Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Fun Fact: Sandi auditioned for the lead actress part but she was turned down

Is this a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Daztek posted:

Does this game have birds? If not, that's a deal breaker

Only three birds you'll ever need, son:

Eonwe posted:

I'm too dumb to do more than kill a pirate or two and then get interdicted by someone way out of my league and completely destroyed but if you aren't an idiot go have fun

You are stronger than you know. Believe in you are self :unsmith:

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Also if you join up you can get on voice chat and find out why his name is so

:jiggled:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yes, kermit, you're doing the lords work

Join diamond frogs

Meet frogbear, find out why he's called kermit, and have fun with goons.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Haskell9 posted:

At one time you did, or at least you planned to.

The response in question

The blog post cited in the response

I only paid :10bux: so my question is still what it was that made you change your mind.

Oh that. Miscommunication there. Those are the tier bundles. I ended up capping it at $59.99 http://lodmmo.com/store/

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

I'm too dumb to do more than kill a pirate or two and then get interdicted by someone way out of my league and completely destroyed but if you aren't an idiot go have fun

Submit to the interdiction then supercruise immediately after the cool down (submitting makes your cool down way faster than losing)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

Seconded. I would love to join the Diamond Frogs, but too poor for plastic. Makes Steam purchases tough.

I thought about hooking up with them, but :effort:

Its difficult to play the game for more than a few hours every few months. Still trying to grind out a Python, not even to the fittings yet.

Hell I don't even remember what ship I have now. Its the one size smaller Python? :shrug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Romes128 posted:

Submit to the interdiction then supercruise immediately after the cool down (submitting makes your cool down way faster than losing)

I haven't had much trouble maneuvering out of the interdictions - is that not always an option?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

I haven't had much trouble maneuvering out of the interdictions - is that not always an option?

You can, but some interdictions take forever and your better off just submitting then running like a bitch

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
A thread or two ago I had no luck trying to find a video of kids talking about some made up fake playground game like I played in grade school, wanted to post it to make fun of folks talking about what SC was gonna be like. Fast forward and people are straight up making up playground I'M A SECURITY OCCIFER WITH A GUN UPGRADE games in the baby poo haha

#notacult #notascam #freekismenus

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

I think we'll be back to the one-note hate train sooner than later. 2016 is going to be a long, dark year for CIG, but I don't expect too many more publically visible fuckups beyond what we've seen. Mid-to-late 2015 is when CIG revealed the kinds of people they are, with drawing first blood against Derek (regardless of opinions of him, that was not a good move), releasing their POS PTU, and using that to start denying refunds. The Beer email exchange showed the world what the VP of marketing is for this "company". Early this year they made the SQ42 push and then announced the ingame shop to take in more cash, while cancelling Star Marine. Tide turning on their own forums from former believers, and they're shut down as fast as they show up. They're not even disguising their attempts to quell dissent. So now the mask is off - CIG has turned into a full-fledged scam.

Now CIG has all the pieces on the board, exactly where they want them, for better or worse. Now they go into a holding pattern, with occasional irrelevant PTU patches, and invisible work on SQ42. The question to me is how many major players will jump ship this year - each person leaving delays the project. I know the mantra is "there's always more, and it's always worse" but at this point, what could possibly surface that would surprise anyone? It would be like finding a few more bodies under a floorboard somewhere that are linked to Al Capone. Not too many people would bat an eye at that. They're just gonna ride this out now. I hope I'm wrong and there are new lulz around the corner.

^this. All of it.

:bravo:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wulfling posted:

I thought about hooking up with them, but :effort:

Its difficult to play the game for more than a few hours every few months. Still trying to grind out a Python, not even to the fittings yet.

Hell I don't even remember what ship I have now. Its the one size smaller Python? :shrug:

If it is a multi-role ship, it's probably the Asp. You can do poo poo-tons in the Asp.

Including use a thing to go to a place to do a thing that I am not at liberty to talk about in public but conveniently can just fine on the DF discord server :smug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

When this all collapses - as it most certainly will - we're going to remember all these rear end-clowns. All of them.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

drat, this wonderful cat looks exactly like Tjuormas. Norwegian forest cat, I assume? Deaf from the white fur gene?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
1789 pages late on this - someone else may have mentioned it - in the OP I just now noticed in one of the photoshops showing Derek addressing people (the scenes from the SQ42 trailer) there's a "BEER4THEBEERGOD" placard in the lower-right. in mirror image. I have NO IDEA how I missed that for months. Whoever made that deserves all my :five:s. I love attention to detail.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

When this all collapses - as it most certainly will - we're going to remember all these rear end-clowns. All of them.

I'm just looking forward to seeing grown men cry on stream.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

D_Smart posted:

^this. All of it.

Btw I have been afraid to ask but as long as I am here feeling randy, I been looking for something to launch, and likely destroy, my let's play-ing career because let's face it, there's only so many markets open to a dude sounding like Kermit the Frog.

Has there been any formal Let's Plays of your game, Line of Defense? I am fairly neutral on it, would like to go into it cold, also I do not wish to be sued. How many US veterans have you sued, would being a vet incline you to sue harder, softer, etc, lastly how much could I swear on this hypothetical LP before being sued.

I realize this thread is about imaginary games in development hell so I apologize if this is off topic.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

1789 pages late on this - someone else may have mentioned it - in the OP I just now noticed in one of the photoshops showing Derek addressing people (the scenes from the SQ42 trailer) there's a "BEER4THEBEERGOD" placard in the lower-right. in mirror image. I have NO IDEA how I missed that for months. Whoever made that deserves all my :five:s. I love attention to detail.
Thank you--it was a fidelity thing.

(Plus, the narrative that Derek was now "leading the goons" and "corrupting Beer" was starting to raise its head, and it was pretty obvious it was going to stick...)

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Ag Bengip posted:

drat, this wonderful cat looks exactly like Tjuormas. Norwegian forest cat, I assume? Deaf from the white fur gene?

She's a Norwegian Forest Cat but has perfect hearing in both ears. We got her from a really excellent breeder & she had her hearing tests included with her paperwork. She's the best cat I've ever had.

When she was very little she had a little sooty thumbprint on her forehead that faded as she grew up. Now she's entirely white from head to toe. Evidently her little smudge means she's far less likely to carry the deaf genes.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Literally Kermit posted:

Hi, ho! Kermit "Big Frog" Laphroaig here, and I am the leader and chief cook & bottle-washer of the Diamond Frogs, Elite: Dangerous' answer to Goonfleet, or whatever.

Recently came to my attention 20-loving-thousand posts back that Lowtax is giving out free accounts to CIG Forum refugees, so's they can talk about Star Citizen in a non-toxic environment/general deprogrammification. And it was an actual account, not a jpeg of an account.

For those new goons, here's the skinny: a lot of goons were Star Citizen backers, and most of them bailed months ago. A great deal bought into Elite: Dangerous and, despite Frontier Developments best efforts, most are still playing. Since Star Citizen has been the greatest Elite: Dangerous recruiting tool I have ever seen, I wanted to do something for you poor unfortunate souls now forced to turn to the comedy forums of Something Awful.

So, if you wanna try out the base game which is like 15 bucks on steam, but don't want to spend several hours getting into a cooler ship, I am offering help to any former Star Citizen backer, past present and future, to help them get going towards the ship of their dreams.

Now I am not going to help you grind out a 150 million credit Anaconda overnight - but I can help you get into something like, say, an Asp to jump-start your Commandering Career like a goddamn pro, and give you tips and things. A couple million credits and a pat on the rear end later and you'll be dancing, friend. All for zero actual real life dollars. Holy poo poo! No catch. Holier poo poo!!

You'll also be honorary members of the Diamond Frogs (ok one catch) because as many complaints as Elite gets, it's a game that really needs a thriving community to shine. People need something to do, and we will give it to them, by Jesus. Sure, we might slap you into an Eagle with no shields and just railguns for an "adventure" but at the moment you have no idea what that means, nor the general significance of the :getin: emote, so we'll kill two birds with one stone.

Ready? :getin:

To apply, just go to this thread and follow the instructions in the first post. In your application. Throw in a "PAAAAARP" in the form or application, so we know you're down with the sickness. That way we know what money making schemeswe want to test out on you proven stable income methods to assign you.

You'll be out of your starter sidewinder and into a cozy Viper Mk IV in no time at all, Commando! Except in this game you actually ARE playing as a Commander, not an alpha as one. Wear it with pride.

I am sure this post will get buried soon so pass this poo poo the gently caress on. Tell it to your friends. Like flames passed on from torch to torch let the legend of the Diamond Frogs grow.

See you at Mother Goat, Commanders. o7

PSA reminder that if you go back through PGabz's youtube far enough, you will find some very helpful and informative combat tutorials he made for Elite:Dangerous. It is thanks to these videos that I am a better pilot today than I was when I started playing E:D :pgabz:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
...because I can

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/696136092102369280

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/696136201179394048

Tech: Custom built /w some middleware

Team: Less than two dozen at any one time

Budget: less than $20M

Dev time: Year 5

Fucks given: none

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I got banned from gamespot for posting something like this on the article:

quote:

I used to have doubts about Star Citizen, but they all disappeared after I watched the genius Chris Roberts demonstrate the game he's been working on for the past four years during the recent Xmas livestream. The game looks amazing! You should all check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Comment deleted and account banned within a minute.

gently caress gamespot. lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Romes128 posted:

I'm just looking forward to seeing grown men cry on stream.

Grown men with beards none the less

*Hiccup snort splutter* "I still remember the tear in Chris's eyes when He announced the servers would be shutting down. There has never been such a disgraceful betrayal in video game history - if only we backers had done our part and supported Him more, this would never have happened. Thank you Wulge for those $4, hope you're doing better, we're all in this together." *Cries quietly to three minutes of SC screencaps*

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

^this. All of it.

You really liked the new Star Wars, didnt you?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Literally Kermit posted:

a dude sounding like Kermit the Frog.

Welp, no reason to join you now that theres no mystery left

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

D_Smart posted:

...because I can

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/696136092102369280

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/696136201179394048

Tech: Custom built /w some middleware

Team: Less than two dozen at any one time

Budget: less than $20M

Dev time: Year 5

Fucks given: none

I said I wanted to go in cold, Derek.

Does it work with a T-flight HOTAS X? Also can I jump out of my ship, blast another ship with a rocket launcher while falling back into my ship?

This is not a deal breaker but I would not be exactly sad if you said 'yes and more'

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kakarot posted:

Welp, no reason to join you now that theres no mystery left

Technically, this would include the actual Kermit the Frog in the set "dudes who sound like Kermit the Frog"

makes u think :jiggled:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Literally Kermit posted:

I said I wanted to go in cold, Derek.

Does it work with a T-flight HOTAS X? Also can I jump out of my ship, blast another ship with a rocket launcher while falling back into my ship?

This is not a deal breaker but I would not be exactly sad if you said 'yes and more'

Yes.

Yes.

And much - much - more

ps: we have wingsuits! and jetpacks

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

In addition to writing Jump Point articles and News Updates, Associate Writer Adam Wieser tackled a pretty massive S42 task: conforming the scripts to accurately reflect the dialogue recorded during last year’s performance shoot. A laborious process for sure, but now that it’s complete, the designers will no longer need to hunt down footage to see how scenes played out.

Remember that massive loving script Chris was so proud of? Apparently nobody loving read it.

Going back many pages, but doesn't this pretty much confirm that this was just an excuse for Chris and Sandi to piss about with some famous actors?

Also, I've been having some good results growing cats in window boxes:

Will I be able to do this in SC's farming simulation sections, and will I need a seperate ship to grow dogs?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Has Chris ever been able to successfully demonstrate playing his game? Or does he always look like he's never touched a computer before?

e: I'm posting this video again, because it is the best deterrent to stop inquisitive friends from sending crobizzle cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

Has Chris ever been able to successfully demonstrate playing his game? Or does he always look like he's never touched a computer before?

e: I'm posting this video again, because it is the best deterrent to stop inquisitive friends from sending crobizzle cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

12.48 - 13.45 kills me every time

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

12.48 - 13.45 kills me every time

Stream woulda been good if he hired you on to DJ for him.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
BtW Pgabz Elite Tutorial is now required view for here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIBgzsTDtQ

This is some fine flying if I do say so

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I wish I could have logged onto the PTU when CR was on, and crashed into his ship on the landing pad, and left this message in the chat box:

"Derek Smart sends his regards."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

Stream woulda been good if he hired you on to DJ for him.

Oh I would enjoy that :)

Literally Kermit posted:

BtW Pgabz Elite Tutorial is now required view for here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIBgzsTDtQ

This is some fine flying if I do say so

ha ha after all this time my top tips are still valid :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ahhahaha :wtchris:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
http://www.twitch.tv/geekdomo/v/41522304?t=45m32s

CIG showed the thread's second favorite anime enthusiast something so amazing he gets choked up just talking about it. It would totally change everyone's mind if they saw it but it's not ready yet.

CIG is not in the practice of releasing unpolished things, you see.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chin posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/geekdomo/v/41522304?t=45m32s

CIG showed the thread's second favorite anime enthusiast something so amazing he gets choked up just talking about it. It would totally change everyone's mind if they saw it but it's not ready yet.

CIG is not in the practice of releasing unpolished things, you see.

That guy. I mean seriously, "show that one loving image - and you will get a million subscribers". There is so much hyperbole right there, I can smell it from here.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

D_Smart posted:

That guy. I mean seriously, "show that one loving image - and you will get a million subscribers". There is so much hyperbole right there, I can smell it from here.

Well to be fair most Citizens are in it for images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sedisp posted:

Well to be fair most Citizens are in it for images.

:thurman:

• Locked thread