Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Dogstoyevsky posted:

get this

Star... Shitizen :aaaaa:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Breaking news Citizens! It seems Captain B'Tak has been captured by the Stimpire... apparently he is going to live out his life in a pain amplifier:

edit for spelling

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah I know, video games do not make me feel anger, I feel fun times and stuff.
I promise next time to use an uplifting anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0 please give this one a burl sometime it is the happiest fun song ever

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There's always something new to discover in this

Like how he has one fake plastic knife on either side of his hip

And that his belt buckle is almost completely obscured by his gut

And that his navel is perfectly visible because he adheres to the "super slim" school of fat concealment

I just noticed the katana on the loving floor.

Of course he has a katana!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here. I decided to see just how bad star citizens could be tonight (drunk/bored). I'll get on mechwarrior in like 30 minutes if anybody else is on mumble.

whatever, there's worse stuff out there. These people are off the rails.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

:boom:

Careful beer you may end up on double secret probation banning. :ohdear:
They gonna nerf cutlass again.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4575u5/question_on_probation/

A fellow poster is being ostracized by Reddit and needs our help.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gilganixon posted:

can someone hook me up with the designs for those ramming parpships for Star Plebean, I'm too lazy to hunt through this thread to look for them and i want them for a comic

Not sure if you got what you need, but I'm on vacation in lovely, balmy Maine and finally got settled. PM me if you need the 3d models, and what format you prefer. If you just need some screenshots I can do that too.

But don't worry guys, progress on Solar Plebeian won't stop. Instead of suffering the unholy Neptuonic sub-zero temperatures in some sad, sallow artifice of self-growth through persistence against the optional elements, I will be indoors, my face in my laptop, working on the Solar Plebeian UI.

I can't promise anything, but I promise it will be done in 2 weeks.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I keep misreading "parpships" as "parsnips." Will root vegetable-inspired ships be available?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sunswipe posted:

I keep misreading "parpships" as "parsnips." Will root vegetable-inspired ships be available?

If we're making goon ships, I suggest the name "Beets by Dr. Der"

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Solar Plebian ship design

DONG Fighter

Engine - Dual Output Nebula Gas
Computer - Phase Enhanced Navigation Instrument System (with optional Balanced Altitude Level Landing System for atmospheric flight)
Armament - Space Payload External Rotary Missile System

Concept art:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eonwe:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wooooooooooooo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tony Hawk's Pro Citizen looking great!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

The Austin Office is doing planning for new Mo-Cap shoots.

"Drug deals gone wrong".

"Drug deals gone right."

"Different animations you might find in a prison...'"

:chanpop:

they are beyond parody now. lets mo-cap more stuff ahahahahhaha

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

My idiot boss was talking to my coworker on the phone while driving, and he rear ended somebody. Nobody was hurt, but he won't be returning to the office this afternoon since he has to deal with that.

This is all I could ever ask for for Valentine's Day. gently caress the cards, gently caress the smilies, gently caress it all. I get the rest of the day in peace and quiet.

This place is turning me into a loving sadist.

Quickly, goons, to me! We must rally! Fuzzknot is becoming tainted by the Stimpire!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

they are beyond parody now. lets mo-cap more stuff ahahahahhaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ1GlTPvtg&t=36s

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:gary::lesnick::pgabz::eonwe::eonwe::pgabz::lesnick::lesnick::pgabz::eonwe::eonwe::pgabz::lesnick::lesnick::pgabz::eonwe::eonwe::pgabz::lesnick::yarg:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Toops posted:

Not sure if you got what you need, but I'm on vacation in lovely, balmy Maine and finally got settled. PM me if you need the 3d models, and what format you prefer. If you just need some screenshots I can do that too.

But don't worry guys, progress on Solar Plebeian won't stop. Instead of suffering the unholy Neptuonic sub-zero temperatures in some sad, sallow artifice of self-growth through persistence against the optional elements, I will be indoors, my face in my laptop, working on the Solar Plebeian UI.

I can't promise anything, but I promise it will be done in 2 weeks.

Have you thought of integrating all of Captain B'tak's ideas into Solar Plebeian? He has a lot of great ideas.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

I don't know of a thread that has been so delivering ever... Kickstarter success?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

What this space game really needs is a mo-cap prison scene...maybe a mo-cap space clinic where people are getting shots for the spaceflu. We have all this money anyway

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

BeefThief posted:

What this space game really needs is a mo-cap prison scene...maybe a mo-cap space clinic where people are getting shots for the spaceflu. We have all this money anyway

In b4 they recreate the American History X shower scene.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Have they said when we're going to be able to grow vegetables in the game? Somewhere down the road, like 2.2 or 2.3?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has anyone said Star Citizen Kane yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Goobs posted:

In b4 they recreate the American History X shower scene.

Spoon scene from Oz. Probably what the whales feel like now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BeefThief posted:

Have they said when we're going to be able to grow vegetables in the game? Somewhere down the road, like 2.2 or 2.3?

Chris Roberts posted:

I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh vegetable growing is cancelled or Where’s crop functionality!?” Vegetable growing was just a game mode for people to play the farming elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: seeding, watering, growing, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that’s what it’s 2.1.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So wait, they're mo-cappinng animations for drug deals and the various ways a drug deal might turn out?

This isn't normal, right? Other companies just like... animate models, right? Using sensible techniques? Like, nobody mo-caps every loving animation in their game, do they?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

if you think about it star citizen is a little bit like sisyphus

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

also if i post :eonwe: in a thread does that summon him?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mendrian posted:

This isn't normal, right? Other companies just like... animate models, right? Using sensible techniques? Like, nobody mo-caps every loving animation in their game, do they?

er you sound like you want this to be a game for paupers

what is being mocapped here is dreams

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crubbits
Crimmdim
Crobman
Crebley
Crandamn

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Happy Sisyphus posted:

if you think about it star citizen is a little bit like sisyphus

Bulldozing a derelict ship into space forever.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Iglocska posted:

I hope you're not writing this on a work system :)

A+ boss though!

Oh, I was, but my bosses aren't that bright (in case you couldn't tell). Besides, I know to erase my Internet history.

Sunswipe posted:

It's been done. Remember the Potato ship?

Samizdata posted:

Quickly, goons, to me! We must rally! Fuzzknot is becoming tainted by the Stimpire!

I meant the schadenfreude of watching my idiot bosses' harebrained schemes backfire is turning me into a sadist, not this thread.

Now. I think Bootcha misheard me when I said I was borrowing his computer to shitpost, so I will retire for the evening.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mendrian posted:

So wait, they're mo-cappinng animations for drug deals and the various ways a drug deal might turn out?

chris roberts is an idiot hth

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

chris roberts is an idiot hth

mo-cap
mo-crap
mo-crob
mo-crobberts

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

:eonwe: the rotation + candle suggest, to me, something occult is at work :eonwe:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

why the gently caress is there supposed to be farming in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Charles Get-Out posted:

why the gently caress is there supposed to be farming in this game

because what the world needs is farmville in space

• Locked thread