Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The thing about Mr. Enter is that you'd think after so many videos, he'd get better at speaking.

No, he's still really awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You guys are making me almost look up whoever this Mr Enter is. Stop that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He insists on calling the show Toddler Titans, as if a show being specifically geared towards children is a bad thing. He's one of those people that thinks that because adults like Adventure Time and Steven Universe, that all cartoons need to appeal to adults.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
He also thinks that jokes have to follow a specific formula and they're not funny if they don't, and he clearly doesn't get anarchic humor. And apparently poking fun at moral lesson cliches in cartoons is bad and also not funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Enter simultaneously thinks that children are smart enough to understand heavy issues in cartoons but too dumb to recognize a parody moral.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Funny episode, though too bad they didn't parody a different anime then Speed Racer, seems a little over done. Also missed opportunity to have some sweet animation like they did with The Night Begins to Shine episode, and chose something like Akira or Ghost in the Shell, or even dragon ball z. Though considering the original Teen Titans show tried hard to be a anime, that might please the original fans, defeating the goal of the episode.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know, I get the feeling that this show is going to go down as one of the greats for the younger kids who watch it once they grow up; just the madcap humour and the sheer amount of situations and ideas it comes up with gives me the feeling that it's going to stand out in memory and be a favourite like Spongebob before it.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Double posting because holy poo poo does Garage Sale have the best background gags. :syoon:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ManlyGrunting posted:

Double posting because holy poo poo does Garage Sale have the best background gags. :syoon:

YJ Season 3.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So...many...background jokes...

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If this was 2008 Mr Enter would definitely use an NES Zapper to shoot an After Effects gradient at a superimposed picture of the Teen Titans.
Also, really digging Menville's Daffy Duck-laughter.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

horriblePencilist posted:

Also, really digging Menville's Daffy Duck-laughter.
This reminds me, Menville was on the newest episode of Workaholics that aired last night, playing a meth gang enforcer. Now I really want someone to dub over a TT or TT Go episode with him shouting "THIS IS OUTLAW poo poo, WOOOOO!"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Autism levels: critical

quote:

Up until early in the second season, I thought that the show was okay, if riddled with bad episodes, but "I See You" was the one that effectively proved to me that the bad episodes were the norm - the whole episode is basically Robin taking Starfire on a stakeout, only for her to don the identity of some guy named Jeff, including a mask. Add in a sideplot of Beast Boy and Cyborg spying on Raven only to completely miss her true secret (Raven trying to keep her demon side in check, while the two believe she has a crush on Beast Boy) and this proves that Teen Titans Go! has entered a very deep hole.

quote:

What was "Beast Man"? That episode sucked. First, let me explain. In the episode, because Death Toilet 3 (Death Wish 3 with a toilet) is rated MA 15+, they play Random Animal Roulette (where Beast Boy turns into random animals, and Cyborg keeps wanting little donkeys), and Robin says man. So Beast Boy turns into a man, because men are animals? Ok, not realistic, but fair... so far. And then Raven starts telling us how being an adult sucks, because you work at a boring job for "The Man" (and that IS what it is called!), and stuff. First of all, your job doesn't have to be boring - ask any video game developer. And second! Adults do have rights that kids/teens don't have, which the Titans exploit in the middle of the episode, AFTER they've seen Death Wi... I mean, Death Toilet 3. And then Beast "Boy" goes to do adult night stuff... and then it's the next day. And it turns out Beast "Boy" now works for The Man... who has Dexter's dad's face, and quotes Audrey once for no reason. They can't get Beast "Boy" to come willingly, so... they actually do the "Teen" part of their name... or at least, a generic version of said thing. They cause Dexter's Audrey to explode, and all the adults are free. And Starfire asks how the adults will provide for their families. Robin does not care about this. Robin, what even? I know you do not care about these people, but at least care about That. One. Thing! I'm done.

quote:

I personally really wanted to give Teen Titans Go! a chance as something I might have liked (even if it was never going to be as good as the Teen Titans animated series from the early 2000's) — I really did — but episodes like "Hot Garbage" and "Smile Bones" really ruined whatever chance they might have had in having any likability towards the show whatsoever. However, if I had to choose one of these episodes, I'd say that "Smile Bones" was the episode that really rubbed me the wrong way even the first time watching that episode. With "Smile Bones" (who comes up with some of this show's titles anyways?), it starts with Beast Boy and Cyborg eating food in an extremely fast manner before Robin warns them not to do that or they might let their stomachs take over. What happens next you might ask? Well Beast Boy and Cyborg both continue eating the way they started the episode out, only this time they let the other members starve nearly to their deaths while taunting them with their enlarged bellies sticking out (which is especially noteworthy when the guys eat an entire pizza before the other starving Titans had time to eat the pizza in front of their faces) just to prove that the way they were eating was no good. As a result, the rest of the Titans want to be taught by Beast Boy and Cyborg to eat like them, and we get to see them eat copious amounts of food while everyone started expanding their stomachs (with Starfire having 9 of them at once, which makes it look even more disturbing) and had to pretend their stomachs were talking for them instead of their actual faces. It especially hits a low point when the Titans were arguing with their stomachs that one of them should be the leader because of their stomach sizes being larger than everyone else... while we get to see all their fat stomachs protrude out to the screen as the only thing we could see there. Trust me when I say that if you weren't disturbed by what was seen before, you'll be outright flabbergasted by what happens next. After another feast of gluttonous proportions, the stomachs of Beast Boy and Cyborg gain sentience because they let their "talking" do the thinking for them for too long, and the stomachs move and talk on their own while they eat everything in sight until they eventually become Godzilla/King Kong sized monsters in only a matter of minutes! If this didn't prove to a point where the guys at Teen Titans Go! pretty much said "gently caress it, we give up with trying to create something decent, if not good with this," then I'm not sure what has. Not even the ending where the Teen Titans get their weights back to normal and Beast Boy and Cyborg learn the errors of their ways was enough to redeem this mess of an episode, as even the ending had an off moment there as well.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I am flabbergasted.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Autism levels: critical

quote:

First of all, your job doesn't have to be boring - ask any video game developer.

Ahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha that's amazing.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Holy poo poo, where are these from? God drat, dumb nerds never cease to entertain.

e: seriously, like this isn't exactly high comedy. You just sort of enjoy the absurdist ride as the internal logic of a cartoon about superheroes goes off the rails. Sometimes I wonder if the DCAU did more harm than good for some people.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 25, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not realistic that the guy that can turn into any animal would turn into an adult man.

Edit: You know, in the same scene where he turned into a microscopic donkey. Realism.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Skychrono posted:

Ahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha that's amazing.

Honestly it just made me feel bad because that person is almost certainly somewhere on the spectrum. Like, there's not liking a particular type of humor but that person legitimately doesn't seem to understand what's going on on a fundamental level half the time. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's going to be an episode in February guest starring several NBA stars to celebrate the All-Star game.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

quote:

Where is one episode where they joked about the reboot and basically said that cancelling it was a mistake and i was happy i because i was hoping they where going to cancel this poo poo and bring it back because they had control freak saying he was going to reboot the titans And then the last loving second it turned into total asinine bullshit and a very badly made 4th wall joke that NO KID will ever understand! They need to drop this and bring back the old series but then again maybe they shouldnt bring it back because i dont think it would live up to the original and as far as robins love for starfire starfire loved him back! Why is she such a heartless bitch now? Wtf

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

The mental image of some awkward teen sitting on the edge of his seat with anticipation, thinking "This is it! It's happening! They're bringing it back!" before having his hopes dashed makes having to read that quote totally worth it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Kids can understand heavy subjects in cartoons and we should respect their intelligence enough to tackle these subjects."

"NO KID IS GONNA UNDERSTAND A FOURTH WALL JOKE, JESUS!"

Cartoons have been doing fourth wall jokes for a while.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 27, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Toots and dookie are beyond kids understanding.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's no way a kid could like this show that is consistently the highest-rated show on the network!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The best part about that quote is that it's on a non-TTG related Youtube video of "The Night Begins To Shine"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still love Weird Al as Darkseid.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I like it when Cyborg and Starfire hang out, they're always on some weird wavelength together.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Some nerds just can't live in a world where Robin isn't kissing Starfire forever and ever. Teen Titans was their childhood and how loving dare anyone mock it! And the more they ironically be pathetic on the internet for everyone to see, likely the more they inspire these dork grilling episodes to keep getting made.

Hell, Mr Enter types probably only have a reason to live in just bitching at how wrong children of today are for being too smart and too dumb not to see the superiority of a show made in 2004. A faux anime cartoon that even Mr Enter doesn't want to return because then what would he bitch about.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really like Go. That said, it's sad, but I still feel a bit miffed that the original Teen Titans series and Young Justice ended on really sore notes though.

The final episode of the Teen Titans series is "Things Change" which is one of the biggest downer episodes I've seen in a kids show and presents at least one interesting question that doesn't get resolved. Further, the entire conflict with Slade never really gets finished up and given how central he is to seasons 1, 2 and 4 it's just a bit sad it didn't get resolved.

Young Justice is similar insofar as they set up for what could have been an excellent third season and didn't get to see it out. So you just get to watch Kid Flash die, see everyone be depressed and watch the villains ostensibly win entirely.

Meh, I'm happy we get something with these guys and it's pretty goddamn hilarious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's reasonable. At least you're not the guy who was so traumatized by Things Change that he wrote no less than 5 rather long fanfictions dedicated to reversing it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crabtree posted:

Some nerds just can't live in a world where Robin isn't kissing Starfire forever and ever. Teen Titans was their childhood and how loving dare anyone mock it! And the more they ironically be pathetic on the internet for everyone to see, likely the more they inspire these dork grilling episodes to keep getting made.

The real irony is that teen titans existed before the original cartoon and THAT cartoon had the same outcry by fans of the comic that it was just silly baby joke nonsense compared to the more serious comic.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
I love this show and intend to introduce it to a friend tomorrow. I'm planning on sitting down with him and watching approximately five episodes.

The five that come to mind are:

1. Sandwich Thief
2. Staring at the Future
3. 40%, 40%, 20%
4. Multiple Trick Pony
5. Colors of Raven

Anybody have any better suggestions?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The real irony is that teen titans existed before the original cartoon and THAT cartoon had the same outcry by fans of the comic that it was just silly baby joke nonsense compared to the more serious comic.

And didn't the Justice League end around the time it came out? DC fans just love bitching.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The original and JL/JLU were concurrent mostly.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

God of Evil Cows posted:

I love this show and intend to introduce it to a friend tomorrow. I'm planning on sitting down with him and watching approximately five episodes.

1. Sandwich Thief
2. Staring at the Future
3. 40%, 40%, 20%
4. Multiple Trick Pony
5. Colors of Raven

Starfire the Terrible or the episode where they use bees as money. Not sure which ones you would replace in that list, but those are my suggestions.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Any of the ones with Raven's dad.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

God of Evil Cows posted:

1. Sandwich Thief
2. Staring at the Future
3. 40%, 40%, 20%
4. Multiple Trick Pony
5. Colors of Raven

What, no Let's Get Serious?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Oil Drums would be a good choice as well

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hose Water is a good one too, it's a textbook example of taking a simple idea and bringing it to an insane conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't forget LeBron's on a new episode tonight.

• Locked thread