Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

This was just retweeted by thecubsfan so it's apparently credible:

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/rey-mysterio-aaa-disappearance-due-to-money-owed/

More signs of instablity and money issues from the recent Observer:

quote:

In a possibly related development, Konnan announced on Twitter last night that he’d soon have a press conference, teasing AAA revelations. It’s an easy guess that Konnan’s about just as upset about Rey not getting paid as Rey is, though it’s not clear if it’s about that or something else.

Sexy Star ended up deleting her Twitter message saying she was giving up the AAA Mixed Tag Titles. No idea if that means she’s going thru with the program.

Just read this for the Sexy Star situation. http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/02/05/sexy-star-gives-up-her-title-raijin-fujin-debut-in-loss-cmll-on-claro-tonight/

AAA is a loving poo poo show right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the most impressive yearlong series of clusterfucks I've seen from a company in a while

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/02/08/2015-lucha-libre-winloss-records/

thecubsfan tracked 6325 cards and 28,674 matches throughout 2015.

Atlantis at the age of 52-53 competed in207 matches during the year.

To put things in perspective here's the figures of comparable top guys from other companies:

Hiroshi Tanahashi - 143
Roman Reigns - 213
CIMA - 160
Jay Lethal - 48

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tbf to the rest of the top guys in the world that's mostly tag matches and everyone in them phoned it in

on the other hand when Atlantis does show up he shows up in a big way and has the best lucha match of the year every year

he's the roman reigns of mexico

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 8, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

tbf to the rest of the top guys in the world that's mostly tag matches and everyone in them phoned it in

but enough about Tanahashi

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

on the other hand when Atlantis does show up he shows up in a big way and has the best lucha match of the year every year

he's the roman reigns of mexico

Atlantis is probably more over than Roman is

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I found a guy that sells official Cara Lucha DVDs but he doesn't take paypal. FML.

E: he does take paypal. $8 for the latest Cara Lucha show. Hit up @caryxus on twitter.

coconono fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 10, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Going on behind the scenes is a major money issue. Apparently the AAA talent that worked season one would have their checks sent to AAA, and AAA, which had them under contract would then pay them, with AAA taking out a booking fee. But now Lucha Underground is sending the checks to the wrestlers. So some are upset in believing too much was taken out in season one that they weren’t aware of. Plus, AAA is asking for its booking fee from the wrestlers with the change in how payment is done. There’s been a locker room split between those under Lucha Underground contract, and those who aren’t. Many of those who aren’t are the ones who either left, or had thought of leaving. The ones that were under contract to Lucha Underground never considered leaving, figuring they’d lose their Lucha Underground gig

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Good job Konnan you killed a company with a wrasslin telenovela

In other news, I'm getting the DTU vs Cara Lucha dvd when it comes out.

The card:

1) Erwin & Irving vs Mazisito & Porrito [lightning]
DTU Kids, 10 man time limit
2) Wasson vs Lokillo
3) Kilvan & Yoruba vs Jimmy & Kevin
4) Fly Star, Fly Warrior, Toxin vs Cíclope, Crazy King, Miedo Extremo
5) Guerrero Mixtico vs Drastik Boy, Adrenalina Fly, Johnny Idol, Dragón Celta, Látigo, Tony
6) Magnífico II, Rayo Star, Sky Man vs Jinzo, Lanzeloth, Rocky Lobo
7) Danger & Toro Negro vs Crazy Boy & Super Crazy and Joe Lider & Ricky Marvin

The combination show between the two promotions, with a lot of CaraLucha vs DTU matches. Sixth match looks th best, but there’s chances for everything to be interesting.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
AAA got absolutely hamstrung this year by so much BS, mostly of their own making. Not that CMLL is really doing any better but that company has been a perpetual dumpster fire for years so it's business as usual. They could easily rebuild though, they still have good talent, a lot of the guys who left were very over but honestly a lot of them should have been getting pushed less and were edging out some good talent (and a lot of them were also the talent getting edged out). The guys I feel bad for are people like Angelico and Jack Evans because they don't have any real high money prospects in America. They could probably get work in Japan at least. If NJPW wanted to pull them in it wouldn't be super disappointing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At this point, I'm convinced CMLL books shows around whoever shows up that day. They have a pretty decent roster but outside of a few guys, no one really has an angle to play out.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

At this point, I'm convinced CMLL books shows around whoever shows up that day isn't too drunk. They have a pretty decent roster but outside of a few guys, no one really has an angle to play out.
Fixed that for you.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Fixed that for you.

You're talking about a company that still lets Mr. Niebla wrestle while completely inebriated.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Germansimp posted:

You're talking about a company that still lets Mr. Niebla wrestle while completely inebriated.

In this fantasy I'm envisioning the CMLL locker room is just littered with passed out wrestlers and the booker just splashes water on them until enough wake up to walk to the ring.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

coconono posted:

At this point, I'm convinced CMLL books shows around whoever shows up that day. They have a pretty decent roster but outside of a few guys, no one really has an angle to play out.

They book around who's owed bookings and little else comes into consideration.

You guys are seriously underselling their roster though. They're absolutely stacked with talent, arguably more than any other promotion in the world. Problem is they have a bunch of lovely guys too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spermgod posted:

You guys are seriously underselling their roster though. They're absolutely stacked with talent, arguably more than any other promotion in the world. Problem is they have a bunch of lovely guys too.

and Thunder

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

He already mentioned being stacked with talent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

I just looked at CMLL's current known roster on cagematch. They have nearly 130 people. That's insane.

E: WHY DOESNT THUNDER HAVE A CAGEMATCH PAGE THIS IS BULLSHIT. IM GONNA BEAT YOU UP STRIGGA YOU NERD

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

I just looked at CMLL's current known roster on cagematch. They have nearly 130 people. That's insane.

E: WHY DOESNT THUNDER HAVE A CAGEMATCH PAGE THIS IS BULLSHIT. IM GONNA BEAT YOU UP STRIGGA YOU NERD

:confused:

Uh, its right here

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Trainer: Demus 316

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

Uh, its right here

its not listed under CMLL's current roster on CMLL's cagematch page. Still gonna put Strigga in a locker.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Ok, there's now one Thunder singles match I definitely wanna see

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

This changes everything

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

He already mentioned being stacked with talent.

So all I said was that Thunder is in a class by himself

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Wow next Friday's card looks great

Hey this is starting now and yeah the card looks great so everyone who's interested in product and home should watch

http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

We all know AAA is a garbage fire, but how is CMLL doing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CMLL's doing steady but not fantastic business aided by the fact that they own their own buildings.

Dave said they drew 4k to Arena Puebla on 2/1 for Mascara Dorada's return, which is a nice number close to the reported numbers of the average Friday show.

Speaking of CMLL, tonight's Puebla show looks decent and is headlined by a Volador vs. Negro Casas title match. It's at 10 PM EST.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
CMLL runs an insane number of shows a week in buildings they own, plus letting ELITE use their buildings in whatever the arrangement is there. They're not doing great attendances for most of those shows but their business model is basically a license to print money.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Thauros posted:

Uh, its right here
Nickname: "The Aussie Luchador"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Another really good looking card tomorrow night.

There seems to be a little more thought than usual going into these cards lately. They don't always deliver on the potential but it's a start at least.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what the hell happened a month ago that made cmll stop booking trash cards 3 nights a week. Was it really just the return of Mascara Dorada? Is he booking CMLL now?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

oatgan posted:

what the hell happened a month ago that made cmll stop booking trash cards 3 nights a week was it really just the return of mascara dorada

lol you posted before my edit but yeah it's interesting

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It looks like AAA will be taping a new syndicated show for English markets*.

* - It can't be seen in the US because of Lucha Underground.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

It looks like AAA will be taping a new syndicated show for English markets*.

* - It can't be seen in the US because of Lucha Underground.

It could never be as good as Lucha Underground anyways.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Well that was pretty comfortably the best CMLL show of the year and had a major angle to close the show to boot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

some really odd decisions on this card (Okumura in the tercera instead of teaming with Fujin/Raijin?) and that semifinal has the potential to be an absolute disaster but at the very least the tercera and main should be good.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cubsfan posted:

MDA ELITE (SUN) 02/21/2016 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [Estrellsa del Ring]
1) Mini Hator b Mini Difunto
2) Chocolata & Dulce Kanela b Erika Sotelo & Larry Miranda
3) Gallardo & Golden Boy b Gato Fantasma & Último Sombra
4) Epydemius, Galactar, Último Ninja b Ninja Jr., Obsesión, Quinto Elemento
5) Carístico & Mistico II DQ Cibernético & Sharlie Rockstar
Rudos unmasked the tecnicos for the DQ
6) Máscara Sagrada, Octagón, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000

Not a sell out, but a good turnout for the show. They announced they’d be back on 03/20 with Canek versus Mil Mascaras. Presumably that’s actually at trios match with the guys from this semimain or anything but a singles match.

DylanZero has an excellent post that's linked on luchablog that's a great primer for getting into CMLL.

DylanZero posted:

Rush
Major Apuestas Wins: vs. El Terrible, vs. Shocker, vs. Negro Casas
Current Titles: None
Family on CMLL Roster: Older Brother of Místico & Dragon Lee, Son of Comandante Pierroth
Group Affiliation: Los Ingobernables (With La Máscara & Tetsuya Naito)
Theme Song: "Whatever" - Our Lady Peace
Zero's thoughts: His brawling style is among the most vicious to come along in years, his promos are legendary, and his unabashed love of being the most hated man in wrestling anywhere is a delight to watch this day and age. And to think, his original push saw him as a heartthrob type, but after his brother became Místico II, the heat transferred to Rush and Rush totally ran with it, becoming a million times better as a Rudo. He owns EVERYBODY on the mic, regardless of star status, even once railing against his own dad and threatening harm on him, as well as making fun of his current rivals Carístico (Who he's hilariously decreed as Mil Nombres or Thousand Names) & Cibernetico (or RoboCop in Rush speak) the guy's awesome and one of the best brawlers in the world today. My truly favorite all around wrestler. The only thing potentially holding him back is his rap sheet, getting suspended twice last year due to physical altercations including a full on arrest. He's CMLL's golden goose, and if there was anyone ready to take Atlantis' mask, it's him.

Marco Corleone :smith:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yeah Marco got booted from the Gobers recently. :(

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Not gonna lie, Mil Nombres is a way better name than Caristico.

Also, Rush comes out to Benoit's old music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Not gonna lie, Mil Nombres is a way better name than Caristico.

Also, Rush comes out to Benoit's old music?

He almost always uses Black Skinhead now which is the Ingobernables' theme.