Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Hockles posted:

I thought about calling in Blank Check, but I want to wait until they do the picks themselves again, so I can reason with them in my voicemail. I don't want to leave it up to chance with the lottery.

poo poo I saw that in theaters.

It's when I learned movies could be awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ I remember seeing that multiple times due to rentals and showings in school. They would have a great time with the "kid power" theme

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure if they'd really get any mileage out of that. Plus, is it even on DVD/blu-ray yet?

Yes it is. However, they did get a lot of mileage out of Green Lantern so who knows.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I always thought it was strange that instead of using his money to impress a cute girl in his class or something, he goes right for a woman twenty years older than him. Like a reverse Blame it on Rio but still less creepy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Blank Check was 'stay tuned' in the Stigmata episode so they probably don't need too much convincing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Do I need a periscope app to watch tonight? Using my iPhone btw.

I'm guessing so. I had to download it for my Android. Never used it before, and I'm thinking I know how it works.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ror posted:

Blank Check was 'stay tuned' in the Stigmata episode so they probably don't need too much convincing.

They've called that a stay-tuned more than once, I think.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Results of the Periscope

Animation Damnation: The Raccoons

WHM: The Shadow
A Letter From Death Row
Nightmare Beach
Anti-Trust
Dungeons and Dragons

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Not a terrible month of episodes right there.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
That was a fun little event. They seemed a bit uncomfortable to be live, and I could have done with it going a little longer. I'd watch more if they did them. Viewers were just north of 250 when they quit, and it was maybe? five minutes.

Edit: Heads up! Just prompts you to install the app if you're on mobile.

http://bit.ly/1Pmz8Uj

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 11, 2016

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh yeah, I definitely mixed up Andrew and Stephen's face until the Periscope.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Results of the Periscope

Animation Damnation: The Raccoons

WHM: The Shadow
A Letter From Death Row
Nightmare Beach
Anti-Trust
Dungeons and Dragons

Dungeons and Dragons jumps out as amazing, but after refreshing my memory on the others:

quote:

Antitrust (also titled Conspiracy.com[4] and Startup[5])

Somehow the plot summary is worse than I expected it to be, even with the huge red flag of three drat titles. :getin:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Totally forgot to call in, but I DID send in my Animation Damnation request! That didn't get chosen.
But The Raccoons works nicely.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Raccoons is a good choice, all the subtley of Captain Planet only instead of extreme 90s American teens it's a bunch of 80s Canadian racoons with floppy penis noses.

e. And the most amazingly 80s credits song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80CD_Ez4jXc

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 11, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh gently caress, that's the song from the end credits to Hobo with a Shotgun! :stare:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

kalensc posted:

Dungeons and Dragons jumps out as amazing, but after refreshing my memory on the others:

Somehow the plot summary is worse than I expected it to be, even with the huge red flag of three drat titles. :getin:

It has Marlon Wayans, a Tom Baker cameo,Jeremy Irons cashing a paycheck and the CG dragons from Mortal Kombat. It's amazing, but not because it's good.
Antitrust I haven't seen since it came out, and can only remember a weird scene with digital paintings. It certainly wasn't good in any way.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just looked up A Letter from Death Row

quote:

A Letter From Death Row is a 1998 psychological thriller film directed by Marvin Baker and Bret Michaels, lead singer of the hard rock band Poison. Bret Michaels also wrote the film and starred in it.[1] The film was released by Sheen Michaels Entertainment, a company created by Bret Michaels and actor Charlie Sheen.[2] The film was produced by Shane Stanley and also stars Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, and Kristi Gibson, who was Michaels' girlfriend at the time.

Holy poo poo :getin:

e: oh poo poo Nightmare Beach is an Umberto Lenzi movie! They have no idea what they're getting into with these (D&D aside, I'm assuming), right?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 11, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

duz posted:

It has Marlon Wayans, a Tom Baker cameo,Jeremy Irons cashing a paycheck and the CG dragons from Mortal Kombat. It's amazing, but not because it's good.
Antitrust I haven't seen since it came out, and can only remember a weird scene with digital paintings. It certainly wasn't good in any way.

Jeremy Irons is cashing the living hell out of that paycheck.

Also Eric has informed us he now knows that rolling a ten isn't good.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Jeremy Irons is cashing the living hell out of that paycheck.

"YEEEEESHHHHH....GIVE me every OUNCE of your RAAAAAAGE!!! AGAGAGA!!! :unsmigghh:"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man it's so weird to see them in action. They're not just three disembodied fat voices now.
And that Eric IS a handsome feller.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Anti-trust is great. It was made when Microsoft was viewed as a totally lovely company and it stars Tim Robbins as a cartoonishly evil not-Bill Gates.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

At least Eric learned in D&D it was a 20 and not a 10, what a blunder.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jose Oquendo posted:

Anti-trust is great. It was made when Microsoft was viewed as a totally lovely company and it stars Tim Robbins as a cartoonishly evil not-Bill Gates.

It's a legitimately fun movie, iirc. Also, Eric must be a World of Darkness guy if he thought it was 10 and not 20. :v:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think the rigid body language of Affleck might have been intentional as a way of showing off that due to the character's blindness, they're supposedly not supposed to have much in the way of visual stimulus to react to. No need to turn your head to glance around or make eye contact with people or scan a room when your radar sense is picking all that up.

However, when I see him stomping out of Wayne Enterprises on his way to a Turkish Airlines flight, I'm not sure...

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I looked up the playground fight and that choreography is something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLntlRklNBU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...the hell were they talking about with the characters turning into cartoons, by the way? There's a lot of kinda shoddy-looking wirework, but I'm watching the bar fight and there's not an ounce of CGI that I can tell. Certainly not to Blade 2 levels, at any rate, which is generally what I think of.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...the hell were they talking about with the characters turning into cartoons, by the way? There's a lot of kinda shoddy-looking wirework, but I'm watching the bar fight and there's not an ounce of CGI that I can tell. Certainly not to Blade 2 levels, at any rate, which is generally what I think of.

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3EtZEla5Y

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
It's a very common complaint I hear about just about any unpopular movie with CG effects from the last 20 years, though. I hear just about every movie critic using "This looks like a cartoon, I have literally played PS1 and N64 games with better graphics, SyFy channel shark movies look better, etc." a lot anymore.

I have to be honest, it's about the ONE criticism I hear from anyone that does get on my nerves a bit because it seems to be so frequently done by every critic.

That being said, no, it didn't age well. But I'm sure circa 2000-2005, it was pretty impressive for the time, but you sort of see how a lot of stuff didn't feel like they knew how to do CG like that to make it feel like it had weight and mass to it. I know I tend to give older effects a pass, though. Also, because sometimes when you're trying to be stylistic and cool looking, you end up sacrificing realistic looking CG for something to show off an effect; having a 'cool' effect to show off that you have an effect is better than having a 'realistic' effect to show off that doesn't look like one, I guess.

Also, watching that clip again, I forgot how over the top stylish that film attempted to be. It's a film that I seem to remember in geek circles reviewing well, but I remember as much fan criticism being directed at Jennifer Garner in the role of Elektra rather than MCD as Kingpin (but, poo poo, I remember when people foamed at the mouth over Kingpin having hair in the Trial of the Incredible Hulk, too.) It was sort of funny how many people in the early 00s were actively pushing for Lucy Liu to be Elektra.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's a very common complaint I hear about just about any unpopular movie with CG effects from the last 20 years, though. I hear just about every movie critic using "This looks like a cartoon, I have literally played PS1 and N64 games with better graphics, SyFy channel shark movies look better, etc." a lot anymore.

I have to be honest, it's about the ONE criticism I hear from anyone that does get on my nerves a bit because it seems to be so frequently done by every critic.

That being said, no, it didn't age well. But I'm sure circa 2000-2005, it was pretty impressive for the time, but you sort of see how a lot of stuff didn't feel like they knew how to do CG like that to make it feel like it had weight and mass to it. I know I tend to give older effects a pass, though. Also, because sometimes when you're trying to be stylistic and cool looking, you end up sacrificing realistic looking CG for something to show off an effect; having a 'cool' effect to show off that you have an effect is better than having a 'realistic' effect to show off that doesn't look like one, I guess.

Also, watching that clip again, I forgot how over the top stylish that film attempted to be. It's a film that I seem to remember in geek circles reviewing well, but I remember as much fan criticism being directed at Jennifer Garner in the role of Elektra rather than MCD as Kingpin (but, poo poo, I remember when people foamed at the mouth over Kingpin having hair in the Trial of the Incredible Hulk, too.) It was sort of funny how many people in the early 00s were actively pushing for Lucy Liu to be Elektra.

This still looks better, and a couple of years beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
A lot of Flying goblin is still sort of too effect-looking, though. Between both movies, though, I don't think they'd figured out how to seamlessly transition between CG actor and live-action actor in that time, you get these more CG'd looking scenes that would suddenly cut to another shot after sticking the landing to show a live-action character from another position. It's something I think we have probably gotten a lot better at to keep the flow of action going and make us believe that the characters/actors come across as more real, though.

edit: That, coupled with just CG getting that much better, too, so that even completely CG scenes look real.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 11, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I can actually tell that Spidey and Green Goblin are CGI in that, even if it looks good. When I watch Blade 2, I can very clearly tell that it's a PS2-era Wesley Snipes model and not the real Wesley Snipes in the ninja fight. When I watch... any clip from Daredevil except the Bullseye fight (which I didn't get around to and I'm phoneposting, will watch later) it genuinely just looks like kinda meh wire work.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's especially fun when it's levelled against what is actually a practical effect.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I genuinely enjoy The Shadow.

And Dungeons and Dragons is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I can't wait for both of these episodes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I saw both The Shadow and Dungeons & Dragons in theaters.

I do not make good life choices.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

I genuinely enjoy The Shadow.

And Dungeons and Dragons is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I can't wait for both of these episodes.

I've requested The Shadow on previous listener requests, because I genuinely like it and still admit its really bad. It's like the Running Man, or Drive Angry...

Dammit, I should have requested Drive Angry.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I love how his nose grows when he becomes The Shadow, and the opening where he has long coke fingers and a bed full of ladies and a dagger with a face bitches at him. Also Tim Curry gets to do his snorting, derisive guffaws about double crossing someone. I love when he does that.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

I saw both The Shadow and Dungeons & Dragons in theaters.

I do not make good life choices.

Same, actually. Holy poo poo.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Did we all see D&D in theaters? We're such nerds.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

duz posted:

Did we all see D&D in theaters? We're such nerds.

Yep. I went with my Dad and I could feel the "what are WE watching?" emanating from him in the seat next to me. I had probably been talking it up for weeks in advance like a dumb nerd too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is going to be the closest I'll ever come to D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I'm hoping for some really good Tom Baker impressions.