Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I am glad that Zoss fed the angels their own butts and I hope someone does it to them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Schwarzwald posted:

The only group of angels who hasn't made a play at controlling White Chain are the petal knights. We don't really know what their deal is, but given that the Thorns just killed one of their own I'm expecting them to show their hand soon.

Probably something like "gently caress the law let's get rich and wasted".

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

The only group of angels who hasn't made a play at controlling White Chain are the petal knights. We don't really know what their deal is, but given that the Thorns just killed one of their own I'm expecting them to show their hand soon.

I don't think they would have an agenda as a whole. The RPG mentions that a petal knight is one who rejects the concordance and goes off to do their own thing, like being a mercenary a la Delicious.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guessing White Chain is about to become a petal knight, albeit for a different reason than most.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, it's funny that the one defending humans as being not all bad is the closest to being human out of all of the speakers, save for having wings for a head and some weird proportions.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

SunAndSpring posted:

Also, it's funny that the one defending humans as being not all bad is the closest to being human out of all of the speakers, save for having wings for a head and some weird proportions.

Nah, it's kind of the whole point, I think. White Chain's adoption of human mentality causes her to assume an especially human form. The sympathetic angel who relates more to humans than most is more human because he relates to humans.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This comic really cemented the orange sphinx angel (I can't ever remember their names) as speaking in a pompous, blustery British accent.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That dramedy-mask-in-the-mirror angel with their visualizations of clay and death gives me strong vibes of Satan (son of Satan) from The Mysterious Stranger, or at least the animated version from The Adventures. of Mark Twain

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

#NotAllAngels

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Did White Chain actually tell them everything that happened in the flashback? Her text boxes recounting the experience stopped at "but"

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Maybe every angel is in on Michael's plan, but have each been told they need to keep it secret from all of the other angels.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
id say its just as likely that 2 Michael knows the other angels in the void are a bunch of hidebound dopes whose first reaction to everything is "hm, better run this past 2 Michael"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Captain Redbeard posted:

Maybe every angel is in on Michael's plan, but have each been told they need to keep it secret from all of the other angels.
54 Days Named Thursday

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zoss did nothing wrong

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Occupy the Cold and Unforgiving Void

RoyaltyGate

Black Flames Matter

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
White Chain is pissed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
y'ever been so mad you just rip your own face off?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like how in the absence of her humanoid face, her eyes are emoting for her.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I knew that an angel's form mirrors their self, but somehow I hadn't imagined it could change so quickly.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i wonder if theres some significance to the three stars on White Chains brow. i know theres some references to a "starry crown" in revelation.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Reach heaven through violence :getin:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Say what you will about Thorns, at least they have an ethos.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Somewhere off screen is Ramiel from evangelion quietly singing to itself

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

White Chain nooooooooo :ohdear:

Although tbf I'd probably do the same given the choice between an insane plan to resurrect God and sitting around contemplating the void for several millennia.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

White Chain nooooooooo :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

paranoid randroid posted:

y'ever been so mad you just rip your own face off?

All the time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Even the floating dodecahedron looks shocked.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"I'm joining the bad guys because they are proactive!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
snazzy threads and a go-getter attitude. really, whats not to like about the thorns?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
despite the inherent suffering of existence, i would prefer to be alive, and for humans and other kinds of sapient beings to continue to exist

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Somehow I suspect she won't go through with it, considering her appearance on the prophecy glass, but if she did, I have to wonder what her end-game here is. She just talked about how she wants to protect the world. I guess maybe she meant something different from "sapient life" when she said the world? Otherwise, she's basically acting in direct contradiction to what she just said, unless she has some unangellically devious plan in mind.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, she did lie to the gilded androsphynx guy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

well, she did lie to the gilded androsphynx guy

Indeed. And I suspect she's displaying a lot of other atypical qualities for an angel here, between her intense emotional outburst and her dramatic revision of her form. These could be interpretted as being very ironically human actions on her part.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Accepting Michael's offer, as distasteful as it may be, is probably the right move for her. At the very least it buys her some more time to figure out how to deal with Michael and the thorns. It also puts her in a position to help guide and protect Alison along the way to wherever she ends up going, which seems to be something that is still important to White Chain judging by her reaction to Michael telling her she would have to kill her if necessary.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

The Mentalizer posted:

Accepting Michael's offer, as distasteful as it may be, is probably the right move for her. At the very least it buys her some more time to figure out how to deal with Michael and the thorns. It also puts her in a position to help guide and protect Alison along the way to wherever she ends up going, which seems to be something that is still important to White Chain judging by her reaction to Michael telling her she would have to kill her if necessary.

Yeah, her options are this, or waiting for millennia for another body and possibly getting REALLY dead while someone with less sympathy for Allison or restraint goes in her place anyways.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope she's going to say yes but has no plans to actually do what they want in the end.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

despite the inherent suffering of existence, i would prefer to be alive, and for humans and other kinds of sapient beings to continue to exist

Same. Lucky for us, non-existence is timeless by definition, so even if you do get murdered you'll be alive again somewhere/somewhen else pretty much immediately.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

MikeJF posted:

I hope she's going to say yes but has no plans to actually do what they want in the end.

She will probably do a full heel turn at some point, and there will be flirtation with a face turn deeper down the line.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

December Octopodes posted:

She will probably do a full heel turn at some point, and there will be flirtation with a face turn deeper down the line.

she'll have to go back and find her face first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
There is a hidden page here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/
ctrl-a, and look right above the offering arrows.

Don't wear it out.

e: actually I don't trust goons to do simple things correctly, here's the link itself: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 14, 2016