Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This 'meme'? Is being spread around conservative twitter:

GROUND GAME U SAY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Montasque posted:

GROUND GAME U SAY?

1 8 7 7 Dial 4 Donald
D I A L Dial 4 Donald
1 8 7 7 Dial 4 Donald
Ban all Muslims today

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/697273465380933632

No ironicat big enough...

And friend Ben is not done with his publicity tour quite yet.

https://twitter.com/RealBenCarson/status/697426168639856641

richardfun fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 10, 2016

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

What kind of playing do you think this is? What kind of miscues do you call this? What fuckin’ band do you think you’re playing on, MOTHERFUCKERS! You wanna gently caress with me on the bandstand?!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

richardfun posted:

Question for Joementum: how reliable is thegreenpapers.com? I got a little calendar for all the rest of the primaries off their website for both parties, since they had the most printer friendly version I could find.

Their calendar is totally reliable. Their delegate rules are like 99% accurate, but will be off on a couple of things. For that last 1% you'll need to check out Josh Putnam's FHQ site or twitter feed (@FHQ). He actually calls up the state party chairs to check on things, rather than parsing the bylaws. For instance, the Green Papers had only 20 delegates apportioned in New Hampshire last night, which is normally how it would work, but Josh heard from the state party chair yesterday morning that they were going to bind the three party leader delegates too, so it was actually 23 delegates up for grabs yesterday.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hard to see how Jeb! loses with this SC strategy.

https://twitter.com/brucezanca/status/697151328561315840

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

Their calendar is totally reliable. Their delegate rules are like 99% accurate, but will be off on a couple of things. For that last 1% you'll need to check out Josh Putnam's FHQ site or twitter feed (@FHQ). He actually calls up the state party chairs to check on things, rather than parsing the bylaws. For instance, the Green Papers had only 20 delegates apportioned in New Hampshire last night, which is normally how it would work, but Josh heard from the state party chair yesterday morning that they were going to bind the three party leader delegates too, so it was actually 23 delegates up for grabs yesterday.

Cool, thanks. I though I remembered you singing their praises.

Was printing out a calendar at work. A different one I got first had at least one error in it (it listed North Dakota, while the GOP said on it's website that they didn't have a primary this year).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

On clickbait and Nate Silver...

Once Trump is no longer the number one subject for 538 articles he will be officially stumped.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Montasque posted:

On clickbait and Nate Silver...

Once Trump is no longer the number one subject for 538 articles he will be officially stumped.

Well it doesn't matter what he does because ESPN is pulling the plug mid November no matter what on this really kind of lovely iteration of 538.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz new ad featuring Trump and Hillary action figures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onU...2XSG3fSlvFDQokg

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
It's morning in America.

WE THE PEOPLE are in charge now.

Trump is our avatar, and we are going to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Step 1??? Destroy the establishment. Humiliate their stooge candidates. CRUSH THEIR HOPES AND DREAMS.

Trump EXCEEDED expectations in NH. He didn't just turn out enough of his support to hold onto a large lead, he won by a LARGER margin than expected and with a HIGHER share of the vote total than expected.

And now we come south. Donald Trump had a lead of 36% to 20% over Cruz in January polls here in South Carolina. Cruz won Iowa, which certainly boosted his image, but now Trump has SMASHED the GOP in New Hampshire and Cruz's Iowa win is old news. Meanwhile, Trump's competitors' ground-game advantages are now GONE. Cruz's Iowa game was BRILLIANT. That's nice, he's got JACK poo poo here in South Carolina. JEB!??? Hahahahaha. You guys just keep on impotently spamming yard signs for 10 days and see how much that does for you bitch. This is TRUMP COUNTRY. New Hampshire voters knee-capped the opposition. We're gonna finish the job and decapitate them.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Montasque posted:

GROUND GAME U SAY?

*ring ring ring*
"Hello, this is the Smith residence"
"TRUMP!" *click*

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's pretty annoying that extreme right winger and sucker of Roger Ailes' cock, John Kasich get to play the "reasonable moderate."

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Rubio screams, "Jeb! Help me! I'm trying to dispel Obama's magic, but he's too strong. I'm going to drop below the viability threshold. Unleash Chang now! He." Rubio's voice fades as he looks back and sees Christie slamming the large door shut. Rubio is alone now. Rubio whispers as Barack is almost upon him, "Obama knows exactly what he is doing."

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Funny or Die made a 50 minute movie starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump and with a soundtrack by Kenny Loggins (seriously). This election cycle is weird.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just wanna take a moment to bitch about those sovereign citizen assholes up in Oregon making "WE THE PEOPLE" into something only idiots and trolls say

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
is this new Hampshire victory really that big I thought they had a long tradition of being contrarian shits

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

is this new Hampshire victory really that big I thought they had a long tradition of being contrarian shits

Voting for Trump isn't contrarian. He's the front runner.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's morning in America.

Step 1??? Destroy the establishment. Humiliate their stooge candidates. CRUSH THEIR HOPES AND DREAMS.

Trump EXCEEDED expectations in NH. He didn't just turn out enough of his support to hold onto a large lead, he won by a LARGER margin than expected and with a HIGHER share of the vote total than expected.

And now we come south. Donald Trump had a lead of 36% to 20% over Cruz in January polls here in South Carolina. Cruz won Iowa, which certainly boosted his image, but now Trump has SMASHED the GOP in New Hampshire and Cruz's Iowa win is old news. Meanwhile, Trump's competitors' ground-game advantages are now GONE. Cruz's Iowa game was BRILLIANT. That's nice, he's got JACK poo poo here in South Carolina. JEB!??? Hahahahaha. You guys just keep on impotently spamming yard signs for 10 days and see how much that does for you bitch. This is TRUMP COUNTRY. New Hampshire voters knee-capped the opposition. We're gonna finish the job and decapitate them.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gonna make phone calls for Trump or what?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Kro-Bar posted:

Funny or Die made a 50 minute movie starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump and with a soundtrack by Kenny Loggins (seriously). This election cycle is weird.

I can only get the trailer. Maybe that is the joke or it's because of regional blocking, can't tell.

e: ok nvm found it http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ad38087bac/donald-trump-art-of-the-deal-movie

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

its like iowa where nobody gives a gently caress about the people there or their rounding error worth of delegates, they just care about the ~narrative~

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

New Hampshire picked Romney, McCain, GWH Bush, Reagan, Ford, and Nixon.

John Sununu had an ol' saying about New Hampshire... "The people of Iowa pick corn, the people of New Hampshire pick presidents,"

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I hope Trump becomes the nominee because he is unelectable and the Republican party may learn a good lesson from his defeat. How can I help make him the nominee?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
By the act of volunteering for his campaign, Trump supporters are suggesting that his reign isn't inevitable and they should be executed immediately for the hubris of thinking that a mere mortal could influence destiny. Therefore, Boosted is not a coward, but a hero.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do you think prior to Texas primary, governor of Texas endorses Cruz?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's morning in America.

I think it's time for you to put up and put a MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN yard sign out front of your house and quit hiding your support for Trump from your neighbors like it's your secret shame. I'd also 2nd making phone calls for him, because your calls, coming from a South Carolina area code will be far more effective since most people won't answer from area codes they don't recognize, especially around election time.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Gilmore is over 150 votes in New Hampshire, greater than a 12 fold increase over Iowa. At this place, in the 9th primary, over 5 billion people will vote for Gilmore #StillStanding.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I hope Trump becomes the nominee because he is unelectable and the Republican party may learn a good lesson from his defeat. How can I help make him the nominee?

The Republican Party isn't exactly known for learning lessons from defeat.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think it's time for you to put up and put a MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN yard sign out front of your house and quit hiding your support for Trump from your neighbors like it's your secret shame. I'd also 2nd making phone calls for him, because your calls, coming from a South Carolina area code will be far more effective since most people won't answer from area codes they don't recognize, especially around election time.

Although I am a gen X-er I am somewhat hip and "with it" and don't have a land-line.

My area-code is from FL, where I lived when I got a cellular phone.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Trump has a good ground game here in SC and he will win easily. He is going to be the next President of the United States because of white rage.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

SquadronROE posted:

Trump has a good ground game here in SC and he will win easily. He is going to be the next President of the United States because of white rage.

That's not what Jeb! said. Are you suggesting he might be a liar?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do you think prior to Texas primary, governor of Texas endorses Cruz?

The Texas state GOP doesn't hate Cruz as much as the national organization but Trump is openly hostile towards Mexicans so...

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

SquadronROE posted:

white rage.

That's what democrats say about every republican candidate lol

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

AllanGordon posted:

Um. Did you stop reading the news over the past week or something?

All Rubio needs to do to consolidate the majority of Fiorina, Christie, Kasich and Bush supporters is out poll the latter two in South Carolina.

Kasich is DOA and Jeb is Jeb! So I'd say his odds are pretty good unless his next debate is as bad as Saturday night and this time he won't be burdened by an excess of expectations or a 350 pound New Jerseyan.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus

Jewel Repetition posted:

You know, I kind of like Kasich, as a person. That, combined with him being the most liberal Republican candidate, makes him the anti-Cruz.

This can't be repeated enough. He isn't. As an Ohioan, the Medicaid expansion was a naked attempt to appear bipartisan and begin his Adult In The Room shtick. His Abortion policies will literally kill people.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I still somewhat suspect that Trump's ceiling is well below 50%. In the case that it isn't, the RNC might have a small problem.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL Trey Gowdy, the beta bitch that got spanked by Hillary Clinton, is on FOX crying about that big ol' meanie Chris Christie hurting Marco Rubio.

Get hosed loser. Hillary Clinton clowned you at what was supposed to be your own moment of triumph. You're a loser just like Marco Rubio.

TRUMP!!!

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Joementum posted:

Hard to see how Jeb! loses with this SC strategy.

https://twitter.com/brucezanca/status/697151328561315840

LOL.

Human sad trombone wins again.

(I'm sure everyone knows this but the last couple of cycles research has pretty clearly shown that yard signs are essentially poo poo and have no value for campaigns outside of possibly ultra-local ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

As someone who hasn't lived in the U.S. in a decade and probably never will again but who is still somewhat interested in American politics I just want to thank America for the greatest political clown show in history. My only regret is that Rand is out already because I think he had his own particular brand of crazy to add to the mix. As a devoted Carlinite I also can't help but root for both Trump and Bernie even though both would probably be disastrous presidents because the deeply corrupt American political system needs a shakeup and a double outsider win might at least get someone's attention.

• Locked thread