Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Galarox posted:

Dont have any elit ship pictures or even know their names, sorry. Give me a link and I will change it :smuggo:

No leave it as is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

They have a youtube channel full of similar videos if you like torturing yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

This one is those squeaky motherfuckers "interviewing" mushmouth for stimpire level audio torture

The abyss etc etc,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkJe_GX0jM

I wonder what croberts thinks of his adoring fanbase.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ZenMaster posted:

Ukrainian Bride Scam

That reminds me of this guy I used to work with who fell for something similar. Every time we worked together, he would tell me about this girl he was talking to online. Allegedly, she was a trust fund baby who lived in Hawaii, rode a motorcycle, taught ballet, and lived in a two million dollar bungalow on the beach. He only had two pictures of her and didn't have her phone number because, supposedly, the last guy she gave her number to died in Iraq, and she didn't want to go through that heartbreak again.

The girl also conveniently could never meet him in person because something always came up with her sister. The whole situation had gone on for about a year and a half by the time he told me about it, to my predictable response of "WTF is wrong with you OF COURSE it's some forty-year-old gay dude in a basement or something." We argued about it, but after one too many transparent excuses for why she couldn't come and visit him in person, he agreed that something was screwy and ended it.

He almost immediately began dating one of our coworkers, which was another disaster, but at least she was real.

The ONLY difference between that story and the Ukrainian bride scam/Star Citizen is that he didn't send her lots and lots of money. In retrospect, he probably did but didn't bother to mention that part of the story to me.

edit: The best part was how he would talk about how she was going to give him an allowance out of her trust fund after they got married and how he was going to buy an Aston Martin. That for some reason, out of all the stupid details of this story, sticks out to me the most. It reminds me a lot of white knights and all the poo poo they think they're going to do when the girl comes from Hawaii to meet them game ships.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 11, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gonna have to give Elite another try again (gave up after being curbed-stomped in the combat tutorial-the advice to the other goon will probably help)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

No. No I not come with you.

Valentines day is coming up, and this would make a GREAT card.

paaarp.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

holy poo poo and welcome to the thread

are you an RSI refugee?

Yes, but I managed to get out a while back thanks to goons. I will type up my "RSI experience" ( :psyboom: ) for your amusement

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A few years ago, I was with a goon-friend and he seemed pretty enthusiastic for Star Citizen. I hadn't been following it at all back then, but my BS detector was already ringing based on what he said the game was going to be. I didn't press my doubts, just saying "I'll believe it when I see it."

I wonder how he feels about the project now? :allears:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Galarox posted:

Dont have any elit ship pictures or even know their names, sorry. Give me a link and I will change it :smuggo:

I think Its perfect as it is.

If you know the events that insipred the paintings it make perfect sense:

"The misadventures of the men on the Medusa Raft drove them to the limit of human existence. Mad, isolated and hungry, they killed those who planned to rebel , ate their friends and killed the weaker among them" - Jonathan Miles

This is exactly CIG.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fuzzknot posted:

Thank you for your sacrifice. I have to wonder why anyone would search for such a thing in the first place.

my sacrifice? nothing compared to that of these winners' parents

actually the citizencon cosplay is all sad crap like the above (really, what is there to cosplay), the really pathetic smut is the stuff the shitizens are groping their neglected little weiners over, as posted on the RSI forums:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Berious posted:

They have a youtube channel full of similar videos if you like torturing yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

This one is those squeaky motherfuckers "interviewing" mushmouth for stimpire level audio torture

wait.. that wtfosaurus guy is one of those freaks? :laffo:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Galarox posted:

Hello best thread on the interwebs. Long time lurker, but I thought I had better not :lurkmore: soo.. as a first time poster so I thought I had better :effort: post:

Thank you

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Off frame there is a windowless white van

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

Valentines day is coming up, and this would make a GREAT card.

paaarp.

Star Citizen Valentines cards would be a good thread project

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Have they confirmed that sandi is gonna be your wingman in s42 yet?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

You are a terrible person . . . albeit not incorrect; how the gently caress can you cosplay with Star Citizen? Just wear all gray and/or a Gary Oldman mask?

I should go and look up my former coworker's LARPing photos and post them to get back at you, but I'd only be punishing myself by looking them up. :saddowns:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BUGSMASHERS! Episode 19

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gilganixon posted:

actually the citizencon cosplay is all sad crap like the above (really, what is there to cosplay), the really pathetic smut is the stuff the shitizens are groping their neglected little weiners over, as posted on the RSI forums:

in case anyone's wondering i'm the face of bad life choices personified leering at you from under heroin stubble sailor's blouse

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Wafflz posted:

wait.. that wtfosaurus guy is one of those freaks? :laffo:

This explains everything.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

<Shower him with anti-fire foam >

- No i wont join you, fuckwith, and stop smoking right nex to the hydrogen fuel tank on my flight deck, you Idiot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

do razors not exist in the 'universe or is it space navy mandate that everyone have scruffy facial hair

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

alf_pogs posted:

do razors not exist in the 'universe or is it space navy mandate that everyone have scruffy facial hair

nah just this loving guy

he'll have to cut it off when his lovely beard gets trapped in clips through all the moving parts on the Mk 4 Commando Marine helmet

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 11, 2016

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

alf_pogs posted:

All razors in the 'universe are the property of the Fourth Stimpire for the purpose of punishing wang/ovary-touching.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eonwe posted:

my thoughts: pull lots of really terrible fanart and fanfics from the RSI forums again like we did that one time

I can't help for another 2 hours tho

CU in the V

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
That guy's not a Citizen, he's actually a local model that the UEE corp head paid for a photoshoot.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

next bugsmashers will be them highlighting the whole source code and pressing "delete"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

AugmentedVision posted:

That guy's not a Citizen, he's actually a local model that the UEE corp head paid for a photoshoot.

lol

shows what they think of their target market

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310985/what-look-will-your-sc-character-have

Stimpire material on the bottom of the page. Don't look if at work, etc etc.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

AugmentedVision posted:

Please let this be true!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

their target market

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

Wait, what ? Someone paid a model for a photoshoot for a guild in a game that does not exists yet ?

:wtchris:

Is there a bottom to the insanity ? Where is the bottom ? I cant find it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

aleksendr posted:

Wait, what ? Someone paid a model for a photoshoot for a guild in a game that does not exists yet ?

:wtchris:

Is there a bottom to the insanity ? Where is the bottom ? I cant find it.

The ride never ends

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I just made that up but lol if you think that a few dozen or hundred bucks to hire a local model would be the "bottom" of Citizenry.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

AugmentedVision posted:

I just made that up but lol if you think that a few dozen or hundred bucks to hire a local model would be the "bottom" of Citizenry.

please unmake it up, it was funnier before

now he's just a pathetic git with a bad beard again

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

Sorry for still having faith in humanity.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sunswipe posted:

Is this a poster soliciting for prostitutes?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that the guy paid for a photoshoot in his Star Citizen Cosplay.

Like I get people do Cosplay photoshoots, but mostly that's Cosplay for stuff that's been released/already out, and not for an unreleased game's guild.

"What's this for?" - Photographer

"A video game that's been in development for 4 years, it's the greatest thing since slice bread." - Guy

"How can it be the greatest thing if it's not released yet?" - Photographer

"You clearly don't know anything about game development." - Guy

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is this a poster soliciting for prostitutes?

Don't judge me for wanting to play a space prostitute in Star Citizen. It's been my ambition since I was forced to choose a career at six years old, and that fucker Jimmy had already chosen space window cleaner.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

star citizen is a vehicle for dad boners to write 2000 page posts about how their dream game will work.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh you poor sweet non-electically-penis-removed summer child. You've a long way to go in your education, my son.

Fair warning, this video is not NSFW, but it will scar your insides. Posting it should be a warcrime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Kurt_M

• Locked thread