Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

LethalGeek posted:

"Why does TLC keep putting this poo poo on who's actually watching this?"

Goons then go into great detail about said poo poo shows since they apparently watch them. The gently caress people?
I've actually never seen an episode - I just hate-read recaps on the internet! I guess I've been kind of hate-following their whole cult since the days of the MOTHboard on Titus2.com, back when Michelle was posting there about sourcing cheap flexible rulers for beating training her kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Alan Smithee posted:

Duggar dog house

Never pull out

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So while we're talking about other lovely reality tv, is mob wives real?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
It's really a TV show if that's what you're asking

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I feel like my wife doesn't really care about the little people shows because they're not ridiculous. I mean, the one with the mom who's a doctor is actually legitimately nice, so it's less interesting than someone who's 700lbs and lies to themselves and their family (Penny :argh:)

Yeah the Little Couple people seem normal and nice and fun to hang out with so they're pretty boring. The Roloffs seem more annoying but still not exactly riveting reality tv

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Yeah, the only bits of any Duggar shows I've seen is if they were linked in this thread and I felt like being depressed. I just have a thing for cults and another thing for Christian apologetics and there's a good side of persecution complex and then some good old crazy, which are also my jam.

Jim Bob territorially humping his wife in front of his daughter and her date (who are allowed no more affection than distanced hand holding) at a mini-golf court is forever seared into my memory.

E: my comfort in this is that neither TLC nor the Duggar clan got paid for my trauma.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 10, 2016

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Crusty Nutsack posted:

The Roloffs seem more annoying but still not exactly riveting reality tv

The Punkin Chunkin tragedy was some good tv.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Pvt.Scott posted:

Jim Bob territorially humping his wife in front of his daughter and her date (who are allowed no more affection than distanced hand holding) at a mini-golf court is forever seared into my memory.

Is this some form of mime?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pvt.Scott posted:

and then some good old crazy, which are also my jam.

TLC is the channel for you, my friend.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah, the only bits of any Duggar shows I've seen is if they were linked in this thread and I felt like being depressed. I just have a thing for cults and another thing for Christian apologetics and there's a good side of persecution complex and then some good old crazy, which are also my jam.

E: my comfort in this is that neither TLC nor the Duggar clan got paid for my trauma.

What happens when Jessa and Sturgeon meet up with Jim Bob and Michelle in a neutral area? Do they root, caw, and rub themselves up and down their wives' bodies to assert dominance? Is that awkward in the buffet line at Golden Corral?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Duggar men assert dominance by headbutting, much like elk. This is why Jim Bob uses three cans of hairspray every day to maintain his Blagojevich-esque hair helmet.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

cumshitter posted:

Duggar men assert dominance by headbutting, much like elk. This is why Jim Bob uses three cans of hairspray every day to maintain his Blagojevich-esque hair helmet.

Only the strongest and thickest Duggar men survived, and thus, over time the Duggar fivehead was formed.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Rambling Robot posted:

Only the strongest and thickest Duggar men survived

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Thick Man JIM BOB

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TLC Megathread: Say Yes to the 600lb Amish Jim Bob Midget Sister Wives from Myrtle Beach.

Edit: I'd actually start a new thread, but if we have the title changed on this one, we're all good there.

Do it. This is an even better thread with the other TLC tangents.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
TLC has the power to do cross-overs.

Duggars meet Sister Wives. Little People meet My 600 Pound Life.

"we're going to need some more little people..."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do it. This is an even better thread with the other TLC tangents.

I think the title change needs to happen.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Unctuous Cretin posted:

The Punkin Chunkin tragedy was some good tv.

What tragedy???

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
During their annual pumpkin launching session, the little twin got his gourd smashed by the giant trebuchet they built and lead to a multiple episode medical ordeal.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Unctuous Cretin posted:

During their annual pumpkin launching session, the little twin got his gourd smashed by the giant trebuchet they built and lead to a multiple episode medical ordeal.

Ahhh. I live a couple of minutes from where it takes place. It's been cancelled the last two years because they can't get any insurance to cover the event.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

The Bible posted:

You Godless heathen, if you aren't reading the NRSV, you're going straight to Hell and I'll be happy to expedite the process.

The King Jim Bob version is the correct answer.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

uli2000 posted:

:golfclap:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

uli2000 posted:

:worship:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

It's not super important, but Jessa's husband is named Ben. You're thinking of their kid, Spurgeon. (That loving name.)

Oh good, I was gonna ask if Sturgeon was Spurgeon's dad and/or uncle and/or brother.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

You'd be surprised as to how much you can glean from your wife having a show on while you're playing Skyrim or something.

I mean, I feel like I know all of these people now. She claims she watches it for the trainwrecks, and maybe she does. I have to give her credit, she barely cares when Sister Wives is on, which is the most boring.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > byob: hi > Cool Crew Chat Central > TLC: Mentally retarded wife crew

Mine watches the one with the midgets too :negative: From the other room, I hear them talking about cancer and adopting a child, dunno which exact show that is, maybe that doesn't even narrow it down? :shrug:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My wife and I are shameless TLC garbage show watchers but even we draw the line at little people and fat people shows.

I was upset Married by Mom and Dad was delayed by that sportsball thing last Sunday.

Buttcoin purse posted:

Oh good, I was gonna ask if Sturgeon was Spurgeon's dad and/or uncle and/or brother.

Sturgeon's the next kid. Gotta have all S names after all.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Buttcoin purse posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > byob: hi > Cool Crew Chat Central > TLC: Mentally retarded wife crew

Mine watches the one with the midgets too :negative: From the other room, I hear them talking about cancer and adopting a child, dunno which exact show that is, maybe that doesn't even narrow it down? :shrug:

That's the one with the hot Ukrainian little person.

Holy poo poo those aren't even TLC shows. That and Little Women of Atlanta are on Lifetime.

I wonder if TLC gets annoyed at people thinking they broadcast all the freak shows.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Sturgeon's the next kid. Gotta have all S names after all.

Seaslug Seawall.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I was upset Married by Mom and Dad was delayed by that sportsball thing

Ugh. Calling the SB "sportsball" is nauseatingly goony.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Yeah it's called handegg. Get it right GOON...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Krispy Kareem posted:

That's the one with the hot Ukrainian little person.

Holy poo poo those aren't even TLC shows. That and Little Women of Atlanta are on Lifetime.

I wonder if TLC gets annoyed at people thinking they broadcast all the freak shows.

No it's not. The one with the little people, where one had cancer, and they adopted (two kids, actually) is The Little Couple. Which even people in here admit features pretty decent people, to the point where the show is a bit boring. The woman who got cancer is a medical Doctor. No one in it is Ukrainian. And it is a TLC show.

Unless there's another little people show that also features these things.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

No it's not. The one with the little people, where one had cancer, and they adopted (two kids, actually) is The Little Couple. Which even people in here admit features pretty decent people, to the point where the show is a bit boring. The woman who got cancer is a medical Doctor. No one in it is Ukrainian. And it is a TLC show.

Unless there's another little people show that also features these things.

Little Women of LA has a little lady who I think had a cancer scare and is trying to have a baby with her little man.

Although I know the one you are talking about. You're right, they do seem relatively normal.

Little Women of LA is like Real Housewives of LA with both stunted physical growth and stunted intelligence.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reality shows as a format are poo poo, even in rare cases where the people depicted are decent.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Krispy Kareem posted:

Little Women of LA has a little lady who I think had a cancer scare and is trying to have a baby with her little man.

Although I know the one you are talking about. You're right, they do seem relatively normal.

Little Women of LA is like Real Housewives of LA with both stunted physical growth and stunted intelligence.

one day the little woman and the little man had a little fun hoping to have a little one.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Something about the dude in The Little Couple annoys me. Not sure what. Probably had something to do with him being super condescending and :smug: about cannoli

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Rambling Robot posted:

one day the little woman and the little man had a little fun hoping to have a little one.

TLC needs to contact Warwick Davis to host a Little Survivor series.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fiend posted:

TLC needs to contact Warwick Davis to host a Little Survivor series.

Little Big Brother

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've been saying that Sister Wives is the worst show on TLC, but I keep forgetting about Long Island Medium. I hate that poo poo so much.

Goddamned loving "psychics".

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shmorky should get a reality show on tlc

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
never happen, the market for a smurfs reality tv series is surprisingly small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I've been saying that Sister Wives is the worst show on TLC, but I keep forgetting about Long Island Medium. I hate that poo poo so much.

Goddamned loving "psychics".

I think it was ABC Family that recently tried to do a reality show about a "medium" who also happens to be a high school girl and OMGZ she has such a hard time finding dates when guys find out about her powers, you guyz.

(Psychics predict the future, mediums talk to the dead, very different)

E: Here it is, Monica the Medium. She's a junior at Penn State, not in high school. Wikipedia says it got picked up for a second season.

Episode summaries at IMDb

SteveVizsla fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 13, 2016

• Locked thread