Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm personally in love with the self-own they did to themselves simply by implying that they're fake. By doing so they fully admitted that Sandi was stupid and unprofessional. If they felt they had to defend her (LOL) they could have simply said she was under a lot of stress, or a million other things, and left it at that. But nope - the old internet chestnut of "LOL FAKE" got trotted out, and now they're painted into a corner.

I liked all the "these have to be fake, no one is that ridiculous" responses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kramjacks posted:

What do any of these have to do with SC? Are they pictures of/made by citizens?

Yes, and actual pics of said citizens that they put on their org websites.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lack of Gravitas posted:

It's that thing the Village People do in the YMCA song

Ah, Thanks. I'm sure croobie is already mocapping it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45drld/what_are_the_chances_we_will_see_the_idris_hangar/

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lime Tonics posted:

They still having fixed the jittering of the ports rings either I just noticed too. This games held together by code glues and ~dreams~ at this point I suspect.

Their problem is, they've already reached the point of irreducible number of errors. Every time they fix a bug, they create at least one more, like a dear, sweet, stupid code Mickey chopping his reanimated brooms.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Toops posted:

Their problem is, they've already reached the point of irreducible number of errors. Every time they fix a bug, they create at least one more, like a dear, sweet, stupid code Mickey chopping his reanimated brooms.

Exactly this. Consider how buggy the PTU is now, with a 16-player cap, and virtually no content. And each patch fixes basically nothing, except things like a lighting effect, or a door. It's an incredibly small, closed, controlled system with extremely limited assets (only a few ships, and a single player model) and it's almost falling apart. People think this is a platform on which to build?!? They had to remove a shotgun for crashing the server. The whole thing desperately needs to be scrapped and redone from the ground up. There is no way they can build on this foundation. I hope they add a bunch more stuff anyway, because it's gonna be more fun for us if they try - which block finally collapses this Jenga tower of code?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

My housemate just came up with the best name ever.

Oswald Crobblepot.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5bBDRpzPM

Check out the font. Spooky.

Also my submission for :pgabz: next music.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Toops posted:

Isn't that a sign that their code base is total scheisse ?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Exactly this. Consider how buggy the PTU is now, with a 16-player cap, and virtually no content. And each patch fixes basically nothing, except things like a lighting effect, or a door. It's an incredibly small, closed, controlled system with extremely limited assets (only a few ships, and a single player model) and it's almost falling apart. People think this is a platform on which to build?!? They had to remove a shotgun for crashing the server. The whole thing desperately needs to be scrapped and redone from the ground up. There is no way they can build on this foundation. I hope they add a bunch more stuff anyway, because it's gonna be more fun for us if they try - which block finally collapses this Jenga tower of code?

I just want them to get as far as adding the first truly "large" multicrew ship like the Starfarer or Idris (lol) or whatever. There's literally no way that won't end up being a loving tornado of horrible jank and people complaining about getting rammed while flying their U.S.S. Penis Compensation.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I just want them to get as far as adding the first truly "large" multicrew ship like the Starfarer or Idris (lol) or whatever. There's literally no way that won't end up being a loving tornado of horrible jank and people complaining about getting rammed while flying their U.S.S. Penis Compensation.

It would be nice if they could actually get the refueling mechanic in. That would give some laughs.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Berious posted:

I liked all the "these have to be fake, no one is that ridiculous" responses

That would be a perfectly reasonable response to random internet information. It's the loving mental gymnastics that allow them to say "I don't care if they're real, they could should uhhh well argument won!!!11" that gets me

loving logical vandalism
  • If (1) is true, then and only then, (2) is true
  • (3) is a bad smelly face who implies (1) is false
  • (4) is the number of months' disability benefits I've paid CIG
  • (5) is the number of years since I last had sex
  • (4)+(5)>(3)
  • Therefore, (2) is true

Tarkaroshe, you're a liar and only your obstinacy protects your shiny world view. Please don't judge others by your lovely example.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

When it warps it will be just like the comic from yesterday with a bunch (as long as it is under 15) of T posed citizens spewing out like exhaust.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

It would be nice if they could actually get the refueling mechanic in. That would give some laughs.

I really really wish the refueling mechanic was more than just some ideas and question marks scribbled on paper. The last I heard you were going to have to manually operate the fuel boom and hook it up with someone flying behind you, like exactly the way we do in-flight refueling now, which is INSANE.

A) That's not fun gameplay. Just have it auto-connect if you flip the switch and they get in the right area. Don't waste a fuckload of time developing something that's overly complicated and not fun... oh wait this is CIG.

B) with how loving janky any kind of maneuvering is right now, nobody will ever get that thing to hook up. Ever.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think some of the bugs we're seeing are going to be essentially unsolvable for CIG.

My bet is that issues like the player glitching out of the ship when <<using>> things never gets fixed, and makes it to release(lol).

I'm also starting to think that SQ42 is going to be Arena Commander based and have none of the PTU stuff (except walking around levels similar to the social module).

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is the pressure getting to Crobbles?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

why can't we just call him Chris? I think that's a funny enough name

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

I really really wish the refueling mechanic was more than just some ideas and question marks scribbled on paper. The last I heard you were going to have to manually operate the fuel boom and hook it up with someone flying behind you, like exactly the way we do in-flight refueling now, which is INSANE.

A) That's not fun gameplay. Just have it auto-connect if you flip the switch and they get in the right area. Don't waste a fuckload of time developing something that's overly complicated and not fun... oh wait this is CIG.

B) with how loving janky any kind of maneuvering is right now, nobody will ever get that thing to hook up. Ever.

It's like sex you see.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

do people have names in the stimpire?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

That really blows my mind too. Anyone who thinks Alpha 2.0 is a good technical foundation is a retard, a shill, or a con-man. As you add complexty to software, stability goes down, not up. You then have to counter-act that instability with bug fixes, refactoring/rethinking, and sometimes, module/system re-architecture. Problem is, the PU is already too complicated to touch. They need to add metric poo poo-tons of complexity in order to make the PU into anything beyond a bug-hosed empty shell with spersh sherps. But they can't even fix the problems that exist in the foundation, so how do they build on it?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

But... why ?

Any space suit designed for EVA worth something is flameproof and has to be good at temperature control. I could understand bright orange and maybe a red helmet for "Rescue 1" crew but to spend artist hours on a space firefighter helmet ? Really?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Galarox posted:

Is the pressure getting to Crobbles?

:eyepop:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

phonetic my friend.

I'm just using the term the guy used in the RSI post my friend.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Layers upon layers of assumptions... that's at least how I see it

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Duckaerobics posted:

I think some of the bugs we're seeing are going to be essentially unsolvable for CIG.

I agree. All CIG is doing with their little bullshit fixes is putting off the inevitable.

Imagine you're working somewhere and they give you a list of 5 things that MUST be done for the project to succeed. The list might look like this:

1) Raise $10,000
2) Create a website
3) Rent out office space
4) Jump into an active volcano naked, swim around in the lava, then get out and towel yourself off
5) Make logos for company van

A sensible person skims the objectives, and quite correctly points out that since #4 is impossible, and since all 5 must be done to succeed, then overall the project cannot be completed as stated. Either quit, or form a new project plan.

CIG looks at the list and says, "Well #4 might be impossible, but the other 4 things are totally doable, so let's do those first and worry about #4 later on. That way we've made some progress."

No, you haven't made progress. 4 out of 5 things done in the above example is not progress: since #4 can never occur, it's the same as if you've done nothing at all. All you did was waste time and money. The above logic is what I come across EVERY SINGLE DAY in failed enterprise planning, and it's the basis of sunk cost fallacy and death marches in companies all over the world. I hate to quote Derek nearly verbatim, but it's basically why he says "the project, as pitched, will never see the light of day." "As pitched" are the keywords. They could have reworked this project any number of ways that would have increased their chances of success, but Chris refuses to "compromise." There are countless ways you can make a space game, as evidenced by countless companies who have done so, and continue to do so. But the way Chris has chosen is a way it can't be done. So the death march continues to its merry conclusion.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Toops posted:

That really blows my mind too. Anyone who thinks Alpha 2.0 is a good technical foundation is a retard, a shill, or a con-man. As you add complexty to software, stability goes down, not up. You then have to counter-act that instability with bug fixes, refactoring/rethinking, and sometimes, module/system re-architecture. Problem is, the PU is already too complicated to touch. They need to add metric poo poo-tons of complexity in order to make the PU into anything beyond a bug-hosed empty shell with spersh sherps. But they can't even fix the problems that exist in the foundation, so how do they build on it?

incase you missed the songs i posted earlier. heres some music for solar plebeian
https://soundcloud.com/dark-off/sets/solar-plebian

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

phonetic my friend.

The german phonetic alphabet had "Karl" for K (Deutsches Kaiserreich 1905 - 1926).

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

The more and more I read from B'Tak the more I come to the assumption that this guy is German. Just based on the way he writes and what he writes.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Isn't that a sign that their code base is total scheisse ?

No way man, it's a sign they have a great technical foundation to build our dreams upon you just don't understand game development if you hate the game so much why are you here it's alpha we pledged to give CR all the time he needs to build his vision it's pre-alpha it's only been in development for 2 years they're actually way ahead of schedule lol hi derek they are doing something that's never even been attempted before it's in-engine what aaa game have you developed this is normal we are just seeing the process because this is the most open development in history everything is fine i believe everything is fine i believe it's fine i have faith everything is fine.

I'm the empty shell who stared into the empty shell and found my friends.

"Even the damned in Hell have the community of their suffering." -Cormac McCarthy

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

To be fun, or not to be fun: that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The tedium and drabness of outrageous fidelity,
Or to take arms against a sea of sim tropes,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more

- William Shakespeare's Cramlet, Act 3, Scene 1

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nnnVdmC50

Bensday with Batgirl is up :eonwe:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dark Off posted:

incase you missed the songs i posted earlier. heres some music for solar plebeian
https://soundcloud.com/dark-off/sets/solar-plebian

Digging that stimpire theme (actually listening to it while drawing the Stimpire page for my comic)

is good

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Incindentally, if anyone has some suggestions for classic art/paintings or anything else I can play with/CIG-ify please suggest it. I am laid up with a back injury at the mo so I have the time! :jeb:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, hear me out. Here's my idea of a new show. Star Citizen... On Ice.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Crip Robbers.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dusty Lens posted:

Crip Robbers.

CRappers

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I keep forgetting I have a subscription for Photoshop. I should probably learn how to use it instead of making horrible abominations in Paint all the time...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chrandi is Chris' and Sandi's celebrity couple name.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crisco "Jpegs" Rizzle and his Persistent 'Verse featuring Sands "Whalebait" Grundler and Ben "Chumbucket" Let'seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I agree. All CIG is doing with their little bullshit fixes is putting off the inevitable.

The project is a death by a thousand cuts (funny how life imitates Stimpire art).

• Locked thread