Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

I honestly don't remember where they went, other than the Today Show to be interviewed.

Whenever anyone in the family sees someone dressed in, let's say, less than modest clothing (anything that could give a young Duggar boy a hard on), they say "NIKE!" and everyone (the boys) are supposed to stare at the ground, so their innocent eyes do not become unclean by the site of female flesh.

The saddest thing about this episode is that the kids wanted to why there were no children anywhere, and it was because they didn't know what school was.

IIRC they stopped at a creationist museum on the way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Strange, have tlc forgotten the last time the strange brood was on and lots of ads were pulled?
Why do tlc think its not going to happen this time around as well?

I can sense a goon project coming up.

staberind fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 6, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

staberind posted:

Strange, have tlc forgotten the last time the strange brood was on and lots of ads were pulled?

Because all of those morals go out the window when the general public tunes in (out of genuine interest or out of sick curiosity) to the show. This publicity for the family was SO bad that it's swung the money train back into their favour, so advertisers are back in. Maybe not the same ones as before, but enough.

poo poo, if I were selling anything, I'd be vying for that spot.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cuz he Jimmed his Bob all up inside
Of that doomed for life baby-Duggar output-slide
Burned his name into her memories
Took a quiverfull poo poo on her sanctity
They'll cover it up, so none can see

Maybe next time she'll think before she speaks

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol this thread keeps getting jim bobbed I can't believe

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

staberind posted:

I think Bob, Jim's original plan before Josh went and duggared it up was to expand into shows for his older kids. Josh would have a show, Jessa would have a show, and so on.

Josh's show is now dead and honestly 19 Kids and Counting is probably toast as well. My guess is TLC's bringing Jim Bob back only long enough to get the sisters' shows going. Advertisers won't be as skittish about Jessa and Sturgeon or Jill and Ugly Aaron Rogers. Sure it's not Jim and Michelle, but as long as his kids are on the air he's still getting publicity for his church and movement. That's where the real money is.

Now if rumors are true and Jill is a fake missionary and Jessa leaves Sturgeon, then Jim Bob will have to put all his hopes on Josiah.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krispy Kareem posted:

I think Bob, Jim's original plan before Josh went and duggared it up was to expand into shows for his older kids. Josh would have a show, Jessa would have a show, and so on.

Josh's show is now dead and honestly 19 Kids and Counting is probably toast as well. My guess is TLC's bringing Jim Bob back only long enough to get the sisters' shows going. Advertisers won't be as skittish about Jessa and Sturgeon or Jill and Ugly Aaron Rogers. Sure it's not Jim and Michelle, but as long as his kids are on the air he's still getting publicity for his church and movement. That's where the real money is.

Now if rumors are true and Jill is a fake missionary and Jessa leaves Sturgeon, then Jim Bob will have to put all his hopes on Josiah.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to watch Josiah's search for the right man. :3:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

Spurgeon

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Unintentionally hilarious title. It's too bad that premarital sex never lived up the family standard.

Yeah, if it's not incestuous child molestation, you're falling short of the target, missy!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Haha someone got a settlement

https://twitter.com/danicadillon/status/695725820136988672

https://twitter.com/danicadillon/status/696064656398397440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I know nothing about cars, is that a Cadilac?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

I thought it was, but now it looks like a Chrysler 300.

Suck a Duggar, get a Chrysler. It's like getting screwed twice.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Krispy Kareem posted:

I thought it was, but now it looks like a Chrysler 300.

Suck a Duggar, get a Chrysler. It's like getting screwed twice.

:golfclap:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

PathAsc posted:

Cuz he Jimmed his Bob all up inside
Of that doomed for life baby-Duggar output-slide
Burned his name into her memories
Took a quiverfull poo poo on her sanctity
They'll cover it up, so none can see

Maybe next time she'll think before she speaks

Lol thank you for this

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

PassTheRemote posted:

Well whatcelsr is going to get the ratings for TLC?

Kody and the sister wives is pretty good. As is 90 day fiancé

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Really want to know what advertisers are good with child rape

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Most of them as long as it doesn't impact their brand overmuch.

E: Josh is probably not allowed on the "new" show, I imagine. Why those who sheltered him from the law and put his victims in further danger get a free pass, uh, Jesus I guess.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 7, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

FlamingLiberal posted:

pay attention to the previews next time you go to a woody allen movie or roman polanski movie or

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: Josh is probably not allowed on the "new" show, I imagine. Why those who sheltered him from the law and put his victims in further danger get a free pass, uh, Jesus I guess.
Well if you believe the family it's the media who are the real criminals for airing their dirty laundry

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Geoj posted:

Never work in or around retail.

this is really good advice for everybody

New york values

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

WhyteRyce posted:

Kody and the sister wives is pretty good. As is 90 day fiancé

My wife watches a ton of tlc poo poo, and I think I've mentioned it in this thread previously, but that sister wives garbage is the most boring dribble, it actually is the worst thing on there. Really, deep down, we all love a good trainwreck, we're posting in this thread, so let's not kid ourselves. But to say anything positive about sister wives, the most inane show on the channel, is preposterous. The most positive thing I can say about it is that at least it's not longer than it currently is. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 7, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My wife watches a ton of tlc poo poo, and I think I've mentioned it in this thread previously, but that sister wives garbage is the most boring dribble, it actually is the worst thing on there. Really, deep down, we all love a good trainwreck, we're posting in this thread, so let's not kid ourselves. But to say anything positive about sister wives, the most inane show on the channel, is preposterous. The most positive thing I can say about it is that at least it's not longer than it currently is. :colbert:

Kody is a clueless idiot who I enjoy laughing at. Also when they do things like try to explain their business to actual business people

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Link to the rumours please

WhyteRyce posted:

Kody is a clueless idiot who I enjoy laughing at. Also when they do things like try to explain their business to actual business people
This is exactly why I occasionally watch it with my wife. It's hilarious when they take themselves seriously or try to do something beyond doing a family vacation/trip

Otherwise it's the most boring tv show out there. There's three fat blondes and a brunette who all compete for attention by creating a shitload of innocuous drama while boohoohoo'ing about money as they sit in a bunch of massive houses sipping ice cold water in the middle of a god forsaken desert

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

TLC simply can't be bringing this back. There has to be a twist here: did the Duggars beg for at least half of what they got from their older shows? Is there going to be even more oversight? There's no way that TLC just decided out of the kindness of their hearts to bring back Lego Hair and His hosed Up Family of Retards just because one of their shows happened to do well.

I'm guessing there was a major salary cut here, along with some kind of penalty if another kid rapes another one.

TLC knows whats up. people are sick of being held back by PC culture. let freedom ring (pedophile cop friends for preferential treatment)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tusen Takk posted:

This is exactly why I occasionally watch it with my wife. It's hilarious when they take themselves seriously or try to do something beyond doing a family vacation/trip

Otherwise it's the most boring tv show out there. There's three fat blondes and a brunette who all compete for attention by creating a shitload of innocuous drama while boohoohoo'ing about money as they sit in a bunch of massive houses sipping ice cold water in the middle of a god forsaken desert

Weren't they originally from a state that outlawed polygamy? Then they made absolutely no effort to conceal their identities when they went on the air? Then they were surprised when the authorities told them polygamy was illegal?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I imagine Subway's not on the list.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tusen Takk posted:

Watching the brunette slowly morph into the other three is also amusing

They jump up and down tell anyone who listens or interviews then that Kody is a great dad who has time for everyone. And then one of the wives got catfished because she was lonely

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man imagine if mormonism was real and you lived on a planet where a mormon was god

ive got some bad news for you buddy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I would watch the gently caress of a Duggar show if they were sent on actual missionary work to a remote amazonian tribe.
One of the tribes that don't wear clothes, and all the male Duggars have to stare at the ground 99% of the time.
And one week they parachute in Josh.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

They jump up and down tell anyone who listens or interviews then that Kody is a great dad who has time for everyone. And then one of the wives got catfished because she was lonely

lmfao tru

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
can't wait for more jim bob on tv!!!! god bless!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

can't wait for more jim bob on tv!!!! god bless!!!

av/post, uh, combo?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

WhyteRyce posted:

I suspect with those extremely large families, especially pre-TLC money, the default diet is basically the cheapest available carb wads. This probably explains the puberty bus that hits the Duggar boys and turns formerly cute kids into puffy and bloated acne-ridden teenagers. Somehow the Duggar girls are more resistant, but the Kody clan isn't so lucky.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain von Trapp posted:

I suspect with those extremely large families, especially pre-TLC money, the default diet is basically the cheapest available carb wads. This probably explains the puberty bus that hits the Duggar boys and turns formerly cute kids into puffy and bloated acne-ridden teenagers. Somehow the Duggar girls are more resistant, but the Kody clan isn't so lucky.

Somewhere in this thread (I think) someone posted one of their "recipes" that was like, 1lb pre-made mashed potatoes (maybe tater tots?), 1lb canned processed cheesse, possibly mayo and/or sour cream, and bacon. It was so disgusting. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Not just the diet. She's lightened her hair too.

Also all four houses are the same I can't tell them apart. Same strip mall boutique decorations with those word art wall thingies.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can't watch this human garbage for 5 minutes, much less an episode.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Somewhere in this thread (I think) someone posted one of their "recipes" that was like, 1lb pre-made mashed potatoes (maybe tater tots?), 1lb canned processed cheesse, possibly mayo and/or sour cream, and bacon. It was so disgusting. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sounds like an unholy mix of their Tater Tot Casserole and Chili Frito Pie:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2010/03/tater-tot-casserole.html

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/02/duggar-no-fail-dinner.html

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Somehow the Duggar girls are more resistant,

20:1 odds the guys get big heaping plates of the glop "to grow big and strong!" and the girls get a salad and a couple spoons of glop "so they dont ruin their figure and repel a husband"
eating disorders run rampant in these cultures

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Thin Privilege posted:

Tater tot casserole? No bacon but it does involve six pounds of tater tots swimming in four cans of cream-of-crap soup:
http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2011/10/duggars-tater-tot-casserole.html

Michelle once mentioned they were so poor pre-TLC that she fed the brood "three-way rice" for dinner. That's rice with tomato sauce to start, then rice with butter and herbs, then rice + honey for dessert.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't think there was more than one kind of three way with the Duggars that sounds repulsive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't think there was more than one kind of three way with the Duggars that sounds repulsive

• Locked thread