Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

I have spent a lot of money on my modern deck and so my friends just built hard counter decks to it and now I'm trapped

This is why spending money on MtG is for losers and terrible people whose money burns a hole in their pocket.

I just use the free half-decks that I get at PAX. I have like 10 of them now that I've managed to create some fun decks. I like blue/black or blue/white.

Red is garbage and if you play using red you're a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Magic is too expensive of a hobby. Ever since they added Ultra Rares and planeswalkers its become more of a cashgrab than it already was. Drafting or playing with that gigantic box of ancient cards from under your bed are really the only way to play high level magic without investing like $500 in a deck that will last you a year before some of the cards are rotated out of Standard.

Just play hearthstone alone and cry into your wine cup

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like its been a while since i been to that film club so they may have changed by now but i think its understandable why i want to stick far away

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

This is why spending money on MtG is for losers and terrible people whose money burns a hole in their pocket.

I just use the free half-decks that I get at PAX. I have like 10 of them now that I've managed to create some fun decks. I like blue/black or blue/white.

goblin hating scum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Asiina posted:

One day I will sell my collection to fund my drug habit

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd never play one of my free decks against someone who had bought individual cards or some other nonsense.

I did a draft thing once with friends when they bought a whole box of the little booster packs and the four of us built decks out of it to play for the night. That was fun, although I still think they are crazy since that must have cost a fair amount of money.

PBS Newshour posted:

like its been a while since i been to that film club so they may have changed by now but i think its understandable why i want to stick far away

It might be different people now you should try again!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

PBS Newshour posted:

there is a short form improv thing here but when i go on their page its unfunny memes and it makes me scared :(

Short form improv tends to be pretty rough and that's kind of the nature of it. Sometimes it doesn't work.

I think another thing, and maybe I'm totally off base here, is that sometimes it's good to spend time with and at least be friendly with people who may have different tastes on stuff you like. Even if the humor is lowbrow, trying to enjoy it can be a good experience, and you might be surprised, sometimes very witty people can enjoy fart and dick jokes and memes.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Booster boxes run about $80-$100 and the one time I ran the math it's a bit cheaper than buying the packs individually. Plus if you sell the rates you get you might get lucky and snag a high value card that could very well recoup the cost. That's prettybrare though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Sell the rares thanks for correcting a word I speled correctly phone.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Start a Splatoon club imo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For a second I thought this was the mafia discussion thread

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All threads are the mafia discussion thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
maybe i should just put a flyer on my door that says "hey anyone want to play board games with me??"

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Friction.123 posted:

Sell the rares thanks for correcting a word I speled correctly phone.

Ugh I hate when my phone does that.

The board games flyer is a good idea.

Podima do you like this sign I saw at kohls?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ugh I hate when my phone does that.

The board games flyer is a good idea.

Podima do you like this sign I saw at kohls?

Ha that's ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Podima (2): Friction.123, Tommunist
Friction.123 (2): CCKeane, Podima
imgay (1): imgay, Asiina, Asiina
Trasson (1): Asiina
Asiina (1): Friction.123, Friction.123, Trasson
TMMadman (1): TMMadman
Tommunist (0): Podima, Podima
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Friction.123, Friction.123

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, goodness, JakeP, Opopanax, PBS Newshour, Quidnose, SirSamVimes

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 11th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
stay fresh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh FYI I will be traveling Thursday through the weekend. I should be around (though likely phone posting) for deadline Thursday night, but would appreciate it if we didn't have a weekend deadline until Sunday night or something?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Splatfest: Mafia vs. BSG.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
also wow was a Podima game a weird game to have first. The deadline is three times as long and it's throwing me off.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:lol: Yeah all my games are faster than the norm, whether BSG or Mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Trasson posted:

also wow was a Podima game a weird game to have first. The deadline is three times as long and it's throwing me off.

only for d1. I started it late last night so there's that. Days will 48 at most going forward. (this weekend would be an exception)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Podima posted:

This is Trasson and Friction.123's second ever SA game, and the first one hasn't concluded yet. I don't blame them for being weirded out by jokephase, it's hard to get into.

##vote Friction.123 for mod sass tho

Strange playing of both sides, weird and easy vote, don't like this. Scumminess noted.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

Also I prefer content game to jokephase!

If you could pick one person in this game to vig on d1, who would you shoot?

(for newbies: 'vig' refers to 'vigilante,' a killing role that can shoot someone either during the day or the night. kashuno loves vigs on d1.)

This content game out of nowhere is also kind of odd.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Since friction is new this may be meaningless, but I don't like the lurking until called out posting that just happened. In light of being new to the game, WHO KNOWS.

I have absolutely no idea what this means and I also thought you were Ecco so now I'm entirely confused.

What is this in relation to, Keane, what are you even saying?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Quidnose posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this means and I also thought you were Ecco so now I'm entirely confused.

What is this in relation to, Keane, what are you even saying?

Quidnose
I had a post restriction, like a man without coins I cannot make sense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Friction.123 posted:

Maybe I am lurking until called out, or maybe you read it wrong completely and are just looking for something to content lurk about, or maybe you were just making a joke post in the joke phase, or maybe Barack Obama is actually a lizard person spying on our mafia game to see if we will be loyal minions of the illuminati, who knows?

I don't I'm too busy touching tips with my lab mate. University is a magical place.

Awkward self-insertion in the middle of dorm chat, feels self conscious. I don't know why Friction came out of nowhere to make sure that he commented on the heat on him and then continued with dorm chat as if nothing had happened. Strange.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Trasson posted:

Oh, I get jokephase fine. That's why I made a dumb joke!

This is also strange back to back and I don't see them doing it together as scum team but maybe one is riding on the other. HURM.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Quidnose posted:

Strange playing of both sides, weird and easy vote, don't like this. Scumminess noted.

##vote Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

:lol: Yeah all my games are faster than the norm, whether BSG or Mafia.

Podima let me know the next time your run BSG I want to play!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goodness posted:

##vote Quidnose

Who are you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I saw so many posts and was like YAY MAFIA TIME TO ANALYZE but apparently I am interrupting discussion so gently caress that nevermind :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Quidnose what is your favourite MtG deck?

Also are you scum?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
goodness gracious

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
blue milling

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Quidnose what is your favourite MtG deck?

Also are you scum?

i won a bunch of 6 player multiplayer games on magic online with a tooth and nail 4x kukosho deck back in the ravnica days it was probably my favorite deck ever

you would tooth and nail to insta play 2 kukoshos from your deck which then insta died from 2 legendary creature rule and you would do 10 damage to everyone and heal up for 50 health

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i should say 6 player multiplayer tournaments

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Quidnose posted:

Also I saw so many posts and was like YAY MAFIA TIME TO ANALYZE but apparently I am interrupting discussion so gently caress that nevermind :v:

just lol if you are analyzing any of day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha ya lmbo

• Locked thread