Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

The Fourth Stimpire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

cocaine dad show posted:

The Fourth Stimpire

Mods change my name etc.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Mods change my name etc.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Mods change my name etc.

Nostalgia4Stimpire

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sillybones posted:

EightAce is full of poo poo.

Septic tank transporter confirmed.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

have a look in gbs now lol

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

The Stimporer will now be based in the UK 2/3 rds of the year and liase more closely with Germany who are trying to rewrite everything patch by patch.

I'm so sorry :(

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I came here to see if this was a game yet and if I should get in on the last chance for the bundle or whatever. I ended up reading stimpire fiction. I can't decide if that was hilarious, terrifying, or sad.

E: Why do children in the stimpire born on july 14th have their skeleton removed? someone buy zealot an account.

the correct answer is shocking and heartbreaking

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sillybones posted:

EightAce is full of poo poo.

EightAce is Chris Roberts rumour confirmed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Eonwe posted:

Nostalgia4Stimpire

:vince:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

BeefThief posted:

the correct answer is shocking and heartbreaking

I'm glad you used the serious tag

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
If you are in the Stimpire, probably don't go out for a restaurant meal.

I don't understand: "Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered to be 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population". Are they 40 times taller? Are there 40 enforcers per population?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I came here to see if this was a game yet and if I should get in on the last chance for the bundle or whatever. I ended up reading stimpire fiction. I can't decide if that was hilarious, terrifying, or sad.

E: Why do children in the stimpire born on july 14th have their skeleton removed? someone buy zealot an account.

I'm open to constructive criticism, but be warned - your skeleton will be removed if you say anything negative about the Stimpire.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Sillybones posted:

If you are in the Stimpire, probably don't go out for a restaurant meal.

I don't understand: "Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered to be 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population". Are they 40 times taller? Are there 40 enforcers per population?

yes

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
What's this that pooped into my mailbox?

quote:

It’s your last chance to pick up Star Citizen and Squadron 42 together for one low price! Beginning this Sunday, February 14, Star Citizen packages will no longer include the Squadron 42 single player campaign by default. Pick up your package today if you want to lock in access to both parts of the project!

More details on the package split are available here. Existing Star Citizen backers seeking to introduce friends and family to the ‘Verse can pick up a starter that includes both modules with a small discount here.

Whether you’re most looking forward to Star Citizen’s immersive persistent universe or Squadron 42’s dynamic single-player campaign, we’re looking forward to seeing you in the ‘Verse!

-The Star Citizen Team

That's a clever way to deny future refunds is what that is.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CashEnsign posted:

Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

yeah and my discord bot plays System Shock 2

I really hope they're not using that as proof because :laffo:

literally the most recent discord update was we can't be assed to keep track of games, write down what you're playing yourself jerk

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder how much marketing they plan to spend on pushing SQ42. Alot of "AAA" games have a 1:1 ratio for marketing vs. cost of production. Some games, like Call of Duty, actually put 4x more into marketing, spending somewhere in the range of $200 million. With that in mind, even if CIG has half the money its raised through crowdfunding its a paltry number if they plan on marketing it the way most high-budget games are. If anything SQ42 needs a more aggressive push because they've already sold the product to their core base. They basically have no choice but to go for broke on this thing. And it's a turd.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 13, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This better be a hit piece or I'll post angry things.

They have a charter which says they have to be balanced. If it's an uncritical suckjob you can complain to the BBC and they have to look at it and respond. You can force some intern to read Derek's blogs. It's probably going to be a suckjob, I vaguely remember reddit saying some BBC reporter was a shitzen who was working on a piece.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They basically have no choice but to go for broke on this thing. And it's a turd.

A polished turd

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

meet my brother, he is an optician/executioner

this is my mother, she is a cashier/executioner

this is my father, he is a jpeg salesman/chris roberts

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ostentatious posted:

meet my brother, he is an optician/executioner

this is my mother, she is a cashier/executioner

this is my father, he is a jpeg salesman/chris roberts

Optician/executioner pays well and is well respected in the Stimpire. He'll probably never be turned into dinner!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chalks posted:

Hey dude, when you say "Introduce new formats" what does that mean? Like different ways of breaking the news to people or new pseudo content in the "you've already got star marine in the PU" style?

I'm guessing it means new random shows no one watches where homeless santa sits there telling shitizens they can't have procedural generated space plants. Like a dad explaining to his developmentally challenged son that he can't have a birthday and a christmas tomorrow

So the bad news leaks out mixed with rumor, denial and disbelief (it didn't come from the holy orifice of Crobber see) and they can do some damage control if the brown sea starts to riot too much over the mixmaster getting canned or whatever

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

The body language when the new guy says that is incredible. Somebody is going to be having a word with that guy, I think he's so new he believed them about this open development thing. :lesnick: glances around looks guilty and changes the subject.

Oh god that was so awkward. I feel sorry for the guy he's definitely getting yelled at

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
From the Stimpire Cookbook of Pain

Excruciating agony soup (serves 6)

Ingredients:
Ground glass (not too finely ground)
Iron filings
I test tube of Ebola pathogens (available from your local grocers)
2 pints silicate based lifeform blood
1 pint carbon based lifeform blood
1/2 ounce small lego bits
4 small steel ball bearings
2 ounces caltrops
3 blatella americana

Method
Plug yourself into the kitchen pain amplifier
To a large painpan add the silicate and carbon based lifeform blood & bring to the boil
In a small painbowl mix the iron filings, lego, caltrops and ground glass with your hands
Add the mixture to the pan
Drive the steel ball bearings into your eyes one at a time then add to the soup
Drink the Ebola pathogen testube. When you begin to hemorrhage add the resultant blood and mucus to the soup
Garnish with the blatella
Serve

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I wonder how much marketing they plan to spend on pushing SQ42. Alot of "AAA" games have a 1:1 ratio for marketing vs. cost of production. Some games, like Call of Duty, actually put 4x more into marketing, spending somewhere in the range of $200 million. With that in mind, even if CIG has half the money its raised through crowdfunding its a paltry number if they plan on marketing it the way most high-budget games are. If anything SQ42 needs a more aggressive push because they've already sold the product to their core base. They basically have no choice but to go for broke on this thing. And it's a turd.

I am sure that the backers will be furious to see CIG spend any money on marketing.

Oh who am I kidding, they will praise CIG using whatever idiotic excuse floats to the surface.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Berious posted:

I'm guessing it means new random shows no one watches where homeless santa sits there telling shitizens they can't have procedural generated space plants. Like a dad explaining to his developmentally challenged son that he can't have a birthday and a christmas tomorrow

So the bad news leaks out mixed with rumor, denial and disbelief (it didn't come from the holy orifice of Crobber see) and they can do some damage control if the brown sea starts to riot too much over the mixmaster getting canned or whatever

Shows like "Perverse the Verse" or whatever that show Jared was on when he said SC has no trolls?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If they weren't going to sell jpgs after the game is done, why is so much development effort going to the jpeg showroom/sales floor? They could be working on anything else but they're on champagne wishes and caviar jpegs, along with a prison scene and drug deals? What the everloving gently caress?

It's clear they've realized the last thing they should do is actually release a game and just continue milking the whales until they're dry. It is a scam, it's beyond just incompetence at this point.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mendrian posted:

Has anyone said Star Citizen Kane yet?

If you remember what happens to Rosebud:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BeefThief posted:

If they weren't going to sell jpgs after the game is done, why is so much development effort going to the jpeg showroom/sales floor? They could be working on anything else but they're on champagne wishes and caviar jpegs, along with a prison scene and drug deals? What the everloving gently caress?

It's clear they've realized the last thing they should do is actually release a game and just continue milking the whales until they're dry. It is a scam, it's beyond just incompetence at this point.

I don't think anyone but the most insane citizens actually believes they won't be selling ships for real money after release.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Wafflz posted:

I don't think anyone but the most insane citizens actually believes they won't be selling ships for real money after release.

CIG has already said they would.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am sure that the backers will be furious to see CIG spend any money on marketing.

Oh who am I kidding, they will praise CIG using whatever idiotic excuse floats to the surface.

there was an INN stream recently and GORF pointed out that one guy was bragging about knowing where and when they would be placing a big SQ42 advertisement. There was some speculation that it would be before one of the Star Wars spin-offs or something.

In any case, he certainly sounded tickled by it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wulfling posted:

CIG has already said they would.

Well they used some weasel words like "packages" so citizens assume that just means that people can buy a starter ships and not a $1000+ whale boat. It's like they think servers are free.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Shows like "Perverse the Verse" or whatever that show Jared was on when he said SC has no trolls?

Yeah something along those lines. They need a title that rhymes with verse though. Hearse the verse :rip:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Berious posted:

Yeah something along those lines. They need a title that rhymes with verse though. Hearse the verse :rip:
Another show for IMDB resume profile padding! :dance:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chalks posted:

The faith was still super high back then. It's astonishing that them literally saying "we won't even start thinking about this feature until after the game is released" wasn't identified as an obvious cancellation of the feature.

I'm sure they'll get right on re-engineering their entire client-server infrastructure for the private servers feature once they've already released the game and have absolutely no incentive to do so.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6352308/#Comment_6352308

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6352015/#Comment_6352015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CashEnsign posted:

Reddit has hard proof:

take that g00nies

Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop. Hard proof of what?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

Mega sperg Star Citizen guy posts...I think it'll have been 4 different threads about something called the 'stimpire'. Note again he's done it 4 times. It's basically a guy writing up huge tracts about his wierdo fetish and passing it off as 'lore'

It's terrifying and kind of beautiful that we have preserved (perversed?) this maniac's fantasy and enshrined it in a place of infamy/respect? in this weird rear end thread community

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sandi needs to rehearse the verse so she doesn't look at the script every 5 seconds

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They can't put any money into marketing, crobbits told us that giving him 100m dollars was equivalent to another developer having 400m dollars because he'll put all the money into the game and not spend 3/4 of it on advertising and publisher profits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

where does star citizen rank on the "immersion" scale

• Locked thread