Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
This segment is terrible other than Daryl Halligan's trick shot from the sideline 10m out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

A real warrior start, this

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Did well to be within two tries there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

25% completion.

I think I've put my finger on why the warriors are behind at the moment

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How was that a knock-on by the Warriors?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
God loving dammit Johnson better not be seriously hurt.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

How was that a knock-on by the Warriors?

It wasn't, it should have been accidental offside against them. Same result, anyway.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Thank gently caress it's just a cork.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Warriors getting schooled by Corey Norman

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Warriors getting schooled by Corey Norman

Embarrassing for everyone involved

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
loving Paramatta winning a trophy :barf:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wow the wheels came off pretty fast there.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Bed status: Still shat

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Parramatta successfully disappoint an entire stadium, yet again

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eels are the better team, and are outplaying the Warriors at every area. They're just falling apart under pressure, and the little things are going against them, like injuries at inopportune moments.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eels get done for 9s salary cap breaches

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DCE looks to be pinging on something hard

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Anyone use NRL Digital Pass and if so, is it geolocked? It's a pain in the rear end to watch matches in the US and it's way easier (and cheaper) to watch games on demand than FS+. With the conversion rate right now, it's pretty favorable to do a year subscription for an American.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Akileese posted:

Anyone use NRL Digital Pass and if so, is it geolocked? It's a pain in the rear end to watch matches in the US and it's way easier (and cheaper) to watch games on demand than FS+. With the conversion rate right now, it's pretty favorable to do a year subscription for an American.

I think it is because I'm pretty sure there's a product they have for the international market.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

iajanus posted:

I think it is because I'm pretty sure there's a product they have for the international market.

Oh yeah so it is. Well that's lame. I looked and there's no international option except the "international broadcast" streaming site, which you need to use a VPN to get around the geoblock for. They claim fox has the rights, but fox soccer 2 go doesn't even carry all the matches and it's $20 a month which is absolutely preposterous.

Oh well whatever. It's 2016, if I want to give someone money for a service I should be able to. I mostly don't trust fox at all since their sports2go platform is one of the worst I've ever used.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Akileese posted:

Oh yeah so it is. Well that's lame. I looked and there's no international option except the "international broadcast" streaming site, which you need to use a VPN to get around the geoblock for. They claim fox has the rights, but fox soccer 2 go doesn't even carry all the matches and it's $20 a month which is absolutely preposterous.

Oh well whatever. It's 2016, if I want to give someone money for a service I should be able to. I mostly don't trust fox at all since their sports2go platform is one of the worst I've ever used.

Livestream.com/nrl will let you stream and watch replays with a way to get around geoblocking. Unblock us is a good paid option but zenmate is also fine. They have free trials as well, also good for Netflix but less essential for those not in the USA

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Livestream is the best option and from memory will work without geoblocking in the US and Germany. Not sure what other countries can watch without vpn/proxy.

If you're just watching in a browser I've found Browsec for chrome to be pretty good, I've streamed footy at 720p with a US IP before.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Caught my first super league game on fox tonight, the Wigan vs Catalans game. I really enjoyed it but have to ask, do they usually play in that much mud? It was like a game at Brookvale but without the broken glass and dog poo poo. Also your steveo and eddie make the channel 9 clowns seem like towering intellects.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

Caught my first super league game on fox tonight, the Wigan vs Catalans game. I really enjoyed it but have to ask, do they usually play in that much mud? It was like a game at Brookvale but without the broken glass and dog poo poo. Also your steveo and eddie make the channel 9 clowns seem like towering intellects.

Thats just February in England, since we moved to playing in the Summer you don't see it too often, there's generally a few games like it at the start of the season though. It used to be like that all the time when we played in the winter, I remember a ref mistaking Jimmy Pickering (big fijian playing for Workington, he also played in Aus for the bulldogs) for one of Castlefords players (big english guy playing for the other team) because they were so covered in mud.

Stevo is retiring at the end of the season, hopefully Eddie will go with him :toot: I doubt there's a worse commentary team on the planet in any sport.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Stevo is retiring at the end of the season, hopefully Eddie will go with him :toot: I doubt there's a worse commentary team on the planet in any sport.

I wish Sky just used the team that they always send down to France for Catalans home games all the time. No Phil Clarke, Stevo or Eddie and the coverage is miles better because of it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I wonder if I could get a job as US commentator for rugby league matches broadcast in the US. Since they're all on delay anyway, they could send me the streams and I could add commentary in time for whenever they show them on ESPN9 or whatever.

They probably wouldn't approve of the level of profanity I use, though.

edit:

ili posted:

Remember that many of those stadiums are also used for soccer, so they keep the grass shorter and it's less sturdy as a result. But yes, mostly it's just England weather. We have that poo poo in the US too.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 9, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've been tempted to do a commentary track for some of the games I watch but I'm not sure how many people would want to listen to me go on a ten minute tangent about exactly how terrible the Tigers are or how Queensland were the ultimate beneficiaries of Melbourne cheating the salary cap.

All tied up in a thousand profanities.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

ili posted:

Couldn't have been worse than the conditions at the broncos/cowboy trial on saturday: http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/02/08/trial_broncos_v_cowb.html

Apparently Greg Eden impressed enough in that trial to get a ticket to the WCC game, either him or Opacic on the wing replacing Maranta

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
There's hundreds of anime and other nerd stuff reaction/live watch series on YouTube, I'm sure they could handle one about sports.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
In the modern age, we have forgotten how to think or feel about things and rely on strangers on the internet to do our thinking and feeling for us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Here, watch a reaction video for some guidance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7oKSFoIrBQ

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wait, people watch video of other people watching and reacting to video? Thank gently caress I don't keep up to date with internet things anymore.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Wait, people watch video of other people watching and reacting to video? Thank gently caress I don't keep up to date with internet things anymore.

There's entire channels on Youtube dedicated to watching the reactions of old/young people when they see new/old technology/bands/etc

Society can die in a fire at this point and it'll be fine with me because the Tigers have already won their premiership and it's only downhill from here

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The world ends when the Magpie flies alone.

All hail Tommy.

Send more pills.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

So is Joseph Tapine really worth the $1.5 million that the Raiders have apparently just signed him on? Seems like a lot of money for another 2RF unless they plan to push Fensom until he disintegrates and use him for spare parts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He will be if Canberra doesn't ruin him

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I doubt hes on that. Just spin from the knights to calm down the fans. Still a good exciting signing. We are still a prop short though.,

Clubs always say players leave for overs and stay for unders.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Ricky does love paying overs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
32-6 to Salford. :stare: What the gently caress is going on? That 1st half was embarrassing. Truly awful performance from the whole team.

Edit. 44-10 final score. Amazing performance from Salford, and an appalling one from St. Helens. We haven't played that badly in a long time.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 11, 2016

• Locked thread