Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

:fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

how many i survived the internet awards is sandi going to mail herself and post photos of herself receiving this year i wonder

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

EightAce posted:

Sandi has sadly passed. What you are watching is 'Weekend at Sandis' those idiots have to keep the pretence up or its all over. Jared becomes dumpster lando once again, Money has to find another company to be a token minority in and Ben just does exactly the same thing but in his living room if anyone twigs that Sandi is in fact an ex Sandi

Did they ever have the multi-studio meet the Fuhrer meeting you talked about a couple weeks ago?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:(

In a just world it would be the other way around

Thanks. She was an old dog and it was the kindest thing to do. I wouldn't want to wish death on anyone, but I seriously hope all Sandi's itches are unreachable.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

is this cyberbullying???

Comments about Ben's size, maybe. Comments about a self-proclaimed actress having no discernable acting ability or screen presence? No.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Congratulations goons. We now have a more influence over the development of Star Citizen than the mindless hordes of the RSI forums who have thrown over a hundred million at the project. This thread is now a direct line to the CEO and the best marketing director in the history of the whole freaking verse.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bob's a good guy.

Does journal entries by day, reads the thread by night.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

is this cyberbullying???

Nah. Just the regular old-fashioned and socially acceptable (i.e. not headline-grabbing) type.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

KM Scorchio posted:

Congratulations goons. We now have a more influence over the development of Star Citizen than the mindless hordes of the RSI forums who have thrown over a hundred million at the project. This thread is now a direct line to the CEO and the best marketing director in the history of the whole freaking verse.

That explains Sandi's glasses... she's been awake for days trying to catch up with this thread.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Also, if you want reddit to know how you feel about something, or to keep them posted about the latest, it's far better to post here than on reddit.

Hey reddit,

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

BluestreakBTHR posted:

That explains Sandi's glasses... she's been awake for days trying to catch up with this thread.

Sandi would be a perfect fit for this thread, no one trolls shitizen harder than her.

Besides, she's also the world's best shitposter and has been so since she was a little girl!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

I only watched for a couple of minutes but I caught the bit about them wanting their fans to tone down the arguing with non-fans on "click-bait" media pieces.

Interesting they feel the toxic community of nutters is going to put new backers off, bit late to worry about it now though.

Another reason this thing is like a bloody cult is the limited vocabulary such as "click-bait" available to the loonies, they all sound the same and by "the same" I mean demented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6rLUwawQ0&t=235s

That's hilarious. Didn't Sandi say before how proud she was of the special Star Citizen community? Maybe CIG is belatedly realizing that groups of insanely toxic asshats spamming every article remotely related to Star Citizen doesn't look very good to outsiders.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did they ever have the multi-studio meet the Fuhrer meeting you talked about a couple weeks ago?

Some very important people all met and decided to .......
Pay some existing shareholders for an undisclosed sum.
Finalise on another small UK based studio to monetize tax credits and gov initiatives in the UK
Introduce new formats to tell people that they have to cut everything in the game pretty much.
Concentrate all efforts on episode 1 SQ42 . Now internally accepted as is , will be available q2 or 3 2017. This will involve 6-7 hours terrible cutscene and some minor scripted missions. Fly from a to b kill something , etc.
The Stimporer will now be based in the UK 2/3 rds of the year and liase more closely with Germany who are trying to rewrite everything patch by patch.

Pretty much on target if you ask me. Oh, and they don't have 7 million dollars left or whatever del boy claimed. They have a Lot more ...

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Colostomy Bag posted:

Don't forget Bob's Powerpoint slides when he has to present them to management.

i'm sorry without a breakdown of :pgabz: vs :gary: this is useless, get back to work and re-read it

speaking of which did the person who was reading the thread from page 1 and critiquing it just straight up die or what

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Did Lowtax offer the Stimperor an account? It would be a shame to not know the secrets of the Stimverse just because CIG disallows it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Stimpire is eternal. Not even Lord St. Christ of Roberts, Praise Be His Name, can contain its odors.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

EightAce posted:

Oh, and they don't have 7 million dollars left or whatever del boy claimed. They have a Lot more ...

Derek was wrong

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

EightAce posted:

Finalise on another small UK based studio to monetize tax credits and gov initiatives in the UK
Introduce new formats to tell people that they have to cut everything in the game pretty much.
Concentrate all efforts on episode 1 SQ42 . Now internally accepted as is , will be available q2 or 3 2017. This will involve 6-7 hours terrible cutscene and some minor scripted missions. Fly from a to b kill something , etc.
The Stimporer will now be based in the UK 2/3 rds of the year and liase more closely with Germany who are trying to rewrite everything patch by patch.

Pretty much on target if you ask me. Oh, and they don't have 7 million dollars left or whatever del boy claimed. They have a Lot more ...

It's going to be amazing to watch the reality of this drip through to the brown sea over the coming months

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kakarot posted:

Did Lowtax offer the Stimperor an account? It would be a shame to not know the secrets of the Stimverse just because CIG disallows it.

but beet wagon already has an account :confused:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Some of the EightAce posting personas have a style similar to captain btak, and that's what I enjoy as a posting connoisseur

badegakk
Feb 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

Derek was wrong

On the topic of warlords, what happened to the Hail Satan and Hitler guy, did he get an account?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EightAce posted:

DS already said that the number went up because of the holiday sales and that they made something like an extra quarter's worth of cash.

Though of course Enron's higher ups didn't know how hosed they were until right near the end...

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Can we get an embedded PAAAARRP air horn audio playing in this thread, interspersed at random intervals with Derek making cryptic predictions as to the future actions of CIG based on insider sources? I want the halls of CIG HQ to reverberate with the sound of air horns as they desperately listen in hoping to keep up to date on their own failures.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Some of the EightAce posting personas have a style similar to captain btak, and that's what I enjoy as a posting connoisseur

We are legion.
Eight aces in fact.
If by your comment about Btak, you reckon that it's all bullshit ..... Then check what's happening dude.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

How the gently caress would they require one more year to release some cutscenes and scripted missions? :psyduck:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

A while back someone did a really good Animal Farm post and I think it's a neat analogy overall, with a slow bait and switch for expectations and cognitive dissonance as true believers try to justify each incremental stupid lovely excuse for cutting content like the star marine 'it was inside you all along' line

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EightAce posted:

what a shitshow

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Also some kind of bot which auto quotes any post that contains a question mark and responds with 'Well since you obviously know nothing about game development let me enlighten you...' would be a help.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How the gently caress would they require one more year to release some cutscenes and scripted missions? :psyduck:

Dick heads are still throwing money at them. Why not ? At the end of the day they can release whatever the gently caress they like...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

EightAce posted:

We are legion.
Eight aces in fact.
If by your comment about Btak, you reckon that it's all bullshit ..... Then check what's happening dude.

I believe in all of you all, where Btak uses his powerful style for evil you use it for good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

EightAce posted:

Thanks.

Hopefully Powerpoint Bob is still ok.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

EightAce is there a collective internal groan knowing that Chris will be around more? Like is it a generally understood thing that him being there more equals less getting done and more scrapping things and re-doing it/aggressive helicoptering?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
BBC news is going behind the scenes of Star Citizen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m9ry/broadcasts/upcoming

EightAce
May 10, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

I believe in all of you all, where Btak uses his powerful style for evil you use it for good

You know what really sucks. Some of the unbelievable talent , some of the stunning concepts and some of the truly visionary coders.......all linked to this.
Got a flight to catch, bye.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guys, I think it's one of us that's reporting on this thread to CIG. It's probably the most angry about CIG poster here.

We should do an inquisition to find the traitor!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

We are legion.
Eight aces in fact.

A conspiracy of shitposting. I love this thread.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

the lego is still in the works

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

EightAce posted:

You know what really sucks. Some of the unbelievable talent , some of the stunning concepts and some of the truly visionary coders.......all linked to this.

Don't clip out of the Airbus commando. o9

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So uhhh hypothetical situation, if croberts did get an account and was on this thread what would you say to him?

Heh i'm not chris or anything *flails hands*

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

EightAce posted:

EightAce to appear on next week's RtV as whatever developer happens to be on vacation near LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Can you imagine the Lego instructions for this fiasco?

Christ, it probably comes with ten different versions of instructions for all the revisions these things go through.

• Locked thread