Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ugh who is this washed-up stuttering guy in the booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hey guys, check out these high-tech digital gauges. Bet you haven't seen anything like that before.

Except in every racing series around the globe.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Daytona 500 entry list:

One-offs (car and/or driver):
-26 Robert Richardson, Jr.
-30 TBA
(e-32 Bobby Labonte)
-35 David Gilliland
-59 Michael McDowell
-83 Michael Waltrip
-93 Matt DiBenedetto
-95 Ty Dillon

kidcoelacanth posted:

ugh who is this washed-up stuttering guy in the booth

Pfft, where have you been the last 15 years?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 12, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

L_Harrison posted:

Hey guys, check out these high-tech digital gauges. Bet you haven't seen anything like that before.

i still hate this

also 43 entries for daytona, if only there were some way for them all to run at the same time. if only...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
crying about the 43 starter thing is a bit dumb because for the bulk of NASCAR history starters varied by track

it's the combination of that with the Charters that sucks, but 40 car fields I'm fine with

also I'm tired of explaining to old men that they start 43 because of DW sucking rear end and not because Petty retired and has an honorary spot any time he wants to try and come back

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

crying about the 43 starter thing is a bit dumb because for the bulk of NASCAR history starters varied by track

right and there are plenty of stalls at daytona so they could start the cars

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Sucks for Dover or whichever track had to shell out a bunch of money to completely redo their pit road and garage to accommodate 43 car fields a couple years ago. Wasn't it Dover that used to have 40 stalls and teams would have to share until the start and park teams dropped out?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wait, there's only one attempt at a GWC if they get past the overtime line and the next flag ends it? What the poo poo?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wait, there's only one attempt at a GWC if they get past the overtime line and the next flag ends it? What the poo poo?

That seems sensible tbh

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

right and there are plenty of stalls at daytona so they could start the cars

or they could start 24 like the Outlaws or any other arbitrary number

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

GUYS FOX SPORTS 1 IS SHOWING "UNTOLD STORIES" FEATURING STERLING MARLIN, COO COO MARLIN AND SMOKEY YUNICK.

ALSO LATER? THE 1993 DAYTONA 500.

GET YOUR ASSES IN THE IRC CHANNEL.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

This segment on the Dodge Daytona V. Ford Talladega V. Plymouth Superbird is amazing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They did the same thing with the 1979 500 last year and it was really well done. It even had retro commercials.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

or they could start 24 like the Outlaws or any other arbitrary number

They should just start 100 entries and make teams share a pit stall like endurance racing

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

They're doing a segment on "The Last American Hero" piece done about Junior Johnson.

They show him making moonshine and acting like a badass.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They have footage of Turner's '67 Chevelle crash

:stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

On FOX's scoring bug, "24 C. Elliott".

The tinge of depression I expected all last season just hit me. :(

Also, here's something interesting:

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverSBN/status/698536528277065728

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverSBN/status/698538434147831808

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverSBN/status/698538826046840832

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverSBN/status/698541573206835201

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverSBN/status/698541988724023296

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So is Chase winning the pole tomorrow basically set in stone? I mean, it's the perfect NASCAR headline. It happens every goddamn year.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

L_Harrison posted:

So is Chase winning the pole tomorrow basically set in stone? I mean, it's the perfect NASCAR headline. It happens every goddamn year.

Danica's run in 2013 turned the 500 pole into even more of a contrivance than it already was.

And that's saying something since Loy Allen, Jr. has one of those trophies.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Holy poo poo, young hot shoe jumps into top team known for plate track success and does well

it's a conspiracy

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

What pissed off that old fat dude with Jimmie?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I mean, it takes a journeyman, salt of the earth type of driver to wrangle one of these cars by holding it wide open and gradually bumping the wheel left, no way they could just bust out a fast lap that young, lemme tell ya

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Overtime starts if there's a restart with two laps to go inside the scheduled distance. In other words, a race could be in "overtime" and end under caution without ever going to overtime.

E- DW has made some surprisingly coherent points today, pointing out the change in how drivers hold the steering wheel may be influenced by driving street cars with airbags and also pointing out the 40 car probably should have gotten a Charter based on the number of races they've run in the last three seasons.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 13, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the missile knows where it is by knowing where it isn't, and it knows where it isn't because it knows where it is

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress that NASCAR nonsense.

It's almost time for lolarca.

Edit: If you aren't rooting for John Wes, you're a commie.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 13, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There hasn't been a hilarious ARCA races in some number of years.

But I'll still be watching.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
ARCA is still entertaining because the drivers are awful and a moment away from turning right into the fence given the right circumstances. Until then, it's fun anticipation, even if it's blue balls in the end.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's called edging

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yes, I like edging. Edging is good. It makes the wreck even better (if it happens).

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I turned on FS1 and it was Kenny Wallace screaming at me about DW dancing and i just turned it right the gently caress off. I'll wait until the race actually starts.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

i liked last year when they had to throw a caution because they dropped the green flag on the racetrack

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ARRRRRRRRCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SASCAR IRC is here: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

ayn rand hand job posted:

i liked last year when they had to throw a caution because they dropped the green flag on the racetrack

Yep. The clownshoes come in many sizes.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I like the dude who has his eyes closed in the intro picture and they just used it anyway. ARCA, baby.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

L_Harrison posted:

My 84 K Car. It was a sweet rear end New Yorker. It talked too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was a good clean lap

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

kidcoelacanth posted:

That was a good clean lap

lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just the one, though

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

L_Harrison posted:

Yes, I like edging. Edging is good. It makes the wreck even better (if it happens).

This is the opposite of that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lolarca took 2 laps

• Locked thread