Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Is there a larger version of :gary:?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 9, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hello from the future, friend. Enjoy the next 200 pages, they are riveting!

Also welcome to Silver bullet.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Daztek posted:

Lol, SilverBullet got probated and they actually removed the post with my versebusters episode :(

non compliance with mandatory collegiate citizen behaviour shall be neutralised swiftly with extreme prejudice

all hail the stimpire

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
SilverBullet know that your Ben bitchslapping warmed the cockles of my heart. If you ever get in trouble here give me a call, I have the dirt on Lowtax.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beet Wagon posted:

Hello from the future, friend. Enjoy the next 200 pages, they are riveting!

Also welcome to Silver bullet.
We're just starting week 2 of the month* of no PU updates of consequence and the brown sea is already salty. Guess it's okay to pump out crappy videos as long as the PU is getting updated, but stop that and suddenly...

*actually the PU isn't getting anything for at least a year, but gotta dampen those expectations one month at a time!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ben, i feel that this whole situation has gotten out of hand and you're not sure how to deal with it. i'm sure you're wrought with anxiety, constantly feeling that sinking feeling in your stomach. i've been here for quite a while and if I've learned one thing, it's that lowtax is very accommodating. if you send him a pm i'm confident he'll close this thread because personal attacks, doxxing, and video game narrative control is not acceptable here.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

SilverBullet know that your Ben bitchslapping warmed the cockles of my heart. If you ever get in trouble here give me a call, I have the dirt on Lowtax.
Basically calling him out as a useless accessory to the whole thing both cuts deep and is the realest of realtalk.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

hahahaha

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ben we can still be friends

pm me

we'll sort something out

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

I am a jack of all trades, master of none :shobon:

Also, I am sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9elfrrF4M

MP3: http://we.tl/9xKTV0l5Ew

Can I borrow your music?
it is music to my ears

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Someone should get Ben an account, you know.... so we can....comfort him in his hour of need.... -cough- :D

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Can I borrow your music?
it is music to my ears

Yes, it is F2P(Free to Parp)

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

nightwisher posted:

Say what you want about E:D but I personally got burnt by their sale they put on a few weeks ago. Bought the base game for 20bux, not knowing there was a standalone expansion coming literally a few days later that costs $40 in addition, and it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the product page. So now I have to spend more money than what I would have in the first place because of a shady sale timing. Still managed to get a refund though, thankfully, so my opinion of Frontier is better than CIG at least. But man, that was a lovely loving move.

The expansion was announced 5 months ago. And you would have gotten a $15 credit on the purchase of Horizons, meaning you would have payed a whopping $5 more to play it earlier.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eonwe posted:

wowzers, meeting Sandi in Richard Garriott's office

good job meeting a never-was in a has-been's office

:drat:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

first, ben has an account. second, i was being serious. as someone who suffers from anxiety I implore you, ben, to contact lowtax and see what he can do. it gets better man...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Solar Plebeian should be moved to UE4 imo, it has much higher ~fidelity~ out of the box and is easily integrated into STEAM

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Yes, it is F2P(Free to Parp)

great stuff commando

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

nightwisher posted:

The gently caress are you on about? Who said anything about deliberately loving ME over? They put their base game on sale a week before they release an expansion that has 0 need for the base game, then give you no discount to buy the expansion, which is 3x what I paid for the game in the first place. It was a sneaky move that hosed over a bunch of people who decided to buy during that sale because of all the praise people were singing about the game at the time.

I guess the other thing that annoyed me is E:D is actually not that interesting to play personally, and the only thing that looked interesting, planetary landings and exploration, is another 40bux I don't want to spend just to be bored again in an hour.

Actually they did give a discount for past owners. 25%

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
silverbullet won't be able to register until the store is fixed, which zen death robot is working on

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

New 10 for the developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvlnG45Kois

e: I think they are drunk

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 9, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Google Butt posted:

first, ben has an account. second, i was being serious. as someone who suffers from anxiety I implore you, ben, to contact lowtax and see what he can do. it gets better man...

Ok in that case I take it back,sorry.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

death .cab for qt posted:

Calling bullshit on that. They probably had even more material prepared, or were hoping to make this another show option, but even SC posters didn't like it, so now "we only had 3 episodes planned" "we just coincidentally have one more to release" "it's definitely not because that one is already mostly done and we're releasing it anyway, it's because that's all the episodes we could possibly prepare! *tugs collar*"

It's Ben. Of course he's lying.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Evidently in the 30th century, everyone is the exact same height, but there MAY be something in the CryEngine that might (and this is by no means definite) allow them to make some different weights.

More game development waves crashing against the rock which is CryEngine.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Eonwe posted:

silverbullet won't be able to register until the store is fixed, which zen death robot is working on

i want an in-forum showroom where i can walk around and look at the cool avatars and platinum account perks i have purchased and watch mocapped npc's drink champagne

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VlJJwWLjg

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I love watching the gradual collapse of the RSI forums while they lose control of the narrative.

Welcome SilverBullet and all other commandos, come join the party :toot:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In XCOM news there's a cool buff called "Threat Assessment". I think of that reddit dude writing an angry post about Derek Smart when I use it.

Also terrain is destructible just like the old sprite based XCOMs. Leveling buildings is a viable option when you have dudes high up shooting at you. Haven't seen a first XCOM like autocannon with HE rounds for completely leveling maps but I'm sure someone will mod it.

Berious fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 9, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

man there is a notable difference in tone when the developers show up. from the get-go they're being all "thanks so much we are so grateful to the backers for allowing us to provide for our families"

contrasted with Great Dictator Roberts getting all pissy that folks are asking him about star marine, it's really something else

basically i hope that a bunch of the programmers and developers manage to get out of this in one piece because it sounds like a hellish thing to be stuck in

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
brb just discovered I have epilespsy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

fuctifino posted:

The one on the left has the whole back of his head that's bald. Anyone else notice this??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

brb just discovered I have epilespsy

stay safe posting ghost

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

SIlverBullet has gone allahu akbar.

Getting a 10$ account is the the best bargain he'll get for whatever was invested into space jpegs. Like Zoidberg trading his shares of PlanetExpress for a sandwich.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

stay safe posting ghost

I will not haunt you friend, I will haunt others but not you

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gilganixon posted:

i'm going to be an artist. i'll make my UEC drawing pictures of jpgs and posting them on my parpreon

E and my deviantparp

Solar Plebeian needs concept artists for our upcoming interminable crowdfunding campaign. So just keep that on simmer.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No Mods No Masters posted:

The one on the left has the whole back of his head that's bald. Anyone else notice this??

He used to be a loudmouth arrogant coder but one day he made a mistake and his fiance got killed. He went on a Benedictine monastery and only came out of seclusion after hearing a couple of other monks commenting that Chris Roberts had returned to save PC gaming.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Solar Plebeian should be moved to UE4 imo, it has much higher ~fidelity~ out of the box and is easily integrated into STEAM

I think Toops needs to find some old broken game engine that no one uses anymore and spend all his time pissing about trying to force it to do something it was never designed for. Cocos3d is a good candidate.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

http://partedveil.com/index.php?p=1&quote=6343036

we're probably not doing these anymore hehe we haven't even really planned anything out.

also I've been thinking about what can we do to make you like them in the future? hehe not that we're doing more but its fun thinking about things.

loving idiot has no concept of the monetary cost of their TIME as employees of the loving company.

If you take an hour of time and it takes 4 employees an hour then the amount of money wasted is each person's hourly wage PLUS the productivity lost. NOT the damned props. I do feel a little bad for Ben, he's too dumb to understand he's dumb.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Toops posted:

Solar Plebeian needs concept artists for our upcoming interminable crowdfunding campaign. So just keep that on simmer.

since no one's ever getting their dream job in the 'verse (unless that dream job is buying ships while standing in a t-pose and clipping through the floor of a beautifully rendered showroom) I should have plenty of time to draw concepts in your 'verse too commando o5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Berious posted:

Also terrain is destructible just like the old sprite based XCOMs. Leveling buildings is a viable option when you have dudes high up shooting at you at all times.
There, I fixed that for you.

Always Be Grenading

• Locked thread