Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

zecumbe posted:

Also, Im a member of these orgs and will post inside info soon :

1. You need a platinum account to view this message.
2. You need a platinum account to view this message.
3. You need a platinum account to view this message.
4. You need a platinum account to view this message.
5. You need a platinum account to view this message.
6. You need a platinum account to view this message.

:vince:
Let us know all about it commando o1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NfI5RDqdM

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

Doesn't matter it all adds to the resume which is now:

Best business woman in the world ever since she was a little girl. Single handedly masterminded a 100 million dollar marketing campaign.

The anchor woman on 4 popular internet shows.which she wrote and produced

Acted with A list celebs including Gary Parpman, Mark Hamill, Mark Strong, Gillian Anderson and some other people.

Has a degree in pretty much whatever you like. On request.

I'd employ her that's one of the best CV's I've ever seen.

As for Jabba ..... Hes hosed when this thing goes up

:bravo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chin posted:

They go to the bar earlier in the video and the TVs seem to only show advertisements for ships.

Well what did you think they'd advertise for???

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I can't wait for SQ42 to get a 4.3 on Metacritic and diehards to respond "wow someone doesn't know how game development works" and "YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NOTHING"

Speaking of not knowing how game development works:

Thread closed for not understanding game development

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I can't wait for SQ42 to get a 4.3 on Metacritic and diehards to respond "wow someone doesn't know how game development works" and "YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NOTHING"

CIG probably doesn't have nearly enough money or clout to buy that magic 8.5 metacritic average, nobody will play nice because they sure as poo poo won't be blacklisted for next game CIG won't be making.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:aaa:

Teach me, senpai

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

tumbleweeds confirmed hangar ready in 2.2

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Musings on the magic of procedural generation

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BeefThief posted:

2 weeks

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Double post soz

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BeefThief posted:

No, silly. Don't you know anything about game development?
What it's actually showing is that the entire desert moves. The “tumbleweeds” are just location-sensitive vending machines that react to the local physics.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

:aaa:

Teach me, senpai

you're than man what you talking about?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Kakarot posted:

:allears:

Sandi is just amazing

I know it's old hat but

not a cult

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:bravo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Showdown at high noon

in two weeks

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mirificus posted:

Speaking of not knowing how game development works:

Thread closed for not understanding game development

just as funny the second time

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

A masterpiece

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kakarot posted:

so did Lowtax give anyone an account?

yes but he didn't want "christo_roberto" so he melted it but since it was a gift he got $0 store credit so he bought a new account for :10bux:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

yes but he didn't want "christo_roberto" so he melted it but since it was a gift he got $0 store credit so he bought a new account for :10bux:

If he charges it back will lowtax take 2 random avatars from other goons?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Mendrian posted:

"I can roleplay in a white sandbox therefore, GOTY 2016."

Someone should do some of these 'player generated' missions but for completely retarded stuff. Advanced Objective:Help Goku defend Namek.

Objective: Build a giant Goku in Minecraft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yup. Perfect. Nothing quite like having the Director of Community Engagement and Online Strategy say "Nothing's finished" when you're denying refunds on the basis of delivering the product.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

But are the birds more not finished.

This is important.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wafflz posted:

If he charges it back will lowtax take 2 random avatars from other goons?

If he touches mine ill sue. ILL SUE LOTAX. I SWEAR IT.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kramjacks posted:

Objective: Build a giant Goku in Minecraft.

Objective : finally feel a father's love

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's also what you should expect for the gameplay in SQ42, as Ben already confirmed what you see is what you get.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup. Perfect. Nothing quite like having the Director of Community Engagement and Online Strategy say "Nothing's finished" when you're denying refunds on the basis of delivering the product.

Id just like to point out that Imperial Guard > orks. Also, Eldar > orks. And Dark Eldar > Orks. Oh, and the Chaos, there not as cool as orks. but Necron > orks.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Id just like to point out that Imperial Guard > orks. Also, Eldar > orks. And Dark Eldar > Orks. Oh, and the Chaos, there not as cool as orks. but Necron > orks.

I believe you mean Astra Militarum

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Good news everyone, the free fly weekend has become the free fly two weeks! So if you don't need those 30gb for one of the many better games currently available, you can crash into people's chariots with even more of the fidelity you've come to expect.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Well, you see, they set a cutoff date of say... 20 february for 2.2. If something isn't done by then it won't be in the patch, so to answer your question: maybe!

Page 1780 catte

From 1780, this is a very good catte

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

grimcreaper posted:

What about Tau?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BeefThief posted:

Good news everyone, the free fly weekend has become the free fly two weeks! So if you don't need those 30gb for one of the many better games currently available, you can crash into people's chariots with even more of the fidelity you've come to expect.

so curious about the numbers they're getting from this...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BeefThief posted:

Remember to eva to the constellation's front window and jump in the pilot's seat from there. There is no possible way for them to beat you to it from the elevator.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Wow. I mean I envy people that have crazy self-confidence, but this is borderline clinical.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The free fly week is kind of funny because all the people trying it who don't really know/care one way or another about SC tend to be floored by how janky and hard to pick up it is, especially after they find out it's a 105+ million dollar game.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so curious about the numbers they're getting from this...

If twitch is anything to go by, a disappointing amount

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What about Tau?

I love the Tau tech and looks, but they are bad. Like, evil bad. Orks are just nuts so they are better than Tau.

Orks are awesome in their own right, but the Imperial Guard are just.. well, lets solve the problem with BANE BLADES FOR EVERYTHING.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

In the realm of questions I already know the answer to- have they (Ben, Lando, any of the devs) provided any examples of where parts of their development process have accelerated? I know they constantly like to say "things are really picking up!", but is there an activity or activity group in the project they can point to and say "it used to take us X hours to do this design doc, now it takes us 1/2 that!" or something?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone said that video needs to be linked as evidence when ever pursuing a chargeback. I really think that video link needs to be put in as a response to any refund denial and that Ben and Jared both signed off that the game wasn't finished by a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

In the realm of questions I already know the answer to- have they (Ben, Lando, any of the devs) provided any examples of where parts of their development process have accelerated? I know they constantly like to say "things are really picking up!", but is there an activity or activity group in the project they can point to and say "it used to take us X hours to do this design doc, now it takes us 1/2 that!" or something?

Now that the new pipeline is in pre-alpha things are going to be much faster.

• Locked thread