Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A new day begins, after a long and bloody night. One went quietly...

:rip: TheCog, TOWN JAILER, has died on Night 3! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are Seaborne, a 'guard' and one of the higher-up people in the Astral Queen's pecking order. You're in charge of locking up the Queen's more troublesome inhabitants as needed.
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence your leaders and press-gang everyone aboard into service - they must be stopped! You refuse to be a slave!

You are a Jailer, and may ##jail one person each night. A jailed person's power will fail, and powers that target a jailed person will fail. You may not target yourself, and you may not target the same person on consecutive nights unless your action fails.

You win when there are no threats remaining aboard the Astral Queen.

The Jailer role has been inherited by a random Versatile Backup.

...and another is found clutching what looks like a scavenged first aid kit.

:rip: KingBurgundy, TOWN BACKUP DOC, has died on Night 3! :rip:

It is now Day 4. Deadline is 8:30 PM EST Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 4 :awesomelon:

Not Voting (8): 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo, GulagDolls, imgay, JakeP, Lumpen, Metos, Trasson :ffg:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 08th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Again, your forbearance and patience is appreciated. I'm finishing up a weekend of travel tomorrow and should be home by ~4ish, and then will be going out with my wife to watch the Super Bowl for a bit. In case of an early hammer, please be respectful. Thanks!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ay caramba

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
so who claimed jailer again?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote metos goddamnit

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
all town vote metos SK too please

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
New Jailer dont claim yet

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I repeat NEW JAILER DO NOT CLAIM WE NEED YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
either the scum will not vote metos and reveal themselves as we no lynch, or at least one will vote him to keep their cover

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

HMm..... metos must be third jailer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya pretty wacky

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone who doesn't vote metos is scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Gulag how could you

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

What a terrible choice for a SK kill, but lets be honest I was living on borrowed time since thecog's abandonment let me get away with that claim when it really shouldn't have.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

anyone who doesn't vote metos is scum

##Vote JakeP

oh shiiit that makes me scum

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
ps enjoy your poison from last night now that both doctors are dead, Mr Serial Killer scumbag. Might as well vote yourself out, because this game's over for you too.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
The game is over, sorry JakeP, you did really well.

JakeP is the SK, and we successfully Poisoned him last night. Doc's gone, and you can die in Jail of Poison. But JakeP can't be Jailed anyway because he is the SK.

##Vote JakeP let's wrap it up, or we can just no-lynch, we're not voting out Metos.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Aww, guys, the cavalry's arrived!

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
A choice between a vote that doesn't matter and a vote for the side I'm against.

politics.txt

It doesn't actually matter what I put down, I guess; which is good because I'm spending today playing board games with friends.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Actually, you know what? In absence of any agency I'm going to stick to my guns until it's time to put this game down.

##vote Lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Trasson posted:

Actually, you know what? In absence of any agency I'm going to stick to my guns until it's time to put this game down.

##vote Lumpen
Well, if it makes you feel better you were right all along. And you did well! You survived a lot of heat and you posted some good long posts and intelligent analysis. My harping on you was fake, because I was Scum :)

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Well, if it makes you feel better you were right all along. And you did well! You survived a lot of heat and you posted some good long posts and intelligent analysis. My harping on you was fake, because I was Scum :)

I'll take it. I should have pushed harder on the little trains that got going on you but I barely managed to look credible enough to not get lynched and didn't want to push it. I was more concerned about the town finding me than trying to get the scum lynched, since I think I thought one would naturally bring the other.

Obviously, I was wrong.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

ps enjoy your poison from last night now that both doctors are dead, Mr Serial Killer scumbag. Might as well vote yourself out, because this game's over for you too.

Ruuude

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
really not modkilling thecog left us in a worst place than if you just modkilled him podima, the game sort of became unwinnable when the scum could freely claim a power role without being CCed

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so jake is sk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyway it would have been a good game if it wasn't tarnished by game abandoners (which includes those who replaced out), there really needs to be a mafia blacklist or something to discourage this because it ruins like 60% of games

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya im the sk

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
terrible sk play compared to wild n crazy kids

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

terrible sk play compared to wild n crazy kids

rather than hunting scum with the last 2 kills I killed off a replacement and an abandoner, i had actually submitted lumpen for my kill last night but changed my mind because I couldn't in good concsciense leave thecog alive in this game

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we can't even lynch anyone today

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

we can't even lynch anyone today

no the games over, mod should just end

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Trasson Friction and Metos all played well, I really hope you all play more games here. They don't always devolve into this :(

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:ghost: it's disappointing that thecog didn't show up at all yesterday. I offered to replace in for him but podima said it wasn't necessary. I guess he just didn't realize how hosed town was without him. :ghost:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

welp :rip: everything jakep u had me fooled lumpen u did not

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ayy ##vote lumpen

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hail satan

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

really not modkilling thecog left us in a worst place than if you just modkilled him podima, the game sort of became unwinnable when the scum could freely claim a power role without being CCed
The setup is balanced for no modkills and no replacements. If TheCog was lynched D3, things could have been different. I'm eager to share the ScumDoc and see the full ModDoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
every game is really balanced for no modkills or replacements they are just unfortunate things that ruin games

• Locked thread