not) are based on an average speed of 60kph. If you drive at 80, that means you have a 25% time buffer to fit sleep, temporary speed limits, and the occasional back road into (I'm not counting city travel since the time compression is lower there). That should be plenty for all but the most extreme cases.

Eeek. Thanks for the input. I guess now I'm asking is what the specific cause could be so I can take measures to fix it. My mods/load order is as follows (I've had no issues at all with this so far):

Project Balkans Def Package
Project Balkans Map Package
Project Balkans Assets Package
Promods + Rusmap Road Connection
Rusmap Road Package
Rusmap Model Package
Promods Definition Package
Promods Map Package
Promods Media Package
Promods Models Package 2
Promods Models Package 1
Promods Assets Package
Rusmap Def Package
SGate Weather Mod
FAEL-Environment 2.6

Hopefully I can sort this out, since I like the idea of having to sleep occasionally, given that it's a simulator, and sometimes it give me a good excuse to fast forward to daytime, when there's more to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Mr Scumbag posted:

Are you doing online contracts? You can't sleep during those. All other deliveries should be possible. Do you mean that you don't get enough time to complete a delivery including the driving and sleeping time?