Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Electric Lady posted:

Lots of talk on Mecca about "rebranding" today. Nom talks about some of the difficulties of the same.

Yes, TNA was #1 on the hit list when NXT was created. They stole the X from the X Division. Oh, Nom :allears:

I get that these people are insanely dumb but how can you possibly think calling your developmental show "NeXT" is a loving shot at TNA because they used the letters T and X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wrestling has legal precedent regarding owning a letter. The landmark case was Booker T v. Big T

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Hey, it uses the "N" too, for Nonstop (Theft). :tinfoil:

The discussion's on their latest article. Chris Regal made a comment about "spewing Vince Russo's talking points". Amazingly, it seems a decent chunk of Mecca at least realizes that Russo is bad. He has some defenders, though. Guess who:

Billy posted:

Wow

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Jim Grabowski came up in this thread a while back, and his Facebook page is amazing:

Jim Grabowski on Facebook posted:

Thank you Daniel Bryan.....for listening to Jumpin Jim Grabowski when we were both in Memphis in 2000. I told him "lose the mask GQ, the ladies will GUSH when they see that babyface" Next week the American Dragon loses the hood, panties commence in being dropped and now he's jamming his balls in a Bellas coochie. Well done kid, you were one of the good ones

Also he seems to think Ezekiel Jackson and Titus O'Neil are the same person.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stop all usage of the letters T, N or A or be sued by Dixie Carter.

That includes all countries such as the United States.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

Wrestling has legal precedent regarding owning a letter. The landmark case was Booker T v. Big T

That's kinda like McDonald's coffee lady in bad legal cites though.

It wasn't over the letter T like RD Reynolds would like you to believe

Stevie Ray and Big T (Harlem Heat 2000) sued Booker T over his share of the intellectual property rights of Harlem Heat, which included the name "Booker T", as well as his pyro, ring gear, titantron, and the Harlem Heat theme music.

Why they didn't sue WCW is anyone's guess.

After Booker lost, he was forced to wrestle as Booker Huffman and come out to some generic jobber music.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

After Booker lost, he was forced to wrestle as Booker Huffman and come out to some generic jobber music.

And then he became GI Bro for like 2 months, which was somehow an even worse storyline for him to end up in.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Stop all usage of the letters T, N or A or be sued by Dixie Carter.

That includes all countries such as the United States.

TNA will henceforth only refer to north of the border as "Cd".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stevie Ray and Big T (Harlem Heat 2000) sued Booker T over his share of the intellectual property rights of Harlem Heat, which included the name "Booker T", as well as his pyro, ring gear, titantron, and the Harlem Heat theme music.

Why not just call him Booker? Why bother to add something that makes it sound way worse?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wrestling is cool as hell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Seriously, the worst human being.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Even if Bryan could have a final match without risking any physical harm, the idea that he'd have it in a promotion that he never worked for is utterly laughable.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
But TNA could have offered him storylines that he could only dream of in the WWE. Like an undercard feud with… *checks current TNA roster* Mandrews.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why not just call him Booker? Why bother to add something that makes it sound way worse?

Mr. Huffman's reasoning was all the boys in the back would hate him if he is called "Booker".

Get it?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure he went by just Booker

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Mr. Huffman's reasoning was all the boys in the back would hate him if he is called "Booker".

Get it?

This is actually a joke Mark Madden made on commentary

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Electric Lady posted:

Lots of talk on Mecca about "rebranding" today. Nom talks about some of the difficulties of the same.

Yes, TNA was #1 on the hit list when NXT was created. They stole the X from the X Division. Oh, Nom :allears:

I guess that answers the question that was asked in the TNA thread about how the Mecca will take the reports that the TNA offices are just running out of a basement.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

why target?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Probably because former ECW champions Shane Douglas and Justin Credible have both allegedly worked there in recent years.

EDIT: It Came From Reddit!

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 12, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Even if Bryan could have a final match without risking any physical harm, the idea that he'd have it in a promotion that he never worked for is utterly laughable.

I think if he read that Bryan would throw on his boots one last time to stretch him like a bungee cord

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
My takeaway from the Titus O'Neil situation is that one random guy may or may not believe in kayfabe.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The "one random guy" hypothesis falls apart when you see he has 12 people agreeing with him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Electric Lady posted:

wah wah WWE stole our indie talents with better money and safer working conditions.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

oatgan posted:

This is actually a joke Mark Madden made on commentary

My God.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Aesop Poprock posted:

The "one random guy" hypothesis falls apart when you see he has 12 people agreeing with him

Man, if you wouldn't like a post from a man child that doesn't know what fiction is then I don't know what to tell you

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how he justifies it with "storyline or not, scripted or not" then proceeds to completely ignore what those words mean.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

thecountofincognito Levi D. Smith • 8 hours ago
While I love good promos and hope we continue to see them, without great matches, I may as well just watch stand up comics. I mean, Bill Burr and Norm Macdonald are as good on the mic as Ethan and E-Li, and I wouldn't have to see Grado.

Eli Drake and EC3 are as good on the mic as comedians Norm MacDonald and Bill Burr.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This Levi D. Smith guy sounds like a real jerk!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TL posted:

Jim Grabowski came up in this thread a while back, and his Facebook page is amazing:

Also he seems to think Ezekiel Jackson and Titus O'Neil are the same person.

This man has no idea how sex works

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Eli Drake and EC3 are as good on the mic as comedians Norm MacDonald and Bill Burr.

I really love how this guy's user name is "The Count of Incognito," followed by his real name

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

I really love how this guy's user name is "The Count of Incognito," followed by his real name

It's not, that's the dude he was replying to.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
After the discussion on Shawn Stasiak, I decided to see what he's doing nowadays and uhhhhhhhhhhh...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

After the discussion on Shawn Stasiak, I decided to see what he's doing nowadays and uhhhhhhhhhhh...

I'm so mad that the videos page of this has nothing posted

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

shawn stasiak: fake fighter, fake doctor, fake superhero

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I would pay unholy sums of money to watch Norm MacDonald commentate wrestling

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I would pay unholy sums of money to watch Norm MacDonald commentate wrestling

I would pay equally unholy amounts to listen to Bill Burr review an hour of TNA/WWE on his podcast.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

DeepDickPizza posted:

quote:

Dr Shawn is the only second-generation wrestler of a world champion in WWE today.

Stardust, Goldust, Charlotte, and Stephanie are all children of world champs under WWE contract right this second.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

laz0rbeak posted:

Stardust, Goldust, Charlotte, and Stephanie are all children of world champs under WWE contract right this second.

Dusty never won the WWF gold, and that's from like 2013 or earlier, so Charlotte wasn't on the main roster. Steph doesn't wrestle soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dusty never won the WWF gold, and that's from like 2013 or earlier, so Charlotte wasn't on the main roster. Steph doesn't wrestle soooo

Stephanie wrestled as recently as summer 2014