Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

mines firstname.lastname@gmail and i have the same name except different middle name as a music producer so i pretty regularly get email from wannabes who want me to produce their stuff. if i feel like it, ill ask for some acapellas and make some insane turd for them.

one time, lindsay lohan's people got in contact because they wanted a list of songs we recorded together or something, so i made up some titles. then they were like, wait what are those? could you send htem over? and i was like how can i be sure youre lindsay lohan's people, i cant just send them to anybody!!

so they proved it & then i made some really bad songs with my sister in garage band

they got really pissed at me for wasting their time, the whole email thread was like 2 weeks

post more calvin harris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

mines firstname.lastname@gmail and i have the same name except different middle name as a music producer so i pretty regularly get email from wannabes who want me to produce their stuff. if i feel like it, ill ask for some acapellas and make some insane turd for them.

one time, lindsay lohan's people got in contact because they wanted a list of songs we recorded together or something, so i made up some titles. then they were like, wait what are those? could you send htem over? and i was like how can i be sure youre lindsay lohan's people, i cant just send them to anybody!!

so they proved it & then i made some really bad songs with my sister in garage band

they got really pissed at me for wasting their time, the whole email thread was like 2 weeks

lolled at this

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Segmentation Fault posted:

Please post these stories

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Storysmith posted:

as someone with first name last initial at gmail dot com, I get tons of poo poo like this, it's less likely phishing than just some moron who doesn't know their email address

way back when I got an email from Google (dkim validated and whatnot) that said something along the lines of "holy poo poo you have a lot of accounts listing your email as the recovery email for them on here, do you want to disavow them" with a page that listed like 20 different accounts that all thought some stranger would be the best recovery option
wait, did google give you those 20 email addresses?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lomarf

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Segmentation Fault posted:

Please post these stories

ok but pls dont doxx me. i think i scrubbed all the personal info.

JANE DOE posted:

Hi!

My name is JANE DOE. I work for Lindsay Lohan's PR team.

I wanted to make sure that you're the FIRSTNAME LASTNAME from COMPANY? We need to discuss a couple of things with you, if you are.

Get back to me soon,
Thanks!
JANE

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hi JANE!

Sure, what's going on?

Regards,
FIRSTNAME

JANE DOE posted:

We need a full list of the songs Lindsay has done with you.

We're about to shop all her new songs to labels since her deal with Universal fell though, so we wanna make sure we have everything she's recorded recently.

Thanks!
JANE

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Here you go:

"Slap It",
"Swimming (in a Pool)"
"Out of Faces"
"Innotcent"
"Canberra"

JANE DOE posted:

Are you sure these are the tracks, 'cause I don't recall any of the titles? Only one I remember is "REAL SONG".

If they in fact were recorded, can you send mp3s of them all?

We haven't received any of them.

Lindsay's schedule is packed, otherwise, I would've asked her about them.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Well some of them were sketches really. I can elaborate when I'm back at the studio.

Anyway, not to be rude or anything, but are you really who you say you are? I wouldn't like to send the mp3s to the wrong people.

JANE DOE posted:

Yes, I am 100% authentic.

Lindsay's deal with Universal Motown fell through, although I wouldn't blame them, she's been tough to work with lately, but she is getting back on track, contrary to TMZ's bullshit.

She's about to shoot a movie, and after that, music will be her number one priority. We need recent songs to shop to the other labels, so everything's ready when she finishes shooting the movie.

So far, we've got a handful of songs to shop, but we need more.

When will you be back in the studio?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hi JANE!

Oh that's great to hear! What's the movie?

I'll be back after Easter, I have some commitments ot of town, so. But I'll get back to you for sure!

FIRSTNAME

Sent from an Internet phone

JANE DOE posted:

A movie called "The Other Side"

Keep me notified!

Best wishes!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Have a great Easter too!

FIRSTNAME

Sent from an Internet phone

JANE DOE posted:

Thank you!
Let me know when you're back in the studio.

Stay in touch, and take care!

JANE DOE posted:

Hey!

Are you back in the office yet?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hey JANE!

Yeah, I just got back! I've attached the songs here, sorry about the delay.

Cheers,
FIRSTNAME

Free MP3 download: Canberra.mp3
Free MP3 download: InNOTcent.mp3
Free MP3 download: Out of Faces.mp3
Free MP3 download: Slap it!.mp3
Free MP3 download: Swimming (in a pool).mp3

Note: we got kinda bored so there's only vocals on Canberra (mine) and Slap it! (my sister).

JANE DOE posted:

I meant the songs Lindsay actually recorded, not the ones she didn't get around to.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Oh yeah only Canberra and Slap It! had vocals recorded.

JANE DOE posted:

What did you send me?

These aren't really the Lindsay songs you've done, are they?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hi JANE

Sorry, I haven't had the time to do the full vocal processing on the
tracks yet. Hopefully they'll give an indication of the final product
though.

FIRSTNAME

JANE DOE posted:

What are you playing at?

That is not Lindsay's voice.

These sound like something you could put together on GarageBand.

What's going on?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Alright you got me

I'm just some dude, not the guy from COMPANY.

JANE DOE posted:

Seriously, really?

You just wasted a lot of my time and effort. I hope you're happy.

Why would you do this?

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 8, 2016

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the gchq released the answers for their puzzles http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/puzzleinabucket/GCHQ_Puzzle_2015_-_Solutions.pdf

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
agreed, sending half a dozen emails is a waste of time and only makes the recipient happy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Phone posted:

agreed, sending half a dozen emails is a waste of time and only makes the recipient happy

i was pretty happy

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Clockwerk posted:

probably depends on what you think of your neighbors. it ranges from *knock on some doors and ask if they got any misaddressed mail* to put a security freeze on your credit

no idea about these neighbors

I stopped by the leasing office before heading to the post office. Good thing too, because the property manager said "I know what's been going on with your mail" as soon as I walked in. Turns out someone had moved into an apartment at the other end of the goddamn complex and their apartment is one number off of ours. They had been wondering why they had to go across the lot to get their mail, and I had at least one of their letters.

So, the manager is going to get in touch with them and see if they still have our mail. Honestly I hope they do, because at this point I have more faith in two people I don't know at all than in the chucklefucks at our local PO.

Fun postscript: when the property manager brought this up to the letter carrier he basically looked at her like she was crazy and said "that can't happen". Well guess what fucker...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

oh yes, snooker ball colors of course.

(note, i didn't actually look at the puzzles before today)

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Note: we got kinda bored so there's only vocals on Canberra (mine) and Slap it! (my sister).

im crying.
the explosions on Slap It! were especially on point.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

quote:

Seriously, really?

You just wasted a lot of my time and effort. I hope you're happy.

Why would you do this?

Because Lindsay ruined HERBIE FULLY LOADED

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Lmao that lohan thing

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
lol lindsay lohan

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

my jam

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

:chanpop:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
so i have officially launched canario, which replaces canary as a name and application

https://canarypw.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/a-new-name-and-a-massive-update/

basically i now inspect the data i extract so i can have data samples with bit.ly links and it'll attempt to extract whatever urls it finds along the way. i also grab ip addresses from whatever hosts i extract. at some point i may grab the mx data and also start to separate what is inferred and what is actually in the samples

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
https://twitter.com/briankrebs/status/696760327476793346

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

some dude in Alabama or somewhere has my gmail address registered for his voicemail-to-email service. I've tried texting the people who are leaving him voicemails to explain the situation, or get his real email address, but no dice. I need to get my doxx on to get it sorted out

E: snapchat: you might want to edit out the "real song" name from the Lohanite, since it probably leads to the producer credit pretty easily

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/08/hacker-leaks-justice-department-staff-info/

quote:

The US government has yet another security breach on its hands. Late yesterday, a Twitter account posted a Department of Homeland Security staff directory containing names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers and more for over 9,000 employees. "This is for Palestine, Ramallah, West Bank, Gaza, This is for the child that is searching for an answer," the post read. What's more, the hacker claims they have details on 20,000 FBI employees and plan to leak those next.
Oh great, more of this bullshit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

E: snapchat: you might want to edit out the "real song" name from the Lohanite, since it probably leads to the producer credit pretty easily

good call, ty

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
social engineering strikes again http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hacker-plans-to-dump-alleged-details-of-20000-fbi-9000-dhs-employees

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

*crushes scanner in hand*

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh nice, not-my-email dude signed up for publisher's clearinghouse, which put his postal address in some email they sent him, so now I can try to write him a letter explaining what he's done wrong. I'm sure this will be a very satisfying experience

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Snapchat A Titty posted:

this is all relaly really good lmao

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

anthonypants posted:

wait, did google give you those 20 email addresses?

I honestly don't remember, it could have been partially masked (fart******boner.420@gmail.com, etc)

I'd check but that would mean searching my gmail inbox and as we all know google sucks at search

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

oh nice, not-my-email dude signed up for publisher's clearinghouse, which put his postal address in some email they sent him, so now I can try to write him a letter explaining what he's done wrong. I'm sure this will be a very satisfying experience

Please share when he writes back and accuses you of hacking him

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

looking forward to him finding out who you are and the resulting "facebook stole my e-mail"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DocEvil/@fart/Jon Hendren wrote a fun article on breaches

https://medium.com/@fart/why-companies-have-data-breaches-and-i-have-to-get-a-new-debit-card-and-this-is-bullshit-9168eeaf2c0a#.7jeo23r1r

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
spideroak has a new product https://spideroak.com/articles/press-release-semaphor-to-give-team-collaboration-privacy

and some guy in the qcs technical thread is trying really hard to complain that the forums don't work on opera 12

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

anthonypants posted:

and some guy in the qcs technical thread is trying really hard to complain that the forums don't work on opera 12

My bespoke artisanal browser tabs :qq:

MBAs :argh:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

spideroak has a new product https://spideroak.com/articles/press-release-semaphor-to-give-team-collaboration-privacy

regardless of the fact opera 12 is dumb and bad, a forum shouldn't be doing anything so fancy that it doesn't work right on an old browser

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

fishmech posted:

regardless of the fact opera 12 is dumb and bad, a forum shouldn't be doing anything so fancy that it doesn't work right on an old browser

not supporting encryption standards of the 1990s is "fancy"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

if the old browser only supports lovely ssl ciphersuites, then definitely the forums user needs to do something namely use a modern browser

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fishmech posted:

Opera 12 doesn't work with modern TLS ciphers. The encryption on the whole forum would have to be nerfed for everyone to get them to shut up.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
but the forums don't use HTTPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

qntm posted:

but the forums don't use HTTPS

sure they do

• Locked thread