Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Depths posted:

Reminder: do not solo queue

My experiences aren't so bad :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Awesome Welles posted:

I have lost/tied the last 4 rounds despite being the top fragger on my team every time :qq:

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 9, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kumbamontu posted:

i enjoy the solo queue
You're a goddamn masochist.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm an internet libertarian, i will bootstrap myself to global gosh durnit

my ign is john galt

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm an internet libertarian, i will bootstrap myself to global gosh durnit

my ign is john galt

well I've seen worse justifications for buying hacks I guess

Awesome Welles posted:

this is probably the one area where na:cs is superior to euros

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah but for real i usually get good vibes in games solo

i find calmly repeating the phrase 'good vibes' in a soothing voice over and over does the trick

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

yeah but for real i usually get good vibes in games solo

i find calmly repeating the phrase 'good vibes' in a soothing voice over and over does the trick

Being Nice and not Getting Frustrated On The Mic is a good life policy imo

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
you should ALWAYS mic up and yell gently caress after you die

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
*presses ingame mic bind*
*sighs loudly*

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

*presses ingame mic bind*
*sighs loudly*
Please don't copy my venting strategy after every death, tyvm.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
In the OP it states:

Also be sure to select 'Use Raw Input' in the options. Most operating systems have mouse acceleration turned on by default which will screw with your aim. Having a 1-1 interpretation of your movements is significantly better.

Where can I see if this option is turned on? I can't seem to find these settings within Windows 7.. Also under the motion settings I see a "Enhance Pointer Precision" box, should that be checked?What does that do?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Is there a trick to getting stable framerate in this poo poo game? i keep dropping from 300 to 200-190 on a loving 980

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

fyallm posted:

In the OP it states:

Also be sure to select 'Use Raw Input' in the options. Most operating systems have mouse acceleration turned on by default which will screw with your aim. Having a 1-1 interpretation of your movements is significantly better.

Where can I see if this option is turned on? I can't seem to find these settings within Windows 7.. Also under the motion settings I see a "Enhance Pointer Precision" box, should that be checked?What does that do?

It's in the CSGO setting menu, under mouse/keyboard. When I had my old Logitech I kept it off so I could use the angle snapping their software provided, but new mouse doesn't support that and it was likely a placebo effect anyways.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

It's in the CSGO setting menu, under mouse/keyboard. When I had my old Logitech I kept it off so I could use the angle snapping their software provided, but new mouse doesn't support that and it was likely a placebo effect anyways.

Hum ok. While in teh game, I feel like my mouse is sluggish. Like I will move my mouse to the right and then to the left and I feel like it is still sluggish and still moving to the right when I move it to the left. Any ideas? Sorry if that didn't make sense.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I solo queue because when I gently caress up and play like poo poo, I let down 4 other strangers instead of the people on my friends list :unsmith:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fyallm posted:

Hum ok. While in teh game, I feel like my mouse is sluggish. Like I will move my mouse to the right and then to the left and I feel like it is still sluggish and still moving to the right when I move it to the left. Any ideas? Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Is it wireless or wired? Could also just be FPS lag or input lag if you are on a laptop or underpowered computer.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

Is it wireless or wired? Could also just be FPS lag or input lag if you are on a laptop or underpowered computer.

It is wired. And it is an underpowered computer, so I was hoping it was not that.. But I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks!

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fyallm posted:

It is wired. And it is an underpowered computer, so I was hoping it was not that.. But I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks!

CSGO is actually heavily dependent on CPU more then GPU when it comes to frame rate, so if your processor is old that is likely going to be cause. Try playing with cl_showfps 1 enabled and when you get the lag you will likely see your FPS dip low. 200-300+ is what most professionals shoot for iirc.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I solo queue.

I should stop, it's the main reason I don't play comp more often.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

CSGO is actually heavily dependent on CPU more then GPU when it comes to frame rate, so if your processor is old that is likely going to be cause. Try playing with cl_showfps 1 enabled and when you get the lag you will likely see your FPS dip low. 200-300+ is what most professionals shoot for iirc.

i5-4310U @2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics

On this laptop I average around like 20ish FPS. So I am sure it is that.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Turn all graphics settings to low/off and lowering the resolution should help a lot, a few updates ago they reset every ones graphics settings with a new auto detection setting because valve.

Also I am pretty happy with still being DMG after the changes a few months ago to rankings, games are a lot closer and have less wild swings in skill gap between players unless a rare smurf appears.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is it normal for the game to hiccup/stutter when I access my inventory or press escape during a match? It's like a split second of stutter.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
And ffs turn off v-sync, that's probably what the problem is.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

drat 2 pages in and these posts are already unreadable hot garbage.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

1.5 sens, 500DPI, 500Hz polling rate, 1280x1024 resolution, pillarboxed on a 1080p panel.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

For real though, when the gently caress is the next operation, my Steam wallet misses its guaranteed $15.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Alighieri posted:

Turn all graphics settings to low/off and lowering the resolution should help a lot, a few updates ago they reset every ones graphics settings with a new auto detection setting because valve.

Also I am pretty happy with still being DMG after the changes a few months ago to rankings, games are a lot closer and have less wild swings in skill gap between players unless a rare smurf appears.

N64 mode for the win.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Awesome Welles posted:

For real though, when the gently caress is the next operation, my Steam wallet misses its guaranteed $15.

Probably still reeling from having to roll back their spray changes. Or waiting till its nearer to the next major maybe?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

needs to be a 4:3 reslution

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

What resolution is that? Mine definitely needs to look like that. Going to attempt to lower everything else again tonight to hopefully fix it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

How would you set this up? It looks like something my lovely non-gaming laptop could run

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

How would you set this up? It looks like something my lovely non-gaming laptop could run

I doubt comp servers will let it work since the textures look to be redone, likely its a mod or just a photoshop someone made.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Alighieri posted:

I doubt comp servers will let it work since the textures look to be redone, likely its a mod or just a photoshop someone made.

Yeah no this kind of graphics fuckery is banned. It involves loving with the DX version and various drivers on your video card.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

Shame that poo poo is banned, I kinda like the Team Fortressy look

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

R_picmip 12 baby

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Alighieri posted:

This thread boosted my FPS by a lot.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

huh. I might try that. Although I do like N64 mode.

Also some people actually report performance improvement from using -lv in their launch commands.

-lv activates "low violence" mode for countries that mandate it. You no longer kill your enemies but instead your bullets bully them into throwing their hands up and then they collapse to the floor.

There might actually be something behind this since there's no longer blood splatter/spray and the dead bodies don't rag doll (the surrender animation is preprogramed so no calculations done). So there's less going on. :shrug: I guess.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

fennesz posted:

Reinstalling my realtek sound driver fixed a massive FPS issue on my old computer.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Awesome Welles posted:

Someone on the subreddit predicted it to be the last week of February due to the dates of the major qualifier/major.

I sincerely hope it's just soon. I want my skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
let's just have Vanguard again