Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
KURO

Looks like this poo poo just got real!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Nina-san's Magic Life. Even more witches doing things.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wow! That's such a sweet and refreshing-feeling manga! You know what, I'd post that in the Real Life vs. Fantasy manga thread as well, since it covers more of the themes of "realistic take on fantasy world".

I really enjoyed the feel of it -- all light and full of life. I've always enjoyed that more "authentic" take on witches, where they're all sort of in tune with the wilderness and nature. I guess this is kind of like a city-witch vs. nature-witch encounter. Oh, also those "nimul" critters are super cute and I want one.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 30, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ryushika Ryushika is back :toot:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

DrSunshine posted:

KURO

Looks like this poo poo just got real!!!
Goddamnit if Kuro acts like a tragic hero and sacrifices himself and Coco's affection so Coco can be with her friends I'm gonna hate this comic while I'm crying like a little baby.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Twiddy posted:

Goddamnit if Kuro acts like a tragic hero and sacrifices himself and Coco's affection so Coco can be with her friends I'm gonna hate this comic while I'm crying like a little baby.

Can I emptyquote outside of the chat thread? I forget.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Twiddy posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I've been reading sumire 16-sai and I can't help but wonder if the old man acts out of genuine consideration for others or if he's just that dedicated to his craft.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If it was just his craft, he wouldn't be so self-sacrificing for the other students.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

He's super dedicated to his craft, it just happens to be that his craft is operating a very convincing life-sized high school girl puppet 24/7. He never breaks kayfabe, he's that dedicated to his craft!!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He goes above and beyond the call of duty though. The level of pain he puts himself though to help people is way beyond acting like a normal schoolgirl. If it was just art he wouldn't mess with a yakuza family.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chaos rhames posted:

He goes above and beyond the call of duty though. The level of pain he puts himself though to help people is way beyond acting like a normal schoolgirl. If it was just art he wouldn't mess with a yakuza family.

Sumire has a very strong sense of justice.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he's a pro

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sumire has a very strong sense of justice.

This. She's just really cool ok!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

Hmm almost to a surreal level...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A lot of the pain that he personally endures isn't "endured" by Sumire, which is why a lot o the gags involve him getting burned, beaten, and busted up while Sumire wonders why everyone looks so concerned.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I think it's probably unlikely that he's an evil dude performing with a puppet whose character is that good of a person unless the whole thing is because he like, lost a bet or something, and in that case he's dedicated on a whole other level.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

okay, i finished sumire 16 and that last chapter was super goddamn cute. then i read sumire 17, and it was less cute but still good. overall, b+.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I can't believe all these posts calling the integrity of Sumire's character into question.

She's a model student; assault her not with these baseless accusations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:siren:Flying Witch promo! Flying Witch promo! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3cpELeS04

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

:siren:Flying Witch promo! Flying Witch promo! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3cpELeS04

:allears: She sounds exactly like I imagined! This looks to be shaping up to be one of the chillest anime of the coming season -- spring can't come soon enough.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

She's a Rokurokubi updated!!

Aw gosh. I love this art -- the art, the ART!! It's so good!! Rokurokubi girl's expressions are so goddamn cute!!

That neck bungee jumping is what killed me this chapter.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Three-person chokehold! :laffo:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
New Gakkou Gurashi

Kurumi noooooo. Don't do this to us. Everything needs to be daijoubu:smith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

KURO 164-168

I get the sense that it's going to end soon. I lost track of this for a while, so when it does, I'll be sure to read it all again from the start.

Anyone else following T-Rex girl? I feel that it's kind of the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend, because the dinosaur girls are just completely bizarre. Are they really supposed to be cute??

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

DrSunshine posted:

KURO 164-168

I get the sense that it's going to end soon. I lost track of this for a while, so when it does, I'll be sure to read it all again from the start.

Anyone else following T-Rex girl? I feel that it's kind of the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend, because the dinosaur girls are just completely bizarre. Are they really supposed to be cute??

I'm pretty sure that The Young Maiden in Love is a Carnivore is the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You guys!! So many SDL mangas are getting anime this season! Follow them all!!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

:siren: Girl meets Bear (Kuma Miko)
Kinema Citrus | Matsuda, Kiyoshi | Comedy, Seinen | N/A
The manga follows Machi, a middle school student who serves as a shrine maiden at a Shinto shrine and takes care of a bear, who lives on mountain in Japan's northern Tohoku region. The bear, Natsu, has the ability to talk and is Machi's guardian. When Machi explains to Natsu that she will attend a school in the city, he gives Machi a set of trials that she must pass in order to be able to survive city life.
Links:

:siren: Flying Witch
J.C.Staff | Sakurabi, Katsushi | Comedy, Shounen, Slice of Life, Supernatural | Apr 10, 2016
Kowata Makoto is an air head with a bad sense of direction that just moved into her relative's house... But is that all?
Links:

Sakamoto desu ga?
Studio Deen | Takamatsu, Shinji | Comedy, School, Seinen | N/A
First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.
Links: N/A

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In the latest Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, she rolls a natural 20 on a bluff check.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

The endpoint is still a way off. For a terrifying vision of a possible future, find the artist's Pixiv account.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the logical conclusion of monster girl stuff is always vore.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The dinosaur girls actually ARE cute.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

The dinosaur girls actually ARE cute.

Of course, I was assuming that was not in question.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AnonSpore posted:

...the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend

Kawaii desu ka?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

In the latest Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, she rolls a natural 20 on a bluff check.

You guys gotta read this, it had me howling!! This is how King got started in One Punch Man!

EDIT: And Hitomi in Hinamatsuri...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Takeo-chan Bukkairoku (I don't know what that means?...) just updated, and, well, poo poo kinda gets real! I like that there's a bigger plot at hand here.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Isn't something like House of Demons?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I just finished reading all of Sumire 16-sai and I have to say I really enjoyed it! Thank you for making me aware of it DrSunshine!

To anyone interested in it, I recommend reading through the Sumire 17-sai manga first and then the 16 one, because the 17 one was made earlier and is a good introduction to the character. It only has 2 volumes, so it's a quick read.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

I just finished reading all of Sumire 16-sai and I have to say I really enjoyed it! Thank you for making me aware of it DrSunshine!

To anyone interested in it, I recommend reading through the Sumire 17-sai manga first and then the 16 one, because the 17 one was made earlier and is a good introduction to the character. It only has 2 volumes, so it's a quick read.

I love that this thread is still serving its primary purpose -- acting as a gateway drug to SDL manga by getting everyone to read Sumire-16! :allears: Good! Now go read Girls Group No. 7 and Seki Kun as well! They are all excellent mangas. Once you've leveled up, move along the curriculum with Ryuushika-Ryuushika, which is a treasure and a gem because it's in glorious color!

Dead Dead Demons D-D-D-D-D-. The real mystery here is how Ouran apparently turned from a normal-ish girl to being a strange, brainless person. It's kind of hard to think of her as a college student, even though that's what's stated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Dead Dead Demons D-D-D-D-D-. The real mystery here is how Ouran apparently turned from a normal-ish girl to being a strange, brainless person. It's kind of hard to think of her as a college student, even though that's what's stated.

I'm in a weird spot where i can't decide if i should re-read dddddd(etc) from the beginning, or just give up on it entirely.