Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

how about you make it a car analogy

you wouldn't download a jpeg

e:1860 catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Where is that QWERTY wrist keyboard from?

Looks like something he cobbled together, no self-respecting producer of cheap chinese crap is going to make a keyboard that thick.

gently caress, I just spent the last five minutes :stare:-ing at his chubby armwristhand appendage.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Unfunny Poster posted:

I actually loved Black & White. :colbert:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

KiddieGrinder posted:

I couldn't quite parse it either.

Derek isn't a brand, he's just a guy. An albeit somewhat famous developer, sure, but he's still just a guy, and afaik he's never formally referred to himself as anything other than that.

Nah, he's a brand. If you'd been around long enough, you already knew about desktop commander, battlecruiser, the Take-Two debacle, the Algernon bullshit, etc. Say Derek Smart to most people and they'll know who he is. We just know him in greater detail from his history and things he says here. Brand IS reputation. Any one of those things you could entirely overlook as an isolated incident, but there's a pattern here.

KiddieGrinder posted:

And I don't know if you equate giving Derek a refund to getting "rid" of him, but it didn't work in either case, it just made Crobberts look bad. They tried to pin it on him trying to advertise his game, but he wasn't and pretty much never has in all of his talk about Star Citizens failings. CIG I'm sure wanted to get rid of Derek Smart's allegations (because they're all true), but trying to silence him and effectively ban him from the game had the complete opposite effect.

Your world is kinda fun, but it comes down to the concept of a 'customer relationship'. If you're refunded, there's no damage and no recourse. This is why everyone is loving dumb to assume that Derek is doing anything more extensive than attempting to cause noise with the feds and/or organizing a class action based on other people's money.

If they hadn't refunded him, he could have started litigation, as it is, he can't.

Two weeks.

KiddieGrinder posted:

Yeah it seemed like a "methinks the lady doth protest too much" sort of moment. I wonder if it was Sandi who got pissed off first, then told Crobbers if he didn't write a ten page diatribe against Derek he didn't have any balls, or something like that.

No, that was a late night diatribe. It's the kind of thing that I'd personally re-read in the morning and delete rather than publishing, mainly because it's loving retarded to throw out a rebuttle like that without a long conversation about the aim. It was the Escapist that prompted that, it was Derek being refunded that prompted the Escapist.

alf_pogs posted:

i think this is what that poster meant by derek's "brand" - his public image, his attitude and the way he carries himself online.

[...]

roberts and gardiner are absolute idiots. if you think about derek's blog posts and conclude that the best way to combat them is with an equally inflammatory retaliatory blog post, you have completely misread the writing on the wall and deserve everything coming to you.

Nail on the head there, but again, Bobbers was rebutting the Escapist. He refunded Derek to remove the business relationship because that would suck the oxygen out of any further debate, as it is, they never entirely addressed the burn rate, which is why we still talk about it.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

how about you make it a car analogy

Sure, what do you drive?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

He's going to get all the non-consensual PvP he wants in space jail.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The little purple glow-in-the-dark dog dick peaking out of his left wrist is pretty funny too.

If you look very closely, past the CPAP machine, you can see what looks like a greasy, unshaven face.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Am I the only one that finds the comfy, fuzzy hoodie on the dangerous space bandit really funny?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Phi230 posted:

If you look very closely, past the CPAP machine, you can see what looks like a greasy, unshaven face.

That's a big "if".

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wafflz posted:

Am I the only one that finds the comfy, fuzzy hoodie on the dangerous space bandit really funny?

I didnt even notice it. "OMG Mom! Thanks for suggesting the fuzzy hoodie :D!!!!!!!!!! ITS SO COMFY AND WARM! All these assholes will regret even LOOKING AT ME LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW MOM GEESE STOP."

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

So, speaking of scams....

I have been gone for a few days, cause I have been dealing with a scam artist who took my friend for about $4,000. He is on tons of medication and have been off it for months, spending his money on her instead. :(

Three words: Ukrainian Bride Scam

I went full internet detective on her. Had all the tale tale signs: Personal info changing from website to website, different birthdays, job titles, and hometowns. I dug up enough information to basically contact the company and tell them to cut it out, keep the money, but leave my friend alone.

Suddenly she didn't want to talk after that. I feel horrible, really low, but now at least he can afford his medicine again. Terrible people in the world.

EDIT: Was considering doing a full write up on it with photos, all the info I gathered, etc, but I would need an OK from a mod to doxx her, even a creep like her. :corrupt:

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 10, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

Suddenly she didn't want to talk after that. I feel horrible, really low, but now at least he can afford his medicine again. Terrible people in the world.

if it's any consolation you did the absolute right thing

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

An actual adult human did this. On purpose. And then thought it would be a good idea to put it on the Internet.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ZenMaster posted:

I have been gone for a few days, cause I have been dealing with a scam artist who took my friend for about $4,000. He is on tons of medication and have been off it for months, spending his money on her instead. :(

I went full internet detective on her. Had all the tale tale signs: Personal info changing from website to website, different birthdays, job titles, and hometowns. I dug up enough information to basically contact the company and tell them to cut it out, keep the money, but leave my friend alone.

That's terrible :(

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

An actual adult human did this. On purpose. And then thought it would be a good idea to put it on the Internet.

Most likely with the help of another adult human to take the picture and make actual money, by associating/interacting with other people, in order to afford all the poo poo duct taped to this girthy individual.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

kuarduck posted:

Looks like something he cobbled together, no self-respecting producer of cheap chinese crap is going to make a keyboard that thick.

gently caress, I just spent the last five minutes :stare:-ing at his chubby armwristhand appendage.

So basically a MadCatz accessory?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

EDIT: Was considering doing a full write up on it with photos, all the info I gathered, etc, but I would need an OK from a mod to doxx her, even a creep like her. :corrupt:

It's definitely not the Ukrainian woman I've been talking to, because she is totally legit and were in love and are getting married soon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

FrankieGoes posted:

That guy and bunny man need to multicrew a ship and stream their adventures.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Eightace how are there not a full blown series of witch trials trying to root you out? Given what happened to others accused leaking the most inconsequential info I'm surprised every skeleton at foundry 42 hasn't been replaced with liquid metal by now.

Stay safe developer ghost :ohdear:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I actually loved Black & White. :colbert:
I remember it being buggy and only had like a half-dozen levels and at least one of them took away your pet. The gesture inputs and pet AI worked okay though and slapping that monkey around and sweeping his feet out from under him was funny as hell. I'm pretty sure I never bothered finishing the game.

Also DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

FrankieGoes posted:

yeah me

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
also

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FrankieGoes posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ZenMaster posted:

This is why you never date 3d.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

That guy and bunny man need to multicrew a ship and stream their adventures.

Don't forget these guys:

No enemies will think to board your SpaceFucker supercarrier with this crack team defending your grey corridors (by blocking them with their huge and terrifying foam heads)!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Make The Stimpire Great Again

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Raskolnikov posted:

Fixing this. Revision 2.0 now with 220% more "The Vision."

I can feel the immersion.

:golfclap:

Uncle Herb, what's a jay-peg?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

Come on, there are some people that it's just not cool to make fun of :(

Beet Wagon posted:

Don't forget these guys:

No enemies will think to board your SpaceFucker supercarrier with this crack team defending your grey corridors (by blocking them with their huge and terrifying foam heads)!

I am going to regret this but... What's the story behind this?...

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
I would like to buy this man a pint a true voice of reason . No surprise the normal knee jerk moderation jumped in to silence the very people who paid to make the project possible . AwesomeAD a classic pleb from Steam forums to SC forums a company man through and through.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317579/please-add-some-new-content/p4

moonraker fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 10, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This guy gave me $40 for my Coca-Cola sign he is a pretty cool guy.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
‘I remember how it started; I remember the day my life changed. June 7th, 2917. I was six years old, in Primary, and our Teacher asked us a question. THE question. The most important question anyone has to answer, ever.

What do you want to be when you grow up? the Teacher asked us, its vocal tubes humming. A veritable bevy of hands shot up; young, impressionable minds ready to spout out answers. My hand shot up as well. How could it not? I was excited, we all were.

An instant later, the answer order had shot up on the monitor at the front of the class. Tichondrius, Timmy for short, was first, as usual. His cybernetic arm was only fractions of a second faster than a normal arm, but when the order is drawn up by a GNP targeting system, every fraction of a second counts. Timmy was always first to answer, and oh how he lorded it over the rest of us, us “mere mortals” as he’d lovingly laugh.

I want to be a Pirate! he yelled, beaming. He got to Pirate first, and now no-one else in the class could pick it too. Everyone had to be something special. Who would want to be what someone else wanted to be? It just would not work.

And so along through the class we went. Pirate, Pilot, Tracker, Doctor, Miner, Racer, on and on and on. Cyberneticist, Exobiologist, Explorer. Everyone in the class had a plan; something they wanted to be. Molly wanted to be a Starliner captain; Molly stole my first dream. It’s what I had wanted, but she’d gotten there first. Fine, I thought. Fine, if I can’t be a Starliner captain, I’ll be a...a...a Merchant!

Jahnus beat me to that.

Merchants are too rushed anyway, I thought, slowly. Who wanted to be a Merchant. A Mechanic was what I REALLY wanted to be. The excitement, the devotion, the people you’d get to meet!

Thint beat me to that.

Mechanics get all dirty, I thought, mollifying myself. Such hard work, and EVA’ing is dangerous. Not for me. No, no, what I really wanted to be was a...a Marine!

Samsa beat me to that.

A Policewoman!

Cansas beat me to that.

An info runner!

An Engineer!

A...a Gunner? A Cook? A Janitor?

Beat me to it, beat me to it, and beat me to it.

And then it was my turn. My name turned a pale blue on the monitor. I was last, as usual. I was busy racking my small mind, trying to think of something that had not yet been taken; trying to think of what no-one else wanted to be. The class turned and stared at me, the Teacher analyzed me, I started to cower, started to shake. Just a little, but it would get worse. It always got worse. I had to answer; had to think of something.

I want to be a Garbage woman! I blurted without thinking.

And that was it. That was the most important moment in my life. Oh, sure, you might laugh. Who wants to be a garbage woman?

Well, look at me today. Twenty-seven years later, I own a half-dozen Reclaimers and a fleet of Freelancers. I have seventy-five pilots working under me, garbage men and women all. They’re like a family, they’re all like me. They must have had that same fateful day too; that day where others slowly pick their dreams away from them, one by one. So I take them in, make sure they’re safe.
And they are. Because you know what happens to everyone else?

Marines, they get shot.

Police, info-runners, gunners, merchants, pirates, they all get blown up.

Doctors and Mechanics get raided.

Cooks and Janitors get airlocked for slights.

Who notices the humble garbage woman?

No-one. Not until they’re floating, derelict and abandoned, and the claw on my Reclaimer sloooowly crushes through their life-support systems. And then they clamour, and they bluster and they cry, and they offer me money, and power, and fame. And you know what I say, every time?’

‘PLEASE! Please, we, we have money, we can...you can have the ship! You can have my life’s savings! Just let us...

‘Every time, I say the same thing. I’m just taking out the trash.’

I love the vibrations as the claw closes slowly. I can’t hear it, can’t hear the cracks and groans of the metal; can’t hear the screams of those inside either, not anymore. I’ve shut off the comms. But the vibrations...they run through the whole of the Halcyon, my Reclaimer slowly picking the Merchant derelict apart, piece by piece.

I’ve been asked before, why I do it. Their offers of money, of cargo, why I don’t take them. I’d make more money taking their valuables than I do salvaging their ships.

But why should I?

Why should I let them continue?

They stole my dreams from me. The Pirates, the doctors, the marines. The police, the mechanics, all of them. They stole my dreams from me, left me a Garbage woman.

I’m just taking out the garbage.

My primary school classmates too were forced to pick exclusive careers from an ever dwindling list aged six :psyduck:

Banano fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 10, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FrankieGoes posted:

He's no rabbit furry man citizen

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

This one actually looks pretty ok. I'm not a fan of cosplayers, but at least this guy put effort into it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao, even in a possible post scarcity spacefaring society in the infinite vastness of space with literally infinite places to expand, mankind employs border patrol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Iglocska posted:

Come on, there are some people that it's just not cool to make fun of :(

Oh you poor sweet non-electically-penis-removed summer child. You've a long way to go in your education, my son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

Fair warning, this video is not NSFW, but it will scar your insides. Posting it should be a warcrime.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my thoughts: pull lots of really terrible fanart and fanfics from the RSI forums again like we did that one time

I can't help for another 2 hours tho

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh you poor sweet non-electically-penis-removed summer child. You've a long way to go in your education, my son.

Fair warning, this video is not NSFW, but it will scar your insides. Posting it should be a warcrime.

I watched this video. All of it. Several times even. I do not fear death.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

my thoughts: pull lots of really terrible fanart and fanfics from the RSI forums again like we did that one time

I can't help for another 2 hours tho

Same

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Iglocska posted:

e;fb

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Iglocska posted:

This one actually looks pretty ok. I'm not a fan of cosplayers, but at least this guy put effort into it.

He put on a leather jacket. What is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Iglocska posted:

Sticking two patches and putting a blue rope through the shoulder loop of your jacket is impressive effort, agreed.

• Locked thread