Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tommunist posted:

Like entirely based of jakeP worded it felt off for scum.

But based of your posts today I could now see it

see that is what i said

also lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Now you both look silly

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

PBS Newshour posted:

Jake is saying though how could you possibly know about what went on without reading it

Sometimes in mafia people make posts about things that happened before.

It's like history kinda

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Questioning your awareness of what the word silly actually means

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I know tommunist, i wanted you to answer jake's questions directly since he wasn't pressing it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
JakeP how do you feel about asiina's obvious buddying up to you for the whole game?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Quidnose what is your favourite MtG deck?

Also are you scum?

hm

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

JakeP how do you feel about asiina's obvious buddying up to you for the whole game?

Keeping my eye on it, I wouldn't say I am confident that she is town, but there are definitely people higher on my scumdar than her, and if she is scum she has really upped her scum game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Trasson posted:

You're going to have to present some proof.

Let's take a sixteen player 3 scum game to make the math easy. You are a player in this game; you are town. Thus, you have a one in three chance of blind voting scum. This is fundamental math for this game.

It stands to reason that any data at all improves those odds. At worst, they're the same. How could the odds go lower unless you posit any D1 activity actively draws attention away from scum? Unless you assume in a typical game that a scum player is so good at appearing town as to appear more town than actual town, there is no downside to D1 analysis. And if that is the case there is, in fact, no game because D1 activity extends all the way to hammer/deadline which is the sort of thing you'd be analyzing on D2 along with the flip.

Additionally, I would posit this does change yet more in a plurality vote. In our sixteen player/three scum example, if all thirteen town blind vote one of the fifteen other players odds are large--very large--a town will be lynched, even without scum intervention. Additionally, this will bring no useful info as the scum need not vote at all to see a town lynched!

You might say you're not advocating blind voting, but then what are you advocating? If D1 analysis doesn't help, then what do we do? You suggest blind voting has a better chance, but if everyone blind votes we are exceedingly likely to lynch town without scum intervention; all but assured with. So...what? Everyone unvotes and we no-lynch (is that even an option in this?). That gives us no data on D2 to work with, putting us in the same position, and there is no reason a lone scum couldn't dissent and vote a town, thus causing that town to countervote and attempt to build a case on the first scum and we're back where we started. Even if this weren't plurality D1 data is exceedingly important for D2, so...why are you arguing that we should literally not play the game, why are you arguing that's a winning move, and why should anyone take that as something other than a scum play?

hmm

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

What about that post makes you go hmm?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that and another mechanics post makes me wonder if trasson being scum is a thing since newplayer scum is likely to do those posts in a doc maybe???

i dunno, like i am more confident on my scum read on asiina but that is something that is incredibly easy to get back to and talk about, the reason why i keep bringing up trasson because i am kinda ehh on it and want to generate content around em

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

What about that post makes you go hmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Tommunist posted:

I mean it's 4 am and I'm not parsley things correctly but man there goes my town vibe on capps

I think you mean

PBS

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im still leaning scum though, there is just too many odd bits about trasson

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

that and another mechanics post makes me wonder if trasson being scum is a thing since newplayer scum is likely to do those posts in a doc maybe???

i dunno, like i am more confident on my scum read on asiina but that is something that is incredibly easy to get back to and talk about, the reason why i keep bringing up trasson because i am kinda ehh on it and want to generate content around em

I felt like at the time trasson made that post it was relevant to the conversation, and I don't feel like it was an attempt to avoid making actual content posts

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

PBS Newshour posted:

im still leaning scum though, there is just too many odd bits about trasson

PBS are you scum with Trasson?

You can tell me, we're mafia buddies.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but really straight up are you claiming a vig on Quidnose. Just yes or no, don't add anything else to the end of your answer that gives you room to wiggle out if you get CCed please

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the 2 previous times you have claimed the kill you add jokey comments to the end where I could see you being CCed and you saying lol i was obviously jk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

##vote Trasson

I hate when people bitch about jokephase and then check out.

I HATE IT!

Asiina posted:

I feel like Quidnose and Madman aren't even in the same game as Jake, Podima, and I.

Trasson posted:

Asiina's mostly commenting on the Jake/Madman dance. She's basically saying thw two of them are dumb and encouraging other people to participate. Reads the same to me as last game where she was town, but I gather Asiina's an old hand at this so I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference.

though i see a def possible scum team here with the 1st and last post

also i think 2nd and last post also demonstrate that asiina has been kinda playing from a perch this game. like trasson says, asiina seems to be mostly commenting on the "dance" in this game and also you have the whole herself saying "i don't think we are playing the same game" thing

its very hey i am engaging, but i am not really engaging

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

I felt like at the time trasson made that post it was relevant to the conversation, and I don't feel like it was an attempt to avoid making actual content posts

no i am saying i think the mechanics type posts he would have made (the 1st one would be a better example) had types of questions i would see a scum player asking in their doc

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

but really straight up are you claiming a vig on Quidnose. Just yes or no, don't add anything else to the end of your answer that gives you room to wiggle out if you get CCed please

i didn't vig quid

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also that post asiina made asking quid is the scum

seems like asiina told herself when she got scum this game she was just going to play in a "fun" less engaged way, hence the possibly jokingly posts she made with her possible scum buddies, her being a sort of greek chorus to the events, and how she seems to be playing a separate game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

PBS are you scum with Trasson?

You can tell me, we're mafia buddies.

nah i am scum with ssv and we were bussing our mafia buddy madman

also
##vote asiina

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

though i see a def possible scum team here with the 1st and last post

also i think 2nd and last post also demonstrate that asiina has been kinda playing from a perch this game. like trasson says, asiina seems to be mostly commenting on the "dance" in this game and also you have the whole herself saying "i don't think we are playing the same game" thing

its very hey i am engaging, but i am not really engaging

as far as the "not playing the same game as me comment" that definitely felt legit to me because I felt the exact same way. Quidnose and TMM were spouting off complete nonsense, and it was a lot of the reason I was so deadset on voting quidnose. Honestly I would feel a lot better about Asiina being town if she wasn't such a fence sitter on TMM/Quidnose, so I really see where you are coming from with the last part.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

imgay (1): CCKeane
Asiina (1): PBS Newshour
PBS Newshour (1): JakeP
JakeP (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
Trasson (0): PBS Newshour, PBS Newshour

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Friction.123, imgay, Opopanax, Podima, SirSamVimes, Tommunist, Trasson

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 15th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

haha lmbo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

as far as the "not playing the same game as me comment" that definitely felt legit to me because I felt the exact same way. Quidnose and TMM were spouting off complete nonsense, and it was a lot of the reason I was so deadset on voting quidnose. Honestly I would feel a lot better about Asiina being town if she wasn't such a fence sitter on TMM/Quidnose, so I really see where you are coming from with the last part.

Oh i just thought the not playing the same game comment was pretty funny because it seemed like asiina has been doing it for the whole game in a way, yeah it fits in with the context of where it was posted though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also asked Keane a couple of times if he was scum. Are we also scumbuddies?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I also asked Keane a couple of times if he was scum. Are we also scumbuddies?

no duh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean:
no, duh

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

Oh i just thought the not playing the same game comment was pretty funny because it seemed like asiina has been doing it for the whole game in a way, yeah it fits in with the context of where it was posted though

I'm not clever enough to have posts with double meanings, if that's what you're implying.

Or are you saying I subconsciously gave myself away while commenting on something else because OMG THAT'S WHAT SCUM DO!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I'm not clever enough to have posts with double meanings, if that's what you're implying.

Or are you saying I subconsciously gave myself away while commenting on something else because OMG THAT'S WHAT SCUM DO!

i am saying i included it because i thought it was ironic

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"omg that's what scum do" being "play a different game than town"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that i thought you were playing a different game from us and then you made a comment about playing a different game from some other players

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

i am saying i included it because i thought it was ironic

That's not really irony.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh and i also included it because it was a very typical post from you this game in how its kinda lightly presents you as a voice of reason and someone to trust, while you are not directly engaging with the game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

That's not really irony.

i never graduated high school

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

oh and i also included it because it was a very typical post from you this game in how its kinda lightly presents you as a voice of reason and someone to trust, while you are not directly engaging with the game

Maybe I am a voice of reason and someone to trust :sun:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Maybe I am a voice of reason and someone to trust :sun:

false-o!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008