Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So uhhh hypothetical situation, if croberts did get an account and was on this thread what would you say to him?

Heh i'm not chris or anything *flails hands*

how do you sleep at night knowing that mental defectives are lying to their families about how much debt they are getting into so your harpy of a wife can cosplay as an actress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

cocaine dad show posted:

how do you sleep at night knowing that mental defectives are lying to their families about how much debt they are getting into so your harpy of a wife can cosplay as an actress

It's pretty comfortable to sleep on a pile of money.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Dick heads are still throwing money at them. Why not ? At the end of the day they can release whatever the gently caress they like...

This continuous model of crowdfunding is the worst thing ever. They have no incentive to actually finish and release anything and are rewarded for their failures.

At times I suffer a moment of lucidity in this thread. I begin to think of this as a game being developed, and it almost hurts. When will they finish their first star system? How about the other loving 99? How about actual gameplay content: missions, trade, guilds, NPCs, progression, balancing? How come so many thousands of idiots are satisfied with their glacial paced and regressive development (lack of) model?
Thankfully, at most times, :gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 12, 2016

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

fuzzknot posted:

It's pretty comfortable to sleep on a pile of money.

it would be pretty warming I guess, Lando can probably testify how homeless people sleep under lots of newspapers because they are good and insulating

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kakarot posted:

BBC news is going behind the scenes of Star Citizen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m9ry/broadcasts/upcoming

This better be a hit piece or I'll post angry things.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So uhhh hypothetical situation, if croberts did get an account and was on this thread what would you say to him?

Heh i'm not chris or anything *flails hands*

I would ask him why he thinks what he's doing is acceptable, and what he's going to do when the community loses patience.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cocaine dad show posted:

EightAce is there a collective internal groan knowing that Chris will be around more? Like is it a generally understood thing that him being there more equals less getting done and more scrapping things and re-doing it/aggressive helicoptering?
Oh good, now I have a mental image of Croberts violently twirling his dick at people to make them work harder. Thanks for that.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I would ask him who he thinks is excited for SQ42

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would ask him why he thinks what he's doing is acceptable, and what he's going to do when the community loses patience.

That won't creep the scope any.

I'd ask him if there will be modular ships that you and your guildmates can buy, and connect into larger ships/stations

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"The Chilldanki sit around and parp, with their blunts and their bowls.", the stimperor muses to the 1200 chained to his office walls. "Would any of you like to join them?"

From a dark corner a low moan is heard. The stimperor strains to hear. "You wi....ll, y-yy-yoou,,,willl."

The stimperor shouts, "I WILL WHAT?", and slams down the quadruple pain intensifier unit.

"2 weeks". Say all the poor souls in unison. On the stimperors intercom an urgent message is relayed.

"The chilldanki might have beat us Herr Stimperor, the have tamed the space crabs."

For the first time in the stimperors life, he felt something strange and unknowm. Fear.

Also, I missed around the verse, same old food/wing commander crap again and space plants. lol what a shitshow.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CashEnsign posted:

Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

I'd like to know why none of the other cigs are "playing" it

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

CashEnsign posted:

Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

i'm Ahmed

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They only have one copy on disk to share between them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

Oh good, now I have a mental image of Croberts violently twirling his dick at people to make them work harder. Thanks for that.

Fire up the mo-cap for that one in the prison scene.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

EightAce posted:

You know what really sucks. Some of the unbelievable talent , some of the stunning concepts and some of the truly visionary coders.......all linked to this.
Got a flight to catch, bye.

Its sad that your the only one whos going to be taking a flight and Crobber and Sandmouth know who you are now :/

Reports from the inside, LITERALLY just minutes ago, say Crobbers and Sandi both saying "SON OF A BITCH I KNEW IT WAS YOU LANDO"

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Hey, Sandi: my dog is more talented than you. And she had to be euthanised this afternoon.

I'm sorry for you. It's happy now, in the eternal Sunday afternoon backyard, playing fetch with angels between belly rubs and treats.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

Its sad that your the only one whos going to be taking a flight and Crobber and Sandmouth know who you are now :/

Reports from the inside, LITERALLY just minutes ago, say Crobbers and Sandi both saying "SON OF A BITCH I KNEW IT WAS YOU LANDO"

It's Bob from accounting. The poor bastard drives a Camry, has a foam katana and likes to let loose a few times a week.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I do really feel bad for the talented coders and artists who are trapped in the death march at CIG :/

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

You know what really sucks. Some of the unbelievable talent , some of the stunning concepts and some of the truly visionary coders.......all linked to this.
Got a flight to catch, bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qYItb4g6qg&t=4324s

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

grimcreaper posted:

Alternatively, EightAce is dropping red herrings into this thread in order to throw off the mole hunters.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CashEnsign posted:

They only have one copy on disk to share between them.

Well maybe they could add co-op :smug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

but beet wagon already has an account :confused:

:gary::laffo::yarg:

I guess I need to keep writing, then.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That won't creep the scope any.

I'd ask him if there will be modular ships that you and your guildmates can buy, and connect into larger ships/stations

voltron

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

:gary::laffo::yarg:

I guess I need to keep writing, then.

I'll sell you /u/Stimperor and twitter.com/stimperor for $2499.99

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

EightAce posted:

Some very important people all met and decided to .......
Pay some existing shareholders for an undisclosed sum.
Finalise on another small UK based studio to monetize tax credits and gov initiatives in the UK
Introduce new formats to tell people that they have to cut everything in the game pretty much.
Concentrate all efforts on episode 1 SQ42 . Now internally accepted as is , will be available q2 or 3 2017. This will involve 6-7 hours terrible cutscene and some minor scripted missions. Fly from a to b kill something , etc.
The Stimporer will now be based in the UK 2/3 rds of the year and liase more closely with Germany who are trying to rewrite everything patch by patch.

Pretty much on target if you ask me. Oh, and they don't have 7 million dollars left or whatever del boy claimed. They have a Lot more ...

Hey dude, when you say "Introduce new formats" what does that mean? Like different ways of breaking the news to people or new pseudo content in the "you've already got star marine in the PU" style?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

The words 'sickening' and 'heartbreaking' have basically been ruined for me forever

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BMan posted:

Alternatively, EightAce is dropping red herrings into this thread in order to throw off the mole hunters.

Pffft, with my Drake Herald and a team of NPCs I could intercept the message before it gets...

Eh what the gently caress, doesn't matter, real life poo poo is better and actually delivers results.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

That's as much as the server will take...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'll sell you /u/Stimperor and twitter.com/stimperor for $2499.99

Hey that's a pretty good deal. Twitter accounts come with LTI right? Will I have to go outside on a catwalk to post tweets?

Also, stay safe MONEY ghost.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nice new av btw beet wagon

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart I'm headed down to South Florida tomorrow morning to try and get some shots of the blacktip shark migration.

Wanna come out and go snorkeling? I have extra gear :P

e:

Eonwe posted:

nice new av btw beet wagon

Thank you. My mysterious benefactor has yet to reveal themselves, but I'm honored by their use of :10bux:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tippis posted:

I'm going to say yes. With two caveats: a choice has to be made to resolve the incompatibilities between some of the things that have been promised. aleksendr points out a couple of ideas that don't really work together on a conceptual level. So we probably have to allow the team to take the promises and jettison some that don't can't be done for that reason. The other is that we probably, somewhat paradoxically, have to buy into CRobber's narrative of being free of the nasty ebil publisher. It's paradoxical because I think that the only ones who could pull it of are some of the top development houses attached to said publishers — companies that would never be insane enough to try something like this.

It would have to be an Ubi or EA game, where they make an unholy alliance with some of the properly insane milsim teams: people like Eagle Dynamics or Bohemia. Guys who have their own engine expertise combined with guys who have enough OCD to care about the fiddly bits.

But that's assuming you want to do it all at once. If you allow it to grow organically over time, with more and more features added, then we're basically looking at a longer-term, and slightly differently focused CCP or Frontier…

I agree with this, and what aleksendr said. Even when I backed in 2012 I was curious as to how a PU would work alongside private servers with custom rulesets, and truth be told high population private servers is what I wanted to begin with, where I could strip out all the realism things I or others didn't like and build a fun private experience from there, similar to what some Arma III servers do.

In order to do what CIG is trying to do after resolving the idiosyncrasies in design would require an unholy union of developers with broad skillsets. CCP for the server architecture and design, Bohemia for the realism/sim bits, People on the E:D team for the space bits, DICE/EA for the FPS bits, and someone like Actiblizzard to literally throw money at it until it's done.

Chris Roberts have at once both exposed the greatest boon and greatest weakness of having no publisher to answer to:

On the one hand you can design the game you want unfettered, on the other, there is no one to reign you in when necessary whispering "Remember Caesar, thou art mortal".

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

BMan posted:

im the mole hunter they hired. he doesnt need to throw red herrings as i was doing that for him so he didnt get caught. Sorry lando :( the jig is up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BMan posted:

You mean, Sandi reads his comment and goes “hmm… but the only one flying is… GASP! ME!!” <cue twilight zone music>

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

I actually feel sorry for that Bored Gamer guy from your link - I watched a few of his vids back when I was a believer. Now however his vids are getting increasingly batshit-insane as he makes wild then wilder assumptions about what will be in the game. I hope he's ok when the inevitable crash and burn happens.

Yeah, I have nothing really against him, I've not watched a lot of his videos but not seen him turn nasty against anyone who doesn't share his beliefs. I was following batgirl for my canary in the coalmine extreme fan purposes but I think she figured out Star Citizen as advertised would never appear quite a while back. She made a comment about CIG using her to hype things ages ago and was friends with too many of the old crew in Austin not to have insider info, plus she's trying to make money from patreon etc so that's going to temper her public views.

I wanted a real hardcore fan just to see when things really start to turn, Bored Gamer is still on the crazy train, grinning and blowing the steam whistle up front so he's perfect.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

star citizen, exclusively on the ouya 2

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tippis posted:

You mean, Sandi reads his comment and goes “hmm… but the only one flying is… GASP! ME!!” <cue twilight zone music>

There's a gremlin on the wing of the plane and his name is Derek Smart.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Kimsemus posted:

On the one hand you can design the game you want unfettered, on the other, there is no one to reign you in when necessary whispering "Remember Caesar, thou art mortal".

does Chris also speak of himself only in the third person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/Stimperor/status/698276436554215424

• Locked thread