Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

bwahahaha.

the times they are a changin.

Only Tarkaroshe is left to defend wesha's terrible life decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

flyboi posted:

I have no whiskey but I do have ambien to help me sleep so I guess we shall give it a whirl.

That is terrible.

In a cruel twist of fate, I couldn't taste my whiskey earlier but thought "Oh well, at least I won't taste that nasty NyQuil." Then Fate stepped in and thought "HA! You stupid fucker; here, have a mouthful of fully flavored dextromethorphan."

God drat it.

On the upside, the antihistamine is finally kicking in. Good night, sweet thread: And flights of space angels sing thee to thy rest!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ratpick posted:

This is referring to something way back, but I have to say that it's really funny to think that people who are doing chargebacks for this thing are having to send proof of their reasoning, including public statements from CIG and videos and whatnot, and that someone working at the bank is having to go through them.

No snark towards anyone making a charbeback, if it's what you have to do to get out of this mess then I support you, I just find the idea of a bank employee having to watch Youtube videos of jpeg spaceships to make an informed decision inherently funny. I'm assuming some young tech-savvy intern at the bank has been currently given the job of "Here, look at this stuff about some internet spaceship game and see if it adds up."

I wonder about this too. What's the most effective way to provide evidence of failure to deliver here? Is there any guidance on how the process works with digital items?

Basically it would be a great service for the thread to host a "get a chargeback, citizen" template and walk through. CIGs financial mismanagement deserves nothing less

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

Good night, sweet thread: And flights of space angels sing thee to thy rest!

Dunno about space angels, but the porcelain Valkyries are singing me to intestinal Valhalla.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The star citizen threads eerily parallel the ones about Lockheed Martin's f-35. Goons love nothing if not a good trainwreck.

As shuttered as my expectations are for this game, I'd be very interested in seeing a team use one of these free engines to make a bootlegged star citizen. Who knows what people could accomplish if they actually designed the game prior to making it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44yn5g/im_personally_more_concerned_about_squadron_42/

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

flyboi posted:

I have no whiskey but I do have ambien to help me sleep so I guess we shall give it a whirl.

Be careful man you could wake up tomorrow and have bought a $15,000 Wing Commander ship pack and have given Dickwulf your cell phone number. It will have seemed like a good idea at the time

source: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109410

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Derek, which presidential candidate can you most relate to?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Psycho Society posted:

The star citizen threads eerily parallel the ones about Lockheed Martin's f-35. Goons love nothing if not a good trainwreck.

That's funny, Chris made a similar comparison.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CU in the V

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

That whole terrifying mystery was rather sad. Hmm. You could have a sad panda for a smilie.

It could be worse, though. I am sad because my sinuses are so stopped up I can't taste my whiskey. That is indeed a tragedy.

A tragedy on a scale most epic. OTOH, you have a hockey player to keep your attention off your sad existence...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha, the whole point of me teaching you to cook is so you don't start Lesnicking down pizzas the second I walk out the door.

Get rid of it.

PM me the leftovers. I just voluntarily watched LynchDune the other night. Because, you see, my name is Usul, which is the strength of the base of the pillar.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Ask me anything.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Psycho Society posted:

As shuttered as my expectations are for this game, I'd be very interested in seeing a team use one of these free engines to make a bootlegged star citizen. Who knows what people could accomplish if they actually designed the game prior to making it.

Part of the problem with SS is that its waaaaaay over ambitious. Like any programming project, it is finishable, but it requires serious resources. The cost of the game engine is almost not in the equasion compared to the human resources involved.

That said theres a few indy games that demonstrate that it is possible. Just with more realistic ambitions.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

back in yonder days

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Toops posted:

“In the end we all come to be cured of our sentiments. Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.” -Cormac McCarthy

I mean seriously. Every quote.

Remember this old favorite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8oZShTkPZU

BTW, I've found concept art for Solar Plebian's Stimpire Marines...

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

How's it goin'

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

so under fulfillment it says DONE but what does that actually mean with star citizen?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

a) do you have any concerns about the project and b) do you have any regrets?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Remember this old favorite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8oZShTkPZU

BTW, I've found concept art for Solar Plebian's Stimpire Marines...

are space boners illegal under the stimpire

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Chocobo posted:

Ask me anything.

Do you feel like you are death and hollow?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

also mods please change my name to 'star wrapped womb of death'

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

SUPER illegal

the illegality doubles every second

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kramjacks posted:

SUPER illegal

the illegality doubles every second

unfortunately so too, the boner

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Someone should tell him the good news, CIG isn't striving for perfect because they're still struggling to get it to work in the first place.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

Didn't you read the Stimpin' manual? Geez.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

D_Smart posted:

First comment: "You must be trolling"

I died.

Later on is the line

quote:

If I may take a phrase that Blizzard has used quite often.

"We'll release the game when we feel the game is ready.""

Actually I believe the term was "We'll release it when its done". And it was 3D Realms. In reference to Duke Nukem forever.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The sad thing is that I probably could do the Lesnick challenge.

You're 14 feet tall. It doesn't count.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6347495/#Comment_6347495

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Daztek posted:

I bought ED and now I am looking at HOTAS

Don't do drugsbuy spaceships, kids

I like the Thrustmaster HOTAS-X T-Flight whatever a lot. It's inexpensive and it has a solid feel to it and mine's worked well for Elite. Just have to set one of the buttons as a modifier and you double the number of key binds you can do

http://amzn.com/B001CXYMFS

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

One million dollar a month market for private servers

I want to get rid of human interaction

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'm pretty sure the Stimpire implants bombs in everyone's dong that explodes if they get hard.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it boggles my mind that those people arent trolling

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'm pretty sure the Stimpire implants bombs in everyone's dong that explodes if they get hard.

No you're genitals are surgically removed and people punch you in the dick or vag scars. This is encouraged.

Why do I know this. Please help me

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Do you feel like you are death and hollow?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What's stimpire?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
why can no citizen make their point in less than 2000 words?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Marching Powder posted:

why can no citizen make their point in less than 2000 words?

They have to spend the first 1500 words apologizing in case anyone might interpret something they say as slightly negative, and in any way less than completely supportive of CIG in every way.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

They have to spend the first 1500 words apologizing in case anyone might interpret something they say as slightly negative, and in any way less than completely supportive of CIG in every way.

for real. so many of those posts start with "now this isnt to say im not fully confident that we are gonna get a great game!" or some variation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sunk Cost: The Game.

• Locked thread