Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I got my first 1v5 ace

As the last man alive on the last round of a loss as the terrorists hunted me down/ fled the bomb :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Fat gaben release the update

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

You've been conned, there is no update, there never will be an update, the only thing getting updated at this point is fat gaben's bank account.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Which is fatter? Gabens bank account, or Gaben?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Usp 4k headshot but one of my teammates didnt notice and killed the last guy
Next game an ace but it was p90 second round so it doesnt really count
Next game a true real ace with one frag resulting from my teammate flashing me in really well
I love this game

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Which is fatter? Gabens bank account, or Gaben?

they both believe in CREAM iykwim

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Bohemian Nights posted:

team played our first league match, was pretty fun

I take a short 9 month break and you guys start a comp team. Im hurt!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
started injecting concentrated liquid adderal straight into our tear canals, there was no other way to go

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Bohemian Nights posted:

started injecting concentrated liquid adderal straight into our tear canals, there was no other way to go

Now i know you're lying. Depths wouldn't do that.

Sacrifice newbord children yes, but never that.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ya boy did it (again)

im now the 0.6%

E: rip rank, currently seriously in a mm game against get_right and Heat0n

e: was on my smurf, so I guess I'm still global, but 10 points! 10 points!!!

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 12, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Great job. I will never do that.

Silver is just fine.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'm a bit stuck in Nova 3 & 4. Trying to get out of Nova's right now so I can be good enough to play in Faceit or something. Just got to the 100 hours mark, so here's a demo:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-J3Hna-s68w3-OZdoM-ucSXd-Njp7C

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

ya boy did it (again)

im now the 0.6%

E: rip rank, currently seriously in a mm game against get_right and Heat0n

e: was on my smurf, so I guess I'm still global, but 10 points! 10 points!!!

I'll have you know i awped get right twice and won a duel vs his awp

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm a bit stuck in Nova 3 & 4. Trying to get out of Nova's right now so I can be good enough to play in Faceit or something. Just got to the 100 hours mark, so here's a demo:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-J3Hna-s68w3-OZdoM-ucSXd-Njp7C

I have no idea who you are in this demo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Depths posted:

I'll have you know i awped get right twice and won a duel vs his awp

I killed get_right with the sg several times

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

qhat posted:

I have no idea who you are in this demo

Oh poo poo sorry. It's Kem.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

Casually mention that Friberg was trashing-talking GTR's mother and, coincidentally, you're also looking for a good team to hone your skills with.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
I just dragged three 14-year-old children through 29 rounds to victory. Almost all dead air was filled with the screeching of prepubescent voices trying to sound like Beavis while dumb, bad plays were conducted wholesale and without remorse.

I now understand there can be no god.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

If we can continue to complain about the OP, I'm not happy that the thread tag changed.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

UnfurledSails posted:

Oh poo poo sorry. It's Kem.
Most of your rounds seemed to play out fairly similarly so I won't really do a round-by-round analysis, I'll just point out the recurring things I noticed. First of all a lot of the times I saw you die it was because you were in an awkward position and out in the open with no cover with an awp. You played long a lot and I saw numerous times where you would fall back from corner into the middle of long and scope, right in the open. Had someone run around the corner and you missed your shot and you were in the open, you would be 100% dead. If you need to fall back, throw a flash and find cover quickly, and then re-scope a tight angle from there. Once you fire, fall into cover and then either change position again or go for the re-peek if you feel lucky.

You also seem to never buy a sidearm for your awp, this is a crucial mistake. Your sidearm exists so you have an effective weapon if you need to engage someone close range, the USP and glock are complete poo poo against armored opponents, and the AWP scoped or unscoped close range is far too unreliable.

Round 11 you were holding doors from long and it seemed like the enemy was camping long-tspawn. There was absolutely no need for you to push there, especially not with an AWP, and especially not with a with a garbage sidearm. Be a bit more patient and wait for them to push you.

Other things I noticed:
- CT-side 2nd round you buy kevlar but no sidearm (i.e 5-7 or p250) and end up having 900 bucks left over. Then the round after you buy a P250 but no armor. Instead, buy that p250 on the 2nd round with your kevlar (and helmet).
- T-side pistol round you don't buy anything. Don't do this. I get it that you want an AWP fast, but your team needs the pistol round more than you need an AWP. Get kevlar at the very least
- I saw literally 0 nade usage from you. This is going to severely hold you back as you move up the ranks, basic things like smoking cross and flashing over long doors never happened because 1) your team is dumb 2) you didn't buy nades to do it yourself. Please buy and use nades.
- You always play the same positions as CT, always awping long doors from corner or top mid from the humvee. If I saw someone doing this all the time, that would be perfect for me since I could just run out and prefire those positions, and you can be sure I would get those headshots 100% of the time given how common those positions are. Obviously this doesn't happen like ever at nova, but be aware the higher ranks will not be so forgiving to such obvious plays.

Also as one final piece of advice, your AWP didn't seem bad for a nova, however, and I hate to poo poo on your parade, but you are going to need to learn a gun that is not the Ay Vee Pee. That seemed to be literally the only gun you used all game and you would sacrifice complete buys to get one (glass cannon style). A couple of times I even saw two AWPs on T-side, which is just dumb. At this point I think you should probably stop using the AWP and focus on the other aspects of the game, such as nade usage (since you used basically none), rifling (although I have no idea how good you are with the rifle), and better positioning. For some reason silvers and novas seem to buy awps all the time because they think that that gun has the best chance of carrying them up the ranks, and that is simply not true. You need more than just AWP skills to move up.

Anyway that's my take, other people might spot other things.

qhat fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 13, 2016

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Anyone around Nova/MG that needs people to queue with please add me, redxxll. Want to amass a decent roster of people who actually communicate.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Crimson posted:

Anyone around Nova/MG that needs people to queue with please add me, redxxll. Want to amass a decent roster of people who actually communicate.

i would loe to play with you i too am in desperate need of people who communicate for me

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason I kept playing AWP is that because that's my best weapon by far. I used to play the kar98k in CoD 1 and 2 so I guess I got used to one shot one kill weapons. There is a thrill that comes with hitting a close range flick headshot almost subconsciously. I used to play rifles exclusively when I started CSGO, and waited to see if anyone else bought an AWP before buying one, but then I realized someone always buys one no matter how good they are at it. I would never really get the chance. So a few days ago I just said gently caress it.

From my perspective I think if I play AWP more than rifles, and work on my positioning and nades, maybe I can be a good AWPer for higher ranks instead of a mediocre rifler.

As far as nades go it's tough to find a good way to get better at them. I know some set nades like smoking the long corner or a rush b smoke, but when it comes to situational stuff like flashing to cover a retreat or an entry flash I kind of get awkward usually get killed with a nade in hand.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

UnfurledSails posted:

As far as nades go it's tough to find a good way to get better at them. I know some set nades like smoking the long corner or a rush b smoke, but when it comes to situational stuff like flashing to cover a retreat or an entry flash I kind of get awkward usually get killed with a nade in hand.

This kind of thing comes from experience and learning how grenade physics work in the game, and the only way you'll get more experience is to fumble a ton of nades until you start grokking the basics. Try to do simple things like bounce a flash off a wall before peeking out, or flashing behind you before you peek a corner or run through a smoke like an idiot

You'll flash yourself a whole bunch but the only way to learn the nade timing is to fail miserably for a few hundred hours, which is unfortunately true for most things in cs

e: just in case you don't know, there are three grenade firing modes, left click, left+right click and right click, all of which will throw the grenade different distances. Left and right click is what you'll use the most, and the simplest flashes thrown for yourself almost all involve right clicking

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 13, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

UnfurledSails posted:

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason I kept playing AWP is that because that's my best weapon by far. I used to play the kar98k in CoD 1 and 2 so I guess I got used to one shot one kill weapons. There is a thrill that comes with hitting a close range flick headshot almost subconsciously. I used to play rifles exclusively when I started CSGO, and waited to see if anyone else bought an AWP before buying one, but then I realized someone always buys one no matter how good they are at it. I would never really get the chance. So a few days ago I just said gently caress it.

From my perspective I think if I play AWP more than rifles, and work on my positioning and nades, maybe I can be a good AWPer for higher ranks instead of a mediocre rifler.

As far as the upper ranks go, good snipers tend to be good riflers too. The problem with limiting yourself to an AWP is you are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage when an AWP is completely not an appropriate choice of weapon. Retaking a bombsite, for example, almost mandates a rifle and you'll see decent players almost always dropping their awp for an ak on the floor before they retake. That's because it's extremely easy to get trade killed when entering the site if you only have an AWP, and its also just way more of a dinosaur to use when what you need is speed.

In short, even if you are good with the AWP, if you're not also good with rifles then you will be at a enormous disadvantage when rifling is absolutely required.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: just in case you don't know, there are three grenade firing modes, left click, left+right click and right click, all of which will throw the grenade different distances. Left and right click is what you'll use the most, and the simplest flashes thrown for yourself almost all involve right clicking
I've played 400+ hours and this will be the third GO thread that I've read from front to back and I've never known about a left+right click for nades until this post

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
400 hours...get out while you stll can young one.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

left+right click
...w...what?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

...w...what?

hol y poo poo

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6EM9PfPag

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 13, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Did you know that when doing that you can release left mouse before releasing right mouse and vice versa and it'll subtly change the distance of a grenade toss too!?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hes throwing grenades with half a left click

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

i love u

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh, this wasn't as groundbreaking as I thought. Carry on.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
How didn't you guys know about left/right/both click nade throws :psyduck:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Do I need to include 'press "ctrl" to crouch' in the OP as well?

Press 'w' to walk forwards??

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

How didn't you guys know about left/right/both click nade throws :psyduck:
I knew about left and right click. Never thought about doing both simultaneously though.

Necc0 posted:

Oh shut up, you.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Necc0 posted:

what other weapon has a mode that triggers when you press both buttons? :mad:

does the glock turn into RPG or something big that I'm missing

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
the left+right click is literally how I pulled off my famous reverse double-mcvey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYlWZDCxPs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

the left+right click is literally how I pulled off my famous reverse double-mcvey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYlWZDCxPs
That was hilarious. :laffo:

Also now I'm watching your 52 minute aptflood.flv video. Truly a modern cinematic masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
We sincerely believed we were going to watch a goon electrocute himself in front of our very eyes.

He doesn't, somehow