Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Hah! I know this one, she's a player character in an Exalted game of Dragonblooded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nice one dudes. Yeah there's a lot of Mass Effect style stuff which I've got, I'm kinda hunting down for field officer types but I got a crap load from pininterest. Thanks all. This thread owns.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I recently commissioned some art of an RP character of mine. Would this be a place to post them to be like 'woo, go check out these artists', once they're done?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That would be Cool and Good, yes.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Vadoc posted:

Hah! I know this one, she's a player character in an Exalted game of Dragonblooded.

Yeah, I lifted it from this thread when (someone? Part of the group, probably) posted it in here. The clothes always made me think 'Imperial Navy Officer'.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Anyone know where I can find some 80s style sci-fi art? I'm prepping for a game and need ~inspiration~.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Some neat lookin' Mad Max style vehicles for your post-apocalypse chases. My favorite is fortress-truck that's basically just a pile of cars with wheels.

source

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Any doctor/nurse women who aren't super pin-up-y?

Modern or near modern futuristic specifically?

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Trundel posted:

If anyone has some good picks for the either of the following it'd be awesome.

I need Hobgoblins that don't look slightly savage or have sharp edges everywhere on their armor and weapons. I've got a country in my campaign that is in control of Hobgoblins who are in most ways on par with every other civilization.

I also need something like a Doppleganger, but I'm looking more for an entirely smooth and featureless humanoid. The more unsettling the better!

Any takers at all?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Trundel posted:

Any takers at all?

I am not sure how many of these are useful to you, since hobgoblins don't have features as set in stone as, say, orcs and goblins, but here:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I drew this last year and the top left guy was supposed to be kind of hobgoblin-esque:

Here's the original if you hate jpeg artifacts: http://publicopinionrp.tumblr.com/image/109657231611

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I don't actually know what a hobgoblin looks like.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

The Crotch posted:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The Crotch posted:

They were originally basically goblins in Asian inspired armor.

1e AD&D:

2e AD&D:

Reapers new take on them from their 3rd bones kickstarter that I like:

And the minis based off of those:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

On the one hand, basing a monstrous races on another people is a lovely thing to do.
On the other hand, sweet Hextor yes hobgoblin Huns

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

paradoxGentleman posted:

On the one hand, basing a monstrous races on another people is a lovely thing to do.
On the other hand, sweet Hextor yes hobgoblin Huns

I ordered three sets of those hobgoblins based on Talin's art. They look nice!

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
Hobgoblins from the PFRPG campaign setting I'm working on.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Crotch posted:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This was posted in PYF Funny Comics:

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
Anyone happen to have a bunch of different Gnoll pictures? Specifically looking for some wearing plate armor, but any kind will do.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Mairn posted:

Anyone happen to have a bunch of different Gnoll pictures? Specifically looking for some wearing plate armor, but any kind will do.

I got these from here a long time ago.

Armored gnolls

Not so armored gnoll

Cute gnoll???

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy I got gnolls.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Mairn posted:

Here's some grassy gnolls

by Steve Hamilton; Ben Wootten; same; Alex Alexandrov

by Roxxy Goetz; ???; Conceptopolis

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Cross-posting from the daily drawings thread.

Some fan-art I did for 'Hello from the Magic Tavern', which seems like the kind of thing that people around here would like.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 26, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Those are some good gnolls. Have some more.

and my personal favorite

also

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I wish the d20 Modern books were anywhere near as cool as this gnoll, or any gnoll for that matter.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

grassy gnoll posted:

and my personal favorite

Well, that's going to be perfect and save me a lot of time.

Adding Gnoll immigrant mercenaries to my game now.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Ah, man, I had forgotten all about the gnoll landsknechte. That owns.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Playing the Stalwart in a 13th Age Game. Basically, it's a Folk Hero class. I'm looking Davey Crockett by way of Kobold/Lizardman; anything that's clothed and looks like a giant lizard is fine by me, but hair is ideal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Some of these are more dragon-y than lizard-y but w/e

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got a lizardfolk (modified dragonborn) in my 4e game and he keeps sending me lizardfolk pictures over Skype.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Golden Bee posted:

Playing the Stalwart in a 13th Age Game. Basically, it's a Folk Hero class. I'm looking Davey Crockett by way of Kobold/Lizardman; anything that's clothed and looks like a giant lizard is fine by me, but hair is ideal.

Lizards, not wizards:

by 2d-artist; Maxwell Davenport; Graey Erb; Firat Solhan

by Jin Yu; Mike Azevedo; Damian Mammoliti; Chris Rahn

by Tomasz Namielski; TAGANE; Dominick Saponaro; WanderingInPixels

by Jim Pavelec; Jeff Murchie; Daarken

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

This guy is awesome and would have been perfect for my Dragonborn Sorcerer in a long-dead campaign (he was a hit with the ladies)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I wish the d20 Modern books were anywhere near as cool as this gnoll, or any gnoll for that matter.

Oh drat it's the Ultimate Hustler in gnoll form.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
This is normally where I'd go DRAGONMEN gently caress YEAH but the dragonmen I designed a while back don't really fit the brief :(

But you know, feel free to go nuts with any of these if they take your fancy.

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/core/images/portraits/drakes/transparent

Or maybe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Trast posted:

Oh drat it's the Ultimate Hustler in gnoll form.

I knelt down and looked over the cliff. The bandit king and his retinue were almost here. Soon I would put an arrow through his chest and free this land from his depredations. Knowing my friends lay in wait for my signal I reached into my quiver for an arrow but to my horror none were there. Desperate, I looked inside but instead of fletching I only saw the grinning muzzle of that canine jackanape the Ultimate Hustler! "drat son how you expect to make shot like that when you got the depth perception of a cyclops!" My head swam as I staggered backwards. Before I could prepare a riposte he continued! "Sounds like yo crew gettin a poundin worse than I gave yo betrothed last night!" I collapsed against a tree for support. I had to help my fellows but he was upon me and whispered in my ear "an yo pointy ears lookin dumb as hell" and I was like drat

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

McKilligan posted:

Cross-posting from the daily drawings thread.

Some fan-art I did for 'Hello from the Magic Tavern', which seems like the kind of thing that people around here would like.

You'd probably be interested in the Hello from the Magic Tavern Thread.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cat Face Joe posted:

I knelt down and looked over the cliff. The bandit king and his retinue were almost here. Soon I would put an arrow through his chest and free this land from his depredations. Knowing my friends lay in wait for my signal I reached into my quiver for an arrow but to my horror none were there. Desperate, I looked inside but instead of fletching I only saw the grinning muzzle of that canine jackanape the Ultimate Hustler! "drat son how you expect to make shot like that when you got the depth perception of a cyclops!" My head swam as I staggered backwards. Before I could prepare a riposte he continued! "Sounds like yo crew gettin a poundin worse than I gave yo betrothed last night!" I collapsed against a tree for support. I had to help my fellows but he was upon me and whispered in my ear "an yo pointy ears lookin dumb as hell" and I was like drat

drat

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
What would an Ultimate Hustler prestige class be like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013