Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Whats really sad is they will never hold Croberts responsible , the unhinged ones that is. They will blame Derek Smart and that reporter from the escapist etc . I know this forum is for comedy etc, but I have met some of these guys and when this goes up I really wouldn't put anything beyond them. There are a load of current and ex military guys and various Eastern European Physco's not to mention the Nazi contingent and the gun nuts ... some very very scary people are invested into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EightAce posted:

Whats really sad is they will never hold Croberts responsible , the unhinged ones that is. They will blame Derek Smart and that reporter from the escapist etc . I know this forum is for comedy etc, but I have heard met some of these guys and when this goes up I really wouldn't put anything beyond them. There are a load of current and ex military guys and various Eastern European Physco's not to mention the Nazi contingent and the gun nuts ... some very very scary people are invested into this.

The Tsar wants the best for us, but he has bad advisors.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

Whats really sad is they will never hold Croberts responsible , the unhinged ones that is. They will blame Derek Smart and that reporter from the escapist etc . I know this forum is for comedy etc, but I have met some of these guys and when this goes up I really wouldn't put anything beyond them. There are a load of current and ex military guys and various Eastern European Physco's not to mention the Nazi contingent and the gun nuts ... some very very scary people are invested into this.

Stay safe developer ghost.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TTerrible posted:

Stay safe developer ghost.

We need a Solar Plebeian gamemode called Stay Safe Developer Ghost

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

EightAce posted:

Luckily for Derek the redditors and others have been so terrified of using his real name for fear of invoking his true powers the deranged whales will be trying to for some guy named "Dumb Simpleton" or "Derphead Shart"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beexoffel posted:

To me it comes across as the re-defined words like how managers do when they can't properly describe their thoughts, or want to create a word-illusion so everyone thinks they understand each other and he can do what he wants. Providing the symbols of thought so people don't use their own thinking.

Yes, the term far predates Star Citizen. It was often used alongside terms such as realism and immersion. It was the kind of term vomited up in lazy game reviews for years and years. It makes about as much sense in a review as the word 'fun'. You are supposed to just nod your head and pretend to understand what the writer means when they use it. It is far more useful to explain why something is high fidelity, or fun, or immersive rather than just stating it.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

(Sorry for Daily Mail.)

Nothing wrong with the Mail.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gilganixon posted:

ITT that would be this guy :

or maybe this guy :

but eonwe's pretty good I guess

im no slouch either but im not really giving it my all here

In it, voted 5

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What % of illfonic code is in the current build?

:kiddo:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:rolleye: yahhuh

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"...a little further down the line."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Iridium posted:

concept art for the Sporche.

Well...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

I wouldn't worry about it that much. Eve online has more than it's fair share of this kind of idiot and real money involved, at least for the renters in the Drone regions. It requires :effort: to drag your cheeto-dusted bulk someplace to act on your frustrations, so most just threaten from a keyboard.

I was trying to find the thread where Remedial was offered the services of a Russian to go chainsaw the power lines of a rival, but couldn't locate it; poo poo got crazy for a while, though.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

G0RF posted:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

G0RF posted:

"We're really hoping everyone will stop talking about it at some point"

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Never ceases to amaze me just how staggeringly deceptive this guy is.
It's so loving obvious that there is nothing Illfonic made in the current shitcake that is SC.

Go gently caress yourself FatBen.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Will Solar Plebeian be producing high quality advertisements showcasing the craft?

Also I am interested in a Solar Plebeian themed HOTASS. This is important for my immersion.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Incombibulator posted:

Never ceases to amaze me just how staggeringly deceptive this guy is.
It's so loving obvious that there is nothing Illfonic made in the current shitcake that is SC.

Go gently caress yourself FatBen.

Well, they did spend months writing about the great merge of the Illfonic code. There must be SOMETHING in 2.1 that Illfonic made.
Right? They didn't just spend that time doing "Accept my version" for every single merge conflict? They wouldn't do that, right?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hav posted:

I wouldn't worry about it that much. Eve online has more than it's fair share of this kind of idiot and real money involved, at least for the renters in the Drone regions. It requires :effort: to drag your cheeto-dusted bulk someplace to act on your frustrations, so most just threaten from a keyboard.

I was trying to find the thread where Remedial was offered the services of a Russian to go chainsaw the power lines of a rival, but couldn't locate it; poo poo got crazy for a while, though.

No one banked their future happiness on EVE though. Every hardcore EVE player knew that game only came with misery, decline & neglect. Some guys made money selling space gold, but I think even making some money on some game gives you perspective that blowing all your money on the promise of future fulfillment really doesn't.

I won't be surprised if some shitizens snap when it all goes tits up.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I can't tell if this is serious or if it's a joke.

To be honest, this is what pisses me off the most about this debacle.

It has broke my sarcasm detector. It utterly destroyed it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
me | is this game out yet?
citizen 1 | noo >.>
1 | 2018
2 | Nope 2020 :D

CIG chat is getting better recently.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Will Solar Plebeian be producing high quality advertisements showcasing the craft?

Also I am interested in a Solar Plebeian themed HOTASS. This is important for my immersion.

Here is my sweet setup

I wear military fatigues for maximum immersion because I'm a serious gamer playing serious sims

Jealous spoors? :smugbert:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
me | but crobberts himself told me we're getting the game this year...
somedude | Rule #1... CR has no actual control over when and how things get done.
somedude | He has control over the income of the people who do that.

This is hilarious.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Berious posted:

Here is my sweet setup

I wear military fatigues for maximum immersion because I'm a serious gamer playing serious sims

Jealous spoors? :smugbert:

You need this

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's Ben. Of course he's lying.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Do we have controller innovations for you, citizen;

Berious posted:

No one banked their future happiness on EVE though.

I'd take exception to that and present exhibit A, Star Citizens with Eve PTSD.

Exhibit B - https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/43433827/ - Plexes are bought with real money/ingame, $20 each on Amazon. That ship was holding $1600. The number of people losing these in low sec is absolutely dizzying.

Edit: I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the 'fuckgoons' that ended up using a fund to buy new teeth...

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Can we get Santaball as well?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

moonraker posted:

Also who can forget SG Oscar winning performance at gamescom , I had a tear in my eye . I was a bit worried about where the backers money was going, but thank god CR walked in on water later in the show and dropped a shed load of paper on the floor like John Wayne spitting his gum out , for one of his minions to pick up later . I knew at that moment , the millions of donated dollars where in safe hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibI9Lmv2BFY

:eyepop:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Daztek posted:

You need this

Ah, gently caress! Get a ruler you incompetent mongoloid. This is the worst thing I have ever seen, what is it from? What monster thought that any of this was okay?

I am so triggered right now.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I would like to suggest some achievments for Solar Plebeian:

"Non-consensual PVP!" - destroy an enemy in one hit without taking damage yourself

"Full Burn!" - ram an enemy at full speed

"Two weeks!" - ram an enemy but inflict no more than 2% damage

"Hollywood Dreams!" - ram an enemy and inflict no damage

"Let me loving finish!" - score five hits in a row on the same victim without taking damage

"That's him in the wheelchair!" - steal a kill from another player when the victim is almost destroyed

"Professional Threat Assessment!" - a near miss, you go for a ram but veer away at the last second

"Goonswarm!" - three or more players hit the same target simultaenously

"Derek's Smarties!" - destroy the enemy team without a single loss on your side

"Fidelity!" - your ship glitches through another player's, destroying both

"All hail The Fourth Stimpire!" - kill the same player three times in a row

"Hanger Ready!" - survive with just 1% health remaining

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6344865/#Comment_6344865

Sucks that we have more control over how CIG operates than they do, but what can you do :shrug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Daztek posted:

You need this

I'm the sole working light behind the "Shields" label.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Natron posted:

Ah, gently caress! Get a ruler you incompetent mongoloid. This is the worst thing I have ever seen, what is it from? What monster thought that any of this was okay?

I am so triggered right now.

Rude, it's a PROTOTYPE, jeez

Star Citizen Control Panel PROTOTYPE

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Oh, I didn't realize it was an alpha. Phew, that excuses everything and I am now excited because of all the :gary: potential :gary:.

Edit: The third sentence of that link is: "Right now my plan for Star Citizen is VR, leaning heavily towards the HTC Vive. Thinking ahead a bit, also very bored the past week, I though of how many buttons are needed to play." A VR panel for a non-game with no VR. :allears:

Natron fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 9, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A great deal of nothing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6344865/#Comment_6344865

Sucks that we have more control over how CIG operates than they do, but what can you do :shrug:

Not only that, he insulted Lesnick.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Oh god it's real. I thought most of the buttons were just little blobs of kids modelling clay. Also that thread like most others has shitizens dreaming up random features that were never hinted at but will surely happen

Crobbers really struck gold finding this lot

e: although props to the dude for condensing down the exciting multicrew role of engineer into 7 buttons for shields

Berious fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 9, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Looks more like a joystick to me

:wink:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Daztek posted:

A great deal of nothing

Sooo that explains the radio silence from Moon Colider, yeesh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

I just had a great shower. I know it was great, because I had two new awesome ideas for Solar Plebian.

Idea #1 is a weapon.

Let me introduce the D3RK Smartbomb. It's the final word in any altercation, because it lets you loving finish.

Idea #2 is a planet.

Planet Awful. It's name betrays it's true nature as the most popular destination in the 'universe, due to it's low tax, and no voting system.

Folks are more than welcome to fluff these out and run with them.

Solar Plebeian

Smartbomb should disable enemy ships by overloading the screen with blog text. Maybe we can get D_Smart's permission to use actual blog text so he doesn't sue the pants off everyone. Disabling the ship makes it easier to loving finish the fight by ramming them straight to hell.

Planet Awful could be a wonderful vacation spot, where visitors can shop, relax, and go sight-seeing. Daily safaris take visitors out to witness the primitive and warlike Ghün in their natural habitat. Just be careful, the smell of fun enrages the primitive Ghüns, and they will attempt to destroy any game they see, especially if it is being played by one of the frog-like peoples of Rebbit VII.

• Locked thread