Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Looks like they're trying to dickwave at WB specifically. Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sleeveless posted:

In the mid-00s this was actually the plan for the scrapped Warriors remake, being "true to the novel" and grounded by having a mostly black/Hispanic cast, setting it in LA, and having massive brawls.

The modern version of the original's campy comic book look with the matching themed costumes would probably be something like Hotline Miami, and I would love to see N&T's take on that kind of insanity.

I can't get used to the controls of Hotline but I'd love love love to see N/T do a movie adaptation of it, too bad movie studios aren't that cool :sigh:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Looks like Deadpool broke a record for highest grossing R-rated Thursday night preview at $12.7 million dollars, beating out Hangover II and Fifty Shades Of Grey. And no movie that has made $10 million on it's preview release has yet to make under $85 million at the box office. Box Office Mojo is now reconsidering it's initial opening weekend estimate of $72 million 4-day weekend and may surpass Fifty Shades' record for it's $85 million opening for a February weekend.

Welcome our new R-rated comic book movie overlords.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Woah

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I would fall to the ground sobbing, "Why!? Why?!" over and over again, but I already know the answer to that.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Young Freud posted:

Looks like Deadpool broke a record for highest grossing R-rated Thursday night preview at $12.7 million dollars, beating out Hangover II and Fifty Shades Of Grey. And no movie that has made $10 million on it's preview release has yet to make under $85 million at the box office. Box Office Mojo is now reconsidering it's initial opening weekend estimate of $72 million 4-day weekend and may surpass Fifty Shades' record for it's $85 million opening for a February weekend.

Welcome our new R-rated comic book movie overlords.

I'm glad that studios will now release movies in February. Thank you Deadpool and... Fifty Shades of Grey.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq86v60c_Jo

psychic anthony hopkins teams up with nu-robocop's wife and the nicest torturer guy ever from hired guns

Also what the gently caress happened to Colin Farrel? Was it Total Recall that did this?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He made The Lobster in between which people seem to really like.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

muscles like this? posted:

He made The Lobster in between which people seem to really like.

The Lobster was my second favourite and also funniest movie I saw last year. He was also one of the only good parts of True Detective season 2.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Seriously guys that movie is based on a script that was a sequel to Seven. It has psychics. Multiple psychics. It was originally a sequel to Seven

I just

Wow

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
Utterly baffled that anyone could want to see Deadpool, I guess I'm officially out of touch with the young crowd. It maybe makes it easier for R-rated action movies to get greenlit in the future, so yay?
But ya, the only way I'd sit through that is at gunpoint

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

WB recently put an embargo on using Deathstroke and Suicide Squad characters in Arrow so get ready for Deathstroke competing with Deadpool in the next few years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

WB recently put an embargo on using Deathstroke and Suicide Squad characters in Arrow so get ready for Deathstroke competing with Deadpool in the next few years.

So who will win the original or the rip off?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bobkatt013 posted:

So who will win the original or the rip off?

Unless they keep Manu Bennett, Deathstroke loses. :colbert:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wish they'd make another Beast Wars movie instead of these Transformers ones. Beast Wars was way cooler.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The book is even more explicitly the Anabasis.

I'll have to read both the book and the Anabasis then, I'm kinda miffed that I never heard about the latter because I'm usually into Greek stuff.

quote:

He also said that “Transformers 6” will tell the “never before heard” story of the Bumblebee character from Hasbro’s Transformers universe.

A story about a populat character heretofore unheard of? But how will the fans react?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Sinners Sandwich posted:

How stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I haven't read the comics, was Deathstroke in Suicide Squad? You're probably thinking of Deadshot.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bullet3 posted:

Utterly baffled that anyone could want to see Deadpool, I guess I'm officially out of touch with the young crowd. It maybe makes it easier for R-rated action movies to get greenlit in the future, so yay?
Sorry but it's actually p good and funny so stay salty I guess because poo poo's going to blow the doors off.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

people i know who loving hates monkeycheese humour came out of the theatres saying it's genuinely good, so it should be a fun watch

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

People getting keen on Anabasis ITT have picked a good time and might want to check out this thread.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Vegetable posted:

I wish they'd make another Beast Wars movie instead of these Transformers ones. Beast Wars was way cooler.

Animal CGI is always really hard to make convincing, so I can't wait to see what horrors they can manage by trying to have realistic oversized animals flip up their skins and body parts to transform into giant humanoid robots.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

bullet3 posted:

This was typed from a nursing home by a bitter old man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

to be fair to that guy the deadpool trailers were dreadful.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Groovelord Neato posted:

to be fair to that guy the deadpool trailers were dreadful.

Also, the writing for Deadpool is very hit and miss. He can be a great character if handled right, but a lot of writers just make him into an unfunny monkeycheese character.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

He broke the fourth wall again a hoo hoo so funny

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think there's a good chance I would like the movie, but the trailers were loving cringeworthy. I felt like I was watching comedy written by committee to appeal to 16 year old boys.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

eyebeem posted:

I felt like I was watching comedy written by committee to appeal to 16 year old boys.

Seeing as they were inevitably overseen by a bunch of people and were no doubt pitched at mythical "key demographics" that's probably an apt description.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Absolutely did not enjoy any second of the Deadpool trailers, going because reviews and February.

At least I'm not seeing Zoolander No 2. :smug:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read the comics, was Deathstroke in Suicide Squad? You're probably thinking of Deadshot.

Clint Eastwood's son has an uncredited role in Suicide Squad, and the rumor is that it's Deathstroke or Slade Wilson on his way to becoming Deathstroke.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Peel posted:

People getting keen on Anabasis ITT have picked a good time and might want to check out this thread.

Bookmarked, many thanks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Die Laughing posted:

Clint Eastwood's son has an uncredited role in Suicide Squad, and the rumor is that it's Deathstroke or Slade Wilson on his way to becoming Deathstroke.

Oh Jesus, Scott Eastwood as Deathstroke might be the worst thing. I'm still pulling for more Manu Bennett, he owns.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Deadpool was a lot of fun, now's the time for people who complain about Hollywood not making enough R-rated/mid-budget/smaller-scale movies to step up so we get more of them.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Die Laughing posted:

I'll never not find it hilarious that Marvel ripped off Deathstroke/Slade Wilson with the character Deadpool/Wade Wilson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jisforjosh posted:

I'll never not find it hilarious that Marvel ripped off Deathstroke/Slade Wilson with the character Deadpool/Wade Wilson.

That was Rob Liefelds bread and butter.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jisforjosh posted:

And they turned out to be completely different characters in the end, despite looking really similar.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

jisforjosh posted:

Marvel has so many heroes analogous to Superman. It's pretty funny.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Vegetable posted:

Trukk not munky

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jisforjosh posted:

The best thing was when Joe Kelly (who did the classic Deadpoool books) did the Annual for Batman/Superman where their Earth 2 counterparts for Batman, Superman, and Deathstroke showed up. This meant Owlman, Ultraman, and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Deadpool is adorable and fun.

• Locked thread