Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anybody got anything for Subnautica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Gynovore posted:

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this, but... have a hint book by your side.

There's something called UHS hints which is a cross between this thread and a hintbook - each puzzle has a number of hints revealed in order from the most vague to direct, so you can get through the thing you've been stuck on with minimal spoilers. It's old and barely maintained lately, but I definitely saw Grim Fandango in there, should work for the new one too.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 8, 2016

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
So, I got Xcom Enemy Unknown and some of its DLC in my backlog and want to play it. What should I know?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Probably buying Bravely Default soon (having a good time with the demo), anything worth knowing that isn't already on the site?

It's already on there but it's worth repeating: Don't be afraid to mess with the difficulty/encounter rates! I had to grind a couple of times when I played it and I opted not to change the encounter settings, and it took ages. Crank the encounter rate to maximum and the difficulty to easy so you can auto-grind, then put it back up to normal or even 1/2 encounters for the actually interesting bits.

Other than that, there'll be a point where you'll run into a soft wall for Job Points (Level 8 or 9, IIRC) - don't worry about getting past those walls, as enemies later in the game can drop hundreds of JP each kill.

I asked about Disgaea 5 a while back but didn't get any bites. It's my first Disgaea game, so what should I know in general, and specific to Disgaea 5?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the encounter rate changing in bravely default is really refreshing. i basically grind mindlessly while watching tv / streams then play through the next couple dungeons / sub scenarios with no encounters and repeat.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

thanks everybody.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Probably buying Bravely Default soon (having a good time with the demo), anything worth knowing that isn't already on the site?

You won't find the last job until Ch.6, I think or whichever chapter is the first after the big world reset and it's kinda piddly. Don't think you're missing anything by not investing much time in it.

Vampire (essentially Blue Mage) does have some missable skills. If you'd like to maximize the class's casts, look up a guide before leaving Ch.5 where you get the job.

The game gets increasingly dense and boss-rush-y as you go along. If you'd like to just power through it, there are definitely some cheesey setups that will help you do it without dozens of cheap deaths.

Speaking of cheese, you can swap around friend links. I got lucky and had like 3 people on my DS's friend list that had maxed every job and that made my characters extremely powerful, but YMMV

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Gynovore posted:

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this, but... have a hint book by your side.

It's a really fun game with lots and lots of humor throughout. However, for a great many puzzles, the path from point A to point B is neither obvious nor logical. You'll have the most fun if, when you burn out trying to solve something, you simply look it up and move on. If you're a super-hardcore adventure game freak who solved Infocom HHGttG without help, this might not apply to you, but most likely it does.
No you are pretty obviously right. Grim Fandango was the game that killed adventure gaming for me forever, since I could tell it was an objectively great game and I still hated playing it so much that I never picked up another one. At least until TellTale but those are not exactly the "thinking person's" kind of adventure game.

It really is great in so many ways other than the format though. Kind of like watching your favorite movie but it is stored on floppy disks so you have to stop and change media every 8 seconds of film.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can anyone tell me anything about Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

DoubleDonut posted:

Can anyone tell me anything about Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union?
Ahahaha, oh god.

Yggdra Union I wrote a bunch about a while back. A lot of the same advice applies to Riviera, most notably the "if you care at all about finding stuff and secrets, use a goddamn guide, you'll never get it all on your own".

- Riviera's bizarre inventory and combat system (because this is a Sting game) basically works as follows: You can only select four items from your inventory to bring into each battle. Each character can use one of them on their turn. Characters have different levels of proficiency with different weapons and items, so it's not a bad idea to have one of each of their best items with you, but some items are worth switching in.

- Using weapons or items will usually teach characters a new skill with that item (based on their proficiency) after using it a certain number of times, visible above the stats. More importantly, this is how you level up. All your stat boosts come from mastering items. Items have limited uses, but early on the game gives you Practice Mode, in which you can fight battles that basically don't count - you don't expend item uses, you don't get drops - but you do get skills from them. This means that the difficulty curve of the game can be adjusted simply by how much you do or don't use Practice.

- Weapon attacks and ranges are keyed to each attack and character, so one sword's basic attack might be a slash that hits the enemy front row. If you want to hit an enemy in the back, you'll need to use a different weapon or item with that character, or use a different character. You don't get to choose targets.

- Seriously you'll never find most of the secrets or treasure if you don't use a guide of some sort. If that doesn't bother you, you can still beat the game without too much trouble.

- Rocks are your friend. Be friends with rocks.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tackle Riviera like a CYOA novel. It's not a difficult game and there's reason to replay it with its multiple endings. There's kind of a "true" ending, although I don't want to call it that it's more of a super obscure ending involving a character you wouldn't expect so you'll definitely need a guide for that.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

What do I need to know about Death Skid Marks?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

juliuspringle posted:

Also Watch_Dogs?

edit: Whoops, thought I hit edit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

juliuspringle posted:

Also Watch_Dogs?

edit: Whoops, thought I hit edit.

The missions where you have to tail someone on-foot can be done from surveillance cameras rather than sneaking up their rear end along the street.

Hacking and Crafting are where the lion's share of your points should go early on (you get enough points to fill most, if not all, of the skills by endgame though).

If you get the ATM Hack Boosts early enough, you'll never want for money.

The Spec Ops 1911 Pistol will get you through almost all of the game with silenced headshots :ninja:.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

juliuspringle posted:

Also Watch_Dogs?
You can get a grenade launcher basically from the start of the game. It trivializes like 90% of the big shootout scenes.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Zombi/ZombiU? There's no entry on the wiki (or for any games that start with Z).

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

For Bloodborne, is there anything to know in regards to armor? Particularly good sets/pieces, anything that looks good but should be avoided, etc.?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Safari Disco Lion posted:

For Bloodborne, is there anything to know in regards to armor? Particularly good sets/pieces, anything that looks good but should be avoided, etc.?

iirc most armor are pretty similar statistically, with some armors having greater resistances to poison and whatnot. So feel free to play Pretty Dress-up Werewolf Hunter

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

If you want to min/max, check out this page: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+Optimizer

The worst status effect by a mile is Frenzy, but enemies that deal that type of damage are rare. It's hard to go wrong with either church set. Or just pick the one you think looks the coolest :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The default Hunter set you can get early on will get you through most of the game in style and stats.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Okay, so it's not all that important than, at least compared to Dark Souls, and it looks like armor can't even be upgraded? So I'll just play Blood-Soaked Beast Hunter Edition Barbie and keep good resist pieces on hand.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Anything for Helldivers?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kruller posted:

Anything for Helldivers?

Use your map repeatedly to watch out for patrols (little red circles) - avoid them, or if you can't avoid them, then do your best to bring the big guy down immediately. If you're fast enough they won't hit the alert, and you'll have a hassle free time.

Early on the chaingun turret seems like it's invaluable for defending locations, just watch out for the indiscriminate targeting - if something is on the other side of you and it, hit the deck before it shoots you up.

You can find any difficulty of planet regardless of which sector you go for, so if you're hunting for unlocks check what each planet in each sector has first. If you're just going for xp you can mash the daily event a bit for double.

Generally speaking one of your strategems should be a one-time-use weapon, pop it at the start of the map to increase the number of weapons you've got on you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've been playing it a lot recently, so I'd like to go ahead and condense/correct the tips on NEO Scavenger, as well as adding a couple of my own.

Character Creation
- Character creation is a huge deal. Trapping is almost mandatory, as it lets you make friction fires. Heat and boiled (clean) water are two of the most crucial resources in the game.
- Other very good choices are Botany (get much better scavenging in woods, identify poisonous berries/mushrooms, and make tannin tea, which can sterilize wounds), Mechanics (make vehicles to haul all your crap), Hiding (evade combat), Strong (carry more, beat the poo poo out of people), Melee (wreck poo poo with spears), Ranged (wreck poo poo with slings and eventually guns), Tough (survive a lot of poo poo that would otherwise kill you), and Hacking (sell all those useless electronics for absurd amounts of money). Eagle Eye can be bought and Metabolism is a very mixed blessing, avoid those two.
- Myopia is a fairly harmless flaw, and you can get it removed for a chunk of money later (at the same place where you can buy Eagle Eye). The Metabolism flaw also slightly increases healing rate, which makes it worth considering if you find yourself killed more often than starving/dehydrating to death.

Survival
- Early survival is heavily RNG-dependent. If it starts out freezing and your initial scavenging turns up nothing, you're probably going to die of hypothermia and there's nothing you can do about it.
- A reliable way to make clean water is your most important resource, followed close behind by 'ways to carry clean water'. Drinking unpurified water will get you Giardia and death by dehydration quickly. Find a metal sauce pan as soon as you can, but a soup can will work too. You can boil water in glass bottles as well, but it will destroy the bottle in the process.
- Never eat unidentified mushrooms or berries if you don't want to die. (You'll need Botany to identify them.) Blue berries are always safe though. As for the others, red berries and mushrooms have a 50% chance to be poisonous, white berries are always poisonous.
- Conversely, stuffing your face full of safe berries even when you're full is a decent way to keep your thirst bar from depleting too quickly.
- Trapping also lets you make preserved meat which makes you thirstier but is overall better. It also lets you make fur items which really help with freezing.
- Botany's ability to make tannin tea can't be understated - antiseptic is really useful towards long term survival. If you don't have tannin tea then you'll have to make due with whiskey. Don't neglect your cuts, and although you ideally want both boiled rags and antiseptic doing something is better than doing nothing at all.
- Skills like Trapping populates recipes to work with in the crafting menu so explore those.
- Relatively early on, you can get a quest to go to Camp Grayling from several different people in the game. Camp Grayling is actually the endgame, so don't tackle it immediately. You'll need to be well-kitted out before you take it on. A foil poncho is a must, too.
- Don't be a hero unless you're willing to risk dying a hero.
- Your first long-term goal is to head toward the Glow. The Glow is the single best "base" in the game, so long as you're not dumb enough to mess with the guards. Scavenge as much as you can along the way but getting to the southeast corner of the map is your first real priority.

Combat
- Combat is generally something to be avoided, but picking a combat skill is useful as it'll allow you to make a broad spear, which is probably the best all-around melee weapon, with great damage and a range of 3, while also being very cheap in resources. Melee dominates in the early game, but once you get access to guns later on Missile is very powerful.
- Ranged is also very powerful with even a simple sling, but ammo weight/size can become an issue if you don't have some very good containers for it all.
- Don't be afraid to avoid/flee from fights, especially when your enemy has a better weapon than you, or outnumbers you. "There are old scavengers, and there are bold scavengers, but there are very few old, bold scavengers."
- If you do get into combat, never attack an enemy unless they're Vulnerable, stunned, prone, etc. Getting hit is really bad so being very defensive (dodging, parrying, etc) is your best bet. Flurry attacks are also usually not worth it since you lose a turn. Missile ambush attacks when hidden are ridiculously powerful--even a mere sling stone will wreck an unsuspecting enemy. But you need Missile and Hiding skill to make the best use of that.
- Certain skills also give you more combat options, which generally serve as better ways to make enemies Vulnerable.
- When it comes to dealing with tougher hostiles, a lot of the strategy involves luring them toward each other, letting them kill each other, and looting their corpses afterwards. DMC guards in particular have amazing loot, and the only way to really get it is to have bandits/raiders/dogmen attack them, since taking on a DMC guard is suicide, even if you win.

Spoilers
- CIA Document Mode begins now. You can play just fine without any of these tips, and in fact, probably should. Discovering this stuff can be half the fun.
- For a much easier start, go seven hexes north of the Cryo center, to Zom Zom's, and give your bracelet to the guy at the end of the event, without asking about the deal. You'll lose out on some things that make the endgame easier, in exchange for a pretty big haul of early-game stuff. Just watch out for the Bad Muthas who wander around the area. They'll probably make mincemeat out of you if you don't have a combat build and a very good weapon.
- Don't eat human meat unless you're starving to death. Yeah, it's a LOT of food, but doing it enough times will give you the Windigo curse, which increases the rate your hunger bar depletes by an absurd rate, basically forcing you to keep eating humans to survive.
- Your necklace keeps the single toughest enemy in the game at bay, so only take it off if you're ready for the single hardest fight in the game or you're reasonably confident you can lure it into a fight with some DMC guards.
- If you want your bank account in DMC, you'll need either Hiding + Mechanics, Electrician and a way to zoom your view, or Hacking and Lockpicking. To follow up, you'll need another skill, but basically any of them can be used at this point, with some preparation. Your reward for all this hard work? A bit of backstory, and a visit from the police... who will probably exile you from DMC.
- The two secret abilities are Elusive, and Unstoppable. To get Unstoppable, take both Strong and Melee, beat up the dogman, and take the footage to the Hatter or defeat the robot at Zom Zom's with Melee, then use Strong or Melee to escape the horde at the fairgrounds. To get Elusive, defeat the robot at Zom Zom's almost any other way, and then get the info from the bank without getting caught. For most builds, these two abilities are probably mutually exclusive. However, you can also unlock both by killing the wraith that stalks you when you take off your necklace.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 14, 2016

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Added Helldivers and changed NEO Scavenger. I was unsure if the spoilered tips should be included so if they should be removed holla.

Thankfully they did away with the upgrade system on armors so in general pick what you think looks good or if you're struggling with a specific ailment on like a boss you can change around to buff the resistance to that type. In general the gain is pretty small so the only one you will want real defense against is, as mentioned, Frenzy. By the time that becomes relevant you should know what you're doing though.

I'm looking to pick up Fatal Frame 5 whenever I can locate my balls. Any tips for it?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Pro post, Poison Mushroom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foxhound posted:

I'm looking to pick up Fatal Frame 5 whenever I can locate my balls. Any tips for it?

Always bring some Embers. Some Shrine Maidens can push you straight into a Drenched freakout which saps your health.

Dont blow points on film at the start of a Chapter unless you're REALLY hurting for Type-14. You get plenty of every kind out while roaming the mountainside.

Be ready with the camera. Your chance to get some Spirit Photos is a scant few seconds.

Upgrade the damage and reload on Ren's Camera Obscura. It deals less damage and relies on the four-shot lens combo.

DiseasedTempest
Oct 9, 2007

juliuspringle posted:

You'll often be given a choice between two routes, one of which grants more progress through the game. You should always take the shorter route, though, because that way you get in more fights so you can get more money to spend on weapons or upgrades.

Speaking of money, you get money by taking on Jobs, which grant money for completing certain tasks in combat, like killing a person with a melee weapon or blowing up a car by running it off the road. The more specific a Job is the more money you'll get for completing it. Keep in mind that when the game starts throwing multiple cars at once at you it can be difficult to accomplish any of these, so you may want to switch to a more generic Job for all your characters before then.

Both character and vehicle upgrades get more expensive as you progress through the game, but vehicle upgrades increase in cost far more. Thus I suggest getting as many vehicle upgrades as you can early.

Speaking of which, focus on upgrading Armor and Steer. Drive and Brake are more niche but you can still make it work if the RNG only gives you upgrades for them. If you get a special upgrade that gives you two, take it, since it really saves you money in the long run.

Play Russian Roulette in the early stages. It won't hurt you too bad to lose a character at that point, and if you win you get +2 to all stats for free, which saves you a ton of money. If it's late in the game you can always just play the first round and hope to get lucky, since you can chicken out at any time.

Have at least one melee and one ranged character. I prefer to make my extra character ranged since it's easier to avoid damage by keeping your distance.

In shops you will find one item that repairs your car for money, and one that heals your characters for money. These are your only two ways to heal outside of shops so they're extremely valuable, especially since shops get pretty rare in the later stages of the game. This is also why it's a good idea to maintain a healthy surplus of cash for emergency healing, especially later on.

Don't worry if you didn't get any tickets during the game, you still get credit for beating the game even with a bad ending.

DiseasedTempest fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 14, 2016

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

juliuspringle posted:

Oh holy poo poo I thought you were being snarky about some Star Wars game name because Death Skid Marks totally sounds like someone taking the piss out of a dumb Expanded Universe Darth name until

And now I totally have to play this game brave enough to have Skid Marks in its title.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Aarklash: Legacy? I've heard it described as linear Icewind Dale so it's likely to be hard as balls.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 14, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Aarklash: Legacy? I've heard it described as linear Icewind Dale so it's likely to be hard as balls.

I haven't completed it (mostly due to lack of time rather than lack of enjoyment), but I didn't find it to be that hard in what I played. It's a tactical RPG, and the challenge level is pretty nice. You'll need to think and use your strengths where appropriate, so it is a little Icewind Dale-y in that regard.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Any tips for Divinity: Original Sin? I picked it up since the PS4 version is for sale and it seems like a game where I could be missing a lot of things if I'm not scouring every corner.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Any tips for Divinity: Original Sin? I picked it up since the PS4 version is for sale and it seems like a game where I could be missing a lot of things if I'm not scouring every corner.

You'll probably want to be fairly thorough in the first area, just to set yourself up for the rest of the game, and because the boss at the end can be tough. Enemies don't respawn, so there are finite XP, though enough that you should hit level 19-20 by the endgame even without being completionist.

- Steal paintings and pick up weapons/armor and sell for money. This can quickly break the economy, which you can turn into better gear. As long as you are not seen, there are no penalties for stealing. Vendors restock gold each day.
- The first area you want to go is west out of town, *NOT* the west door by the habour, but the one just north of that. Other directions will kick you in the quads until you have a few levels.
- Talk to the healer in town and then his assistant when you arrive. This kicks off something important, and can be easy to overlook.
- Summons are excellent meatshields, and can make a big difference in a tough fight.
- There is a lot of things like cloth, plants and other junk you can pick up. Most can be used for crafting/blacksmithing (you need 3+ skill to make anything interesting IMO), but is otherwise waste of inventory space. A few scrolls and potions are good to keep around though.
- Most barrels/crates contain junk, and I wouldn't advice obsessively checking all of them. There are plenty of ways to find good stuff, and missing even a potentially very good drop isn't worth the time. There are a LOT of crates in the game. Do check chests though!
- For combat skills, crowd control, especially stuns and other disables is a gamechanger. What flavour is up to your own preference.
- The game generally follows the rule that all named persons are worth speaking to, though not all of them give quests.
- Remember that you can trade with nearly everyone, not just vendors.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

For XCOM 2, what do I want to be doing with regard to base building? I'm still very early in the game and I don't have a real strong sense of decisions I might make early on that I might kick myself for later (placing a power plant in the wrong spot and denying myself an adjacency bonus or something like that). Is there anything I want to keep in mind, or is it a generally pretty forgiving "clear junk as fast as you can, build rooms when you need them" system? Mostly I've just been operating on a "I don't have one of those yet" or "I need power/comms right now" system but I dunno if there's a long game I should be playing with my layout.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ainsley McTree posted:

For XCOM 2, what do I want to be doing with regard to base building? I'm still very early in the game and I don't have a real strong sense of decisions I might make early on that I might kick myself for later (placing a power plant in the wrong spot and denying myself an adjacency bonus or something like that). Is there anything I want to keep in mind, or is it a generally pretty forgiving "clear junk as fast as you can, build rooms when you need them" system? Mostly I've just been operating on a "I don't have one of those yet" or "I need power/comms right now" system but I dunno if there's a long game I should be playing with my layout.

- The Workshop is the only thing with an adjacency benefit: you put engineers in it, and (more) workshop GREMLINs can operate neighbouring rooms. You don't have to put it in the dead centre, but putting it in a corner is probably a mistake.
- Powerplants are best built on power cores, since the increased generation is worth more than the free power usage for a different room.

Other than that there aren't any layout issues. What rooms you prioritise is up to you, although the AWC and GTS are both good to get early on. Resistance Comms aren't as make-or-break as Satellites were, since they're not the only things limiting your expansion or resource gathering.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 15, 2016

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Doctor Spaceman posted:

- The Workshop is the only thing with an adjacency benefit: you put engineers in it, and (more) workshop GREMLINs can operate neighbouring rooms. You don't have to put it in the dead centre, but putting it in a corner is probably a mistake.

To elaborate on this the workshop has 2 gremlins per engineer staffed and and can use each of those grems in an adjacent (not diagonal) engineer slot. So 1 workshop with 1 eng can add two gremlins to a power plant above it (if the plant is upgraded to take 2 engs). Or it could add one to the power plant above it and one to the Proving Grounds by its side.

You can only build one workshop and you can upgrade it once to allow you to put a second engineer in there, which gives another two gremlins. It basically doubles the output of an engineer but only to adjacent buildings.

There are no other adjacency mechanics although the mentioned power core bonuses are worth building plants on.

GhostBoy posted:

Concise Divinity Original Sin Tips

These are pro tips.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

- Powerplants are best built on power cores, since the increased generation is worth more than the free power usage for a different room.

Other than that there aren't any layout issues. What rooms you prioritise is up to you, although the AWC and GTS are both good to get early on. Resistance Comms aren't as make-or-break as Satellites were, since they're not the only things limiting your expansion or resource gathering.

Very helpful to know. Thank you! (and to you as well, Cirofren!)

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Ainsley McTree posted:

You want your generators to be on the exposed coil, but those are usually on level 3 or 4, you can't get to it when you need more power for the first time, so your first two rows would look something like this:

Guerilla tactics | Advanced warfare center | Generator (maybe demolish later and make this Shadow chamber/Psi lab)
Resistance comms | Workshop | Proving grounds

Laboratory and defense matrix are completely unnecessary. You need 2 upgraded and staffed resistance comms to contact everyone in the world and 2 upgraded generators on the exposed coils to fulfill all power demand. If the coil isn't under workshop, put resistance comms there to take advantage of gremlin staffing.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 15, 2016

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LawfulWaffle posted:

- No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Gyshall posted:

- No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses

I was very disappointed when these lines got rerecorded for the enhanced edition.

rip man with most nasally voice ever