Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wouldnt it be funny if i was Chris Roberts all along and just went for a Goon ride because its fun and not awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AP posted:

Yeah, I have nothing really against him, I've not watched a lot of his videos but not seen him turn nasty against anyone who doesn't share his beliefs. I was following batgirl for my canary in the coalmine extreme fan purposes but I think she figured out Star Citizen as advertised would never appear quite a while back. She made a comment about CIG using her to hype things ages ago and was friends with too many of the old crew in Austin not to have insider info, plus she's trying to make money from patreon etc so that's going to temper her public views.

I wanted a real hardcore fan just to see when things really start to turn, Bored Gamer is still on the crazy train, grinning and blowing the steam whistle up front so he's perfect.

If batgirl ever completely loses faith (or alternatively gets on Sandi/Chris-R's bad side) things will get really nasty for her.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuckin lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

redwalrus posted:

"all models are being completely redone"
http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/44084443?t=01h20m25s

I'm not sure if its funnier because once again they're remaking assets, or because theres only one player model to begin with.

The body language when the new guy says that is incredible. Somebody is going to be having a word with that guy, I think he's so new he believed them about this open development thing. :lesnick: glances around looks guilty and changes the subject.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

fuckin lol

I'm really confused about this whole "stimpire" thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

If batgirl ever completely loses faith (or alternatively gets on Sandi/Chris-R's bad side) things will get really nasty for her.

She won't, she tried fund raising for new camera equipment and then stopped raises funds when it was obvious they somehow weren't that gullible. But two different fans each bought her one of those alien scout things, she's probably making a fortune selling her 2nd hand shoes to Citizens.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Between the Stimpire, the new comic, Solar Plebian, the custom music, the vidoes, etc. this thread has done more to breathe life into Star Citizen than Chris Roberts' entire loving enterprise. The drama around this game is more engaging than the game itself, and insanely more fun. It's become a huge ARG. Which is really great when new backers come on board because they can't tell the difference between a CIG forum post, or an official Stimperor tweet, and assume it's all an official part of the game. :lol::lol:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

:prepop:

. . .

:stonklol:

. . . God, they're going to throw a FIT.

Shall we start placing bets on how long that account lasts before the inevitable ban?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kimsemus posted:

That's because it makes no sense. You know, in the classic Lovecraftian “things men are not meant to know” way.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

AP posted:

The body language when the new guy says that is incredible. Somebody is going to be having a word with that guy, I think he's so new he believed them about this open development thing. :lesnick: glances around looks guilty and changes the subject.

it is pretty loving hilarious

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Holy crap.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

fuzzknot posted:

:prepop:

. . .

:stonklol:

. . . God, they're going to throw a FIT.

Shall we start placing bets on how long that account lasts before the inevitable ban?

A ban on what basis?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Mirificus posted:

A ban on what basis?

Copyright violation. They own everything on their forums. :gary: EEEEEEEEVERYTHIIING

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I'm on a trip tomorrow but hopefully I'll have time for the next comic and a proper stimperial portrait if one doesn't already exist by tomorrow night. Can't have his stimperial majesty represented by a scumsucking pain marine

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Mega sperg Star Citizen guy posts...I think it'll have been 4 different threads about something called the 'stimpire'. Note again he's done it 4 times. It's basically a guy writing up huge tracts about his wierdo fetish and passing it off as 'lore'

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

Mirificus posted:

A ban on what basis?

On the basis of ROBERTS ANGRY

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EightAce posted:

Dick heads are still throwing money at them. Why not ? At the end of the day they can release whatever the gently caress they like...
that may actually trigger cognitive dissonance in a whale's head. they feel compelled to give money, but that means the game will keep being delayed

oh wait lol i forgot they don't actually want to play the game, they just want to dream about it

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Mirificus posted:

A ban on what basis?

Oh, right. I forgot it wasn't the RSI forums or the their twitch feed; freedom of speech might actually be a thing.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

HapiMerchant posted:

Mega sperg Star Citizen guy posts...I think it'll have been 4 different threads about something called the 'stimpire'. Note again he's done it 4 times. It's basically a guy writing up huge tracts about his wierdo fetish and passing it off as 'lore'

Except now it is lore

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Pretty much on target if you ask me. Oh, and they don't have 7 million dollars left or whatever del boy claimed. They have a Lot more ...

You can have inside information and still be wrong. It's also worth remembering that everyone has their own biases and the logic for Derek Smart not knowing exactly how much is still in the kitty equally applies to a random dude with insider information. Internal rumours can be wrong and with ~14 companies I'd assume very few inside CIG know how much is left, also developers have mortgages etc to pay so there would be very good reasons to have your staff believe your financial situation is more positive that it is via internal rumours especially when talented people are already leaving.

Having said all that if you assume the funding tracker isn't fixed, Oct-Dec would indicate they maybe picked up an extra 7 million over a 3 million/month burn rate just in that quarter, I personally think there'll be another Citizen Con unless Space Court happens.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It is completely reasonable for people to want to play an MMO and not have to deal with other people

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Josephine's medically augmented heart was pounding in her chest. She'd never even heard of someone being summoned to meet the Stimperor before, but when the county Torture-And-Delivery-Bot had come by to deliver her Painmail this morning, there had been an extra capsule in the pile without a return address. Cautiously, Josephine had placed the capsule in her mouth and swallowed. As the thousand tiny hypodermic needles extended and shredded the inside of her throat, the message had played out in her mind with a terrifying boom. "YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED BY THE OFFICE OF THE STIMPEROR SUPREME. ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 13:30 PAINHOURS OR FACE IMMEDIATE EXECUTION." Now she sat quietly at the kitchen table, occasionally coughing up blood and wondering how to explain to her boss that she would need to take the afternoon off. The message had made it clear that this invitation wasn't optional, but the Horrorfarm where she worked was already backlogged with citizens needing all sorts of things. They had fifty insanity-injection procedures to do this afternoon, and her presence would be sorely missed. "Well, I might as well call in now and get this over with," she thought, reaching over to pick up her phone and feeling the familiar slice of the razor-blade case against her hand.

Josephine winced as the the cabbie/executioner stopped sharply in front of the ominous glass-fronted building. The quick stop had caused the Passenger Restraint and Torture System fitted in the back of the cab to wound her deeply, and she briefly wondered if the blood pouring from the cuts across her belly and chest was going to wash out of her now shredded blouse. "That'll be five fingernails, Ma'am," the cabbie/executioner said, and Josephine set dutifully about prying out her newly lacquered nails. "Keep the change," she smiled, handing him seven nails as she undid her PRATS and slid up off of the Ruinator installed in the seat. Soon she was blinking against the bright sunlight, looking at the building that seemed to rise up above the hubbub of the busy New Stim City streets. Marshalling her courage, Josephine walked gingerly through the double doors under the large sign that read "STIMPERIAL CONTROL CENTER", unsure of what lay ahead. Seated behind a large marble desk, the receptionist/executioner greeted Josephine with a friendly hello. "Who are you here to see, Ms..." he trailed off, obviously fishing for information. "Ruinedface, Josephine Ruinedface, here to see uh... well, the Stimperor. I got a Painmail this morning, asking me to come down." Josephine said, even more uncertain of the events that lay before her. "Certainly, Ms. Ruinedface. I'll just need to check your ID and we'll get you upstairs to see the Stimperor" the receptionist/executioner said as he placed a large metal box on the counter. "Place your hand in the box, please." Josephine raised her right hand, careful to take off the ring her late husband had given her at their wedding. She placed it through a hole in the side of the box and smiled grimly as the dull drill bit tore its way through her palm. She knew she should have expected formalities before meeting the Stimperor, but she had always liked to think she lived in a world that thought the best of people. "Still," she thought, "I suppose it's not too paranoid to ask for ID before letting someone in the same room as the Stimperor Supreme." The box clicked twice and blinked a green light, and Josephine withdrew her perforated hand, accepting a napkin from the receptionist/executioner. "Alright Ms. Ruinedface, our elevators are down this hallway and on the left. Just tell Mr. Organfeast you're headed to the ninety-fourth floor and he'll get you where you need to go. Have a great day!" Josephine's heels clicked a fast rhythm on the marble floor as she hurried to the elevator, already prying off a fingernail to tip the elevator man/executioner.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm Mr. Organfeast hello everyone ama

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm thinking of starting a weekly star citizen related video show where I mostly fart loudly into a microphone and punch myself repeatedly in the testicles (as a way to simulate star citizen gameplay, since there really isn't any). Would folks here be willing to Patreon me for this?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FrankieGoes posted:

I'm thinking of starting a weekly star citizen related video show where I mostly fart loudly into a microphone and punch myself repeatedly in the testicles (as a way to simulate star citizen gameplay, since there really isn't any). Would folks here be willing to Patreon me for this?

sorry, Reversetheverse already has this covered

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Money said he wanted to be a pirate on the latest RTV

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

https://imgur.com/a/vCHI9

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hey everyone it's your favorite Youtube streamer GaylordFuckassGamer here for another STAR CITIZEN question and answer video! I'll take questions from my viewers and we'll have a fun discussion on STAR CITIZEN as if any of this loving matters or we know anything at all! It's 6 PM on a Friday and this is what I am doing with my life!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Galarox posted:

Money said he wanted to be a pirate on the latest RTV

:perfect:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

Got a flight to catch, bye.

EightAce is Chris Roberts

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

CashEnsign posted:

Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Between the Stimpire, the new comic, Solar Plebian, the custom music, the vidoes, etc. this thread has done more to breathe life into Star Citizen than Chris Roberts' entire loving enterprise. The drama around this game is more engaging than the game itself, and insanely more fun. It's become a huge ARG. Which is really great when new backers come on board because they can't tell the difference between a CIG forum post, or an official Stimperor tweet, and assume it's all an official part of the game. :lol::lol:

The first iteration of the Inform 7/Interactive fiction of the 4th Stimpire will be arriving soon...'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Wafflz posted:

EightAce is Chris Roberts

EightAce is full of poo poo.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

:eonwe:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Sillybones posted:

EightAce is full of poo poo.

I want to believe!!!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

"..offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity.."

Naughty electricity.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'd like to know why none of the other cigs are "playing" it

It's a single player game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I came here to see if this was a game yet and if I should get in on the last chance for the bundle or whatever. I ended up reading stimpire fiction. I can't decide if that was hilarious, terrifying, or sad.

E: Why do children in the stimpire born on july 14th have their skeleton removed? someone buy zealot an account.

• Locked thread