Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We need to make a new insult for citizens and see how quick they start using it on RSI.

"See you in the 'uni Sandi.... NOT!"

e: February 12th 1894
- French anarchist Émile Henry sets off a bomb in a Paris café, killing one person and wounding twenty.
- The barque Elisabeth Rickmers of Bremerhaven is wrecked at Haurvig, Denmark, but all crew and passengers are saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

DigitalMocking posted:

So here's a question.

There are ~300 people working at RSI/CIG/Whatever.

What the gently caress do they actually do? Figure 10 of them are involved in the lovely web-shows and forum bannings. What the gently caress are the other 290 people doing that produces NOTHING right now? Everything since the babypoop was released has been nothing but tweaks and minor fixes.
programmers to create modules Chris asked for, then deleting the source code when Chris changes his mind
concept artists to generate jpegs of ships
digital artists to create the next PUPIL TO PLANET
MO CAP
accountants to move money around the several dozen companies
help desk to delay / deny refunds

frankly it's amazing they've only got 300 people!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DigitalMocking posted:

So here's a question.

What the gently caress do they actually do? Figure 10 of them are involved in the lovely web-shows and forum bannings. What the gently caress are the other 290 people doing that produces NOTHING right now? Everything since the babypoop was released has been nothing but tweaks and minor fixes.

the art teams have proven that they are at least capable of doing mockups and renders and designs of spaceships. ive no doubt that the programmers and coders and burning energy trying to manhandle the lousy engine into doing a fraction of what they need it to. eightace says theyve also recorded hundreds of hours of mocap data, so presumably trying to wrangle that too?

like, between the countless technical limitations, the complete lack of a ckear roadmap, quite high COMPLETELY NORMAL FOR GAME DEV staff turnover, and chris' bonkers unapproval nonsense, its not surprising to me that all progress is teeny tiny.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

I only watched for a couple of minutes but I caught the bit about them wanting their fans to tone down the arguing with non-fans on "click-bait" media pieces.

Watching the very people they're calling out argue with them over this will be fun. Someone who can post on the paid part of the brown sea should start a thread to get them going on it.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

DigitalMocking posted:

So here's a question.

Drawing more rare and limited ship JPEGs

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

DigitalMocking posted:

So here's a question.

The game has no design documents and apparently nobody considers this to be important. When this happens, you basically have a load of people pulling in different directions. Someone will spend ages doing a load of code, but someone else will be in the middle of something else huge and realise they don't play well together and the first guy will have to rewrite it. Then they'll discover that actually the first guy was right so they have to rewrite both things to work differently but work together. Then it'll turn out that this system doesn't fit with others so it just has to be scrapped. poo poo like that can basically burn 6 months of work for 20 developers and at the end of it you'll have nothing.

And CIG are doing this on an industrial scale. By all accounts the entire ilfonic story with the FPS is exactly this issue - they burned multiple years of work from that studio because it didn't fit with the rest of it because nobody had planned anything. That poo poo will be going on every single day on a smaller scale, making 60-70% of poo poo that they do get thrown away and the rest will be re-written as soon as CR sees another game doing something cool.

Development hell and this game is clearly in it when the PU is all they've got to show for 4 years of development and their devs talk about how they've not even begun to design fundamental systems yet.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Eonwe posted:

I'm laughing at the fact that Sandi & Ben and others there have read the Stimpire thing in this thread and have taken steps to have it banned from their twitch channel

:laffo:

i love that their "CEO's/managers" are actively monitoring this thread and reading what we post.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kimsemus posted:

Question of the hour: Is there a development studio or team on the face of the planet that could pull of Star Citizen?

Let's assume that:

1) Chris/Sandi Roberts are not involved in any way.
2) As far as "pull off" I mean, following the bullet points of promises as outlined in the funding milestones and kickstarter.

I'm really wracking my brain, and I can't think of a team with the unlimited funding, time, and expertise to do this. So to me, CIG being incompetent is not the reason SC will never happen, it's just that eventually, especially after the *original* funding promises were met, that the game became impossible.

I'm going to say yes. With two caveats: a choice has to be made to resolve the incompatibilities between some of the things that have been promised. aleksendr points out a couple of ideas that don't really work together on a conceptual level. So we probably have to allow the team to take the promises and jettison some that don't can't be done for that reason. The other is that we probably, somewhat paradoxically, have to buy into CRobber's narrative of being free of the nasty ebil publisher. It's paradoxical because I think that the only ones who could pull it of are some of the top development houses attached to said publishers — companies that would never be insane enough to try something like this.

It would have to be an Ubi or EA game, where they make an unholy alliance with some of the properly insane milsim teams: people like Eagle Dynamics or Bohemia. Guys who have their own engine expertise combined with guys who have enough OCD to care about the fiddly bits.

But that's assuming you want to do it all at once. If you allow it to grow organically over time, with more and more features added, then we're basically looking at a longer-term, and slightly differently focused CCP or Frontier…

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Dark Off posted:

incase you missed the songs i posted earlier. heres some music for solar plebeian
https://soundcloud.com/dark-off/sets/solar-plebian

I grabbed early raw audio from LIGO.
https://soundcloud.com/bth_radio/localgravitydistortionfield

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DigitalMocking posted:

So here's a question.

Plenty of work is being done. The problem is the top brass has no idea what to do with it or have a direction or project management mechanisms in place to deliver a finished product.

Right now, there are 290 people honing their skills and learning new things while earning a paycheck.

Think of this project as the greatest work training project ever funded by the private sector. Once they fly the coop they can end up at other studios or create their own while learning from past mistakes.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Okay, that's a dude right? I mean seriously...

She's in transition. Please respect that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bob, do you have a report on last night's SA posts?

Well, they made over 1000 posts and it took me 3 hours. They talked about the Stimpire, cats, recipes, and Derek Smart said '2 weeks'

Good work Bob, add a Stimpire filter to twitch chat and lets cut out early since Sandi is on a cruise

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol stimpire is an autoban word now

what else can we make bannable that will ensnare innocent shitizens? i'm guessing 'immersion'

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
fidelity, fats lesnick Sandi "Skeletor" Gardiner, t-rex

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I only watched for a couple of minutes but I caught the bit about them wanting their fans to tone down the arguing with non-fans on "click-bait" media pieces.

Interesting they feel the toxic community of nutters is going to put new backers off, bit late to worry about it now though.

Another reason this thing is like a bloody cult is the limited vocabulary such as "click-bait" available to the loonies, they all sound the same and by "the same" I mean demented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6rLUwawQ0&t=235s

I actually feel sorry for that Bored Gamer guy from your link - I watched a few of his vids back when I was a believer. Now however his vids are getting increasingly batshit-insane as he makes wild then wilder assumptions about what will be in the game. I hope he's ok when the inevitable crash and burn happens.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
"all models are being completely redone"
http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/44084443?t=01h20m25s

I'm not sure if its funnier because once again they're remaking assets, or because theres only one player model to begin with.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eonwe posted:

Well, they made over 1000 posts and it took me 3 hours. They talked about the Stimpire, cats, recipes, and Derek Smart said '2 weeks'

Good work Bob, add a Stimpire filter to twitch chat and lets cut out early since Sandi is on a cruise

Don't forget Bob's Powerpoint slides when he has to present them to management.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I love the fact that there's some poor bastard at CIG now being paid with backers money to keep up with this 1900 page long orgy of poo poo posting. And that the guy then has to report the salient facts of this thread back to Sandi, who no doubt freaks the gently caress out and throws things at the nearest non male Caucasian team member while screaming that she wants every goon tainted words stricken from the English language.

Then she gets high as gently caress and eats the whole teams snacks.

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 12, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ash1138 posted:

lol stimpire is an autoban word now

what else can we make bannable that will ensnare innocent shitizens? i'm guessing 'immersion'

"B'tak"

"I'm sure that game development is not too far removed from..."

"No I think you'll find...."

"Game development"

"Fidelity."

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How do you chill dankly?

Is it a pun :confused:

it's a :420: joke

they're the opposite of killrathi, instead of killing with wrath they chill with weed

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

KM Scorchio posted:

Then she gets high as gently caress and eats everyone's snacks.

So that's why the chemistry between Sandi and Ben is so poor.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Have we learned about the Star Citizen shaving mechanics yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

lmao

Thank you, that was impressive.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Cuntpunch posted:

Have we learned about the Star Citizen shaving mechanics yet?

Bad news - it only gets rid of pubes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Everyone involved in this real and actual exchange just got fired

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'm glad that someone is being paid to read this, right now

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Fried Watermelon posted:

Hey Guys,

Sandi Here.

The design of each page of the book has to go through the pipeline before we submit it to the book.

You can buy the binding and cover of the book for $200 and when we release the individual pages you can merely purchase them for $10 a page(BACKERS ONLY).

You can then opt to have us print on delicious card stock paper for a $5 surcharge per page.

Or you can even print them yourself for a $4.50 licensing fee. An additional $2.75 will remove the CIG watermark that covers the entire page.

We also have the "Completionist" Package of the book for $25,000 which includes a voucher for 50% Off the price of pages.

Please stop giving her ideas - we know she reads this forum.

By the way, just to keep it a secret from CIG, you need a Platinum account to read this message.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tippis posted:

Boom. Headshot.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

CIG pay me crowdfunded money to read the thread

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

can i vape in star citizen? asking again

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Needs more madden.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hey sandi, i'm richer and more talented than you!!

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Lando: I don't acknowledge trolls... so I'm going to go off on a 3 minute diatribe about trolls.

Ezekeel posted:

Did I just hear this right that the 'Making Of' book for SC will go to press soon? How inane is releasing a 'Making Of' before they have made anything tangible yet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It turns out the citizens were right all along.

It is our shitposting that is tearing CIG apaaaht Lisa apart and creating the friction that will ruin the greatest game ever. If we would just stop being so mean, RtV would be fun and animated and lively with interesting people on camera. We should all be ashamed. :ohdear:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Sandi: my dog is more talented than you. And she had to be euthanised this afternoon.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sunswipe posted:

Hey, Sandi: my dog is more talented than you. And she had to be euthanised this afternoon.

:(

In a just world it would be the other way around

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

spacetoaster posted:

Sandi has got to be high, or hung over.

Sandi has sadly passed. What you are watching is 'Weekend at Sandis' those idiots have to keep the pretence up or its all over. Jared becomes dumpster lando once again, Money has to find another company to be a token minority in and Ben just does exactly the same thing but in his living room if anyone twigs that Sandi is in fact an ex Sandi

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

is this cyberbullying???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Don't forget Bob's Powerpoint slides when he has to present them to management.

lol

• Locked thread