Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
What's the mentality behind him leaving Minor? Cops find him, he gets in the news as "hey if you've seen someone with this dog call us", Ravi gets suspicious... Am I overlooking something simple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It's pretty stupid in general. He could easily have kept the dog after losing the tracker. On the off chance that the cops did find Minor, and recognize it as the dog they were looking for, he's been saying he found it wandering around lost already. Taking home a lost puppy is completely in Major's character, and his apparent lack of connection to the victims means that they would no reason to suspect him.

The only reason they might have? He suspiciously gets rid of Minor right after he heard they were closing in on finding him.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Medullah posted:

What's the mentality behind him leaving Minor? Cops find him, he gets in the news as "hey if you've seen someone with this dog call us", Ravi gets suspicious... Am I overlooking something simple?

Now he knows that the police are still seriously looking for that dog, they haven't given up. He knows he's still on law enforcement radar because of the meat cute thing. He just realized that keeping the dog is much more dangerous than he thought.

Abandoning the dog is also dangerous. Taking it out of town to abandon it might have been better, but the dog probably does have a tattoo and/or chip, which is how they quickly identified random bus dog as the missing murder dog. The police could put pictures of the dog on the news, but it looks like a completely unremarkable basset hound. I think they did put out pictures of the dog when the guy was first missing, and nobody connected a missing basset hound with Major Boyscout suddenly finding a basset hound.

Killing the dog would have been the smart move, but he's too much of a softie to do that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Medullah posted:

If that happened, Ravi might ask him about it and Major might have to come clean to him, but its not like Ravi would tell Clive. Major got rid of the dog to avoid being arrested.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Now he knows that the police are still seriously looking for that dog, they haven't given up. He knows he's still on law enforcement radar because of the meat cute thing. He just realized that keeping the dog is much more dangerous than he thought.

Abandoning the dog is also dangerous. Taking it out of town to abandon it might have been better, but the dog probably does have a tattoo and/or chip, which is how they quickly identified random bus dog as the missing murder dog. The police could put pictures of the dog on the news, but it looks like a completely unremarkable basset hound. I think they did put out pictures of the dog when the guy was first missing, and nobody connected a missing basset hound with Major Boyscout suddenly finding a basset hound.

Killing the dog would have been the smart move, but he's too much of a softie to do that.

Major should have put the dog in the freezer with the 3 other zombies.

Then he realizes he forgot to turn the dog first. Whoops.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bellakitty posted:

Does anyone know the song playing at the end of the episode?
It really reminds me of the song from S1 of True Detective. To me it had the same feel to it.

Thousand Kisses Deep by Leonard Cohen.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Hello darkness my old friend..."

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

zoux posted:

I'm a Leonard Cohen fan, but the first place I ever heard this song was at the end of a Veronica Mars episode. So it's clearly a Rob Thomas favorite.

And Cohen did sing the theme song from S2 of True Detective, which could explain the familiar sound.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ShakeZula posted:

I'm a Leonard Cohen fan, but the first place I ever heard this song was at the end of a Veronica Mars episode. So it's clearly a Rob Thomas favorite.

And Cohen did sing the theme song from S2 of True Detective, which could explain the familiar sound.

Plus Cohen's music is just used in everything and covered by everybody, anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Etalommi posted:

It's pretty stupid in general. He could easily have kept the dog after losing the tracker. On the off chance that the cops did find Minor, and recognize it as the dog they were looking for, he's been saying he found it wandering around lost already. Taking home a lost puppy is completely in Major's character, and his apparent lack of connection to the victims means that they would no reason to suspect him.

The only reason they might have? He suspiciously gets rid of Minor right after he heard they were closing in on finding him.

Double posting because gently caress double quoting in the phone app.

Major obviously was under the impression the chip was inside the dog. Agent Totally Not Veronica even comments on the tracker being in the collar like it's a weird thing. He ditched the collar when he originally found Minor iirc, so if he had known it was in there all along bro never would have panicked in the first place.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Regardless they have a picture of the dog and it was stupid for Major to have him in the first place, sadly.

I love that this show, having run out of horrible things to do to Major, literally gives him an adorable dog for a good 10 episodes so he can bond with it and then makes him watch it give him puppy dog eyes out the back window of a rapidly vanishing bus.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

esperterra posted:

Double posting because gently caress double quoting in the phone app.

Major obviously was under the impression the chip was inside the dog. Agent Totally Not Veronica even comments on the tracker being in the collar like it's a weird thing. He ditched the collar when he originally found Minor iirc, so if he had known it was in there all along bro never would have panicked in the first place.

They are all pretty silly about dogs. The ID chips that get implanted in dogs are the size of a grain of rice and have no power source. Passive RFID. The only way to know they are there is to use a compatible scanner at very close range.

Long range GPS trackers need to be big enough for a good battery and various electronics, and they need to be accessible so the battery can be changed without surgery. The battery needs to be rechargeable or else stay charged for years until it is needed and run for several hours once activated. It's basically a tiny cell phone with no screen, so it's not going to be much smaller than those cell phone watches.

Major not knowing about it was fine, he only heard about it at the last minute and had no time to look anything up, but the cops really should have known what they were looking for.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Perhaps i missed the context, but why did Major stop to have a drink before rushing home to get Minor?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Energy drink for getting that energy for a badass parkour run across town.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Specifically the EVIL energy drink.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It was one of Max Rager's super energy drinks that was introduced earlier this season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Side effects this time did not include aggression or violence. Though I guess he did yell at that dog clerk lady a bit. She should be thankful he didn't throw a medicine ball at her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was kind of a throwaway gag in an episode full of them but I loved the delivery when Ravi and Major agreed with Liv about Clyde filling out a fitted shirt.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

zoux posted:

It was kind of a throwaway gag in an episode full of them but I loved the delivery when Ravi and Major agreed with Liv about Clyde filling out a fitted shirt.

Well, he does...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DarklyDreaming posted:

He's still technically "Cured" right now though so Peyton's probably fine.
Except that we know the virus is still in the "cured" people, just dormant, so they could easily still be infectious. Maybe the dormant virus is transmitted to others and they've just got a delay on when their symptoms begin.

zoux posted:

Ravi is the best part of this show every episode.

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

zoux posted:

Thanks. It has that same darkness to it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tiggum posted:

Ravi is the best part of this show every episode.

Truth. I bet it's printed at the top of every script.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The unboxing video and the look on Ravi's reaction was great.

I love that Vaughn is really upset at twitter trolls and crazy enough to do something to them.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rose McIver is knocking so far out of the park!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That was a phenomenal last scene. The brain that was stupid and annoying the entire episode ends up cracking the whole case!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wonder if Blaine's gonna tell one of his zombie cronies, "gently caress it, scratch me. I gotta kill a crime lord."

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Still waiting for Blaine's cure to revert at an opportune moment and do the job for him

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Lycus posted:

I wonder if Blaine's gonna tell one of his zombie cronies, "gently caress it, scratch me. I gotta kill a crime lord."

Not sure it would even work, since the virus is presumably still in his system. My question is, why not just have a couple of his zombie goons go take out Mr Boss?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Great episode, i loved the unboxing video.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Missed chance for a webisode series.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

One of the episode part titles was "Deaux, A Deer in the Headlights".

Just to break that down:
- "Doe, A Deer" Sound of Music reference
- Deer in the Headlights idiom
- Deaux, as in John Deaux, Blaine's horribly punny alias

T-T-T-Triple Combo :eyepop:

Tiggum posted:

Not sure it would even work, since the virus is presumably still in his system. My question is, why not just have a couple of his zombie goons go take out Mr Boss?

From a writing perspective, it's just way too simple to resolve the plot that way.

From a rationalize the writing perspective: the absolute last thing Blaine wants Boss to find out about is zombies. If he's going to kill Boss, he's going to do it so he can fully take over his crime network. That's going to take a lot of time and planning.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

From a writing perspective, it's just way too simple to resolve the plot that way.

From a rationalize the writing perspective: the absolute last thing Blaine wants Boss to find out about is zombies. If he's going to kill Boss, he's going to do it so he can fully take over his crime network. That's going to take a lot of time and planning.

I guess he's not ready for Boss to disappear just yet, but the whole thing of working with the DA seems unnecessarily risky when he can just make Boss disappear any time he wants so long as he's still the only one with an army of zombie minions. I guess there's the possibility that Boss might acquire some zombies of his own, but I wouldn't place that as a greater risk than the ones he exposes himself to by going to the DA.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blaine is pants shittingly terrified of Boss. Blain is afraid to face him.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, each time they met Blaine was beyond afraid of him. Was a nice change from his usual attitude.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Also, zombie's aren't invincible. A proper head shot appears to take them out.

Can't believe how dense this show has paced its plot. There's so much going on, and yet so much of it still sticks and resonates.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Angela Christine posted:

Major not knowing about it was fine, he only heard about it at the last minute and had no time to look anything up, but the cops really should have known what they were looking for.
If Major didn't consider of the possibility of Minor having a chip that the vet might have scanned; what are the chances that he thought to strip the metadata from that photo proof of his "kill" taken right next to his not dead frozen zombie collection?

Also isn't some sort of major damage to the head required for zombie death? That not being visible in the photograph might lead to similar problems.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it me or are they showing the wrong preview sometimes? They're showing one where Clive knows that Liv is a zombie and they talk about "FBI Agent brains" which kind of implies that Dale is dead. Which seems extreme to just be revealing and almost like it's for a later episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

muscles like this? posted:

Is it me or are they showing the wrong preview sometimes? They're showing one where Clive knows that Liv is a zombie and they talk about "FBI Agent brains" which kind of implies that Dale is dead. Which seems extreme to just be revealing and almost like it's for a later episode.

I don't care personally, but others may want you to spoil that. Plenty of people watch shows while avoiding previews on purpose.

e: you got there before my post went through. disregard!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha Blaine' dad screwing him in the will and then Blaine getting the old man make up to gently caress with him was great.

Even Clive is noticing the personality changes in Liv. Won't be long now until Clive is in on the secret.

Plot is moving at a good pace now. The murder of the week stuff tied in nicely to the main plot so it was barely noticeable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

This was a really fun episode, god drat am I not looking forward to Liv's latest boyfriends inevitable betrayal/death though.

• Locked thread