Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

ili posted:

Ricky does love paying overs though.

He does and Canberra in general needs to.

However, when a club releases information on how much a player left for its probably on the exaggerated side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Telegraph is reporting that they are paying him 425,000 a year

massive for an unproven player

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no wonder we couldn't match it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hey, that's the Tigers normal tactic! That, or massively overpay for a fraud.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Raiders have recruited brilliantly in 2015/16 so maybe Ricky knows something we don't

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Still short a prop

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Papalii would move back to prop I imagine since it was already pretty crowded in the second row even before you bought Tapine

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I still think we are targeting Paulo for next season

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm still not used to this "people actually moving to Canberra" thing that is happening.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Neither am I tbh.

For all Stuarts issues he has been very good at retaining and bringing players in. I still think he would make a hell of a director of football operations for the club if he still stinks as a coach

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Ilyich posted:

32-6 to Salford. :stare: What the gently caress is going on? That 1st half was embarrassing. Truly awful performance from the whole team.

Edit. 44-10 final score. Amazing performance from Salford, and an appalling one from St. Helens. We haven't played that badly in a long time.

That's an amazing score, I watched it today and Salford were very good but Saints didn't seem interested at all.

Hudd Wigan is a good even game atm btw.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I honestly can't comprehend the amount of errors in the charity shield this year.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hahah the looks of disgust on the yobbo Australian crowd having to put up with all this 'abo poo poo'

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Hahah the looks of disgust on the yobbo Australian crowd having to put up with all this 'abo poo poo'

Even my wife's family, who are fairly stereotypically country folk, managed to keep from saying or intimating anything offensive during all that. Small victories.

Reynolds has been poo poo so far

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also this commentary team has to be almost the worst I've ever heard, just for annoying voices and comments.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm enjoying 13 a side league being back on my TV.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Also this commentary team has to be almost the worst I've ever heard, just for annoying voices and comments.

We still like Sterlo at least, don't we? It's hard to keep track of sometimes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

He's the only bearable part.

I can't remember the name of the muppet doing play by play but if he could shut the gently caress up it'd be awesome.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

20 min quarters? wtf is this nonsense?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Sterlo and Rabs are great. Pity about the rest of the Nine crew.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Drint Blasters posted:

20 min quarters? wtf is this nonsense?

Preseason.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well it's like 40 degrees in Brisbane today.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

God drat he's strong.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Yeah, but he breaks too easily for a big kid.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Great pass off the ground, there

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

BCR posted:

Yeah, but he breaks too easily for a big kid.

By all accounts he's actually done pre-season right this year, not his usual 20kg extra fat after Christmas.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, everyone has been on notice not to pile on the weight because of the new interchange rules.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I know Soward is a prick but I love when he does well since I know he irritates the gently caress out of assholes like Robbie Farah and Beau Ryan.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

I know Soward is a prick but I love when he does well since I know he irritates the gently caress out of assholes like Robbie Farah and Beau Ryan.

His facial hair irritates the gently caress out of me.

Why does the play by play guy keep calling them the Waldorf Stars it's triggering me.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Soward is easily a bigger fuckwit than Farah and Beau Ryan combined and that is saying a lot

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Soward seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat who will quite happily leave you alone if you leave him alone. Farah & Ryan are the kind of assholes who go out of their way to be assholes regardless.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't know, Farah looks like the kind of guy to literally sit by himself all day everyday and stew about things, always internally blaming himself for any perceived fault. That's been a constant comment by teammates. More distant than douchey.

Soward just looks like a pouty Prima Donna that explodes at the drop of a hat.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Aeynolds looks sharp as hell tonight

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Koni is so loving good at earning penalties.

edit: Bird has jizz on his face

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 13, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Got Rugby League Live 3 today. By far the best RL game I've played, although still has some of the weird positioning flaws of its predecessors. Great fun, though.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011
Would love to see the Cows go back to back but I feel like last year was a bit of a fluke for us despite having one of the best teams on paper. If the Broncs get off to a good start I can sadly see them running away with it. The Dogs are in for a disaster of a year I feel. Predictions! :

1 Broncs (ugh)
2 Warriors
3 Cowboys
4 Panthers
5 Souths
6 Raiders
7 Parra
8 Sharkies

9 Storm
10 Dogs
11 Roosters
12 (gently caress) Manly
13 Newcastle
14 Tiges
15 Dragons
16 Titans

I'll hopefully get around to posting in here more often this season, seeing the Cows win a premiership (never thought I'd live to see that) has reignited my love for the footy despite all the dog abuse.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Warriors at 2nd is the biggest lol. 7th or 8th maybe.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I think Manly will only do poorly this year if they are savaged by injury. They only just missed out on the 8 in 2015 despite having probably the most pathetic forward pack in the competition and now they have a very good one. They'll miss Foran but probably won't miss 2015 Foran.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011

BCR posted:

Warriors at 2nd is the biggest lol. 7th or 8th maybe.

Ehhh i don't know, I guess I believe the hype this year? I think they'll definitely be there at the pointy end but I've been very wrong before.

As for Manly I'm basing that prediction purely off hating Manly really but I don't rate their squad too much, a lot of overrated players in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Ryan Hoffman taking over as captain for us this year.

Surprised they've taken it off Mannering, although he wasn't the most inspirational leader.

EDIT: I guess technically he's standing down.

Red_Museum fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 17, 2016

• Locked thread