Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I do agree with what got posted in scumdoc, active docs are the best docs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish i was in a scum doc

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
thanks pod, everyone.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hey, now that we can all be honest, can anyone demonstrate whether this setup can actually be broken by a D1 massclaim?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Hey, now that we can all be honest, can anyone demonstrate whether this setup can actually be broken by a D1 massclaim?

I don't think it can. The scum can just claim versatile town then kill the power roles, and then there would have to be another mass claim later where the scum can change their claims because of how the backups works

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd love to try it. Someone should run one of these with the intent being the D1 massclaim just to see.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

I don't think it can. The scum can just claim versatile town then kill the power roles, and then there would have to be another mass claim later where the scum can change their claims because of how the backups works

Who says that the town have to be honest during massclaim? I almost feel like power roles staying concealed would be better in some cases.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Who says that the town have to be honest during massclaim? I almost feel like power roles staying concealed would be better in some cases.

If you are going to massclaim you have to be honest, or else you are just going to get mislynched when the role you claim flips on someone else. Its a huge distraction that hurts the town when a town player lies about his role in an open setup, because the person who has that game is going to focus them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
its not like the town can coordinate this poo poo or anything like the scum can

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I had a lot of fun and was happy with my scum game throughout, my first one in ages. I really liked the new players and hope to see them stick around. You were all very good sports.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This certainly was an interesting game to follow. I was fairly certain town was doomed when The Cog quit out and failed to report back despite Podima's assurances that he was still in the game. I even contemplated offering to sub in for The Cog, but didn't because I really don't actually enjoy playing Mafia. (Long story short: my first Mafia experience was a bad one for me and I've been soured on actually playing it ever since.)

That said, I was pretty sure Lumpen was scum around Day 2 and onward, mostly for two reasons:

1) The chart - it really wasn't all that helpful to town. It was just a list of "player X thinks players A, B and C are most scummy." It offers no actual help in determining why players A, B and C are scummy, and what's worse is that having all that information readily available like that means people are less likely to go back over the thread themselves and form their own opinions. Which leads into my second reason...

2) Lumpen put a lot of effort into taking charge of town and trying to drive the discussions and scumhunting during the day. He was really proactive, really aggressive, and in my general (admittedly limited) experience with the game, that's usually the sign of a scum player trying to appear townie. Which gets much worse when you have an apathetic town that just lets themselves get led around like that.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
If you enjoyed this setup, Slack Mafia #3 is still gathering players!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Didn't clear it off for a proper photo because it was Valentine's Day and I didn't want to have to explain 'Oh I'm just going to take a picture of your axe for some people online that I've been playing a mafia game with online because they didn't believe you have an axe'. Its currently got its lower edge planted in a chunk of wood, if that isn't clear.
(picture edited out because this was 4 months ago and doesn't need to be here anymore)

Metos fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 20, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I am so proud of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'